• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Day, Night, and Dusk - Lycanroc for Smash Bros. Ultimate

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Before E3, Incineroar definitely would've been the "Robin" of Ultimate. No one gave serious thought to the possibility of Incineroar getting in over Decidueye, and many didn't think he stood a chance. Lycanroc was also a "Robin", but to a lesser extent since it had a decent following.

But now? Things have completely reversed. Incineroar is easily the current "Chrom" of Ultimate. People who have shown little to no interest in Incineroar prior to Verge are now coming out of the woodworks. He's suddenly become one of the most likely newcomers, all because a very credible source said he'd get in (sound familiar to anything in Smash 4?). Decidueye is now in Incineroar's former position, and most people have completely abandoned him. And Lycanroc...honestly hasn't changed much. His odds might seem worse than before, but overall, he's still a "Robin" who no one would expect.

Ironically, you got heated because someone accused you of being heated.

Look, I don't know went on between you two, nor do I really want to know. Regardless, everyone needs to remember that at the end of the day, none of this really matters. There's no good reason for anyone to get so aggressive or defensive over something as silly as a fictional character, especially when it's Pokemon of all things.

Feel free to skip over this if you want; won't hurt my feelings. I'm not trying to lecture anyone in this thread or Incineroar's thread, but I really don't want to see more petty and spiteful arguements on Incineroar vs Lycanroc.
Yeah, I think this was the tipping point, let’s be free of spite going forward from here. Anyways:

HAPPY 1000 POSTS EVERYONE!!!

Delzethin Delzethin I hope you’re happy that we embark on a milestone. It may seem small to others, but to you it may mean a lot more.

I’m really sorry that the 1,000th milestone was made around my ****ty arguements. In the end it didn’t make me or this time look good.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
So, while Incineroar is my first pick for Gen 7, Lycanroc-Day is my third favorite Alolan Pokemon. I think he’d be cool, plus we’d have another good doggo in Smash! :)

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
Ayy 1000 posts that's a pretty nice milestone. I'm sorry for my recent inactivity, as I've been applying for jobs and just had my first interview today. I'm also going to say not expect many if any posts from me over the next few days because I'm a bit depressed from having to remove all of my writing due to the same spammers I've been dealing with for over a year now. Wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in this thread just to set a bad name for me on another platform, if it does happen just get staff to ban the accounts or something. Honestly I'm just done with it. I'll be checking back everyday, I just likely won't post. See you all in a few days.

Mayoman

Smash Rookie
So guys, how likely do you think a Gematsu situation is where Vergeben acquires old information?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So guys, how likely do you think a Gematsu situation is where Vergeben acquires old information?
Vergeben has been wrong in the past about stuff. Him being wrong here would not surprise me. Even when he supposedly has a good source, he gets stuff like Raditz and Zarbon wrong. Honestly I would put more stock on the pokemon being wrong due to how he danced around it and seemed to go with Incineroar after it seemed popular in the community. He gave himself s back door by saying they it only was for sure not Decidueye. I would say 50/50.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He didn't know about Richter, Chrom, or Dark Samus, and clones are added later in development. It's very likely.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
One thousand posts. It may just be a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things, but it's a milestone nonetheless. We've made some kind of impact--now we need to keep making more of one. Let our little campaign become something that makes the time invested all feel worth it no matter what happens, something that lets us walk with our heads held high instead of being forgotten and ignored.

So, while Incineroar is my first pick for Gen 7, Lycanroc-Day is my third favorite Alolan Pokemon. I think he’d be cool, plus we’d have another good doggo in Smash! :)
Welcome. It's nice to see people reaching across the aisle, so to speak. That wasn't so common back during the Gematsu leaks' reign four years ago.

Who's your second favorite from Gen 7, if I may ask?

I feel like the odds of him relying on older intel is very plausible. Historically, that is where his claims come from, and it's why he's ended up getting details wrong in the past. And the present, considering the Castlevania "compilation" he talked about turned out to just be two games and is very much not a Switch exclusive nor on the system at all.

But does that mean such a thing could let us defy fate?

...I don't know.

The complicated thing here is that clearly he is not the only one to have heard these rumors, and if he's to be believed at face value, "multiple" sources are backing him up. We'd need something to happen that'd make all of these insiders mistaken...and that is not an easy feat. It'd be nigh-unprecedented.

And yet...not impossible. In fact, something close has happened once before:

Besides, it's not in my nature to bend the knee so easily. Even if it comes down to DLC and beating the clock before Gen 8 comes, even if we have to rely on a long shot, then damn it, we will prove that we have something worth acknowledging.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Welcome. It's nice to see people reaching across the aisle, so to speak. That wasn't so common back during the Gematsu leaks' reign four years ago.

Who's your second favorite from Gen 7, if I may ask?
I wasn’t there during Gematsu. I had the bliss of not experiencing that drama, so every reveal was a surprise to me.

My second favorite is Mimikyu haha. I’ve never cared too much for Pikachu, but seeing another Pokemon try to imitate its popularity made it an instant fave for me for some reason. He’s a cute little guy and I want him to feel loved.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The lack of echoes makes me really think the initial wave of information was based around information from early in the project (before they settled who would be an echo fighter). However, Ken kinda poses an awkward change in information, which are can mean 1 of 3 things:
1. Ken is not actually an echo fighter, he's a unique character
2. He's simply making Ken and Incineroar up
3. He got a new update from a source who has details beyond the early project.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We don't know when the concept of "echo fighters" was decided on, but Ken had to be one of the more obvious choices. If Sakurai decided that Ken was too different to be an echo, and decided to make the second Street Fighter not an echo, Ken also has a chance of being Chrom'd thanks to Akuma being the more popular Ryu clone and Chun-Li being the bigger SF icon.

Or he could be Chorus Kids'd, because both would be cut because of the limitations of something: 3DS hardware for the Kids, echo restrictions for Ken.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Also notable that Daisy, Dark Samus and Chrom all were palette swaps for another character in Smash 4. Aside from maybe Diddy's "Dixie alt" and Lucina's and Shulk's slew of party members I don't think there are any other alts that clearly reference another character that could be "upgradable" to clone.

But, there's no Ken alt iirc so Ken would be a different kind of Echo, especially since he wasn't in Smash 4 in a big capacity

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So here's another topic that might be indirectly related to Lycanroc's chances. Based on the way the anime has presented itself so far, who do you think will pan out to be Ash's biggest rival in the league?

(1) Gladion
(2) Hau
(3) Masked Royal

Personally, I'm going back and forth between Gladion and Masked Royal. I'm pretty confident that Gladion will participate and be the main rival, but Masked Royal would make sense too, especially since Kukui was technically the Champion in the games. I suppose Hau could end up being the big rival, but that feels a little rushed. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time someone randomly popped up right before the league and became a major threat.

The lack of echoes makes me really think the initial wave of information was based around information from early in the project (before they settled who would be an echo fighter). However, Ken kinda poses an awkward change in information, which are can mean 1 of 3 things:
1. Ken is not actually an echo fighter, he's a unique character
2. He's simply making Ken and Incineroar up
3. He got a new update from a source who has details beyond the early project.
Even though I don't think the box theory is suggesting only two more characters, I do think it helps the theory that Ken is an Echo. Out of those seven characters before Corrin, someone's getting and Echo, and I doubt we're getting Medusa or Ms. Pac-Man.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Out of those seven characters before Corrin, someone's getting and Echo, and I doubt we're getting Medusa or Ms. Pac-Man.
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but what's this about 7 characters before Corrin? I haven't been keeping up with box theory (Largely because I think its silly to base speculation on a heavily photoshopped piece of placeholder art). I was under the implication that box theory means we get 2 more characters.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So here's another topic that might be indirectly related to Lycanroc's chances. Based on the way the anime has presented itself so far, who do you think will pan out to be Ash's biggest rival in the league?

(1) Gladion
(2) Hau
(3) Masked Royal

Personally, I'm going back and forth between Gladion and Masked Royal. I'm pretty confident that Gladion will participate and be the main rival, but Masked Royal would make sense too, especially since Kukui was technically the Champion in the games. I suppose Hau could end up being the big rival, but that feels a little rushed. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time someone randomly popped up right before the league and became a major threat.
I'd bet on Gladion. He's had the most presence so far, gone through the most development of the three (especially since Hau is just now doing things), and keeps showing up whenever plot-important stuff happens.

Up to and including a part during the end of the Necrozma arc where Ash and Gladion were straight up given sun and moon motifs, complete with them channeling their respective Z-Rings through Solgaleo and Lunala to restore Necrozma's light.

People outside the fandom may be convinced Ash's rival must be the Masked Royal, but the evidence points pretty strongly toward Gladion.

Heh, look at him, he think he's Owain.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but what's this about 7 characters before Corrin? I haven't been keeping up with box theory (Largely because I think its silly to base speculation on a heavily photoshopped piece of placeholder art). I was under the implication that box theory means we get 2 more characters.
Basically, the arrangement of the characters on the side we see on the box, the characters we don't see, and the apparent pattern used in the mockup has those who believe the theory convinced that only one echo fighter is left for the base roster, and that it must be an echo of Pac-Man, Palutena, Robin, Shulk, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, Ryu, Cloud, or Corrin.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The box orders the characters by their number. It splits characters into groups of 9 (I said 7 by mistake) before continuing on the opposite side of the box.

Basically, there's a weird gap. After the Miis finish up another set of 9 on on the right side, the pattern should continue on the left side with 9 more characters. Those should be:

:ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin:

However, Corrin is on the right side, meaning there are only 8 characters on the left side instead of 9. This suggests that there's an unknown character along with the other 8. It couldn't be a unique character because the box orders the characters by number, so the only logical explanation is that there's an Echo sandwiched in with one of those 8 characters.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So, it seems like we're not getting any newcomer reveal this week. Everyone's on edge, wondering who could be next and who could be left.

You know, I don't think I've asked this before: Who did everyone here support for past Smash games? Were you actively involved in speculation? Any memorable experiences with it, either good or bad?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
So, it seems like we're not getting any newcomer reveal this week. Everyone's on edge, wondering who could be next and who could be left.

You know, I don't think I've asked this before: Who did everyone here support for past Smash games? Were you actively involved in speculation? Any memorable experiences with it, either good or bad?
I got into Smash speculation around 2010/2011 thanks to the roster critiques by ????????????? ????????????? . As such, I've only been around the speculation scene for this game and Smash 4, but here's who I supported:
-Mega Man
-Little Mac
-Mewtwo
-Ridley
-K. Rool
-A character from Fire Emblem Awakening (be it Chrom, Robin, or Lucina, I generally liked them all)

As you can see, I kinda lucked out during this speculation period. Everyone who was not in the base game either ended being DLC or is coming to Smash Ultimate. I remember freaking out when seeing Mega Man's trailer, after coming from school. I also remember biking around with my buddy after the Smash 4 Direct, ranting about how Greninja stole Mewtwo's spot (thankfully I later realized that's not the way things work). I also remember the crushing realization of losing Ridley, but also the overwhelming hype that came from the announcement Smash 4 will be supported after launch and that Mewtwo would be the first character.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not directly related to Lycanroc, but the blog revealed that Ash-Greninja is included in Greninja's FS. If you needed any more proof that the anime has a huge influence on Smash, there ya go.

Most of the characters I've supported over the years are already in Smash.

Brawl: :ultwario::ultdiddy::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas: (Brawl was good to me)
Smash 4: :ultrosalina::ultvillager:
Ultimate::ultkrool::ultridley::ultisabelle::ultinkling:

As far as the characters I've supported who weren't so lucky...

Brawl: Midna, Krystal, Paper Mario
Smash 4: Dixie, Bandana Dee, Zoroark
Ultimate: Just check my signature.

Some of these I've completely given up on, while others still have my support after all these years.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
So, this was a thing that happened today:
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.45.21 AM.png

It seems that it's been leaked that Greninja has a new final smash: Ash-Greninja

While everyone and their dog predicted this happening, it is worth looking at what Ash-Greninja is, a form exclusive to Ash which later migrated over to the games through an event. You know who else fits that criteria?
1532999949848.png

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

I have consistently supported Bomberman, Krystal, Bowser Jr., and Vaati first and foremost. I've also low-key supported Ridley and K. Rool in the past.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, this was a thing that happened today:
View attachment 169484
It seems that it's been leaked that Greninja has a new final smash: Ash-Greninja

While everyone and their dog predicted this happening, it is worth looking at what Ash-Greninja is, a form exclusive to Ash which later migrated over to the games through an event. You know who else fits that criteria?
View attachment 169485
How is it a leak if it's deliberately revealed to the public?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
How is it a leak if it's deliberately revealed to the public?
Perhaps leak is the wrong word. I initially assumed that it was like the Bloody Tears/Monster Dance posting, someone making a social media based on information they thought we had but didn't, but seeing how it hasn't been changed yet, this was probably deliberate.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The character blog posts sometimes have tidbits of information we didn't already know. It's intentional.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

I’ve only really been into supporting characters since 4. The only ones I recall wishing for at the time were Prince Fluff, Professor Layton, and Bomberman, but I also wished for Bandana Dee during smash 4 DLC and was my ballot pick. I wasn’t active in the speculation community at all at the time, much unlike now. So I can’t say I have top many experiencrd with it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Oh, I don't want to remember what I was like in the Pre-Smash 4 era. I was a stupid kid on Miiverse that wouldn't shut up about Marx from Kirby. I loved that site, used it until it's dying day, but if there's one thing I'm glad about it's death, it's the fact that all my stupid posts from then were wiped from existence.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

I remember playing Brawl when I was 10, so it was my first real smash game I owned. I played Melee before at my cousin's house, but the only character I really wanted was Spyro but that would not happen at that point.

Smash 4, I was more involved in speculation. I was a diehard Robin supporter, he was my most wanted newcomer. I also wanted no cuts, I wanted everyone back. As such, I was one of those people hoping for Roy and a Mewtwo loyalist. Ridley and K Rool were among the bigger characters I more actively supported. In terms of who got in, I wanted Greninja but thought it was Mewtwo or bust, Little Mac I passively supported because I thought he deserved it but was not super hyped with him, and Shulk was a character I really wanted and met my expectations. I had a bit of a smaller wishlist in Smash 4.

DLC for Smash 4, I was on the K Rool gravytrain. I wanted K Rool, Isaac, and more cut veterans for DLC.

The worst memory of Smash Speculation for me was the Post E32014-Robin Reveal era. I hated everyone and their mother swearing by Gematsu. I hated how it was killing speculation. It sucked seeing people go "Ok Gematsu and two more" in terms of newcomers. Everyone was going we were getting Chrom, Shulk, Chours Kids, and then you filled in the last two or three spots. Speculation sucked then since everything was so... samey. It was terrible seeing prediction rosters look identical.

Anyone comparing right now to Gematsu is overstating it, but not by much. Right now is not a great time. I am not on the Vergeben train. I find his behavior honestly poor. I wish that he was more composed. His 'tism post alone made me lose any respect for him. The Smash community can be rough (SmashFaqs is honestly so bad I prefer reading smash speculation on 4Chan), but there is no excuse. He has a solid track record right now, but his leaks often have holes and he basically reports anything he hears. His walking on eggshells about the pokemon character and his wafering on the SE character is suspect for me at least. But damn, has it had a bad effect on speculation. While I am glad that everyone is not jumping on Box Theory (lowkey if you hop on Box Theory you are so wrong, its a placeholder image why would they risk something like that leaking characters) speculation has become somewhat samey again. Ken and Incineroar are on a lot of peoples prediction lists, and there is often a SE character, only question is who. Steve pops up because of Vergeben. Other than that, all you see being tossed around on rosters now are Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, Elma, a RH character, and maybe you see someone go for a retro. With echos, people are mixed and it is more varied but I still think it gets a little samey.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
SmashFaqs is honestly so bad I prefer reading smash speculation on 4Chan)
Honestly, this may come as a controversial statement, but I'd argue that Smash Speculation on /v/ is currently better than a large chunk of Smashboards.

Don't get me wrong, Smash threads on /v/ are overly aggressive and hostile for really no good reason, but that same aggression brings a strange sense of creativity due to the current circumstances. /v/ is one of the few places to not have drank the Vergeben kool-aid, and that has created a level of freedom not present in many other places. You don't have to play by the "Incineroar-Ken-Squ-enix" rules of speculation. Compare to many people's take on things here, where those 3 characters are all we're getting, with maybe another echo (which is usually agreed to be Shadow) if we're lucky. It's why I stopped frequenting the main Smash Ultimate speculation thread, people were constantly complaining that we were discussing the same things over and over again but would then shout-down any new, non-Vergeben idea without a hint of irony.

Hell, Louie was able to actually get some traction and discussion on /v/ simply because someone made a cool moveset for him. I couldn't see that kind of thing happening unless it was from a credible leak.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly, this may come as a controversial statement, but I'd argue that Smash Speculation on /v/ is currently better than a large chunk of Smashboards.

Don't get me wrong, Smash threads on /v/ are overly aggressive and hostile for really no good reason, but that same aggression brings a strange sense of creativity due to the current circumstances. /v/ is one of the few places to not have drank the Vergeben kool-aid, and that has created a level of freedom not present in many other places. You don't have to play by the "Incineroar-Ken-Squ-enix" rules of speculation. Compare to many people's take on things here, where those 3 characters are all we're getting, with maybe another echo (which is usually agreed to be Shadow) if we're lucky. It's why I stopped frequenting the main Smash Ultimate speculation thread, people were constantly complaining that we were discussing the same things over and over again but would then shout-down any new, non-Vergeben idea without a hint of irony.

Hell, Louie was able to actually get some traction and discussion on /v/ simply because someone made a cool moveset for him. I couldn't see that kind of thing happening unless it was from a credible leak.
/v/ is fun to browse for smash speculation, but honestly I would just say it is a less restrained version of here. You see people bash Shantae, Bandana Dee, and the like. You see /vergebros/. You see people hyping up Isaac and Geno. The only main differences are that we tend to not be as blunt in our disagreements, and we tend to have more people believing each theory that gains traction.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I'd bet on Gladion. He's had the most presence so far, gone through the most development of the three (especially since Hau is just now doing things), and keeps showing up whenever plot-important stuff happens.

Up to and including a part during the end of the Necrozma arc where Ash and Gladion were straight up given sun and moon motifs, complete with them channeling their respective Z-Rings through Solgaleo and Lunala to restore Necrozma's light.

People outside the fandom may be convinced Ash's rival must be the Masked Royal, but the evidence points pretty strongly toward Gladion.

Heh, look at him, he think he's Owain.
Well the intro seems to point this as well.

996A34AA-9286-4E6E-85C1-74A006ABB734.jpeg

354CC30D-00D8-4323-999A-9BE9E3B2858B.jpeg

Gladion shown here seems to indicate that he is going to be one of Ash’s main rivals, or possibly his main one seeing how he is the first one shown.

Ash does seem to have one with the Masked Royal, and Hau as well, but I think Gladion is already shaped up to be Ash’s main foe seeing how much Gladion interacted with Ash during the anime, not to mention that Gladion was one of the important characters in the games’ plot. Who knows, may end up beating Ash at the Alola League... since Ash probably isn’t going to win anything if what the director said was any indication. :urg:

As for Lycanroc, well...

9CA2C3AF-6827-4741-B4B1-719C5A154F72.gif

Midnight vs Dusk episodes anyone?

If there was anything that I got peeved by the series, it was that this didn’t happen yet. One of the main reasons why Rockruff wanted to evolve was because he wanted to be as strong as Midnight, it’s about time he finally gets the chance to test his strength against his admirer.

Who did everyone here support for past Smash games?
Well we did get something somewhat new. But that might go into leak territory, so look at you’re own risk.
”Apparently something odd has been going with Xenoblade” Not only is Xenoblade the only franchise to not get anything on the blog yet, but a discord group uncovered that the woman that does the vocals for Xenoblade X music and Sawano did a sessions for a “secret” project.

I’m not sure if this is the same session as the one Sawano publicly talked about on his twitter, but if both him and the X vocal performer were present, it increases the chance of us getting X content for Smash Ultimate. And for anyone who wants to take it further, Elma becomes much more likely.

I wasn’t around for Smash 4 speculation that much, since I wasn’t even 13 by that time, but I did went to check here sometimes and constantly came in touch with GameXplain for Smash 4 news. But there was one character I actively supported, and that was :ultpalutena:. I remember being so happy when was she was announced to be in the game, and she’s one of the characters I used a lot.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, you know me. ;)

I ended up being pretty active during Smash 4 speculation. I passively supported a lot of the big names, but my greatest wish was to see Robin in Smash. Being a Robin supporter at the time was wild, especially with the overbearing presence of the Gematsu leak, but when I look back, I more clearly remember the camaraderie and fun times I shared with the other Robin supporters than anything else.

I hope you guys have had some fun times, as well.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
List of characters I have supported in the past:
Brawl
-Sceptile (I ****ing loved his design from the first time I saw it)
-Dixie Kong (The funny part is, we almost got her there, and to this day she is still shafted from smash)
-K. Rool (Everyone and their dog wanted more DK reps, you think I'd be any different?)
-Scizor (Same as Sceptile, I can't get over his awesome design, and want to see more)
-Electabuzz (don't judge, I thought it would be cool)
-Treecko
-Grovyle (Any evolution of the Sceptile line would've been fine with, as long as one made it in)
-Crash Bandicoot
-Raichu (would've been a cool clone of pikachu, slower and a heavier hitter)
Smash 4
-Grovyle
-Sceptile
-Scizor
-Dixie Kong
-K. Rool
-Crash
-Hilda
-Return of Pichu and Roy
-Cordelia from fire emblem (would've made our reps more accurate to what the games actually had)
As for involvement in speculation, I got a little involved with smash 4, but not nearly as much as I am now. I've had some bad experiences with speculation, like Wolf not being in 4 for some unknown reason, and literally none of my biggest wants ever getting picked over some bottom-of-the-barrel trash like Corrin and Bayonetta (Sorry, but if Sakurai continues to let Bayo be #1 in every tier list without giving other fighters the slightest of chances of victory, then I continue to label her as trash). Also the first character from fates I saw was Azura, and from what I can tell, she is more liked than Corrin, so why did they pick the latter when such a unique option appeared?

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I've never really given much thought to who I'd like to see in each Smash game, even though I've been there from the beginning. Guess I'm one of the few who ever really was satisfied just to get a new game at all. However, during Brawl's development I remember hearing about Geno making the top 3 votes in Japan, and I saw his name floating around quite a bit on Gamespot back then, so he would probably be the first one I would have loved to have seen since it had never occurred to me to consider a character like him.

During Smash 4, I wasn't really paying attention to much of anything, and I was probably the most disconnected since I had neither a Wii U nor a 3DS (although I would get one eventually in 2015). While there was time for what was left of DLC characters to be announced, I was really hoping that Wolf would return because he was yet another character I didn't know I would want until he actually appeared in Brawl. His moveset was unique apart from Fox and Falco, and he had some interesting variations on the illusion and Up+B attacks. I was disappointed he didn't make the cut, and he pretty much became my #1 most wanted for this new Smash game which as you well know was immediately announced with the E3 direct, which made me especially happy (not to mention that awesome amiibo he'll be getting as well).

So I guess this is really my first time sitting and thinking about what characters would be fun to play as, and considering the possibilities of what could be. So far I'd have to say that Geno, Tails, Lycanroc and Isaac are some characters I'd love to see in this game, but honestly I'm happy to get anyone as I've already mentioned. I've never even played a Golden Sun game but I've heard and seen little of what Isaac can do, so he's kind of an outsider in my mind in terms of familiarity but somehow seeing the amount of support he's gotten has fascinated me much like Geno with his followers (of which I am most definitely familiar with Super Mario RPG, since I played that when it first came out).

So that's pretty much where I stand with all of this - Geno for nostalgia, Tails because it's been 10 years we've had Sonic and I'd love for him to get his buddy along this time (plus I have a friend who really wants him), Lycanroc for the same reasons I shared some pages back, and Isaac just out of fascination despite being unfamiliar with his franchise. Regardless though I'd be happy to see Skull Kid, Shadow, Incineroar and whoever else might make the cut.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So, how many characters do you all think are left? Both unique and echos. I'd say around 5 characters: 3 unique and 2 echoes. The uniques would be: new pokemon, a third party (either rayman, banjo-kazooie or geno), and a nintendo character (either isaac, skull kid or bandana waddle dee). The echoes would just be Ken & Shadow cause they make too much sense.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So, how many characters do you all think are left? Both unique and echos. I'd say around 5 characters: 3 unique and 2 echoes. The uniques would be: new pokemon, a third party (either rayman, banjo-kazooie or geno), and a nintendo character (either isaac, skull kid or bandana waddle dee). The echoes would just be Ken & Shadow cause they make too much sense.
3 uniques (Bandana Dee, Geno, and Incineroar/Lycanroc). 2-5 echoes (Definite Shadow and Ken, probably Dixie, Impa, and Octoling)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Mines a bit of a long shot...

Unique:
1. Elma
2. Lycanroc/Gen 7 Pokemon
3. Rhythm Heaven
4. Isaac
5. Geno

Echoes:
1. Lycanroc (Dusk?)
2. Felix
3. Ken
4. Shadow

It’s basically my range of potential characters that can be in. And a lot of these have merits to get in.

Top Bottom