• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
yo hommies! im new to the smash boards and i just moved to tx.
quick story: When i went to the midnight release tourny at gamestop i was talking to a few people from the smash boards. When i told them my gammertag, they said that i am gonna have to fight some "Bluzaft" guy for the name "Blu" in tx lol.
Anyway nice to meet you guyz. I may be new but in all the years of smashing ive played ive never ran into anyone better than me, and ive had melee since day 1. I am looking for a "crew" in my area i can play some matches with so i figure this is a good place to start. Some info about me:

21 years old
Black Male
Peach Mainer for 7 years and counting!
I live in Desoto Tx
go to school at cedar valley cc
I AM A FING BEAST. Currently my peach is undefeated online, but i dont play wifi much and when i do its against scrubs.
email me at BluMilk@hotmail.com or call me at 972-223-8737 and ask for Blu if you want to get beasted.

note: I AM NOT A NOOB. If you really want some compitition hit me up. i wont dissapoint. Ive been doing my homework for month pre-release and have viewed almost ever video for peach posted and i truly believe, based on what ive seen, that im the BEST peach player currently out there. Hit me up.
peace.

i know this is rude but i just realized yall are playing today at bluzafts place. Can i come?

already man I go to the same school up at cvc . mabye if I see u I can get your code so we can play on line when I get it

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you can come, Wishes-He-Were-Blu. And you may also come and mm people, DoH.
wishes-he-were-blu lol. Ive been being called blu by friends and family for the better part of 5-6 years. I guess us having similar names wont be that big of an issue since you dont sound to enthused about playing brawl competitivly. I woulda came to your smashfest but i didnt read your post till about 12am :(

anyway, i wanted to know if you guys have heard of a group of smashers in the oakcliff area. Theres a ike, yoshi, and falco mainers in thier crew and i think ones name was J-rod. I met them at the midnight release and im trying to find them on the forums.

Fa-sho K.G. hit me up if you see me at school. Im usually there from 9-2 mondays and wednsdays. I got shoulder length dreads; you can find me smoking a black at the green tabels in between classes. If you see me say wuzzup.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
BluMilk, we're called "BKM". And the Yoshi Mainer is "J-Roc". I'm RoK, The big fat *** black dude that wore the wierd hat. We're the group you're talking about. The Falco Main is Jimmy (Falco 4 Life) but he just recently joined our crew, he was solo at the time =] Sup?!

I mean, the one on Ganon lane right?

That's the Ike on the right (me) and the Yoshi main on the left. Look familar? BTW, I went on to win districts! =D!

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
anyway, i wanted to know if you guys have heard of a group of smashers in the oakcliff area. Theres a ike, yoshi, and falco mainers in thier crew and i think ones name was J-rod. I met them at the midnight release and im trying to find them on the forums.

QUOTE]

the falco mainer would be me haha. i recently joined BKM

oh i didn't see that RoK answered that my bad heh

WratH of Aries36

Smash Apprentice
Say Hare, Those matches were fun as **** We gotta do it again haha

p.s I Thk u got the best Wolf i've seen yet

and Welcome to the dallas thread BluMilk (Bluezeft + Milkshake = BluMilk) Lmao J/K

leapinghare

Smash Cadet
aries: yeah man, that was great...

your z-suit samus is ridiculous! you move like your playing with melee physics sometimes, which is too scary...

call/text/post when ya wanna play sometime. 972 922 9289

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
LeapingHare: Best Wolf eh? I think you need to play me, because so far Ratatat has the best wolf I've seen, so we need to see. =] BEST IKE IN DALLAS!

Bwett1: We need to play soon. I was off my game the day I played to you, but yesterday I was a BEAST. Seriously, smacked a few smashers around and was serving up multiple 3/4 stocks. It was fuggin' EPIC. Period. I swear, the way I **** these smashers outta be illegal.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Bwett, Jeremy, UTD Zac, Ice (& associate), and Sevens came. It was a lot of fun (mainly because there was a TV for Melee), but that doesn't mean Felix isn't a cretin.

Bwett: Best Roy in Dallas, Best Ike in Dallas, AND Best Zamus in the 75080 area!!!??? I think so.

(for anyone who doesn't know, Bwett was messing Rok's face up in Ike dittos. NO JOHNS, Rok!)

Sevens thinks Memento is a chick flick.

felix45

Smash Lord
:(

I really wanted to come I promise!

I'm going to assume you dont want to put something else together seeing as I didn't make it to something I wanted >.>

well if anyone wants to play (and not online) just post in here or message me on aim or something.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Hai gais, is anything going on this weekend?

Sorry I couldn't come, Bluebie :( I was at work until midnight.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Something better be happening this weekend. :(

There WAS a LAN place opening up and it had 360s, PS Triples AND good chairs + air conditioning like right across the street from my house. My friend said he talked to the owner and said he was a gamer himself (duh). I began to **** bricks cause I assumed he would be cool enough to let us host biweeklies (as long as he got part of the money of course), but the stupid landlord made them close it down. tearz

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Gigi and I made some faithfulish remakes of pokestad battlefield and FD. Too bad you can't use customs online. If you have any fun stages send them over and I'll do likewise. Distant Planet FTW!

In the near future I'll be giving 30 Euros worth of input about Melee vs. Brawl which I'm sure everyone will be excited about :p The irrational bias in previous posts were mind numbing.

Hey Scav! I miss your presence. I named my cat after you.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Bwett, Jeremy, UTD Zac, Ice (& associate), and Sevens came. It was a lot of fun (mainly because there was a TV for Melee), but that doesn't mean Felix isn't a cretin.

Bwett: Best Roy in Dallas, Best Ike in Dallas, AND Best Zamus in the 75080 area!!!??? I think so.

(for anyone who doesn't know, Bwett was messing Rok's face up in Ike dittos. NO JOHNS, Rok!)

Sevens thinks Memento is a chick flick.
Bwett did okay. I doubt he could win any other day. That was the same day my Grandma's leg got amputated =D So; I lost that day to him and Kirk. >_O I am the BEST IKE. in Dallas, I am the best Roy in Dallas.

Blue, you continue to attempt to make it seem like I'm either not good; or that others surpass me on my chosen chraracter continuously. Sounds like you need to try and stop me; scared? =]. Besides; currently they consider the best Ike Kirk and I was messing him up yesterday, but I think he was off his game that day as well; so we'll see at a later date. ;D

BTW, When someone has a Brawlfest, lemme know. I need to practice to take regionals ;D

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
BluMilk, we're called "BKM". And the Yoshi Mainer is "J-Roc". I'm RoK, The big fat *** black dude that wore the wierd hat. We're the group you're talking about. The Falco Main is Jimmy (Falco 4 Life) but he just recently joined our crew, he was solo at the time =] Sup?!

I mean, the one on Ganon lane right?

That's the Ike on the right (me) and the Yoshi main on the left. Look familar? BTW, I went on to win districts! =D!
Ah ok i remember you guyz now. I was the dude with the dreads that was tring to get in your crew. Dude what happened to jimmy hosting a spring break smashfest? J-rod was supposed to call me.

ANYWAYZ, i have to play you this weekend. F'ing call me so i can peach-pwn you like the guy at the tourny lol.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
So, like, anyone up for some, like, online Brawls? </jeremy>

My comp broke down (again...) so all I got is Brawls. I finished the book I was reading so I'm bored since I can't do much w/ a Wii browser.

BTW WHAT HAPPENED TO FIRE?

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
Ah ok i remember you guyz now. I was the dude with the dreads that was tring to get in your crew. Dude what happened to jimmy hosting a spring break smashfest? J-rod was supposed to call me.

ANYWAYZ, i have to play you this weekend. F'ing call me so i can peach-pwn you like the guy at the tourny lol.

i would this saturday but i can't cause i'm baby sitting my neighbor dog for $30 :chuckle:
i prolly could of planned it all better but i kinda got my days mixed up and i thought the tx gamer thing was this saturday so yea my bad heh

HGZero

Smash Apprentice
I took a poll in my apt and we all agree, (me and the bugs I sub lease too) that I am still the best Samus in the 75252. So the 080's can go suck it.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hey, what's up guys? I'm new to the boards, not-so-new to the Smash scene. If any of you have ever been to the Gaming Center in southwest Fort Worth you've probably met me. I'm looking to step up into professional level Smash and I'm looking for new people to play; my friend code is 0044-2501-3864 for anyone interested.

:psycho: <---- I lol'd @ this.

Edit - Also, if anyone could tell me somewhere near-ish to North Richland Hills to play people, that'd be awesome.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
someone please play me in melee. ive only got play little hawk for the past 2 weeks and its getting old. im tired of this scrub game where its better to stand in one spot than to approach someone at all. i refuse to not approach. noob *** boring game.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You should've come yesterday to play Melee with me. I kept having to use my menacing powers of peer pressure to get people to stop playing Rolling and switch to the other TV to play Wavedashing.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
i guess i figured it was gonna be all brawl and i didn't want to spoil things with my brawl hateness. next time there's a gathering i will try my best to attend for that melee tv.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
call me lucky i guess cause i have yet to run into anybody that was overly gay with there projectiles. I can see why alot of melee vets have issues with brawl, but for me, at the end of the day, i enjoy a balanced game more than anything; v.s. the marth/shiek/fox gayness of melee. And since when was long range combat not a ligit strategy? How is this any different from when you get sniped in halo or call of duty. Your opponent has a weapon with more range than you, so you get killed. Does that make him anymore gay than someone using a sword in melee/brawl? At least in brawl there does seem to be a counter for everything, so the only real issue would be if there wasnt any counter for pits arrows.

oh and pikachu can crawl under arrows btw. Bluezaft i dont see why you get so offended by campers when your pika matches up pretty well against it.

just my 2 cents.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Blumilk, we've already been through this. I don't see why you would go back 10 pages, read about that, and then NOT read its conclusion. I called camping with Pit 'unbeatable' which was OBVIOUSLY an exaggeration, but there was some truth to it in that camping is way too powerful in Brawl...actually just not moving at all is probably the best strategy in this game.

Congratulations on being the second person to tell me that there are ways around it if I try hard enough, as if I needed to be told that! The point is that I don't care about the game ANYWAY. I can get around the camping, sure, but it's a lot harder than Melee, and at that point the game BECOMES getting around the projectile camping. That's horribly unfun and I'm not going to do it because the fun Brawl provides is tenuous at best in the first place.

Take my match vs. Ice at Thursday's smashfest. His Olimar vs my Pikachu on Battlefield. He started just standing under a platform and throwing his henchmen at me, and for nearly 2 solid minutes I did everything I could think of to get through it. Pikmin stop my jolt, he could punish my rolls, couldn't get close enough to shield, he could smash through my aerials, he was too small to get hit by a jolt traveling along the platform above him, etc. For 2 minutes. I eventually settled on standing on the opposite platform and taunting and Ice seemed totally cool with that, like he was having the time of his life just standing there throwing Pikmin. But that isn't fun for me.

Do you understand? So can you please drop it so I don't have to explain all this again?

Oh, and your speculation that Brawl is balanced is totally unfounded. That's wishful thinking. Try playing a good DDD/Game&Watch/Olimar.

EDIT: Hey, I'd MM you without Marth/Sheik/Fox gayness too. Maybe even Peach dittos!

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I found it funny hearing of Marth/Sheik/Fox gayness with the great exception of the Queen of Gayness, Peach. The Herbivores would love to show some low tier love. I'm pretty sure by your previous assertions that I'll beat you with like 7 non top tier characters. Skill balances up Melee beautifully except at the very top of levels.

Jayku the Snakeooh got good at brawl in 15 minutes. It was even but hard as hell to beat him with kirby. (crawling/ducking failed epically for arrows) But that walk and shield thing worked fine. Then I went to my Beast Princess Zelda and Nayru's Love happily reflected them. Still hardly could beat him. His Pit was scurry.

I agree completely that standing is Rtardly effective with the powerful everything characters have. Good thing I haven't played a great Olimar/DDD/whoever else is god tier yet so I don't hate brawl yet.

Rage come out of the mists! Rbrave come hither. Snake Mason and I are gonna play Melee soon.

3millionth Edit: People get AIM. Use GAIM or something if you hate the crappy official program. I always miss everyone online. Aries we missed eachother by like 5 minutes last night :dizzy: silasgrae0 = AIM SN

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
Bwett did okay. I doubt he could win any other day. That was the same day my Grandma's leg got amputated =D So; I lost that day to him and Kirk. >_O I am the BEST IKE. in Dallas, I am the best Roy in Dallas.

Blue, you continue to attempt to make it seem like I'm either not good; or that others surpass me on my chosen chraracter continuously. Sounds like you need to try and stop me; scared? =]. Besides; currently they consider the best Ike Kirk and I was messing him up yesterday, but I think he was off his game that day as well; so we'll see at a later date. ;D

BTW, When someone has a Brawlfest, lemme know. I need to practice to take regionals ;D
wtf? a leg amputation. u jus can't help it can u lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom