• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darxmarth23's analysis: MK's effect on Falcons tier placement. Now with social group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the Respect i ve been on this site a couple of time but i warned not to say something stupid

Should took the advice once again i apoligies about bein an *** an sayin im the best which im not

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Thanks for the Respect i ve been on this site a couple of time but i warned not to say something stupid

Should took the advice once again i apoligies about bein an *** an sayin im the best which im not
Its all good. I remember my first posts. I grew my profile on the marth boards. Probably the toughest character board. They dont care if you have only made one post they would flame you till no end. Eventually as "DarX" matured i knew who to pay respect and who to give dirt.

This how i got into the Debate hall. I can flame.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

It's alright, really.

Now, have a good time here on smashboards, and please, help us advance falcon's metagame ^_^

norrispaunch

Smash Rookie
as much as u face foxes?

dude, these days, all i ever face r foxes.srsly. no, really, i have never faced a human opponent that was not fox.

but that's off-topic.

MK needs to be banned.
u all know how much CF kicks *** with a good player.
now imagine what a player of that skill could do with MK. :metaknight: > GOD in this case

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
dude, these days, all i ever face r foxes.srsly. no, really, i have never faced a human opponent that was not fox.

but that's off-topic.

MK needs to be banned.
u all know how much CF kicks *** with a good player.
now imagine what a player of that skill could do with MK. :metaknight: > GOD in this case
no man, I CLEAN MK's with C.Falcon. Like the above poster said you just need to work around him, he's the most Broken smash character to date but that doesn't make him perfect. The match-up is 80:20 that means you still have a chance...........Also get Wi-Fi or find local smashers using regional zones for more human practice

TKD

Smash Lord
I think Falcon is better than Ganondorf. And Link sucks, so...

The point of playing Falcon is how awful he is though. Helping Falcon shouldn't be revolved around trying to move him up in the tier list.

RMMF

Smash Cadet

The point of playing Falcon is how awful he is though. Helping Falcon shouldn't be revolved around trying to move him up in the tier list.
Link is awesome.

Edit: Sorry about this post my internet lagged and made a double post. So just read my bottom one.

RMMF

Smash Cadet

My point of playing Falcon is how awesome he is. Not sure what reasons you have to ever use him, but thats your opinion, and Link is actually very good. Watch Deza. My friend mains Link, and he has a very considerable amount of techs.

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
i think snakes are a worse matchup for falcon than MK...

MKs arent that bad , maybe ive just never played a good one but it doesnt seem IMPOSSIBLE like people project it

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
i think snakes are a worse matchup for falcon than MK...

MKs arent that bad , maybe ive just never played a good one but it doesnt seem IMPOSSIBLE like people project it
Snake actually has lag to punish, even with falcon's kinda slow kill moves ^_^
Meta knight is just crazy, Dsmash can punish almost all falcon's attack and it kills

offcourse, snakes tilts are very dangerous, but if snake misses, you can punish him ^_^
Meta knight is far harder to punish/KO

And I'm not even mentioning MK's aerials/specials

Roager

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm pro-ban. I am fully aware that MK is not perfect, and that he can be beat, but the sheer influence he has over everything else (metagame, tiers, conterpicks, etc.) means he really isn't "just a character"

Keep in mind, it's not only because he's the best character in the game. I mean, if MK is, hypothetically, banned, then Snake will be the best. That doesn't mean he should be banned too.

All I'm saying is that the OP is inherently right. MK has far too much importance to stay in.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm pro-ban. I am fully aware that MK is not perfect, and that he can be beat, but the sheer influence he has over everything else (metagame, tiers, conterpicks, etc.) means he really isn't "just a character"

Keep in mind, it's not only because he's the best character in the game. I mean, if MK is, hypothetically, banned, then Snake will be the best. That doesn't mean he should be banned too.

All I'm saying is that the OP is inherently right. MK has far too much importance to stay in.
Amen to that.

I would say that the spam waves of MK are only going to get bigger. He needs to be stopped.

I am DarXmarth23 and i approve this message.

CptAwesome

Smash Rookie
sometimes we have to be weak to be strong..

lets invade some MK:laugh:
Man Im making a habit of quoting your posts TKONTK :laugh:
this one i like especially.

I frankly dont care for MK nor do I view him as a threat. Besides, the only thing people should worry about on this board is how to make their individual Falcons better.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Play a Metaknight player of equal skill 8 games in a row and you are roughly going to win 2 of them. MK isn't unbeatable but he affects the rest of the game so much... It's ban time!
Your math is flawed. You'd play him 10 times and win roughly 2 of them. However the matchup is more of a stock % rule then a match rule.

Roager

Smash Ace
That is to say, you'd play him 5 times and likely win once. Funny how fractions work.

2/10 = 1/5

Okay, I'm done.

S8on95

Smash Cadet
I'm joining cuz I mainz Falcon and Ike (Ike cuz of big sword). How about you work on MKs game and try to go for the ban like get him a chaingrab. Then I think for sure they will have little doubt not to ban.

RMMF

Smash Cadet
I am pro MK ban, for my reasons are clarified from my previous post. Right now, since SBR hasn't decided to ban him, I believe hosts of tournaments who believe in the ban as well should take the initiative in banning MK from their tournament. Alot of the host are afraid that banning MK from the tournament will effect the turn out, yes it may, but it may benefit the community more. Again, I really don't give a **** about the tier list, buts its common sense when a character is placed at the very top and have their own tier indicates their is some kind of balance issue? lol. My thoughts, if you are with me, cool. If you arent, I don't care(unless its actually worth reading).

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
I am pro MK ban, for my reasons are clarified from my previous post. Right now, since SBR hasn't decided to ban him, I believe hosts of tournaments who believe in the ban as well should take the initiative in banning MK from their tournament. Alot of the host are afraid that banning MK from the tournament will effect the turn out, yes it may, but it may benefit the community more. Again, I really don't give a **** about the tier list, buts its common sense when a character is placed at the very top and have their own tier indicates their is some kind of balance issue? lol. My thoughts, if you are with me, cool. If you arent, I don't care(unless its actually worth reading).
Awsome man i aprove this ****

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
We think alike.

So i should send invites to Smash Directors? Good.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
At the tourneys I've been to, only 2 MK mains have showed. I beat one of them soundly with my snake.

Snake is too good against MK.

Now to make Falcon snake.. > : D

∫unk

Smash Master
>_<

who cares if falcon is 5th from the bottom or the very bottom or whatever

at least you know he's the most used low/bottom tier by good players

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
dood.. falcon sucks agianst snake, soon as your off the edge, all he has to do is side-b then keep the rocket circling around the edge...

since theres no hitbox on falcons up-b ..\

]:

xfacta

Smash Cadet
hi all... i main captain falcon but it is hard to use him in a tourney ( i also use kirby). i took me like 2 straight months of playing nothing but captain falcon to get as good as i am with him. im the best with him of the ppl i know. i hate metaknight as much as the next and i do wish he would be banned. i dont think hes unbeatable with falcon tho. my friend Razor is a very good metaknight and i can at least get him down to one life everytime, i dont beat him much with that matchup but when i do it has to be a perfect game. i just felt like posting that, i dont post much.. i play with and go to frozenjokers tourneys if anyone is familiar with him

Nami-Tsuki

Smash Rookie
Honestly, none of the characters will ever COMPLETELY suck. There's always a last place, no matter how many people are unhappy with it.

I love C. Falcon, and wish he'd rank up and whatever, but that would mean another character I like would be the lowest :c

Really, I agree, MK needs some restriction before everyone ends up playing him just so they can beat one another. But Brawl is no fun if everyone is the same! There's 34 other characters that kick *** when used right.

I wish CF luck, he'll need to show everyone his best moves and falcon punch his way to victory!

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
What I don't get is, why is Captain Falcon's placement on the SBR Tier List a reason to believe MK should be banned? Or rather, why is it anything to get annoyed about in general?

What is a tier list? In the case of the one we're looking at, it's just ranking characters based on the opinion or opinions of one or several individuals. If we agree with it, okay, if we don't, we don't. It's just opinion. So why is this such a huge deal to us that Falcon's bottom once again? The reasons for the rankings might be misguided and might give a false impression as to Falcon's potential, or they might be influenced by some form of bias based on another character, but does it matter? It's once again just a group's end conclusions being voiced in a simplified, general manner.

I don't care who the individuals are or the influence it has on the board, really. I just think we worry about tiers a bit too much or whether or not Falcon's a "good" character when we could be focusing on improving our game in general.

Also: Not sure if this has been gone over, skimmed through the thread a bit, but just because MK got 15.00/15.00 doesn't mean he's perfect. It just means he's considered to be the best character by everyone from the SBR who voted.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
What I don't get is, why is Captain Falcon's placement on the SBR Tier List a reason to believe MK should be banned? Or rather, why is it anything to get annoyed about in general?

It not just falcons placement. Its every ones.

What is a tier list? In the case of the one we're looking at, it's just ranking characters based on the opinion or opinions of one or several individuals. If we agree with it, okay, if we don't, we don't. It's just opinion. So why is this such a huge deal to us that Falcon's bottom once again? The reasons for the rankings might be misguided and might give a false impression as to Falcon's potential, or they might be influenced by some form of bias based on another character, but does it matter? It's once again just a group's end conclusions being voiced in a simplified, general manner.

I honestly don't care if falcon goes up or not. Im focused on banning MK. That way the curve is a bit more balanced. If MK is banned, more lower-tier characters will show up. WIth MK there is no balance.

I don't care who the individuals are or the influence it has on the board, really. I just think we worry about tiers a bit too much or whether or not Falcon's a "good" character when we could be focusing on improving our game in general.

We have been. Look at the date i made this thread. It was when the boards were alive with discoveries.

Also: Not sure if this has been gone over, skimmed through the thread a bit, but just because MK got 15.00/15.00 doesn't mean he's perfect. It just means he's considered to be the best character by everyone from the SBR who voted.

I know. I never made the edit.
People, let this thread die, i think its crappy. If you have something to say about this then PM me or something.

If you want to revive the topic and others are willing to dicuss, then its okay. But asking questions to me is just gonna spam the boards a bit more.

Thank you.

Happy Brawling.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Take this to the social group please. This isn't the place to discuss the worth of Banning MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom