• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
lol at blumilk....... bluezaft and milkshake..... now thats just straight imba!

and aries that was my friend playing... hes ok lol.. i was hittin up some pokemon pearl for the ds...... my god that game is awesome... and i really need to actually play u for real!.... it seems everytime i play sasri is on lol.. and the one time u were on, i didnt play lol, o well we'll get it right

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
Blumilk, we've already been through this. I don't see why you would go back 10 pages, read about that, and then NOT read its conclusion. I called camping with Pit 'unbeatable' which was OBVIOUSLY an exaggeration, but there was some truth to it in that camping is way too powerful in Brawl...actually just not moving at all is probably the best strategy in this game.

Congratulations on being the second person to tell me that there are ways around it if I try hard enough, as if I needed to be told that! The point is that I don't care about the game ANYWAY. I can get around the camping, sure, but it's a lot harder than Melee, and at that point the game BECOMES getting around the projectile camping. That's horribly unfun and I'm not going to do it because the fun Brawl provides is tenuous at best in the first place.

Take my match vs. Ice at Thursday's smashfest. His Olimar vs my Pikachu on Battlefield. He started just standing under a platform and throwing his henchmen at me, and for nearly 2 solid minutes I did everything I could think of to get through it. Pikmin stop my jolt, he could punish my rolls, couldn't get close enough to shield, he could smash through my aerials, he was too small to get hit by a jolt traveling along the platform above him, etc. For 2 minutes. I eventually settled on standing on the opposite platform and taunting and Ice seemed totally cool with that, like he was having the time of his life just standing there throwing Pikmin. But that isn't fun for me.

Do you understand? So can you please drop it so I don't have to explain all this again?

Oh, and your speculation that Brawl is balanced is totally unfounded. That's wishful thinking. Try playing a good DDD/Game&Watch/Olimar.

EDIT: Hey, I'd MM you without Marth/Sheik/Fox gayness too. Maybe even Peach dittos!

yea i did read the conclusion; the point i was trying to point out was:

1)at least you use a character with a decent chance against it (my peach doest have anything extra to help against projectiles) so it could be worse. Obviously you dont need to be told there are ways around it......

2) every strat is fair play to me until proven broken. So since Mario/Zelda/Ness/Lucas/G&W/Fox/Falco/Wolf/etc. all have Anti-projectile moves i dont think that projectile camping or anything else will ever be completly broken.

3) I think brawl was made to be more match-up based than anything; or at least way more than melee. Some characters were made to have an advantage over others. Tho i think it goes full circle; no one character has an advantage over everyone. Thus sakuria saying there not being a need for tiers.....

4) I wasnt saying Marth/Sheik/Fox gayness was unbeatable or anything just pointing out that they were top-tier for a reason.
about your match vs ice:
lol now that sounds pretty gay. Its not that there wasnt anything you could do you were just upset that someone could be such a ***** and be somewhat succesful with it.

And then again i could be completly wrong. Ill be the first one to flame something unfair so im sure ill change my mind when/if i see for myself.

Oh and people: Stop asking me to money match you in melee. I never tried to compete professionaly in it and im not nieve enough to think that i could beat someone who has. Stop trying to take my money lol. Now MM'es for brawl im totaly down for.......

Kiraiya

Smash Rookie
Hey guys n00b reporting. My friend recently told me about these forums and im intrested in fighting some fellow DFW brawlers. Anyone up for a match?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Are you staying on campus or in an apt.? Is the UTD people still there this weekend, could have a smashfest somewhere there maybe?? If you can, go ahead and PM me your address.
I live on campus in an apartment. Personally, I don't want to hold a smashfest. Too much responsibility and hassle, along with the fact that I could be doing an online brawl tournament tomorrow, but if someone else wants to hold it, I'll come when I can. And yes, I would suppose most of the utd people are here this weekend.

