• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What kind of measures will you have ensured that ALL of my stuff will be safe there? I plan on bringing my Wii set-up for the hotel, but didn't plan on bringing it to the venue. The last time I was promised that all of my stuff would be safe was at WHOBO 3 and Xyro promised that my stuff would be fine. Next thing I know, my Wii Remote gets stolen and he has no real answer for me and didn't do anything to repay me for my lost stuff. No offense, Xyro, it was a fun tournament still, but that was kinda lame no matter how you look at it when you gave me your word.

I even labelled my Wii (that one was fine, nothing stolen there), and kept my Wii Remote behind it and near the back of the TV as well with my classic controller attached. If you guys can give me your word that my stuff would be guaranteed safe, wiimote and all, then I'll see about taking my set-up to the venue to help out with the numbers.

That, and people popping out my SD card for the sake of being little *****es about textures. All I have are stage textures and music alterations now. I don't want my card getting taken out unless I'm ASKED about it. Taking it out is fine if you guys have issues with it, but tell me first so that when it gets popped out I can just take it WITH me. I don't wanna risk THAT getting stolen either.
I'd suggest not bringing the SD card then :/, or taking the texture hacks off. It'd be a bit of a ***** to hunt you down when you're supposed to be doing a tournament match while being rushed to do it.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
If Unity ruleset is being used at this, I don't think textures are allowed anyways.

Unless they removed that from the initial Unity Ruleset.
*shrugs*

One week away hype!

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Tigress looks like someone stepped on a tiger's face. :troll:

P.S.

Apparently, you must have more material in post for your signature to show up, in order to see it. Kinda dumb in my opinion. Who changed that rule? I might file a complaint.

Quote for Signature.
Extra Space for Signature.

Go :pichu:!

Dart!

Smash Master
Tigress looks like someone stepped on a tiger's face. :troll:

PS, does anyone know why the signature doesn't show up all the time? The checkmark is on yes. I think if I put a random quote in it, it will show up

Silly, it works with quotes.
the trick is your post has to equal or be greater than the text content inside the sig. mods, am i right or wrong on this one?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Antioch people: How good is Little Tokyo? I'd rather have Cali sushi instead of pizza/Denny's when I'm coming from landlocked desert AZ.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'd suggest not bringing the SD card then :/, or taking the texture hacks off. It'd be a bit of a ***** to hunt you down when you're supposed to be doing a tournament match while being rushed to do it.
Probably a good idea now that you mention it.

--

Alright! That's great to hear, guys. And ultimately, I think I'm going to leave my Wii Remote in my backpack anyway, and if anyone needs to turn on the Wii or something if they turn it off for whatever reason, there's that. Anyway, you guys got yourselves a set-up. Hotel will have SD/textures/replays or whatever then!

Thanks, DBR, for clearing this stuff up. Honest answer and sounds like legit security stuff. I'll bring it.

sidefx

Smash Champion
not really. I mean no ones really stepped up to be captain, and i was also actually thinking of switching international crews to a 5v5 or how ever many people they have representing.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
There are 13 internationals for Brawl on the player list. 8 Canadians, Djujdo (Brazil), Rain and Earth (Japan), Browny (Australia) and myself. We have enough for an international crew.

sidefx

Smash Champion
and right now i have 0 people on the international crew list.

because 0 people have stepped up to the plate to organize it =) (probably happen at the tournament either way)

tekkie

Smash Master
i kind of have every intention of switching SD cards for my own when i play because i've learned from experience that people are 100% untrustworthy with things like taking 5 minutes to send 35kb .bin files over the internet

CaptainTalon448

Smash Rookie
Man it's a shame I can't be in the competition. I live quite literally 12 minutes away from this venue, one question do you guys do this every year because personally I love eSport type gaming.

sidefx

Smash Champion
we dont do it every year =\ it was supposed to be a one time thing (2 years ago) and we decided to do it again, probably wont have another one =\

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Man it's a shame I can't be in the competition. I live quite literally 12 minutes away from this venue, one question do you guys do this every year because personally I love eSport type gaming.
You can still sign up the day before or just come and watch anyway. Unless you can't go because of some other means.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
mad people sleeping on virtual void. he'll be the highest placing IC player for sure.
Shh, you'll ruin the element of surprise :p

There are 13 internationals for Brawl on the player list. 8 Canadians, Djujdo (Brazil), Rain and Earth (Japan), Browny (Australia) and myself. We have enough for an international crew.
I'm also an international player.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Hell no Wobbles is taking top 3 for certain, and I'll be damned if I have to see an IC emoticon next to two names in the top 3.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's Brawl, it's the only game where you can't win other than picking MK. But of course most people's views is only "doing well" at tournaments. Oh well too bad. =)

And if there's any ICs that face me in tournament, they will get destroyed. So hope they don't face me or Top 3 for them won't happen.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Just to double check, you can still enter the tourney as long as you make the registration on thursday or are you screwed if you missed pre-reg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom