• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darklink Presents "Inside the Deku Tree" April 10th, TEMPE, ARIZONA

Fixed my typo

Also, I'm actually going to need a lot of help with setups
My wii broke and a few TV's have broken so unless you want this to take forever (or no friendlies at all) then stop being lazy, and take 3 mins to bring a set up

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I changed my stage stage select screen to reflect the mlg stages already, looks pretty slick.

As always, I'll have my one full setup.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Is there still a smashfest going on tomorrow? Or is that the Thursday before the tourney?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'll bring everything for a setup minus a TV

BTW, your house or new venue?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
........well.... I guess I could.......... if kyles car can fit another one.

granted, it's around like 3x3x3ft

but I definitely have the Wii+Brawl

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I'm calling atomic comics. I'll update you guys when I find out what's up.

Just talked to them, and the guy said that he wasn't positive on the time, but that it'll probably start around 1-2. He then recommended I call again tomorrow when the guys who are running it are there, because they will know the exact time. So I guess just plan to get there around mid afternoon, until I get a confirmed time tomorrow.

Jane

Smash Hero
haha thanks guys :b

it was at the U of A, and basically it was just a bunch of college kids that saw flyers around campus, two of which are melee players (but thankfully hardly ever play brawl)

Jane

Smash Hero
well, the place is basically like a "pay per hour" video game center. they have wiis/360s/ps3s and a bunch of games. and i got a 50 dollar vip membership thing.

its only good for this semester lol, so i doubt ill use it very much if at all xD

Duff0

Smash Ace
I have 5$ on Tucson. Anyone wanna take that bet? We'll give the money whenever I see them next.

I'm raising the entry fee for doubles by 5 dollars (2.50 a person) after some complaints from people, with their justification being that second place gets shafted by working hard to get there and not even making a profit.

Since It's just an extra 2.50 I hope there are no complaints (and no refusals to enter cause that is lame), since I couldn't care less either way but I want to make more happy.

Is that fine with everyone?

Duff0

Smash Ace
Eh I think it should be 5$ singles and 10$ doubles... But I don't host and higher entry fees isn't hurting me in any way so I don't care

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I believe that an extra 2.50 is quite fair. It's only a minor increase, but it changes things up a lot. Let's analyze the situation a bit.

We normally get about 11 teams to enter. 2nd place, at 5$ per person and 11 people, will get 32$, or 16.5$ each. Doesn't sound that bad, right? Well then you take away 5$ because you had to spend that much to enter doubles. 11.50. Now you enter singles, and lets say that you just weren't on your singles game today and you didn't place in the money. You're down to 1.50. What are you going to do with 1.50? Buy some gumballs at Frys, or maybe some tissues to wipe away your tears of sadness? Either way, not much.

Now, the same situation as above (11 teams), but with 7.50 per person. 2nd place now goes from 32$ to (rounded) 50$. That's 25$ per person. Of course, minus 5$ for doubles, and 10$ for singles, then assume that no one tripped into your fully charged fsmashes today and you didn't place top 3. You're still left with 10$! Those 10$ can pay for a nice full meal at Ihop, and, depending on what you consider a full meal, can probably buy you a unlimited strawberry lemonade too! Sounds pretty good, don't it bro?

Also, while 3rd place pretty much gets the financial shaft either way, at 7.50 per person, if AZ's scene is feeling particularly active that day and 13 teams enter, 3rd place will make a rounded 10$, enough to pay off their doubles fee, compared to 20 different teams (which is a point where optimism reaches its limits) if the entry fee is 5$ per person.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I had some really good strawberry lemonade at California Pizza Kitchen today.

Top Bottom