Razor93

Smash Rookie
im new here, my friend F4L told me that i can find some people to play with online here my friend code is 1246 8378 8853

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
hey is there anyone whose not goin to the txgamers tourny like me. i really don't feel like goin out that far. so unless i can get a ride wit some people i'd like to have somethin at my house for all the people who don't wanna go out.

it'd jus be like a lil smashfest. but i'll only do it if i can get like atleast 7 or 8 people who can gurantee that they'll show. so far i got 1 and thats jumpman. if anybody else knows there not goin to this txgamer tourny and wanna still play some brawl and melee post so or hit me up.

Kiraiya

Smash Rookie
Some people prefer Brawl others prefer Melee. Thats all there is to it. I have no idea y ppl are trying to convert each other i dont see the point really. Theyre 2 difffrent games. Its like guitar hero vs, rock band. same concept different games. o well. ppl will always ***** about teching in melee and ***** about camping in brawl. No way around it. People need to remember that these are GAMES. srsly ppl yall takes these games alittle too seriously sometimes.

and thats the end of my first rant here.
To Melee players, brawl is a fun game to play around with friends with. Its not that good competitively due to the camping issue but i dont think that was its real intention so it makes sense.
To Brawl players, it takes a lot of training to get good in melee i myself have seen some incredible matchups. The tier thing really blows IMO but the gameplay is faster and more rushy. Melee is a game you have to take time and practice, practice, practice on so give the melee players some slack because competitively all this training is all for naught. Id be pissed too.

I myself enjoy brawl much more tahn melee but its all a fact of personal taste. Thank you and good night.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
1st infinity nice metaknight. thats the only character i really suck against. u can't edgeguard and each one of metaknights moves hit like 20 times lol. not to mention they all can be used as ways to get back on and not get hit ugh.

and to any who were thinkin bout goin to my hopefully thing on saturday my address is
1702 highgate
duncanville tx 75137
mapquest or google it.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
1st infinity nice metaknight. thats the only character i really suck against. u can't edgeguard and each one of metaknights moves hit like 20 times lol. not to mention they all can be used as ways to get back on and not get hit ugh.

and to any who were thinkin bout goin to my hopefully thing on saturday my address is
1702 highgate
duncanville tx 75137
mapquest or google it.
Like next Saturday? I'll be there if it is, yo.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
so nobody will get confused i'm tlkin bout this saturday. the 29th. the same day as the tx gamers thing.

and sorry but if i do have a smashfest imma have to charge like 2 dollars entree fee. i should have snacks and ****

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
yoyo mr. I'm infinity I added you. Popo & Nana told me I need new opponents.

F4L; sup mangz. About 75% chance of me going to your smashfest. My friend might want to go, and since he is my ride I go where he goes. But things can change in a week. I'll have a definite answer by Thursday, if not Friday.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
ok 1st razor u noob don't double post lol. there's an edit button on your post so u don't have to repost.

and ok so far i have.
kiraiya
jumpman
razor
blumilk
and possibly slacker and his friend.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
yoyo mr. I'm infinity I added you. Popo & Nana told me I need new opponents.

F4L; sup mangz. About 75% chance of me going to your smashfest. My friend might want to go, and since he is my ride I go where he goes. But things can change in a week. I'll have a definite answer by Thursday, if not Friday.
slacker how do u desync ( I know its mispelled) wit IC's since the simple spot dodge has been depleted?

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
slacker how do u desync ( I know its mispelled) wit IC's since the simple spot dodge has been depleted?
Yeah man desynchs a ***** at first, but it's simple muscle memory once you got it. You can desynch still with up+b to ledge or if you get hit, like in Melee. I used to do like pivot grabs or basically pivot anything. Like dash forward, pivot around and do b while Nana comes back.

Now I do a Z-roll (z and roll back at same time) and that seperates Nana and Popo real quick. It's alot easier than pivotting, ESPECIALLY online!

I hardly ever effectively desynch (only to show off & approach lol :p), since most of the time I'm being a gay and doing annoying grab combos. Which I'm sure the people I've played completely despise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom