• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if there is an amateur bracket, the prize should just be like...the top 2 get into normal bracket, and the money raised goes into the pot. or if theres multiple rounds, then top 2 make it into next round of amateurs. u get the point

not winner of the scrub tourney takes a bunch of money while the pros who make it to bracket get $0 like pound lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh yeah I forgot about crews lol... any mention of it? Id really like to play in one :p Obviously Id have to join another crew (international visitors?) since Ill be the only aussie there :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm getting close to the flight reservation phase. Shall be flying into SFO. What's the schedule going to be like, because I think I'd only want to do Singles only this time so if that's weekend only, then i'd be flying in on Saturday.

Even so, I don't think I'll be taking Smash as seriously as I used to, I just want to see everyone again.

Browny

Smash Hater
omg cao but you gotta do brawl, Aus 2-man crew ftw :)

Local Transportation:

In the Bay Area we have an awesome public transportation system. If you are flying into San Francisco or Oakland you have an option of taking a BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) train directly from the airport, straight to Antioch. The BART station in Pittsburg (neighboring city to Anitoch) will have shuttle service from the station to the hotel. We also have set up specific taxi's to service only smashers, at a discounted price.
This NEEDS elaboration. germ sidefx hi, do you have details on the time period this shuttle service and taxis operate on? For example, I plan on getting to SF earlier than most (wednesday looks likely) but have no idea if this shuttle service/discounted taxis even exists that far prior to the weekend.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
So I made my reservation for the Ramada Inn the other day, but on their sight I saw some extremely mixed reviews. Some were saying that it was great, and others said that it was a dump. Does anyone have any first person accounts to help me decide if I should change reservations? I heard that the Days Inn nearby is pretty good, in case I need to switch. Thanks guys ^^

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah some reviews slam it hard

But EVERYONE is going to be there and the prices are much cheaper, considering hardly anyone here is doing this for an expensive, relaxing holiday etc, theres not much point in staying anywhere else. All it will be used for is a power socket for the wii and a bed, really :p

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Yea, tbh the amount of people staying there is reason enough for me to keep my reservation; too much fun to be had when the tournament isn't going on.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how to get internet access during our (2 week) roadtrip, assuming we have a computer?
We'll be pretty far from any big cities a lot of the time, so good signal coverage is more important than speed.
Repost, didn't get any answers.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
So I made my reservation for the Ramada Inn the other day, but on their sight I saw some extremely mixed reviews. Some were saying that it was great, and others said that it was a dump. Does anyone have any first person accounts to help me decide if I should change reservations? I heard that the Days Inn nearby is pretty good, in case I need to switch. Thanks guys ^^
never stayed at this ramada, but any hotel is going to have bad reviews b/c voluntary reporting naturally pulls people from the extremes. i have stayed in some incredible hotels (by reputation) that were trashed by some review or another. as others have said, a big thing here is that the hotel seems to be a significant part of the experience, which differs from a typical vacation where it's not necessarily a place where you expect anything to happen

Shroomed

Smash Master
Honestly, genesis will be ruined if you're not at the Ramada. Why do you guys care so much about reviews? If you have a bed/place to smash/free breakfast I can't see any problem. You guys have some pretty high standards in other places it seems.

Browny, BART runs from like 5a.m. until about 12:30a.m. The shuttle/discounted taxi from the BART station to the hotel might not be in effect though. Depending on how early you're flying in.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Honestly, genesis will be ruined if you're not at the Ramada. Why do you guys care so much about reviews? If you have a bed/place to smash/free breakfast I can't see any problem. You guys have some pretty high standards in other places it seems.
This. The Ramada is part of the Genesis experience. And to be honest, safe for the awful breakfast, I thought the hotel was fine considering the price and the liberty they gave us.

tw1n

Smash Champion
If anyone skips going to the Ramada, I pity them. Seriously.
Best hotel I have ever been too due to all the smash and freedom.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It was more than just a hotel. Room parties, booze, cops and smash kids jumping on cars.

Yeah I'd want to see it all again. LOL

+1 rep

tw1n

Smash Champion
This is all true.
Not to mention random boxing matches and hookers walking around trying to pick up minors.

tw1n

Smash Champion
It's true. There were some hookers walking around. The cops were also quick to get them out of there tho lol.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
To my peoples, if you wit' me, where you at
Throw your dubs in the air
Wave 'em like you just don't care
From L.A. to the Bay, what you say
All day, every day, any damn day
Take a look around, we got the whole world locked down
Goin' on and on, it don't stop, won't stop
Can't stop, you could ride or die
Got to give it up for the Westside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75uoU2YW8WU

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
For ANYONE who plans on going sight-seeing in and around San Francisco during the days before and after genesis 2, PLEASE let me know
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299631
we can save a lot of time, effort and money by doing things in groups and the sooner things can be booked, the better it is.
Sound intresting. I'll be sure to check your tour thread out.

BlackHail

Smash Rookie
Considering staying at hotel... but then again my friends and I live 30 minutes away from the place.... Eh idk we could spend the money. I mean it's not like we're always gonna have a chance to do this with high school and college and stuffz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom