• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The pikas are all staying together and most of us should be there the night before. You're welcome to crash with us if you need to.
That's pretty cool to have all the people that play the same character stay together. Talk character strategies and stuff.

Only that you'd have to book off another hotel for MK if they did it too.

Browny

Smash Hater
Booked my flights for 12 days in usa :)

Now I must ask, for people who went to genesis one, how many people could comfortably stay in a parlour suite? I dont plan on inviting too many people to stay with me if they will all be forced to sleep on the floor etc.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I don't mind this new style. it works well. It's something completely new haha.

Also Browny. In just a 2 bed room, my bro and I had about 7 or 8 people. Half slept on the floor, but everyone was overall comfortable.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
Lol I don't mind this new style. it works well. It's something completely new haha.

Also Browny. In just a 2 bed room, my bro and I had about 7 or 8 people. Half slept on the floor, but everyone was overall comfortable.
Sausage fest

tw1n

Smash Champion
Awesome fest too!
Mango, HBox and JMan were all in there lol.
Doesn't get too much better ;)

Aside from Apex where we roomed with Taj, Axe, Wobbles, Shiz, SmashMac and YEAH! :D

Tony T

Smash Ace
Hmm I'll have to see about this because if I have a job this summer I may be able to go however if my job laps into friday then I cant attend on friday I hope brawl singles start on Saturday if so then I think I can come.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
I'll be there but I would need housing... for 3 weeks ^^. I don't want to come just for 3 days, I'll be in the USA for 3 weeks !
I know some people like the germ (I have pictures to prove this) and I'd like to be welcomed in the USA :)
Can someone hook me up with good people that I can rely on for housing?
I'd like to visit NYC for the 4th of july for instance...
thx in advance guys !
smash lives on forever !
my AIM : ultrajoanna
my msn : joannadark5@gmail.com
my skype : joannadark5
please don't hesitate and contact me if you think you can help me in my trip to this great country !
Vive les États Unis d'Amérique !
merci :)
just reposting in case someone can help me :)

Brian

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of people asking for housing pre-tournament in norcal, and norcal isn't particularly known for having lots of housing. If you want to fly out early and hang in norcal, be sure you can afford a hostel or a hotel room or something, because it looks like there are going to be way more heads coming in then housing being offered.
Just want to repost this for those looking for housing before or after the tournament.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Twin_

those were good times

deff happening again
Lol if you wanna room with us then you can :)
We already have Kage, Fuzzy and a few others rooming with us.
Lol i gotta keep track of who said they are and arent haha. Fuzzy and Kage definitely are tho.

Browny

Smash Hater
Just want to repost this for those looking for housing before or after the tournament.
:/ Its extra hard when no one in norcal mentions theyre available to house... Me and others have made threads but get no responses at all. If norcal really wants to make this a memorable time for the interstate and international visitors they should start figuring this stuff out since flights to cali at that time are so popular and so expensive, theres a lot of demand and people need to sort out itineraries now before the entire trip becomes unaffordable; I booked mine earlier this week and theyve already shot up 100 dollars in just 3 days and will go higher in the coming weeks :/

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Figure out what?

If no one responded to your housing requests, its cuz they dont want to/cant house you.

How do you "figure" out a solution to that?

Browny

Smash Hater
As in, figure out if they can house or not. Getting absolutely no response at all doesnt help anyone since if the answer was no and it is clear that housing is not an option, i can book hotels now and save myself a considerable amount of money by booking early and potentially share it with other visitors.

If they dont even think about it until june and then say yes or no, it can be too late to change our itinerarys and we have to pay considerably increased accommodation fees because of the short notice. There needs to be a list or something of people who CAN provide housing so as to get an idea of what is even possible. As of now I have no idea if people cant house me or the other international visitors, they dont want to, or havent even thought about it yet.

Every week of not knowing options costs us money. I know it sounds kind of demanding but it would really help to know if its even possible :/

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
So you're posing the question of "Can you house me?" to an entire region, and you want a collective response from that region?

If I say no to your question, im speaking for MYSELF and no one else. How is that different than me just not responding to your question. If I made a thread saying "Does anyone wanna play this weekend?" and no one responded, I would assume (logically might I add) that no one wants to.

If no one in this thread or any other areas where you have asked has said yes, then that means the people from Norcal reading this thread dont want to/cant house you. Now its up to YOU to take the initiative and talk to people in Norcal (or people who know people) and ask around for housing. I shouldnt have to answer no to such a general question for you to understand I cant house you.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ohhh this is getting so close...I'ma buy my ticket soon taking like 4 days off..lol I'ma be around until like tuesday I think.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
twin ive actually been hitting the workout, going swimming regularly and doing some other exercises that trains a lot of muscles so might see some results before this tournament :p I'll prob still get utterly ***** in some arm wrestle or sparring tho (I think im actually too scared to spar, no lie xD)

Browny

Smash Hater
Meh it hardly matters anymore, Its quite clear this situation isnt going to change anytime soon since people arent worrying about this yet, Ill put off organising hotels etc for as long as I can afford it (For the record, I made posts/threads about it here, pac west social, aib blog and tournament discussion). For anyone who might be able to or knows someone who has housed visitors before and could possibly do so again for genesis, PLEASE let it be known. Judging by this thread, no one can offer housing to anyone. I find it quite hard to believe that no one is able to house people and I expect many more will come up and say they can house people as genesis nears, I just hope that anyone who thinks they can, lets us international and interstate visitors know about it as early as possible :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom