• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus Approaching: Extreme caution recommended.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
this is an awesome project i have a question though can you port DS over Olimar? instead of Marth

Edit: over Lucas or Ness?

Edit 2: and was wondering if this is still being worked on?

Last edited:

Willsaber

Smash Cadet
this is an awesome project i have a question though can you port DS over Olimar? instead of Marth

Switching a character that is to be ported over would mean a lot of the code would have to be modified, and depending on the character she goes over, the concept would have to be changed.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Actually, you can port characters over other characters using .rel files, but they can be unstable and crash if not edited properly.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Switching a character that is to be ported over would mean a lot of the code would have to be modified, and depending on the character she goes over, the concept would have to be changed.
Considering Marth has no articles, it doesn't matter who DS is ported over. It'll still work, regardless.

Actually, you can port characters over other characters using .rel files, but they can be unstable and crash if not edited properly.
Rels were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO two years ago.

It's all about the psa ports lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
with Ridley now released and soon to be going through the balancing stages, I'm now hoping that this gets released sooner rather than later. Metroid's big 3 will be playable

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
i can't wait either and my hopes are up that DS will be ported to another character like maybe R.O.B. because i have the Dr. Mario mod over Olimar and a different mod on the Ice Climbers

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
WEK-Sector Pirate just linked me this and from what I've read its exactly how I dreamed it would be (quite literally I may add). Hope this is still around, would be nice with Bagan's Ridley. :-D

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wonder where the creator has been. It's been a little over a month and he's been gone.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah. Probably personal reasons, just finishing things up properly or...this whole thing got scrapped. Can't wait for it to be done, but im not sure will it ever happen.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
What data? lol
If DSL decided to hang up his boots, I'll be willing to finish it up.
If not, then I'll help out a bit, or something.
The assist trophy's moves give a great idea of how the scattershot and pillars should look like.
The former should be a neutral and the latter a down special. Movement much like the assist trophy shown above.
I love this guy's ideas too.
Side special should be like that homing phazon blob "missiles" she does as well. Kinda mirroring Samus to an extent. Dive bomb idea was glorious too.
I very much want to see her. I love the Corruption attire (she was complete then haha).
Hope someone does this.
The model from SSB4 should be good enough.

jemuelv906

Smash Rookie
This looks awesome, is there a gct codeset you can add to make a clone slot for samus and add this psa for pm? I really would like to keep the original samus in the game as well

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

The assist trophy's moves give a great idea of how the scattershot and pillars should look like.
The former should be a neutral and the latter a down special. Movement much like the assist trophy shown above.
I love this guy's ideas too.
Side special should be like that homing phazon blob "missiles" she does as well. Kinda mirroring Samus to an extent. Dive bomb idea was glorious too.
I very much want to see her. I love the Corruption attire (she was complete then haha).
Hope someone does this.
The model from SSB4 should be good enough.
Homing missiles or any projectiles can't be done without using completly different base unfortunately.
SSB4's design is same as in Corruption, except with darker skin colour. But it would be nice if someone would rig SSB4 model AND NOT LEAVE OUT THOSE SHOULDERPADS RIGGED TO THE TORSO. Seriously, that look bad on the only currently available MP3 model.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Homing missiles or any projectiles can't be done without using completly different base unfortunately.
SSB4's design is same as in Corruption, except with darker skin colour. But it would be nice if someone would rig SSB4 model AND NOT LEAVE OUT THOSE SHOULDERPADS RIGGED TO THE TORSO. Seriously, that look bad on the only currently available MP3 model.
Sorry I had no clue whatcha meant by base.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sorry I had no clue whatcha meant by base.
By base, i mean character used for this mod (Marth). Not the...er...result character (Dark Samus), just what was used before starting anything. And its not like it doesn't matters who is used since they all have different articles or in few cases even parts affected by wind (later one is obviously something DS doesn't needs).

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
By base, i mean character used for this mod (Marth). Not the...er...result character (Dark Samus), just what was used before starting anything. And its not like it doesn't matters who is used since they all have different articles or in few cases even parts affected by wind (later one is obviously something DS doesn't needs).
Oh, besides Samus who'd be compatible with DS?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh, besides Samus who'd be compatible with DS?
I'd say Falco since he has projectiles that can go in 3-5 angles unless those extra blaster shots can't be angled (i am absolutely sure they are separate from normal shots since blaster shot's article has 2 subactions with one of them being called FlyThrow while another subaction is just Fly) because then they aren't very useful since they go either straight up, straight down, / and \ (couldn't explain last 2) during throws and forward by default. But his file size limits could be really bad, so, maybe thats a bad idea. Lucario can be used too with his chargable aura sphere, but it can go only forward.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Sounds like a challenge. :-(
Perhaps corrupting Samus IS the best route haha.
Is there a means of inserting her Boss Battle Theme from Corruption into PM?
The best choice being Brinstar or whatever the name is haha. Lol Custom stage seems too... Challenging but would be cool to get Phaaze in there. Easier said than done.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I am hoping that DS can be ported from Marth to maybe R.O.B. or Mr. G&W because i have a mod on Marth already

Last edited:

Legonro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Legonro
3DS FC
4184-4117-9036
Is there a means of inserting her Boss Battle Theme from Corruption into PM?
Inserting Dark Samus's boss theme into PM is fairly easy. Just replace the filename which whatever the filename is of the song you want to replace. mediafire/?su2dkaubxvxddeh Insert a .com in there, I can't post links since my account is fairly new

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman

with Ridley now released and soon to be going through the balancing stages, I'm now hoping that this gets released sooner rather than later. Metroid's big 3 will be playable
Wonder where the creator has been. It's been a little over a month and he's been gone.
Yeah. Probably personal reasons, just finishing things up properly or...this whole thing got scrapped. Can't wait for it to be done, but im not sure will it ever happen.
What data? lol
If DSL decided to hang up his boots, I'll be willing to finish it up.
If not, then I'll help out a bit, or something.
Wait... Is this still happening?
View attachment 41733

"After our liberation, she left us adrift. We thought this a test of our loyalty, and so we endured. Some said she abandoned us. They were promptly shot. Disciples do not doubt their leader.

When she returned, it was on the back of a titanic starborne beast! As we groveled in awe, she ordered us to follow the beast through a rift in space, a wormhole. Some refused to follow, afraid of the unknown. They too were shot. Disciples must be fearless.

Once through the rift, we saw a singular wonder...Phaaze, the source of all Phazon in the cosmos. Phaaze, the home of our glorious leader!"

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 41733

"After our liberation, she left us adrift. We thought this a test of our loyalty, and so we endured. Some said she abandoned us. They were promptly shot. Disciples do not doubt their leader.

When she returned, it was on the back of a titanic starborne beast! As we groveled in awe, she ordered us to follow the beast through a rift in space, a wormhole. Some refused to follow, afraid of the unknown. They too were shot. Disciples must be fearless.

Once through the rift, we saw a singular wonder...Phaaze, the source of all Phazon in the cosmos. Phaaze, the home of our glorious leader!"
THE MAGIC PHAZON-SOMETHING-SHAPED-LIKE-SAMUS'-POWER-SUIT!
Oh, and about Metroid Prime 3 costume - there is something better out now:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207932
Shoulderpads are still rigged incorrectly unfortunately (they are rigged to its bust).

Last edited:

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
THE MAGIC PHAZON-SOMETHING-SHAPED-LIKE-SAMUS'-POWER-SUIT!
Oh, and about Metroid Prime 3 costume - there is something better out now:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207932
Shoulderpads are still rigged incorrectly unfortunately (they are rigged to its bust).
Sweet Samus, that model looks straight out of SSB4. Is it now possible to rip data from the game onto Project M?

And there isn't much difference between that model and the Corruption one. The SSB4 one is darker and lacks the vein textures but it still looks good. A welcome alternate for Dark Samus indeed.

Which brings me to the most pressing issue as of now... THE METROID PRIME 2: ECHOES model of Dark Samus. The current version lacks polish and needs attention by skillful aesthetic modders. The Phazon crystals on the shoulders should be animated, the metal armor should have a shiny sheen and colors of the visor and other faint blue lines should be normalized. If you could contact anyone, especially the people who worked on Ridley, that would be most helpful.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sweet Samus, that model looks straight out of SSB4. Is it now possible to rip data from the game onto Project M?

And there isn't much difference between that model and the Corruption one. The SSB4 one is darker and lacks the vein textures but it still looks good. A welcome alternate for Dark Samus indeed.

Which brings me to the most pressing issue as of now... THE METROID PRIME 2: ECHOES model of Dark Samus. The current version lacks polish and needs attention by skillful aesthetic modders. The Phazon crystals on the shoulders should be animated, the metal armor should have a shiny sheen and colors of the visor and other faint blue lines should be normalized. If you could contact anyone, especially the people who worked on Ridley, that would be most helpful.
ITS FROM SSB4. It is possible to rip only models and even then its kinda tricky.

Its textures make those textures glow more noticably and it looks better because of that IMO.

I tihnk there was a program that could give that model spec textures (what gives Ridley and Samus that gloss) and its very easy to add that metalic shine to the model (i can do this). That model certainly needs to be updated.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Nice to see you back.

I'll see if I can get a better rig for the Smash4 DS

And as always, I'm up for helping with coding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom