• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus Approaching: Extreme caution recommended.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'd like to try out this mod when the time comes depending on who the base template character is, but definitely not one of the people who'd replace Mewtwo for it.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I really dislike Mewtwo, he's way too floaty and awkward, at least for me. I don't find him very fun to play as, there's a reason he is quite low in the tiers. (No offense to those who like him, this is just my opinion and I'm sorry it doesn't quite agree with yours)

pnkgoldcatpeach

Smash Cadet
I think he shouldn't be replaced either. Lucario should go instead.

Thats not how it works.
oh well i'm ignorant and have no idea how these things work

but I think a clone should go before a unique character

but how is the cut/replaced character decided?

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
I really dislike Mewtwo, he's way too floaty and awkward, at least for me. I don't find him very fun to play as, there's a reason he is quite low in the tiers. (No offense to those who like him, this is just my opinion and I'm sorry it doesn't quite agree with yours)
Well, he was quite the OP in tier before the crew nerfed him, though. :v

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
oh well i'm ignorant and have no idea how these things work

but I think a clone should go before a unique character

but how is the cut/replaced character decided?
Character replaced is usually a character who has combination of things like projectiles, counters, reflectors, final smash, etc. that creator of the mod wants his character to have. For example, if i need a command grab and a final smash that transforms the character, then i will use Bowser since he has his Koopa Klaw/Flying Slam and Giga Bowser transformation.
Isn't he still high in tiers?

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
All this clone discussion over a Clone of Samus teehee.

I have an issue at the moment. I made DS have a third jab, Attack 13, and I want her to move forward about 13 units on the TransN bone (in BrawlBox). She moves forward during the move in game but once she's done she reverts back to where she initiated the move (back 13 units).

How do I keep her moved forward?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All this clone discussion over a Clone of Samus teehee.

I have an issue at the moment. I made DS have a third jab, Attack 13, and I want her to move forward about 13 units on the TransN bone (in BrawlBox). She moves forward during the move in game but once she's done she reverts back to where she initiated the move (back 13 units).

How do I keep her moved forward?
Check "Moves Character"...er...whatever its called. It won't revert DS to starting position like this.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Since this isn't like kcmms help forums ills end you the whole mjni tutorial in a pm

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Character replaced is usually a character who has combination of things like projectiles, counters, reflectors, final smash, etc. that creator of the mod wants his character to have. For example, if i need a command grab and a final smash that transforms the character, then i will use Bowser since he has his Koopa Klaw/Flying Slam and Giga Bowser transformation.
I take it that if you care enough, you CAN make a new character engine, so replacing specific charcaters wouldn't be needed?
But it's just super hard?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I take it that if you care enough, you CAN make a new character engine, so replacing specific charcaters wouldn't be needed?
But it's just super hard?
As far as i remember, articles (things like projectiles, Samus' grapple beam, Pit's Final Smash, Ganon, Blue Falcon, etc) can't be replecated, so, it would still be required. Other things like crawl, multijump, glide, etc. can be replicated with modules of course.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's news to me if he was, like seriously lol. I speak of both Mewtwo btw, Melee and PM.
Oh, well Melee Mewtwo is obviously trash, even with ATs (something that kinda pushed him up, but not by enough), but PM Mewtwo should still be good. Unless they nerfed him so hard its Ganondorf/Jigglypuff Melee>Brawl transition kind of bad.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Oh, well Melee Mewtwo is obviously trash, even with ATs (something that kinda pushed him up, but not by enough), but PM Mewtwo should still be good. Unless they nerfed him so hard its Ganondorf/Jigglypuff Melee>Brawl transition kind of bad.
He feels super awkward to maneuver and slow. Especially when knocked down to the floor.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What exactly does AT stand for? (Sorry no good with the terms)
Advanced Technique or something. Wavedashing (something that pushed Melee Mewtwo up), L-Cancelling, Dashdancing, Moonwalking, Super Wavedashing (exclusive to Samus), Flight of Ganon (Brawl Ganondorf only), etc. Full list can be found here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Technique It includes normal stuff like short hoping too.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I may have mixed my hate for his design with it as well.
Perhaps we could get two separate DSs latched on different characters? Nah... That's too much.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
I think Lucario is the best bet for a clone/port. He has a projectile, his Down B would be a cool counter to implement Dark Samus' "echo clones" (if there's a way to multiply the model) and he has a command grab. I don't have any ideas how to utilize it but it leaves room for more options which is always good.

So far Down B is just a standard reflector attack but Lucario's Down B seems like it can be tweaked to suit Dark Samus well. I wanna play around with it and see if I can find something to implement her clones. Any ideas?

As for DS's neutral B over Lucario, it can work like Bagan's Ridley Fireball/Flamethrow mechanic. DS has a Phazon Blob shot and the alternate fire will be the thin Phazon Laser Beam.

Oh and can anyone direct me to where I can use Mewtwo's or Ganondorf's hover coding to implement onto Dark Samus? I have a really good animation and I wanna see it in action.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Oh and can anyone direct me to where I can use Mewtwo's or Ganondorf's hover coding to implement onto Dark Samus? I have a really good animation and I wanna see it in action.
The least convoluted coding is used in KJP's Solo Charizard's Mega Evolution Up B. Don't remember which though.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Well, I did want Lucario to stay too, but hopefullly, our disagreements can be solved in the future with the help of the community's porting experience. :v

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Well, I did want Lucario to stay too, but hopefullly, our disagreements can be solved in the future with the help of the community's porting experience. :v
Of course I don't want any character removed (except maybe Sonic) but yeah, I think there's enough support to create a new slot for DS. I'd rather lose Mewtwo over Lucario to be honest though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Of course I don't want any character removed (except maybe Sonic) but yeah, I think there's enough support to create a new slot for DS. I'd rather lose Mewtwo over Lucario to be honest though.
Can't you put character originally made over Lucario to replace Mewtwo? Or rels for him have some major changes that prevent that?

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Any Dark Samus fans have strong opinions on what her Forward, Up, and Back Airs should be? Neutral and Down Air are both finalized but f-u-b aerials are placeholders. Here is what they are currently.

Neutral Air-

Down Air (0-80%)- (80-999%)-

Forward Air-

Up Air-

Back Air-

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Hm, got some suggestions.

Uair:

Could be somewhat similar to Sm4sh Palutena's Uair hitbox-wise. Dark Samus pulls up her limbs to her body and then quickly extends them, releasing some kind of small shockwave with most of the hitbox being above her. Would be a kill move with medium startup. (comes out as fast as fox's second uair hitbox)

Bair:
Perhaps a phazon tentacle attack? DS attacks with a couple of thin phazon tentacles coming out of her hand. Multiple hitbox move akin to G&W's bair, good range. I could see this being problematic animation and effect-wise though.

Fair:
I could see this one being a somewhat generic phazon claw attack. Low range, but functionality similar to Marth's fair. (I assume DS has relatively good air mobility, haven't read the whole topic though)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Any Dark Samus fans have strong opinions on what her Forward, Up, and Back Airs should be? Neutral and Down Air are both finalized but f-u-b aerials are placeholders. Here is what they are currently.

Neutral Air-

Down Air (0-80%)- (80-999%)-

Forward Air-

Up Air-

Back Air-
What if Fair were a tendril attack? Take a grapple animation, maybe repurpose it to use tendrils and have them hit several times?

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Hm, got some suggestions.
Uair:
Could be somewhat similar to Sm4sh Palutena's Uair hitbox-wise. Dark Samus pulls up her limbs to her body and then quickly extends them, releasing some kind of small shockwave with most of the hitbox being above her. Would be a kill move with medium startup. (comes out as fast as fox's second uair hitbox)

Bair:
Perhaps a phazon tentacle attack? DS attacks with a couple of thin phazon tentacles coming out of her hand. Multiple hitbox move akin to G&W's bair, good range. I could see this being problematic animation and effect-wise though.

Fair:
I could see this one being a somewhat generic phazon claw attack. Low range, but functionality similar to Marth's fair. (I assume DS has relatively good air mobility, haven't read the whole topic though)
Uair: I'm envisioning Lucas' Up Smash animation (outstretched limbs at the end). Is that what you mean? I was thinking about something similar to what you described except the energy shock would emanate from her chest. As of now, the Uair is based on the oldest Dark Samus PSA, Nuke's. Dark Samus shoots a cloud of Phazon from her hand. I just wanted something fresh to separate my mod from his but it's still a good idea for f-air.

Bair: I already have tentacles for her f tilt, but I'm changing the move because it looks too much like a smash attack. Maybe they can be re-purposed to something similar to what you're describing.

Fair: Right now I'm using Project M Ganondorf's Fair animation enhanced with Phazon graphic effects. It looks great but again, I want it to be unique. I'll take your idea in mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom