• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

antimatter

Smash Lord
umm.. i doubt that is the reason for the delay. the delay as i see it isbecause noa didnt get their advertising set up in time. i really doubt that sakurai intended for this delay, and i believe dark samus was already made.

antimatter

Smash Lord
did you even read the first post? i'm assuming you havent, because that argument has been easily debunked.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dark Samus is a slight model change. It has as much of a chance as a PC as Dark Link or Wolf.
Dark Link is just a recolor, there is no difference between him and regular Link physically.
Wolf is also different than Fox, he just has a base structure similar to him.
Dark Samus has more difference than either of them, and has more chance than nothing.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Dark Link has many abilities Link does not, & Dark Samus being physically different from Samus is the same as Dark Link being physically different from Link. Last I checked, Link wasn't made out of a shadow.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Dark Link has many abilities Link does not, & Dark Samus being physically different from Samus is the same as Dark Link being physically different from Link. Last I checked, Link wasn't made out of a shadow.
Please name one ability Dark Link has that Link doesn't have.

I didn't play Twilight Princess and if there is a Dark Link in it who is as unique as Dark Samus, I'm sorry. I just know the Dark Link from Ocarina of Time and he was EXACTLY like Link there. The only difference was the color.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Dark Link can create copies of himself. He can weild way oversized bombs, rather than just normal ones. I'm sure he can do other things. You'd have to ask a hardcore Zelda fan. I've seen Dark Link in OoT, 4SA, & TP, mostly.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Dark Link can create copies of himself.
as can dark samus
He can weild way oversized bombs, rather than just normal ones.
dark samus can corrupt anything with a phazon spray
I'm sure he can do other things.
dark samus can do other things as well, and i am a person with zelda knowledge, and as far as i know, DL cant do more than what you mentioned.
my comments are in red.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark Samus is a slight model change. It has as much of a chance as a PC as Dark Link or Wolf.
Pluvius man what the hell?
Dark samus AINT samus, shes metroid prime using the phazon suit as a new body, she has a whole variety of moves that can EASILY make her unique, and overall diferent from samus, if u have played mp2 or mp3. u would know this, DID u play the games? cause if u didnt, then ur just saying what ur eyes are telling you...

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
@ antimatter:
OK, so neither DL or DS is a good character. They're both good costume changes, & nothing more.

@ Stryks:
**** no I didn't play Prime 2 or 3. 1 was bad enough.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ohhhhh his name is Pluvius and not Pluvia. No wonder he thinks Dark Samus will make AT...which he won't. Dark Samus WILL be on the game as a playable character. So says the Mercenaries of the Dark Hunter.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
@ antimatter:
OK, so neither DL or DS is a good character. They're both good costume changes, & nothing more.

@ Stryks:
Well if you didn't play Metroid Prime 2 or 3, did you atleast have the sense to youtube Dark Samus, and see how she fights? She fights differently if not better than Samus.

super ginger kid

Smash Apprentice
The remnents of planet Phaaze or that carboard box
@ antimatter:

@ Stryks:
the metroid prime games are as good as the legend of zelda tp, hell metroid prime is more challenging the tp. dl is nothing more than a mirrior image of link, and since you obvisously no nothing about ds you would not know how clearly she is from samus....... :/

p.s i like my sig, thank you very much

antimatter

Smash Lord
Pluvius: @antimatter:

samus's costume amount has been filled out, and it was confirmed by HugS (i believe that's the name) that dark samus wasnt a costume. that means sakurai has something else planned for the main villain of the story arc which revitalized the metroid series. if you say sticker, you will regret it.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Is Dark Samus a "she"? I mean, Metroid Prime is clearly an "it" and Dark Samus only consists of the suit and doesn't have a body (-> Zero Suit Samus), is that right?

antimatter

Smash Lord
it absorbed some of samus's dna, so its like a she and is identified as a she. this arguement has been thrown about a lot and is more confusing than birdo's identity.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dark Samus is an IT, people just refer to it as a "she" 'cause it looks like Samus, "it" is not a "she" i prefer to call "it" a "he".

Does he look female? no he doesn't, it looks like a monster with a diabolical laugh.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Please name one ability Dark Link has that Link doesn't have.

I didn't play Twilight Princess and if there is a Dark Link in it who is as unique as Dark Samus, I'm sorry. I just know the Dark Link from Ocarina of Time and he was EXACTLY like Link there. The only difference was the color.
Dark Samus yes we all know that she's unique and all except for Pluivius.

Howwwwever, Dark Link/Shadow Link could play just as unique as Dark Samus. Did you see his moves in Four Swords Adventures and The Legend of Zelda II? He did different stuff in those games like create copies of himself and launch big huge bombs on the screen.

Oh yeah, and Dark Link was the main antagonist and final boss on Zelda II. So he sooooo didn't deserve to just become one of Link's outfits. Pfft...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I call it a she becuase she is referred to as she in the game by the Space Pirates and the GF, has genetic DNA of Samus, could spawn Metroids like the Metroid Queen when she was Prime, she sounds like a "she" in the final boss battle of MP3 and....I dunno, feels like a she *shrugs*

@Shade: Calm down, they wouldn't of used that Dark/Shadow Link anyway, they used the TP designed one.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I call it a she becuase she is referred to as she in the game by the Space Pirates and the GF, has genetic DNA of Samus, could spawn Metroids like the Metroid Queen when she was Prime, she sounds like a "she" in the final boss battle of MP3 and....I dunno, feels like a she *shrugs*

@Shade: Calm down, they wouldn't of used that Dark/Shadow Link anyway, they used the TP designed one.
Well there you have it, the proof is in the pudding fellas. Dark Samus is a she. End of story.

@Boss, I'm calm, cool, and collected. There wasn't any wrath whatsoever in my post. Well...maybe just a little.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Shade: There's ALWAYS wrath in your posts. <3

Dark Hunter for teH Brawlz! Lol.

Ooh, what's this? We've FINALLY proven to the non-believers that DS is indeed a "she"? What a glorious day of unity for us fans of her work.

And I just thought of something...Pirates and Ninjas are mortal enemies. So if Dark Samus was cloned from the dna of existance's greatest ninja (Samus Aran) and now leads the space pirates...does that make her a ninja or pirate?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Shade: There's ALWAYS wrath in your posts. <3

Dark Hunter for teH Brawlz! Lol.

Ooh, what's this? We've FINALLY proven to the non-believers that DS is indeed a "she"? What a glorious day of unity for us fans of her work.

And I just thought of something...Pirates and Ninjas are mortal enemies. So if Dark Samus was cloned from the dna of existance's greatest ninja (Samus Aran) and now leads the space pirates...does that make her a ninja or pirate?
Oh c'mon not you too Rhyme. I don't have wrath in all of my posts. I say...uh....a good 55 % of them.:p

Oh and what an interesting topic bro. Well I think she's a crossbred. Ninjutsu and pirating both flow through her veins.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
More than that. :p Don't be so unrealistic.

This is unacceptable! The Dark Hunter must be exploiting pirate frailty in order to obtain phazon...I see no other reason one so great as her would stoop to the demeaning level of piracy.

Though perhaps the true lesson here can best be explained in the graces of one Patrick Star:

Hero worship is unhealthy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lol, Pirates vs Ninjas....too claasic :p
@Rhyme: You should join the Mercs :grin:
@Rhyme again: Lol :chuckle:
@Shade: 55% is the minimum amount of anger in here :p
@Shade again: I tweaked your sig a bit, but only to include the Mercenaries sig and to increase the length
The original image is untouched, though, hope you don't mind..
New sig:

Top Bottom