• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus Approaching: Extreme caution recommended.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I just had a vision of Dark Samus riding on the back of Ridley shooting as boss fight in Corruption. That would've been epic.
And i thought of them performing Fusion Dance...that would actually look awesome (Dark Ridley).

I'd like to contribute few things to this mod:

Just in case you need those.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I mean she's shown the ability to fuse with things (most likely Phazon things like the corrupted AU).
What an interesting creature. Since Samus defeated DS does that make her the strongest creature in the universe? Its not too hard to say DS may have been her toughest for to date...

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
And i thought of them performing Fusion Dance...that would actually look awesome (Dark Ridley).

I'd like to contribute few things to this mod:

Just in case you need those.
Those look sleek. Bagan, I should place you in charge of polishing everything up once I finished since you did a really good job with Ridley. Also, do you have a means to make alt colors? I don't as of now.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Those look sleek. Bagan, I should place you in charge of polishing everything up once I finished since you did a really good job with Ridley. Also, do you have a means to make alt colors? I don't as of now.
To be honest, i just used that render from SSB4.
Sure. I'll just need to finish my current work (i won't say what exactly, but its not related to Ridley).
Yes, i have everything required for that.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think that can be fixed anyway without using another image, but there is nothing i can do with that since i don't know how to make such renders.
I'll try with a different render:

Side by side:

Which one looks better is up to the creator.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'll try with a different render:

Side by side:

Which one looks better is up to the creator.
You shouldn't have changed their size like that (stretching in case of CSSs and...opposite of it in case of BP), but your version looks better. Well, if you will ignore that it has...er...orange light source.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You shouldn't have changed their size like that (stretching in case of CSSs and...opposite of it in case of BP), but your version looks better. Well, if you will ignore that it has...er...orange light source.
The size change was due to me using this image:

Which at the same time is where the "orange light source" came from due to being on Pyrosphere.

Went ahead and redid them(and this pose looks better imo):

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The size change was due to me using this image:

Which at the same time is where the "orange light source" came from due to being on Pyrosphere.

Went ahead and redid them(and this pose looks better imo):

I know. You just have to be consistent with size. Those new images look better.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here's my question, what are we going to do for alt costumes (that are not alternate models of it/her) like the team colors?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
The translucent DS is an obvious choice for alt costumes. Perhaps he can edit where its blue on Dark Samus to the team colours. And for the blue team a darker shade of blue, perhaps a cobalt? Either way.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
ROFL! Indeed .SO epic. BTY. Is there an ETA for this? So Hyped!
I'm not good with ETA's. The last one I gave was November but the Phazon graphics were not as polished as I want them to be. I'll say this though. The majority of her moveset is complete. The main things on the agenda are:

1.) Port DS (over Marth) to a character with a true projectile (either Pit or Lucario are good bets)

2.) Polish any wonky hitboxes and bone data (for cliff catches, hurtboxes, grab hitboxes, etc.)

3.) Give her a new down tilt. Currently it's Samus' f-smash angled downwards, I wanted something unique so I'm changing it.

4.) Find and implement a good graphic for her down special, the Phazon Barrier Reflector. She does this move in both Echoes and Corruption mainly when you as Samus shoot a missile at her. The Corruption version of the attack looks exactly like her down smash which is the Phazon Tendril Eruption. So I'm trying to differentiate the moves by going with the Echoes version graphically. It's been difficult finding a good graphic.

5.) Implement a Mewtwo-esque HOVER! DS definitely should have one IMO and there are a bunch of cool animations floating around for it.

There's probably more but that's it off the top of my head.

Here's my question, what are we going to do for alt costumes (that are not alternate models of it/her) like the team colors?
I'll be collaborating with Bagan once the issues mentioned above have been dealt with. I definitely want a black and red Echoes Dark Samus. The hand that emerges from the Phazon pool at the end of Prime had those colors. It will make a very badass alt.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm not good with ETA's. The last one I gave was November but the Phazon graphics were not as polished as I want them to be. I'll say this though. The majority of her moveset is complete. The main things on the agenda are:

1.) Port DS (over Marth) to a character with a true projectile (either Pit or Lucario are good bets)

2.) Polish any wonky hitboxes and bone data (for cliff catches, hurtboxes, grab hitboxes, etc.)

3.) Give her a new down tilt. Currently it's Samus' f-smash angled downwards, I wanted something unique so I'm changing it.

4.) Find and implement a good graphic for her down special, the Phazon Barrier Reflector. She does this move in both Echoes and Corruption mainly when you as Samus shoot a missile at her. The Corruption version of the attack looks exactly like her down smash which is the Phazon Tendril Eruption. So I'm trying to differentiate the moves by going with the Echoes version graphically. It's been difficult finding a good graphic.

5.) Implement a Mewtwo-esque HOVER! DS definitely should have one IMO and there are a bunch of cool animations floating around for it.

There's probably more but that's it off the top of my head.

I'll be collaborating with Bagan once the issues mentioned above have been dealt with. I definitely want a black and red Echoes Dark Samus. The hand that emerges from the Phazon pool at the end of Prime had those colors. It will make a very badass alt.
Why not port Dark Samus over Mewtwo, the hover is built in and his running animation if I recall has him "flying". Unless you want to have a DS w/a command grab then by all means port this project over lucario. It is your call after all...

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Why not port Dark Samus over Mewtwo, the hover is built in and his running animation if I recall has him "flying". Unless you want to have a DS w/a command grab then by all means port this project over lucario. It is your call after all...
I'm not the one doing the porting... I have no idea how to do this. And isn't project M's Mewtwo over Lucario anyway?

The running animation is just a matter of editing in BrawlBox. I already made a custom run based on what the Dark Samus Assist Trophy does. I originally just copy and pasted Mewtwo's Run animation but that was lazy.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is a clone engine character of Lucario. You'd get the same articles you'd get with Lucario.

Also, Mewtwo's side B is a command grab.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
It's hard when you start. But the more you port, the easier it gets.

Be prepared for a multitude of freezes.

Already told you a bit about that lol.

Doing something like what Peach does will be easy. But the way mewtwo does it is... very convoluted. The "easy" way to do Mewtwo's float will require a lot of code.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Hope it won't be Pit.

I don't know about you, but considering we now have a functioning Ridley mod, I take bets on that any Metroid fan would want to keep Ridley, along with Dark Samus.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Finished Dark Samus' forward smash based off her intro cut-scene in Corruption.

I might make it stun/inflict damage over time if it's fully charged but that's a decision for later.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is a clone engine character of Lucario. You'd get the same articles you'd get with Lucario.

Also, Mewtwo's side B is a command grab.
Is it possible to make two clones of the same character in the same version of Project M? Lucario and Pit are the best contenders for a DS port but there's Mewtwo and Ridley... not enough room for all of the villains!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is it possible to make two clones of the same character in the same version of Project M? Lucario and Pit are the best contenders for a DS port but there's Mewtwo and Ridley... not enough room for all of the villains!
No. Only in BrawlEx, which does not works in project M as far as i remember. You can use Lucario without replacing Mewtwo or even affecting him, so, i would recommend using Lucario if you want true projectiles and his final smash.
The translucent DS is an obvious choice for alt costumes. Perhaps he can edit where its blue on Dark Samus to the team colours. And for the blue team a darker shade of blue, perhaps a cobalt? Either way.
Wouldn't that require ripping that model from MP2 or making custom one?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
No. Only in BrawlEx, which does not works in project M as far as i remember. You can use Lucario without replacing Mewtwo or even affecting him, so, i would recommend using Lucario if you want true projectiles and his final smash.

Most likely where you come in. :-p
So its not possible to have DS over Mewtwo (he's awful and better off replaced)?

Last edited:

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice

What abour PM unbound? They got brawl EX to work with PM. Maybe you could talk to them about adding both of your guy's mods in. http://smashboards.com/threads/proj...has-been-decided.351320/page-66#post-18759866

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Wait, would porting this psa over ZSS (Zero Suit Samus) work as well? I don't remember whether or not she has a command grab, but who knows if a tether grab would work well for Dark Samus...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Most likely where you come in. :-p
So its not possible to have DS over Mewtwo (he's awful and better off replaced)?
...?
Yes, it is possible. And it won't harm Lucario. Same can be done in reverse.
What abour PM unbound? They got brawl EX to work with PM. Maybe you could talk to them about adding both of your guy's mods in. http://smashboards.com/threads/proj...has-been-decided.351320/page-66#post-18759866
It does not supports 3.5 yet and who keeps such heavely outdated version now?
Wait, would porting this psa over ZSS (Zero Suit Samus) work as well? I don't remember whether or not she has a command grab, but who knows if a tether grab would work well for Dark Samus...
I wouldn't recommend that - it would require changing Samus' FS so it won't include transformation part, adapting to ZSS's horrible (according to either drogoth or KingJigglypuff, i don't remember) file size limits and she can't be cloned with BrawlEx, so, thats not a good idea. ZSS has no command grab btw.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think he/she is implying you'd be able to port the character over Lucario if need be.
Oh.
I don't think this is that incredibly hard to do, considering it has been done.
Its not hard if you know where to look. Just removing "terminate instance" from FinalEnd doesn't works as far as i remember (i tried and it bricked Side B and Neutral B).
Yes she can.
Welp, didn't know about that. I thought characters like Sheik, Charizard, Samus, etc. can't be cloned with BrawlEx.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Welp, didn't know about that. I thought characters like Sheik, Charizard, Samus, etc. can't be cloned with BrawlEx.
Samus can be too, but her module hasn't been perfected yet. Sheik and Charizard, however, still cannot be cloned (which sucks) so you're right about that.

Top Bottom