• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dayum - A Brawl Combo Video by BluB

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I'm well known for having a good eye in player decisions. Even from just combo videos, I can tell when someone knows what they're doing. You didn't rely on gimmicks, you used reading ability. Even if your opponents didn't always pick optimal decisions, I could see you read them fairly well, and did not use a lot of overly risky options while showing good technical mastery.

Your region does not have a lot of recognition. Having a player from Germany come would build massive hype for the tournament, especially one of the best, who plays a good character. Also, you have achieved a small degree of recognition for producing such a video, whereas a match of you would not do the same. I would sooner reach out to the victors of tournaments, but as you live in Germany, this is far easier said than done, and as you said, there are few tournaments.

Overall, of course you do not have to come. I was merely asking to see if you were interested. I know that the TO in charge of the event wants Europeans to come, and that it might be possible for me to get you a sponsorship.
I really appreciate that but I don't think I will come.
If this tournament will be held once a year as it says in the Apex thread I might think of coming next year when I'm 18.

@Xonar: That was back then. I don't play aggressive at all now when I'm facing someone who's good.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'm well known for having a good eye in player decisions. Even from just combo videos, I can tell when someone knows what they're doing.

The one who said he would easily beat Kaos and that he wasn't good is obviusly beast at this xD

LOL at sponsoring BluB before than Dutchies/French/Spanish players, not trying to bash blub or anything but sponsoring someone because he has a good combo video is stupid, and if someone from europe should be sponsored, those would be the top european players

Lionman

Smash Champion
The one who said he would easily beat Kaos and that he wasn't good is obviusly beast at this xD

LOL at sponsoring BluB before than Dutchies/French/Spanish players, not trying to bash blub or anything but sponsoring someone because he has a good combo video is stupid, and if someone from europe should be sponsored, those would be the top european players
What? Blub got spons for a combo video?

(Lion starts to make a new combo vid)

cenel

Smash Apprentice
LMAO of all things I never expected this from you Pierce. Judging from one combo vid how stupid can you get? Did you eat to many BIG MACS at the MCDONALDS? I think it's better to listen to the european players that know MORE about the scene then you do. One of the following players should get sponsored if any European's would be sponsored at all: Kaos, Leon, Istudying, Mr.R, Gluttony.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Amazing vid! lol I especially loved that BDACUS clip, and the music was neat. I think I've heard that first song somewhere, but I forget. =D

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Amazing vid! lol I especially loved that BDACUS clip, and the music was neat. I think I've heard that first song somewhere, but I forget. =D
YES that would be my 1st combo video ( which is deleted now lol )

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
To be fair about Pierce, this really is a top 3 combo video. Just pure ****. Shows smart play and a potentially amazing player.

@Butthurt Europeans: instead of attacking Pierce, send him some videos of players you think deserve it more.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lol @ the Europeans. It's pretty funny that they would assume ONLY Blub would get sponsored if my efforts were fruitful. Especially considering I already said this in the thread,

I know that the TO in charge of the event wants Europeans to come
Since I'm talking to Blub and complimenting him on his video, which I personally enjoyed, I did not really find it relevant to mention that I'm working hard to get sponsorship for SEVERAL European players, and not just him, ESPECIALLY Mr-R and Kaos.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Pierce, your intentions are praiseworthy, but what other europeans are trying to say is that Blub is far from being a top european player and it would be unfair for those who struggled to get excellent placings at major tournaments not to be sponsored. Not by any means do we intent to bash Blub though, but some people just deserve it more.

If you want names, I can give you the top. It would be awesome if some of us could travel thanks to some kind of sponsorship.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
lol @ the Europeans. It's pretty funny that they would assume ONLY Blub would get sponsored if my efforts were fruitful. Especially considering I already said this in the thread,

Since I'm talking to Blub and complimenting him on his video, which I personally enjoyed, I did not really find it relevant to mention that I'm working hard to get sponsorship for SEVERAL European players, and not just him, ESPECIALLY Mr-R and Kaos.

Sorry for misunderstanding, I though that as nor Kaos or Ramin were aware of this at the moment you said it D:

I hope things like these get our top players to apex, I don't think I get sponsored since I still need some more big wins but this can help people like Leon that couldn't pay the trip if it's done :p

crifer

Smash Lord
Leon totally deserves it indeed, as he's 2nd in Europe now imo.
I see your reason to put him on 2nd place,
but you have to agree that it´s pretty difficult to say who ranks high and who not, because europe had not enough big tourneys to say that for sure.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
actually we DID have some big tourneys its just most of the people (ignoring france, spain and holland )
are too lazy ( or dont have money ) to travel around more.
im pretty sure zest is gonna contain only france and holland.

right now imo europe top 5 would be
kaos 1st obv

2/3/4/5 is between me leon glutonny and istudying
anyway this is totally offtopic so ill shut up now LOL

MRGAY

Smash Cadet
I don't often talk to myself when I'm alone, but at 3:30 I was like: OMG ARE YOU SRS?! Awesome video

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Wait......Brawl having actual combos? BULL****!!!!! >_<

Also, dat aint falco(yes, i know, old and overused phrase but its ****ing falco)

oh lol@pierce

Flower For Od

Smash Cadet
Shut up all ! Can u stop talking on the Bulb-Sama's Topic like that ! Ho !!!

Anyway , It's just awesome bulb , and epic . I love it . I will enjoy if you'll make an other combo video :] !!

I will defeat u if u play one days online , with my friend the lag :D !

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Thx for all your comments :).
@Flower: My name's not "bulb" >_>.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
yeah
it was honestly the kind of video that we should use as an example of what a combo video should look like. Great Falco, and i loved the tipps with marth :(

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
BluB, I'm going to try to get you sponsored to come to Apex 2010 in the USA this summer. Interested? Are you the best player in Germany? Do you win the tourneys there?
Dude, this is a combo vid, not a vid of gameplay. These combos are absolutely amazing, but am I the only sensible person here to question whether these combos are realistic? How can you judge someones skill with a montage of epicness that has all the fail edited out? How could you know he wasn't playing noobs, or that the combos were staged? He said himself that he's only been to ONE tourney.

I don't mean to put you down Blub. This is easily the best combo vid I've seen. I honestly think 3:30 is the best combo in Brawl's history thus far. Also, for the record, I don't think your combos are staged. I also think your a good player. I'm just trying to make point here.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
''How could you know he wasn't playing noobs''

In my book, people who can't see that are usually noobs themselves!

Top Bottom