• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
yea good one Infinity bro you cold and do u know what i need work on?
Yeah dude, the way you roll is really predictable. You also got a really good setup but instead of following it through you kept trying to run to the other side of the stage; try being a bit more aggressive next time you play someone and see how it works.

Razor93

Smash Rookie
Yeah dude, the way you roll is really predictable. You also got a really good setup but instead of following it through you kept trying to run to the other side of the stage; try being a bit more aggressive next time you play someone and see how it works.
oh okay then i see what u mean by that and u mean i should practice more sidestep and more different ways to roll right? and also i didn't understand when u meant to run to the other side of the stage and be more aggressive can u re-explain it?

Razor93

Smash Rookie
Yeah man desynchs a ***** at first, but it's simple muscle memory once you got it. You can desynch still with up+b to ledge or if you get hit, like in Melee. I used to do like pivot grabs or basically pivot anything. Like dash forward, pivot around and do b while Nana comes back.

Now I do a Z-roll (z and roll back at same time) and that seperates Nana and Popo real quick. It's alot easier than pivotting, ESPECIALLY online!

I hardly ever effectively desynch (only to show off & approach lol :p), since most of the time I'm being a gay and doing annoying grab combos. Which I'm sure the people I've played completely despise.

oh hey slacker what did u think of the match between me and you? and your real good with the ice climbers

Quarter

Smash Cadet
Are yall experiencing that annyoing lag that i've been having trouble with on wifi?
Thats the main thing that i can't stand about matches on wifi, it screws with my head.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
oh hey slacker what did u think of the match between me and you? and your real good with the ice climbers
Your TL: Spam his projectiles; it's what makes you good at Brawl. I don't LIKE facing a spammer, but you're TL and you're gonna have to do it in order to frustrate and mindgame your opponents into x2 d-air and dsmashes (add some fsmashes in there too). Otherwise your tiny little sword isn't gonna do much alone unless you're F4L.

felix45

Smash Lord
GG Felix and Bwett1, we got to have some good matches in Brawl in. Bwett1 #1 Ike user in DFW!!! Ohhhh mannnn, that Ike is serious!!!!

yeah ggs bwett and yumcha

haha that one time playing melee was bad... I kept trying to run off then turn around edge hog in melee and it just didnt work lol :p

bwett showing dallas why he's king! best ike in dallas!

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Playing ICE and Slacker gives me the urge to get wobbled by K.G. in friendlies. Or maybe play Bluezaft's marth or DoH/UTD Zac's peach with space animals. Rage bring melee over and beat my Bowser over and over again with falco. Anything but this.

Razor93

Smash Rookie
Your TL: Spam his projectiles; it's what makes you good at Brawl. I don't LIKE facing a spammer, but you're TL and you're gonna have to do it in order to frustrate and mindgame your opponents into x2 d-air and dsmashes (add some fsmashes in there too). Otherwise your tiny little sword isn't gonna do much alone unless you're F4L.
so should i change the spamming of my projectiles then? Also, what did u mean by mindgame your opponets into x2 d-air? care to explain.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
so should i change the spamming of my projectiles then? Also, what did u mean by mindgame your opponets into x2 d-air? care to explain.
Basically force them to come to you then hit them with your d-air and then again when you "pop up" from hitting them.

Also, EWW WOBBLING.

Bwett

Smash Ace
yeah ggs bwett and yumcha

haha that one time playing melee was bad... I kept trying to run off then turn around edge hog in melee and it just didnt work lol :p

bwett showing dallas why he's king! best ike in dallas!
Great matches, dude felix your metaknight is beastly. Just wait though, I'll be bringing some banana destruction onto the playing field next time. Yum-cha, just like in summer. Definitely can't wait for the next time. Btw felix I'm adding you for online.

O yeah, bluezaft, put my code on the front page :( I feel so left out and lonely lol

Razor93

Smash Rookie
Basically force them to come to you then hit them with your d-air and then again when you "pop up" from hitting them.

Also, EWW WOBBLING.
what u mean by wobbling and also u ready for a second round then? So i should keep spamming my projectiles right?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Playing ICE and Slacker gives me the urge to get wobbled by K.G. in friendlies. Or maybe play Bluezaft's marth or DoH/UTD Zac's peach with space animals. Rage bring melee over and beat my Bowser over and over again with falco. Anything but this.
LMFAO play me tomorrow?

Edit: sigging that lol

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
I hardly ever effectively desynch (only to show off & approach lol :p), since most of the time I'm being a gay and doing annoying grab combos. Which I'm sure the people I've played completely despise.

Oooooo so so true haha.

and razor i can give u tips on slacker when i play u. but i can tell u now the best thing and hardest to do wit him is to get in close. sure if your to slow you'll get grabbed and flogged wit hammers but if your quick enough the reward is good haha

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice

lol, that made me laugh

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
"Playing ICE and Slacker gives me the urge to get wobbled by K.G. in friendlies. Or maybe play Bluezaft's marth or DoH/UTD Zac's peach with space animals. Rage bring melee over and beat my Bowser over and over again with falco. Anything but this." (poot the box)

lol, that made me laugh...

I played brawl then went back to melee, and used my up-b with marth and was faced the other way and dnt grab the ledge....BOOOOO
i love this **** game

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
Dude slacker, got some mean ice climbers. Really liked those grabs, but it didn't look like you were used to Ike lol

i know this is gonna sound like an excuse bwett but u kinda caught me at a bad time. i only played u to see how good of a signal i had wit u. see when i play brawl for a period of time it starts to bore me and i stop trying. u kinda caught me at that time.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
oh okay then i see what u mean by that and u mean i should practice more sidestep and more different ways to roll right? and also i didn't understand when u meant to run to the other side of the stage and be more aggressive can u re-explain it?
Spam projectiles, then use strong moves aggressively to kill people. Put yourself at a distance, make THEM close the gap, then dodge around them a bit and hit them with a solid smash move instead of spamming tilt attacks :p

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
omg falco ive heard some really bad bad johns but that was pretty bad lol.... i also had 6 broken fingers last time i played me, u so u REALLY caught me at a bad time lol

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You caught me at a bad time, my shirt was uncomfortable and I couldn't play right.

You can get out of IC's throw => forward-air by DIing away and air-dodging, but it's hard on laggy wifi. Reason #223 why I don't play online. Reason #46 is trying so hard to recover with Pikachu and failing, and Reason #1 is that it's Brawl.

Hey Bwett, I just finished my paper, how about you? Hope you've started.

Oh yeah, there was a Melee tournament last night at UTD. I didn't mention it because it was a fundraiser and the entry fee was $15, and I didn't hear about it until the day before, and I thought the prize for 1st was a copy of Brawl, so I figured no one would want to go. But as it turns out the prize for 1st was a Wii, which is sitting in my room right now. There were 45 entrants and like 5th place got prizes ($25 to gamestop)...sooooooo I really should have mentioned it. I apologize for that.

On a totally unrelated note, anyone want to buy a Wii for the prices they're going for on eBay? I'll sell it for $270, who wants it?

At the tournament some guy wearing a shirt with PIKA made in the PUMA logo style, with Pikachu in the position of the puma. I almost traded him my Wii for it.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I am currently about to finish...I am on the 2 page one and I really don't care about it at all...you should see the bs...it flows so well lol. But yeah, the entire question is from that one sexual strategies sheet except for the group care crap. Definitely started earlier on it though, didn't want a repeat of last time lol.

On a finer note, f4l, it's all good. I don't really hold wins over peoples' heads on wifi, let alone at all unless you're mean lol. We can just play later.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
haha i know its a bad excuse but its true. i dont make many excuses i usually except my defeat. but yea bwett ike doesn't usually give me trouble but **** u play so much different than RoK's ike. your so unaggresive haha i was really confused.

but yea i'm goin to sleep i need to get up and right my paper for school early lol

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Dude slacker, got some mean ice climbers. Really liked those grabs, but it didn't look like you were used to Ike lol
Yeeeaaahhh. You were the first good Ike I've played. I'm used to being aggressive, but I need to learn to remember Ike's SA. Too good

And bule-zap shut up about ways to beat ICs. I'm finally beating people and here you telling my secrets. :( The only reason I spam d-throw->fair is cause even w/ lag, the timing isn't too hard. For CGs like bthrow its hard cause the timing is precise and varies cause of lag + weight. It's super easy offline though ;)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I am currently about to finish...I am on the 2 page one and I really don't care about it at all...you should see the bs...it flows so well lol. But yeah, the entire question is from that one sexual strategies sheet except for the group care crap. Definitely started earlier on it though, didn't want a repeat of last time lol.
I used all my researching energies on the 2-page one, which was ******** in hindsight since that's the one graded by the TA. For the others I practically copied and pasted from the lecture notes.

Now to start studying for my test tomorrow!

I should probably mention smash in some way.

Um.

:pikachu2::pikachu: :025:

bluezaft

The True Zaft
It's yours. Still in its box and everything.
EDIT: Maybe you'd also want the copy of Brawl Zac won? I'm not sure if he's returned it yet (they gave us receipts).

I was thinking about practicing for the Brawl half of the tournament saturday. I'm not sure it's worth it. How depressing is it that I stopped playing smash after Brawl came out?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I was thinking about practicing for the Brawl half of the tournament saturday. I'm not sure it's worth it. How depressing is it that I stopped playing smash after Brawl came out?
If you want to practice you should hop on and play with me later. If not then stay out of my tournament so I can win it :psycho:

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna play some quick matches?

Also, bwett, you going to the tourney? Melee & Brawl? You're the only person I'm worried about. I guess bule zap too, but he will probably be too depressed to enter the Brawl one and will eat a PB&J sandwich in the corner instead (again); so I'll reign victor on that. Hopefully.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
i am infinity- playin u sucks cause my mario gets his *** beat. but i think my toon link can take u now. its done it before and all i think i gotta do is use my projectables more and be more aggressive.

lol i tell u my strategy cause thats how confident i am. be ready for alot of weapons and sword coming at u

Razor93

Smash Rookie
thanks F4L and I_Am_Infinity i will use those advice to the best of my ablities and F4L u think you can still make it to my house on Friday then so i can show u what i got? and I_Am_Infinity u think we can play about 10 rounds on Friday if that is cool with u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom