• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

antimatter

Smash Lord
ROB? there's no way its true. no way at all. they are subspace enemies, and they are generic multiples. so, what do they have going for them? retro. that is it, pure and simple. these prophets who claim it's in are liars and we should ignore them completely. as a matter of fact, we shouldnt even finish statements talking abou

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
i h8 these roster leaks.....partly because they are horrible and my top three arnt even in it....
Ridley, Mewtwo and Dark Samus? Yeah those are my most wanted characters too, next to Geno , Claus, Krystal and King K. Rool.

I would be really depressed if not a single of those SEVEN characters makes it in.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ridley, Mewtwo and Dark Samus? Yeah those are my most wanted characters too, next to Geno , Claus, Krystal and King K. Rool.

I would be really depressed if not a single of those SEVEN characters makes it in.
QFT
Man, this roster is BS T_T

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Ridley,Geno,Krystal,Mega Man,Claus and recently Dark Samus are some of the most wanted characters for brawl and not one of them are playable! i mean the more i think about it these roster leaks seem...well incredibly fake as Sakurai cannot disapoint so many people at once

Guiness World Book of Records 2009
Biggest Disapointment:Masahiro Sakurai disapointed over 2 billion people with his over hyped game. To be precise it was closer to 3 billion.

Patinator

Smash Champion
At least some got their wish!!! Like me! ...One... Character....

Lucario

...I don't know if we're talking about the same thing.

AND I DON'T WANNA KNOW. No spoilers....... plz :p

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
At least some got their wish!!! Like me! ...One... Character....

Lucario

...I don't know if we're talking about the same thing.

AND I DON'T WANNA KNOW. No spoilers....... plz :p
Yeah, go have your Lucario, I will go and cry in a corner for Geno :(

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
It seems that they used AT's as an excuse not to make a big playable roster... Might expect to see some of the most wanted characters as ATs or even SSE bosses, which kind of sucks... Then again, who knows.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
WOOT I made a moveset! Please tell me what you think.

MOVESET

>B: Phazon Spores- Dark Samus spreads particles of Phazon around in front of him, and it can be controlled with the control stick. It is stuck on the opponent and sucks out life and adds it to Dark Samus.

^B: Levitation- He simply flys upwards in sort of a haze, like in MP3. Knocks anyone away that he comes in contact with, and can be controlled.

VB: Phazon Barrier- Dark Samus summons Phazon Crystals up from the ground that cover him. It reflects projectiles and hurts anyone it touches. It shatters fter a few moments.

NB: Corruption- This is a charge attack. He levitates a few inches into the air, growing a brighter blue the longer it is charged. It can be stopped at any time and returns to the ground when finished. Then he must be a short distance away from an opponent, because the blast moves a short distaNCE then explodes. Anyone hit with this is then under control of the person controlling Dark Samus, and Dark Samus is left standing where he fired. The longer he charged the shot, the longer you possess the opponent.

A- Slashes once with one hand.
AA- Slashes, then smacks with cannon.
AAA Slashes, smacks with cannon, then kicks.
>A- Kicks his leg out far to hit opponent.
^A- Pushes cannon upwards.
VA- Sweeps around with feet quickly.
<ASwivels on one foot and swings his leg around.
Smash>A- Lifts his leg up close to his chest, then pushes out to smack the opponent with his foot.
Smash^A- Creates Phazon crystals in cannon and hand and they grow larger whil charged, then pushes up.
SmashVA- Raises cannon and hand over head and holds them togather, then brings them down with incredible force.
Dash A- Brings one shoulder back and swipes his hand out, then cannon, then arm.

N Air- Spins around in a blue blur.
>Air- Smacks his head forward.
VAir- Spins around and shoves his feet downwards.
<Air- Kicks his feet backwards.
^Air- Swings his arm up and makes a flash that can KO if hit right.

Jump- Crouches then leaps off the ground
Double jump- Spins backwards.
Walk- Walks heavily like in MP3.
Run: Sort of floats along the ground.
Crouch- Gets low and has one hand pushed out, one hand sticking out in the air.

Taunt^- Spins around in a circle while levitating in the air, then thrusts his arms out when he faces the screen.
Taunt>- Leans back and thrusts his hands out whil roaring.
Taunt<- Dissolves into Phazon particles with the visor still showing, then laughs.

Final Smash: Mutation- Dark Samus melts into a puddle of Phazon, and then Metroid Prime arises from it. He can then fire Ice (Y, acts like a freezy), Plasma (B, light opponent on fire and deals even more damage when hit with the beam), Power Beam (A, rapid fire), and Electricity (X, fires a constand beam of electricity the shocks the opponent). You aim and move with the control stick, and must jump by tapping up on the control stick.

Alternate Final Smash: Dark Echoes- Dark Samus seperates into three clones, and two attack like the regular Dark Samus, while the player controls the other one. The clones cannot be damaged, and Dark Samus can be sent flying, but not damaged.

1. Must I repeat this?

What if all we knew about were the starter veterans, Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, and Ike? If we didn't know so many of the characters, it'd sound much, much better when we saw the roster.

2. The delay had nothing to do with adding characters.

3. ROB may be weird, but so was Game & Watch. ROB is a new idea.

4. If what we've seen is the roster, I'll have gotten what I want out of the newcomers shown:

Wind Waker Link
Lucario

...And that's it.

I'm thoroughly disappointed that we got no Ridley, no Advance Wars rep, no Lolo, etc., especially when Star Fox is getting so much representation. However, I've been overall satisfied with the roster.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
for many people in this thread our main favourite charcters consist of dark samus and ridley.when we heard that sakurai would better represent the metroid series we believed at least one of those two would be playable, with either of them being playable we are all massivly disapointed

Patinator

Smash Champion
...:( NO... RIDLEY...

Wait just ONE. FLIPPING. SECOND. No... No Ridley?

....No... Ridl...

No... Ri....

NO... NO RIDLEY?!

AS IN... NO. RID. LEE?!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! SAKURAI, IF THIS LEAK IS TRUE, I. HATE. YOU. FOR. EVER.

RIDLEY>EVERY OTHER CHARACTER. BRAWL COULD HAVE ONLY ONE CHARACTER, RIDLEY, AND I'D BE HAPPY. WHY???

...I hate Sakurai...

:mad: :grr: :ouch: < Suckurai!!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If the roster leak is indeed 35, then wow...Sakurai and his developement team really lack any real creativity and imagination. Still, that's not going to stop me from getting this game. After all, Lucario is on it.

C'mmmmmon Dark Samus! It's time for you to be leaked and unveiled to the public!

DS 4 BRAWL!

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
Nooo!! Sorry mercenaries, I kept forgetting to vote for DS earlier because I HAAAATE the Smashboards now--it loads WAY too **** slowly for my tastes.

So yeah, that's part of why I don't pay much attention to posts because each click takes 1-3 minutes to load.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
i know that this roster isnt real.i mean sakurai isnt the one for making massvie dispointments.come on i mean

No Ridley
No Krystal
No Dark Samus
No Mega Man
No Geno
No Mewtwo
No Claus
etc

i mean all characters mostly wanted all been cut? this isnt right

Shuma

Smash Hero
Mostly wanted? the mostly wanted are confirmed, look at the Dojo, Sonic, Dedede, Diddy, Ike, Olimar, Wario.

Yeah, i hope the roster is not real, but like i sayd, preparre for the worst and brace for impact.

antimatter

Smash Lord
found a sakurai quote that could be interpreted in multiple ways:
"I can tell you that for everyone working on this game, the amount of content has been surprising to say the least."

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
found a sakurai quote that could be interpreted in multiple ways:
"I can tell you that for everyone working on this game, the amount of content has been surprising to say the least."
is this good or bad?
is he surpised that with how many people he has working on this he has got loads out of it or is he surprised that with the amount of people working on it that there isnt that much from what he believe he couldve had?

Why the Hell are you flaming Sakurai? The fact that you feel the need to insult him for not including Dark Samus shows that you only really care about your favorite franchises in Brawl.

Sakurai went all out by adding tons of new modes, fixing all the problems with Melee, an amazing story mode. He added Assist Trophies, Final Smashes, an unprecedented soundtrack for the series, a deep role-playing element, excellent visuals, etc. But because he fails in making everyone happy, he should be cut deeply for it? Sure, it's not the perfect roster, it's not going to make everyone happy, and Hell, three SF characters is simply too much. However, at no point does that make the roster bad. The fact that you call the guy who made Mr. Game & Watch, Olimar, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik, ROB (presumably), and Ice Climbers shows that the guy has imagination, and you should put your foot in your mouth before you make such a stupid statement.

Be happy with what you got. The Melee roster dreams of being as good as the Brawl one. You look at the number, and not the facts - will Ganondorf, Falco, Ness, Luigi, and Young Link lack new movesets? No chance. Did we get many, many characters? Yes. I hate to be rude, but it's insulting to call yourself a Smash fan and call Sakurai unimaginative. Sakurai has done things to Brawl that Melee never did, and you insult him just because he didn't put the character you wanted in, ignoring anything imaginative he DID with Brawl?

If you hate the roster and don't even care about anything else, I guess you shouldn't even buy Brawl then.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
i know that this roster isnt real.i mean sakurai isnt the one for making massvie dispointments.come on i mean

No Ridley
No Krystal
No Dark Samus
No Mega Man
No Geno
No Mewtwo
No Claus
etc

i mean all characters mostly wanted all been cut? this isnt right
If the characters above are not playable in Brawl, (ESPECIALLY DARK SAMUS) then this game is gonna feel kinda....incomplete to me. That and a piece of myself will die if DS isn't in the game.

Still gonna purchase it nonetheless.:grin:

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Why the Hell are you flaming Sakurai? The fact that you feel the need to insult him for not including Dark Samus shows that you only really care about your favorite franchises in Brawl.

Sakurai went all out by adding tons of new modes, fixing all the problems with Melee, an amazing story mode. He added Assist Trophies, Final Smashes, an unprecedented soundtrack for the series, a deep role-playing element, excellent visuals, etc. But because he fails in making everyone happy, he should be cut deeply for it? Sure, it's not the perfect roster, it's not going to make everyone happy, and Hell, three SF characters is simply too much. However, at no point does that make the roster bad. The fact that you call the guy who made Mr. Game & Watch, Olimar, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik, ROB (presumably), and Ice Climbers shows that the guy has imagination, and you should put your foot in your mouth before you make such a stupid statement.

Be happy with what you got. The Melee roster dreams of being as good as the Brawl one. You look at the number, and not the facts - will Ganondorf, Falco, Ness, Luigi, and Young Link lack new movesets? No chance. Did we get many, many characters? Yes. I hate to be rude, but it's insulting to call yourself a Smash fan and call Sakurai unimaginative. Sakurai has done things to Brawl that Melee never did, and you insult him just because he didn't put the character you wanted in, ignoring anything imaginative he DID with Brawl?

If you hate the roster and don't even care about anything else, I guess you shouldn't even buy Brawl then.
no we arn't complaining at the fact that dark samus isn't in brawl what we are complaining like almost every other smash boarder that there is

No Ridley
No Krystal
No Dark Samus
No Mega Man
No Geno
No Mewtwo
No Claus

as playable

so i make my stand

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
We aren't flaming Sakurai, Snitch. Of course he's imaginative, and we applaud him for his efforts to make the game as good as it can be, but why can't we be disappointed if one of our favorite characters didn't get in? We're going to love the game nonetheless.

Oh, and this stage gives me a greater chance of my Phaaze stage being playable...

If the roster leak is indeed 35, then wow...Sakurai and his developement team really lack any real creativity and imagination. Still, that's not going to stop me from getting this game. After all, Lucario is on it.

Ahem

Stryks

Smash Hero
no we arn't complaining at the fact that dark samus isn't in brawl what we are complaining like almost every other smash boarder that there is

No Ridley
No Krystal
No Dark Samus
No Mega Man
No Geno
No Mewtwo
No Claus

as playable

so i make my stand
Eaxctly, my most wanted characters are on that list, wolf in the only lucky one to made it tough... yay...

And I have to say, that you just said it's not real because there's no proof...

Of course there's no proof -yet-, it can't be proven until that queensaki reveals the final roster.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord

Ahem
so you comment onto all of us for what someone else said?we all know of sakurais creativity and imagination hence the awsomeness of stages such as WarioWare, items like dragoon and the idea behind assist tropyhies.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

Ahem
STFU! I was caught up in the moment! You all cannot deny that you have had a love/hate relationship with Sakurai during the recent weeks. If you do, then you're a bold face liar!

DS 4 BRAWL!

STFU! I was caught up in the moment! You all cannot deny that you have had a love/hate relationship with Sakurai during the recent weeks. If you do, then you're a bold face liar!

DS 4 BRAWL!
I never freaked out at, insulted, or was angry with Sakurai for the roster. We got so many new characters - Hell, counting movesets instead of character spots, we've gotten 19 unique, newcoming characters. Compare that to Melee's unique characters, veterans and newcomers alike. 18 versus 20. That's an incredible amount of new characters, almost tying with the number of unique characters in Melee. Take into account that several veterans will get brand new movesets as well. Ask yourself - why shouldn't Ganondorf be considered basically a newcomer if he's got a new moveset? If they're going to make him an original character, he'll have to be built from the ground up. Same with Falco, and to a lesser extent, Luigi and Ness. Basically, they could have included Falco and Ganondorf with their clone movesets and focus on two new characters, but people would be thoroughly disappointed if they didn't become their own unique characters, Ganondorf especially.

We've gotten more than we could even ask for - Sakurai's put so much stuff into the game that anyone who complains is really being selfish. People were just like this with Mr. Game & Watch, and then when they found out that the six clones WERE clones, they were pissed.

Top Bottom