• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus Approaching: Extreme caution recommended.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna recommend the cheapest, highest quality method to record Dark Samus in action for a preview video? I've got the music and game footage all in my head and I wanna make a kickass preview!!!

I'm using a regular old HDMI Tv and a Homebrew'd Wii.

Last edited:

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
What if Fair were a tendril attack? Take a grapple animation, maybe repurpose it to use tendrils and have them hit several times?

Good idea on exploring grapple animations. For the blast effect I can use Lucario's Side B and enhance it with some of the custom Phazon particles I've created.

Narpas_sword

Anyone wanna recommend the cheapest, highest quality method to record Dark Samus in action for a preview video? I've got the music and game footage all in my head and I wanna make a kickass preview!!!

I'm using a regular old HDMI Tv and a Homebrew'd Wii.
Dolphin. 1080p with all AA on is crisp as.
Then you jsut need some sort of screen recorder.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Uair: I'm envisioning Lucas' Up Smash animation (outstretched limbs at the end). Is that what you mean? I was thinking about something similar to what you described except the energy shock would emanate from her chest. As of now, the Uair is based on the oldest Dark Samus PSA, Nuke's. Dark Samus shoots a cloud of Phazon from her hand. I just wanted something fresh to separate my mod from his but it's still a good idea for f-air.
Yeah, Lucas' Up Smash animation is similar to what I had in mind.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Good idea on exploring grapple animations. For the blast effect I can use Lucario's Side B and enhance it with some of the custom Phazon particles I've created.

I need some assistance on the... "finer" details of this method. Teehee
That's the second time you quote me on that lol.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
@ the Mewtwo vs Lucario stuff...

Either one will work, and people can choose who they want to replace. Any PSA over Lucario should, in theory, work over Mewtwo just by re-naming the files, since Mewtwo uses Lucario's data as a base.

With this, people can choose to replace Mewtwo or Lucario to their liking.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
My latest issue. How do I get Dark Samus' feet level with the ground? There is already a Slope Contour Stand: Value-6, code in the Squat, Squat Wait, Squat Rv, and Attack Lw3 moves. Unless I have to translate the entire model downwards.

Anybody got any advice? And I don't fully understand what the Slope Contour code does. It seems to just make character's legs straight and aligned with the ground but maybe there's more to it...

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
How goes the work?
I'm waiting for someone to help me port DS to Lucario. Then after that's done I'll need to code her Neutral B projectile and implement old coding onto it. And I was going to use Lucario's Down B to somehow include her "Echo" clones in the moveset but I haven't looked into that yet.

Until then all I'm doing is tweaking animations and graphics. Still need to create a unique Fair (at the moment it's just a weaker, faster Project M Ganondorf's Fair) and polish a lot of small issues. It's so much work, I wish someone would volunteer :crazy:

Enough progress has been made to make a preview vid though.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for someone to help me port DS to Lucario. Then after that's done I'll need to code her Neutral B projectile and implement old coding onto it. And I was going to use Lucario's Down B to somehow include her "Echo" clones in the moveset but I haven't looked into that yet.

Until then all I'm doing is tweaking animations and graphics. Still need to create a unique Fair (at the moment it's just a weaker, faster Project M Ganondorf's Fair) and polish a lot of small issues. It's so much work, I wish someone would volunteer :crazy:

Didn't I PM you on how to port characters?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
*subs*

Sweet, original work here. The only complaint I have is that the model looks outdated (because it is, basically). Maybe you could get a hand on the SSB4 model now?

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Didn't I PM you on how to port characters?
I don't think so. You've been a huge help so far though. :-)

*subs*

Sweet, original work here. The only complaint I have is that the model looks outdated (because it is, basically). Maybe you could get a hand on the SSB4 model now?
I think the Corruption Dark Samus model is the best looking out of the 3. The Echoes Dark Samus just needs work... I wish someone on the Project M Art Development team would spruce it up but fat chance.

But lo and behold, someone has imported the Wii U Dark Samus model and made it usable in Project M. It's the Corruption model with darker colors basically.

*the pic with the tentacle coming out from her hand is the Ftilt. Still working on the animation. It's taking a long time to polish.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
That is sexy. Just plug some lighting on that thing before a final release and I don't think it could possibly look better.

EDIT: Speaking of lighting, iwantgames already has some practice with that, and he did SSB4 Samus, so he might be open to helping you eventually.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You know what I think would be a cool taunt?

2:07 of this video:

Last edited:

Willsaber

Smash Cadet

Why would you port her to Lucario rather than just keeping her at Marth?

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
As of now I'm not going to be working on Dark Samus any further. I would like to see her finished one day but completing her is no longer a desideratum.

If anyone would like to continue working on her and has the skills to mod specials and port I'd be down to collaborate. But I've exhausted my creative juices (teehee)

Until next time Phaazlings.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
As of now I'm not going to be working on Dark Samus any further. I would like to see her finished one day but completing her is no longer a desideratum.

If anyone would like to continue working on her and has the skills to mod specials and port I'd be down to collaborate. But I've exhausted my creative juices (teehee)

TT^TT
She (?) was the villain we needed but not the one we deserved (at least at this point).
R.I.P.
Hopefully someone who still has a modding fire in their heart could finish this project.
dark samus.png
dark samus.png
Dark Samus.png

Feel free to use these in the continuation as well.

Peace.

Space Pirates Do Not Falter...

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm real sorry to hear this... Was looking forward to seeing where this mod would be taken next, but if you've lost the inspiration, then who are we to blame ya? Just hope someone else with the skills necessary picks up where ya left off someday, as it'd be a real shame to see this remain unfinished...

Peace.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

:[

Well, hoping someone can take up the mantle...

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Another one to add to the list that should be getting shorter but keeps getting longer.

Send the most recent files.

Last edited:

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
:[

Well, hoping someone can take up the mantle...
I'm not backing out of the project entirely. I've spent way too much time on it!

It's more of another extended hiatus albeit I'm making an announcement since there seemed to be a lot of interest in Dark Samus. But having another set of eyes for graphics, animations and hitboxes would be extremely helpful and urge me to work on her more.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
You're seeking a partner basically. Hope one approaches. This was too nice to go to waste.
I've had several people contribute to the project already and I'm really appreciative of all their help. I just need someone with the coding skills to collaborate with me on the Specials and give her a hover. I don't have the time or desire to research how to do this at this point in time. I can say that if I had someone committed she could be finished for a release sometime in the near future.

Also I had someone who was willing to create a CSS slot and port DS over Lucario or Pit to give her a true article but they've gone AWOL for now.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I've had several people contribute to the project already and I'm really appreciative of all their help. I just need someone with the coding skills to collaborate with me on the Specials and give her a hover. I don't have the time or desire to research how to do this at this point in time. I can say that if I had someone committed she could be finished for a release sometime in the near future.

Also I had someone who was willing to create a CSS slot and port DS over Lucario or Pit to give her a true article but they've gone AWOL for now.
If you were referencing @PyotrLuzhin , then most likely at this time of year college is what's keeping someone like him busy. I was collaborating with him on a custom build, but I guess around this time things have to be put on hold. XP

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I just need someone with the coding skills to collaborate with me on the Specials and give her a hover.
Hover mapped to what?

Just remember that rel porting DS to Lucario/Pit will NOT give DS any articles to work with.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Hover mapped to what?

Just remember that rel porting DS to Lucario/Pit will NOT give DS any articles to work with.
Don't really have any definite ideas. I wanted something like Mewtwo's though, not Peach's.

Thanks for the heads up. That would be a waste.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Would probably be something like:

Set loop X amount of times
Sync Timer1
If Button Pressed
Change subaction float
End If
Execute loop

Then in the float subaction you'd have

Set loop x amount of times
Sync Timer Y
If ic constant = whatever it is for joystick in a direction
set/add momentum in a direction
Else if ic constant = whatever it is for joystick in another direction
more of this stuff
End If
Execute Loop

That's doing it the dirty way and might not get the result you want perfectly, but it's the easiest way that I just thought up of.

Hasn't been tested at all. So use with caution.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna take a stab at porting Dark Samus over Lucario myself. Can someone who knows how to do so explain the process to me like I'm 5 years old, step by step? Are there any quick and dirty methods?

Is it simply copy and pasting DS Marth's code and animations onto a fresh FitLucario.pac/FitLucarioMotion.pac files? Got no idea

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm gonna take a stab at porting Dark Samus over Lucario myself. Can someone who knows how to do so explain the process to me like I'm 5 years old, step by step? Are there any quick and dirty methods?

Is it simply copy and pasting DS Marth's code and animations onto a fresh FitLucario.pac/FitLucarioMotion.pac files? Got no idea
Plot twist: He is an actual five year old.

And incredibly intelligent.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros

drogoth232

Smash Lord

I'll reply tomorrow, most likely.

Maybe in like an hour.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Trying to help out the next generation of modders
A generation of hype at that. :) With Ridley being balanced, Dark Samus in the works, and murmurings of a King K. Rool PSA soon. Project M's modding community is going to be quite interesting. Now if only Brawl Minus' pichu revamp in 4.0 get's ported and balanced for Project M...

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
A generation of hype at that. :) With Ridley being balanced, Dark Samus in the works, and murmurings of a King K. Rool PSA soon. Project M's modding commonuity is going to be quite interesting. Now if only Brawl Minus' pichu revamp in 4.0 get's ported and balanced for Project M...
*Now only if they said thank you <:v

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

I could help once im done with few other things (v2.0 for Ridley and few more animations for KJP's Raptor). Just need to know full moveset. I already ported one PSA 3 times, so, i have experience.
*Now only if they said thank you <:v
<_<

Top Bottom