• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
"Brawl is way more fun than melee ever was"

FALSE, Rok honestly get real.

The fun thing about melee was all the advanced techniques that u HAD to learn and perfect to win, in melee the better player won every match, in brawl no matter who ive played weve split the matches about 50/50 every time, there really at the end of the day takes very little skill to win at brawl where in melee the one who mastered each and every technical skill won the majority of the matches..... there is a reason the best melee player in existence knickname is "the robot" because of his technical skill, Melee was such a accidentally perfect game and nintendo went and fixed something that wasnt even close to being broken....... But congrats on winning round 2! lol gl in the near future

and this spyda guy is clueless

Smash Journeyman
It is impossible for brawl to EVER live up to melee! The line between pro and noob is way to fine for me to play competatively. it is really fun though! and blue... if you want to play someone who doesnt spam crap and tries to do technical man to man brawl, then play me!

Weekly ssbMelee smashfests. Confirmed... 7734, runningbrave, poot, rage! The only problem is that Sunday's are my only day off!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is a little late but....

Bluezaft: With Pika you should crawl under Pit's arrows, I'm pretty sure that works >_>

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
7734: Man, I crashed last night. My apologies for the no-show. I'll try and make my way over today. Mewtwo vs DK is fun.

pootTheBox (God of Warp): Come out of hiding and bring my Wiimote/Classic controller with you. I think I can defeat you. Text/Call/Post. Let's play today clown.

RAGE (Prince of Light): I think I can defeat you as well. Text/Call/Post. Let's play today clown.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Oh please, Milkshake MM Melee. Anyday. I'll double your amount you go against. We will see who is clueless.

And also, Brawl>Melee. You want to know why?

from this thread
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152454

OK. I am tired of seeing things like Brawl<Melee or Brawl physics suck.
Point blank if you do not like Brawl, DO NOT PLAY IT. It is that simple.
Do not argue that Melee's amazing advance techs. and physics are superior to brawl.
What made them more superior? Because it was slightly faster? I was not by any means a PRO player, but I did do adv. techs and one of my real life best friends was Gimpyfish and I played with him all the time, so do not count me off as some "noob" that didn't know his way around Melee.

I find Brawl to actually be MORE competitive than Melee. It requires much more thinking and planning out, like another fighting game that comes to mind, SSF 3rd Strike. While I know comparing two different games is quite hard, at least hear me out.

I have noticed, while playing my friends who were scrubs at Melee, they continue to be scrubs, but also told me that we would all be on a level playing field in Brawl. It may have held true for the first few hours, but once I got the hang of the game's new physics, I started to embarrass them. Not because I had my amazing dash forward, WD back, wait for them to miss on a forward smash, and come in and punish them; but instead I continue to play smarter than them and was trying to out predict their moves. The more I played, the better I got and the more the gap widened.

Then, when I play the guys who WERE good at Melee, both tech-wise and mind-game wise, I found myself getting pretty good matches and even getting completely slaughtered.

It is simply the art of playing smart and actually having to TRY to be better than the other person. You cannot simply walk in and expect to out Tech your opponent and have them being left in the dust anymore (well for now until something is discovered). You have to play smart and try to think out your moves before you just mindless try to pummel someone.

I know I will get a lot of flames and disagreements, but if you can fully articulate why and what you think is better/worst, please by all means, post it and I will try my best to reply with a well-thought out counter-argument. I am not here to troll or bash on anyone, I would just simply like some smart and constructive criticism on my theory and thoughts on Brawl>Melee and vice versa.

Thanks.

Trust me. Mind skill>OMG MY FINGER CAN HIT X+R+DIRECTION DOWNBACK

Jumpman23

Smash Cadet
Who is this annoying spyda kid?

Seriously. He might as well be knocking at blue's door handing him pamphlets with all the converting he's trying to do.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Haha, maybe if he writes enough essays Brawl will suddenly become more fun.

This is a little late but....

Bluezaft: With Pika you should crawl under Pit's arrows, I'm pretty sure that works >_>
I thought of that this morning after thinking about all the adorable things about Pikachu, like I do every day. He can curve arrows downward, but it's probably harder.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You should try having one then. I tried having a couple but only one or two people came. Nobody seems to care. I won't be hosting anything anymore, but maybe you'll have better luck.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Felix, apparently this game is too easy/spamable omg I cant get past his arrows for the Dallas crew to play.

leapinghare

Smash Cadet
whats funny about most of the dallas melee players is that they dont get better...i never play melee and i can still hang with most of them. they just learn "cool" looking moves and do em after theyve already knocked me off a stage with like a forward smash haha, i guess just to show off that they spent 4 hrs in their room getting it down, and then not even use it to their advantage like your supposed to...besides blue, doh, runningbrave, poot, rage and a few others, most of yal suck...i beat yal using brawl style lol, just outsmarting yal...maybe thats why hare's a beast a brawl haha? brawl is a good game, i just wish they would of kept L-canceling cause it can feel kinda like a street fighter game sometimes...but i like it. i just hate seeing some of yal die hard melee players do some super fast combination of moves just so you can get a jab in and think your a badass, and then i just back throw, back air you to death and you act like that didnt count bc i didnt do some technical crap...haha so stop hating on brawl because you suck at it right now...cause the sad truth is, you spent weeks of your life trying to get as good as you can in melee and when brawl came out your back to "noob" status. you might as well just play brawl for fun bc most of yal arent that good at melee anyways...yah trick yah! haha btw much respect to those i named earlier and a few others...yal are some beasts at melee for sure, and def fun to watch...no disrespect to yal.

felix45

Smash Lord
no one wants to hold a smashfest? T_T

I cant have one here my parents already hate video games enough as is.

hey bluezaft if no one wants ot have a smashfest could I just like, come up some time this week? maybe we could get richard, marcus, fmatt, scav, and others too hopefully? dont a lot of people live up in plano area anyways? I know drew, chang, fmatt, silias, sintenal, richard, and marcus all played on saturday (possibly more people too?). so people are playing they just aren't posting when they are playing >.>

gah if I really have to I'll go find all their AIM s/ns and try to get something together.

well guys for real we need SOMEONE to have a smashfest. dont leave me dissatisfied dallas!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Felix - I'm only free maybe Wednesday evening, or after Friday morning. If you can get something together during then I would play/host.

whats funny about most of the dallas melee players is that they dont get better...i never play melee and i can still hang with most of them. they just learn "cool" looking moves and do em after theyve already knocked me off a stage with like a forward smash haha, i guess just to show off that they spent 4 hrs in their room getting it down, and then not even use it to their advantage like your supposed to...besides blue, doh, runningbrave, poot, rage and a few others, most of yal suck...i beat yal using brawl style lol, just outsmarting yal...maybe thats why hare's a beast a brawl haha? brawl is a good game, i just wish they would of kept L-canceling cause it can feel kinda like a street fighter game sometimes...but i like it. i just hate seeing some of yal die hard melee players do some super fast combination of moves just so you can get a jab in and think your a badass, and then i just back throw, back air you to death and you act like that didnt count bc i didnt do some technical crap...haha so stop hating on brawl because you suck at it right now...cause the sad truth is, you spent weeks of your life trying to get as good as you can in melee and when brawl came out your back to "noob" status. you might as well just play brawl for fun bc most of yal arent that good at melee anyways...yah trick yah! haha btw much respect to those i named earlier and a few others...yal are some beasts at melee for sure, and def fun to watch...no disrespect to yal.
None of Dallas' 3 best (during school)--DoH, UTD Zac, and me--played Melee technically at all. We all just play smart and don't even bother learning super fast techs and whatnot. I don't know if you've played Zac yet, but we all pretty much **** in Brawl too.

And yet, despite being able to beat most people, I still find Brawl boring at times. You are making the wrong assumption here. I don't like Brawl as much because it's a dull game, not because I can't feel superior to others at a video game. A lot of people found learning and doing those crazy tech tricks really fun, it's natural for them not to like Brawl as much if they can't do them. That's a legitimate worry, don't knock people because they like games for different reasons than you.

felix45

Smash Lord
ok guys tomorrow I'm going to bug the **** out of everyone for a smashfest on wednesday. be prepared! come to a smashfest! you must!

SO! if you have this week off and want to play brawl on wednesday, start confirming in this thread whether or not you want to/will be able to come!

I'll be there more than likely. unless parents pull some gay **** I'll be there on wednesday.

leapinghare

Smash Cadet
yeah i know what you mean blue, and im in no way saying brawl is a better game than melee...all im saying is i get tired of people bashing it just simply cause its not melee...its obviously a much different game than melee and ssb64 were by design...those 2 games were actually really similar, brawl is just a whole new game. i enjoy not have some super fast falco, pillar me across the stage while lasering me on aproach, leaving me pretty much helpless sometimes. ive always liked the way you play blue, you have no wasted movement or attacks...everything you do has purpose and helps you win...too many melee players think theyre silent wolf or something. they think theyre hot ish in a champagne glass...when really theyre cold diarrhea in a dixie cup. i respect players like fire, who wasnt good when i played him like a year ago. now i can barely beat him , when back when i could charge roy's b at the end of the stage and win (lol jk fire). but unlike most players i see, instead of just learning cool looking maneuvers and combinations, he studied the game and improved a whole hell of a lot, and probably still is improving. before brawl is condemned i think we need to wait a little while. if ike were in melee his 3 hit jab wouldnt do jack...but in a completely different game like brawl...its actually really effective. its not stupid to do falcon kick across the stage, hit someone with fox's quick attack, lay traps with samus' bombs, or dash attack often like it was in melee...its a completely new game in the sense of the moves we use. ya feel me?

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
lol thnx aries.... sorry i didnt play u earlier but i played for like an hour and got bored.

and spyda, i never questioned your skill i just questioned your judgement. im sure u could beat me at melee and ur making my point, u would beat me because u r the better MELEE player but u wouldnt beat me half as bad at brawl..... less skill...... if playing brawl "requires much more thinking and planning out" ill be glad to play u in a nice game of battleship!....... U SUNK MY BATTLESHIP SPYDA..... no but seriously, no one wants you in the dallas thread so i think im speaking on the behalf of dallas by saying please leave....... for your own sake before rok gets to read ur post lol

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Rawr, check me out, all poppin in outta nowhere.
Pit's arrows, crawling under, etcetc
Yeah, its not really hard for pit to curve the arrows to hit a crawling character =/
I've had a pretty good level of success with just powershielding the arrows though, and I just started doing it today (with practice = amazing???). I've got the Y button mapped to Shield to get around the whole L/R buttons having to be pushed all the way down. Walking and powershielding seems to work better than running now, too, since the shield doesn't like to come up too often whilst in the running animations.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't reflecting the arrows as Fox/Falco/Wolf work, or maybe absorbing them via Lucas/Ness? Hell, I wouldn't put it past R.O.B. to give Pit a taste of his own medicine. Besides, all the neutral stages are rather tiny anyway.

I have yet to play an arrow spammer myself, but I'm sure there's a way around it. If proven wrong...well I'll admit defeat.

WratH of Aries36

Smash Apprentice
sup taco long time no play

Oh yea btw where is !!!POOT!!! haha i wanna play you

P.S all my lil brother does is spam pits arrows and I've found my way around it ;) but still
its annoying as **** so if u play me and and incounter a player by the name SASRI (reminder) not me cuz i dont spam :mad:

Spyda : i wanna whoop yo A** for spamimg Add me and get whooped:mad:
FC-4511-0123-1604

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
hey to all who played me. who do u think is better. my mario or falco. i know alot of combo wit mario i jus need to work on how to get them started so i don't get to repetitive.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Aries: If your brother is named Sasri or something; Yeah; he Pit arrow spam to infinity. I still wupp him with my Ike though; lawlz.

Sethlon: You were suppoed to be adding me but I guess you didn't so I took you off my friend code roster.

FALCO-4-Life: I'm saying Falco because you're FALCO 4 life o_o.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
FALCO-4-Life: I'm saying Falco because you're FALCO 4 life o_o.
well the thing is i had so much fun playin with the melee falco that its really not that enjoyable practicing and tryin to get better wit my combos wit the brawl falco. he's still a good character but jus not as fun.

haha i could tell u had problem with toon link. he's ****in strong, i didn't know that.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
haha i could tell u had problem with toon link. he's ****in strong, i didn't know that.
It's only cause just about every single one of his attacks attack twice. >:( Especially f-smash and d-air. **** a toon link.

When I saw you were Toon Link I was like "Hooray, easy!" because just about every single TL I've played just spams items, which is easy for me to avoid cause my cute little icebergs stop them<3. But noooo. A TL that actually uses his sword? omg?@ 'Twas a mindgame within a mindgame.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
haha yep i hate spammin stuff. and his cute lil shield reflects yo icebergs haha. and **** your IC's i can't combo on them like i can everyone else wit toon link.

felix45

Smash Lord
i dunno about you guys but the online lag w/ brawl sucks bawlz.

I cant play for **** online. is no one else like this?

plz I want to do a smashfest not sit here and play laggy matches online T_T

pleaaaase everyone go to bluezaft's on wednesday! anyone? please????

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
i dunno about you guys but the online lag w/ brawl sucks bawlz.

I cant play for **** online. is no one else like this?

plz I want to do a smashfest not sit here and play laggy matches online T_T

pleaaaase everyone go to bluezaft's on wednesday! anyone? please????
I would if I had a ride. hinthint

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
bluezaft should be a pioneer of abstract thought in chess like he was in melee just as wobbles discovered his own technique. lolzerpopsaaslfj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom