• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
So says the Mercenaries of the Dark Hunter.
Oh man, sounds like you guys really ****ing know what you're talking about.

U didnt like metroid prime 1?! its like the best game on the gamecube! its too freaking awesome!
No, it's not. It's ****ing terrible.

Well if you didn't play Metroid Prime 2 or 3, did you atleast have the sense to youtube Dark Samus, and see how she fights? She fights differently if not better than Samus.
I've seen my friend's 10 year old brother play it, & I've seen some cutscenes with Dark Samus. It's not that impressive.

So why would Pluivus even suggest that Dark Samus get the boot and be an AT? It just doesn't make any sense...
Because it's plenty likely, & it's more likely than it being a PC?

the metroid prime games are as good as the legend of zelda tp, hell metroid prime is more challenging the tp. dl is nothing more than a mirrior image of link, and since you obvisously no nothing about ds you would not know how clearly she is from samus....... :/
Saying Dark Link is nothing but a mirror image of Link is awfully ignorant. Dark Link is much more than that.

samus's costume amount has been filled out, and it was confirmed by HugS (i believe that's the name) that dark samus wasnt a costume. that means sakurai has something else planned for the main villain of the story arc which revitalized the metroid series. if you say sticker, you will regret it.
Thus far. I'm sure people could have "confirmed" that Wario only had color swaps, rather than model changes. Nintendo could have just excluded the costumes for now.

Dark Samus yes we all know that she's unique and all except for Pluivius.

Howwwwever, Dark Link/Shadow Link could play just as unique as Dark Samus. Did you see his moves in Four Swords Adventures and The Legend of Zelda II? He did different stuff in those games like create copies of himself and launch big huge bombs on the screen.

Oh yeah, and Dark Link was the main antagonist and final boss on Zelda II. So he sooooo didn't deserve to just become one of Link's outfits. Pfft...
Dark Link wasn't in Zelda 2. That was Link's shadow enchanted by the guy that put Zelda to sleep. It's very different.

I've said that Dark Samus is as unique as Dark Link. They're both also as unique as Wolf, but given the similarities, such characters will most likely just be outfit swaps.

antimatter

Smash Lord
about the costume comment:

are you literally unable to read sakurai's comments? it said, and i'm paraphrasing: "but he alone is special"

what part of "he alone" do you not comprehend? dark samus was confirmed to not be a costume by a member on smashboards who got to play at e for all, which had samus playable as she would be in the real game. he saw all costumes, so that means that dark samus will be something else.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
So you don't like the Metroid Prime games Pluvius. Okay. But you didn't name a single argument why DS shouldn't be a playable character, you just said that you find her boring.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

I've seen my friend's 10 year old brother play it, & I've seen some cutscenes with Dark Samus. It's not that impressive.

Saying Dark Link is nothing but a mirror image of Link is awfully ignorant. Dark Link is much more than that.

Thus far. I'm sure people could have "confirmed" that Wario only had color swaps, rather than model changes. Nintendo could have just excluded the costumes for now.

Dark Link wasn't in Zelda 2. That was Link's shadow enchanted by the guy that put Zelda to sleep. It's very different.

I've said that Dark Samus is as unique as Dark Link. They're both also as unique as Wolf, but given the similarities, such characters will most likely just be outfit swaps.
Don't be an @sswipe Pluvius!

And your whole argument that you bring to the table has failure written all over it! Saying DS is going to be an assist trophy just because you don't like her and you find her "blah and boring" is just laughable! You fail to realize that if given the chance to fight amongst Brawl's Finest competitors that even you "The Dark Samus Hater" would be impressed. And if not then seriously, you're just a tough critic to please.

Dark Link WAS the last boss in Zelda II. And duh duh duh, of course he's Link's shadow. That's why he's been called Dark Link/Shadow Link. Read about his bio and you'll find that he was the last boss. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Link#Dark_Link

DS 4 BRAWL!

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
about the costume comment:

are you literally unable to read sakurai's comments? it said, and i'm paraphrasing: "but he alone is special"

what part of "he alone" do you not comprehend? dark samus was confirmed to not be a costume by a member on smashboards who got to play at e for all, which had samus playable as she would be in the real game. he saw all costumes, so that means that dark samus will be something else.
Sakurai has changed his mind before, & I don't trust that translation to be 100% accurate.

Too bad that Dark Samus doesn't have a ZSS now does she :\
That's one of the reasons I hope Dark Samus is a costume change. I would love to see how it would look after losing all of or some of its armor.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Link

here it says that dark link is exactly the same as link.........

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_samus

this shows how she is different than samus..............
Those wikis aren't necessarily the greatest of sources, but, if you actually read the Dark Link one, you'll notice that the authors state several times that Dark Link is different from Link in many ways, though similar in a compelling manner, just like Dark Samus. Last time I checked, Link wasn't immortal.

Don't be an @sswipe Pluvius!
Nice filter dodge, *******. Why don't you try following the rules?

And your whole argument that you bring to the table has failure written all over it! Saying DS is going to be an assist trophy just because you don't like her and you find her "blah and boring" is just laughable! You fail to realize that if given the chance to fight amongst Brawl's Finest competitors that even you "The Dark Samus Hater" would be impressed. And if not then seriously, you're just a tough critic to please.
I'm not saying I want Dark Samus as an AT, & I'm not saying that it isn't a good character. Just because I dislike the games in which it is featured doesn't mean I hate the character. I just think that Dark Samus deserves only to be a costume change. That having been said, I love Dark Link & Wolf, but they seem to be more suited for costume changes as well.

Dark Link WAS the last boss in Zelda II. And duh duh duh, of course he's Link's shadow. That's why he's been called Dark Link/Shadow Link. Read about his bio and you'll find that he was the last boss. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Link#Dark_Link
If you actually read that, you'll note that Link's Shadow wasn't called Shadow Link. Shadow Links are, according to the sources you & super ginger kid posted, weaker & different copies of Link. Dark Link:Shadow Link::Cell:Cell Jr., basically, if you're familiar with DBZ. The Zelda wiki to which super ginger kid linked considers the possiblity that Link's Shadow from Zelda 2 might not be the same person as Shadow Link from Ocarina of Time.

Pluvius, STFU is you don't know anything.
This right here is a quality & well-formed argument.

antimatter

Smash Lord
you gave a good argument, and youre right that we dont know if sakurai changed anything. but we also dont know if he didnt change anything. he might have, he might not have, and we wont know until the game is released.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice

I'm pretty sure that the fact you need to explain every obscure, irrelevant detail about Dark Link would prove he does not desevre to be a PC, doesn't it? :)

You are FAIL, sir! *Applauds*

But seriously, Dark Link is just like Shadow; a clone made by the main boss to chalenge and technically defeat their now "obsolete" original. Dark Samus is a seperate being entirely, she IS the main protagonist.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
you gave a good argument, and youre right that we dont know if sakurai changed anything. but we also dont know if he didnt change anything. he might have, he might not have, and we wont know until the game is released.
I know. All I've ever been saying about Dark Samus is that I think it will most likely be a costume change if represented in Brawl at all. Of course no one can know for sure until things are officially announced or the game is out.

But seriously, Dark Link is just like Shadow; a clone made by the main boss to chalenge and technically defeat their now "obsolete" original. Dark Samus is a seperate being entirely, she IS the main protagonist.
There's no proof that Dark Link is under any sort of orders from Ganon. Dark Link, as far as we can tell, is a rogue, & simply picks fights with Link randomly, much like Blues in his initial appearances in Rockman, specifically in 3.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So am I a hitman since I fulfilled the requirement?
You'd have to tell Wu Tang Gang....who's never on anymore T_T
Sakurai has changed his mind before, & I don't trust that translation to be 100% accurate.
So he lied to us?
That's one of the reasons I hope Dark Samus is a costume change. I would love to see how it would look after losing all of or some of its armor.
The suit is her skin, there is only a skeleton under that.
Those wikis aren't necessarily the greatest of sources, but, if you actually read the Dark Link one, you'll notice that the authors state several times that Dark Link is different from Link in many ways, though similar in a compelling manner, just like Dark Samus. Last time I checked, Link wasn't immortal.
Of course they're not T-T
And differences aside, he's still a mirror image of Link
Why don't you stop trolling?
I'm not saying I want Dark Samus as an AT, & I'm not saying that it isn't a good character. Just because I dislike the games in which it is featured doesn't mean I hate the character. I just think that Dark Samus deserves only to be a costume change. That having been said, I love Dark Link & Wolf, but they seem to be more suited for costume changes as well.
I was totally fooled by this..
OK, so neither DL or DS is a good character. They're both good costume changes, & nothing more.
If you actually read that, you'll note that Link's Shadow wasn't called Shadow Link. Shadow Links are, according to the sources you & super ginger kid posted, weaker & different copies of Link. Dark Link:Shadow Link::Cell:Cell Jr., basically, if you're familiar with DBZ. The Zelda wiki to which super ginger kid linked considers the possiblity that Link's Shadow from Zelda 2 might not be the same person as Shadow Link from Ocarina of Time.
So? What does this have to do with this topic? Shadow Link=/=Dark Link...big whoop.

And you are a well educated ****.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Man oh man, this thread is VERY aggressive. :O
Considering the popularity of the Metroid franchise in comparison to some of the other franchises featured in Smash, its my personal opinion that Metroid is worthy of two more characters aside from Samus. However, if only one more were to appear, there will be much anger from one side of the aisle or the other.

It may seem a little redundant to have a character that looks so close to Samus, but hey, Mario and Luigi seem pretty similar to me in forms of costume, Falco and Fox had a similar uniform (completely different heads of course), and Pickachu and Pichu?... so to be honest it wouldn't be that far-fetched. I'm fond of the movesets offered here, particularly having DS with a floaty style of movement.

In response to ZSDS mentioned above (forget how to quote in these things... sorry), how about a Final Smash where DS unfolds into Metroid Prime for a sweet attack of some kind? :D Other than that though, you shouldn't bank hopes on a ZSDS... it practically is all suit. Zero Suit Dark Samus is like Zero... everything. D:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I know. All I've ever been saying about Dark Samus is that I think it will most likely be a costume change if represented in Brawl at all. Of course no one can know for sure until things are officially announced or the game is out.

There's no proof that Dark Link is under any sort of orders from Ganon. Dark Link, as far as we can tell, is a rogue, & simply picks fights with Link randomly, much like Blues in his initial appearances in Rockman, specifically in 3.
The problem is that (I'm not saying this as everyone's reason why she's mainly wanted in btw) people want to play as a Samus that doesn't change after her FS. I've seen people that main Samus but hate ZSS, Which is why they choose to avoid using samus' FS. DS on the other hand could have similar moves (such as using phazon, maybe some of the new gadgets that Samus was able to obtain in, using her morphball, etc) without having to be a clone.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
One more thing... In regard to those bringing Dark Link or Shadow Links into the mix here, let me just say that I personally don't think DL is comparable to DS... The general idea that I had of Dark Link is that he is Link's animated shadow, possessing an almost mirror-like quality to Link. He's had no character development as a villain (up until that one recent game, but I believe those were the "Shadow Links"), which Dark Samus has, and he certainly was not a final boss of a previous game reformed into the stolen visage of the very protagonist of said games, and to be honest the only place I found his presence to be pivotal was as the final, annoying boss of Zelda 2, whereas Dark Samus has plot-pivotal points, especially in Corruption. That aside, that is why I feel Dark Link will more than likely remain as an alternate color and why Dark Samus has the potential to be a playable character, since she wasn't confirmed as an alternate color for Samus in the demos. Of course, nothing is final until its final. We'll see what happens.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
So he lied to us?
I think it very well might've been a translation error. Though, even though we all knew they were coming, he did lie to us about the release dates twice.

The suit is her skin, there is only a skeleton under that.
So far, yes, but that doesn't mean they couldn't expand its character further or just take some liberties. I hate to always go back to Dark Link, but as it is the only confirmed similar character as a costume change, I'm forced to. Dark Link doesn't have the Triforce of Courage, & AFAIK never has had it. How, then, could Dark Link using its FS be considered at all canon? It isn't, as Brawl isn't.

Why don't you stop trolling?
You know, not everyone whose opinion differs from you is a troll. You ought to throw that word around less, or it starts to lose its meaning.

I was totally fooled by this..
I'm sorry, allow me to clarify. I meant that Dark Samus wouldn't make a good PC when I said that earlier. I apologize, that was my fault for being vague.

And you are a well educated ****.
& I'm **** proud of it.

One more thing... In regard to those bringing Dark Link or Shadow Links into the mix here, let me just say that I personally don't think DL is comparable to DS... The general idea that I had of Dark Link is that he is Link's animated shadow, possessing an almost mirror-like quality to Link. He's had no character development as a villain (up until that one recent game, but I believe those were the "Shadow Links"), which Dark Samus has, and he certainly was not a final boss of a previous game reformed into the stolen visage of the very protagonist of said games, and to be honest the only place I found his presence to be pivotal was as the final, annoying boss of Zelda 2, whereas Dark Samus has plot-pivotal points, especially in Corruption. That aside, that is why I feel Dark Link will more than likely remain as an alternate color and why Dark Samus has the potential to be a playable character, since she wasn't confirmed as an alternate color for Samus in the demos. Of course, nothing is final until its final. We'll see what happens.
Well, Dark Link wasn't really in MM, WW, or TP, & these are the new era of Zelda games with actual character development. Dark Samus has been graced with 2 or so titles with lots of character development all around, or so I understand.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think it very well might've been a translation error. Though, even though we all knew they were coming, he did lie to us about the release dates twice.
A translation error would've been more explained..And he didn't lie, he told us he needed more time.

So far, yes, but that doesn't mean they couldn't expand its character further or just take some liberties. I hate to always go back to Dark Link, but as it is the only confirmed similar character as a costume change, I'm forced to. Dark Link doesn't have the Triforce of Courage, & AFAIK never has had it. How, then, could Dark Link using its FS be considered at all canon? It isn't, as Brawl isn't.
Dark Samus is dead, how exactly will they expand on it? And Dark Link is an alt, believe it or not, of course he'd have Link's FS.

You know, not everyone whose opinion differs from you is a troll. You ought to throw that word around less, or it starts to lose its meaning.
Well not every arguer keeps bringing up Dark Link in every post, nor says he doesn't want a character because he hates that game and thinks that the character will be an(already disproven) alternate costume/color.

I'm sorry, allow me to clarify. I meant that Dark Samus wouldn't make a good PC when I said that earlier. I apologize, that was my fault for being vague.
Apology accepted.

& I'm **** proud of it.
Apology accepted :p

Well, Dark Link wasn't really in MM, WW, or TP, & these are the new era of Zelda games with actual character development. Dark Samus has been graced with 2 or so titles with lots of character development all around, or so I understand.
Technically three games, she was Metroid Prime, and was shown as DS in the ending.

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
OMG you guys know what is really annoying? The fact that most of these character list "leaks" don't even include Dark Samus in it! I keep running into these fake leaks that don't even bother to put her in it ;_;

The one that DID put Damus in it had people booing and saying "Fake cuz of DS." ARRGH!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

What's a matter with you, ya straight arrow? Pluvius can't curse?

You dislike the whole MP series? Then you must hate the whole entire freaking shooter game genre. The MP series are one of the more awesome shooters you'll find! Awesome graphics, breathtaking scenery, wicked bosses, cool lil puzzles, and a kick@ss archnemesis! You've just got a spork shoved up so far up your *** to realize that MP3/2/1 are great games.

And I'm a rule breaker. A rebel through and through. Stop being a goody goody and be a rebel.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Pluvius... Play OoT. Dark Link does EXACTLY what you do, no matter what way you move. And he's already an alternate, so STFU.
Man, I clearly wasn't bringing up Dark Link as an example of who else doesn't deserve a PC spot. :ohwell:

Dark Samus is dead, how exactly will they expand on it? And Dark Link is an alt, believe it or not, of course he'd have Link's FS.
I don't know a whole lot about Dark Samus' storyline, but I'm sure you could imagine. As for Dark Link, I brought it up to point out that characters can be given abilities foreign to them so they can fit as an alternate costume.

Well not every arguer keeps bringing up Dark Link in every post, nor says he doesn't want a character because he hates that game and thinks that the character will be an(already disproven) alternate costume/color.
I bring up Dark Link because he is an example of a character just like Dark Samus who got the alternate costume treatment. Your whole argument is based on a single line of text from Sakurai. There are several reasons as to why said quote could be misleading. All that proves, anyway, is that Dark Samus can't be a costume change. All that really leaves is AT.

What's a matter with you, ya straight arrow? Pluvius can't curse?

And I'm a rule breaker. A rebel through and through. Stop being a goody goody and be a rebel.
I use the vocabulary I like, but I respect the owners of SmashBoards enough to follow their rules. They pay from their own pocket so that we can have a place to discuss Brawl, so I plan on giving them common courtesy.

You dislike the whole MP series? Then you must hate the whole entire freaking shooter game genre. The MP series are one of the more awesome shooters you'll find! Awesome graphics, breathtaking scenery, wicked bosses, cool lil puzzles, and a kick@ss archnemesis! You've just got a spork shoved up so far up your *** to realize that MP3/2/1 are great games.
Shooter genre? I love shoot 'em ups, I love the 2D Metroid games, but I don't like FPSs much at all.

How many of you would actually prefer Dark Samus over Ridley?

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
dark samus wouldn't have zsds when her suit comes off Mr. T steps out
Dark samus wouldn't tolerate Jibba Jabba Fools

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
why would DS n ridley even be competin for spots
there shouldn't be any doubt that the metroid series deserves at least 3 spots and ridley and DS would have completley different playstyles
also they would be fill in the villian and "mature" character slots which are lacking in brawl

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Man, I clearly wasn't bringing up Dark Link as an example of who else doesn't deserve a PC spot. :ohwell:
And you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about.
I don't know a whole lot about Dark Samus' storyline, but I'm sure you could imagine. As for Dark Link, I brought it up to point out that characters can be given abilities foreign to them so they can fit as an alternate costume.
I meant that Dark Link is already out, stop comparing him to DS.

I bring up Dark Link because he is an example of a character just like Dark Samus who got the alternate costume treatment.
That's just it, he's not a character just like Dark Samus.

Your whole argument is based on a single line of text from Sakurai. There are several reasons as to why said quote could be misleading. All that proves, anyway, is that Dark Samus can't be a costume change. All that really leaves is AT.
And that argument may be right, I understand, seeing how Ness is still in besides the "up until now" statement. And AT is what you think is the most she can be, not the only thing.

Shooter genre? I love shoot 'em ups, I love the 2D Metroid games, but I don't like FPSs much at all.
Who woulda thunk after you said Prime is the worst game ever T_T

How many of you would actually prefer Dark Samus over Ridley?
I prefer both equally :p
dark samus wouldn't have zsds when her suit comes off Mr. T steps out
Dark samus wouldn't tolerate Jibba Jabba Fools
:rotfl:
why would DS n ridley even be competin for spots
there shouldn't be any doubt that the metroid series deserves at least 3 spots and ridley and DS would have completley different playstyles
also they would be fill in the villian and "mature" character slots which are lacking in brawl
Exactly :grin:

Top Bottom