• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Good games to everyone that came over last night. Infinity and Ice...I'm totally johning my extremely poor performance on sleep deprivation lol.
That depends on what you mean by 'poor performance.'

If 'getting my Metaknight to the last stock and high percents in almost every game' is a 'poor performance' then ok, you can john if you want. :p

You were actually doing pretty good last night dude, you were getting some crazy spikes on Ice and you were doing a kickass job of mindgaming me.

Edit - Best thread title ever.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Since when does Zac play Smash? lol

That dude disappeared like something straight off of Ghost Hunters.
Huh? UTD Zac was one of the best peach players in Texas...

I don't recall him ever dissapearing.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So, I hear there are some people going to the Akon tournamentastic.

Some quick information:

Yes, it is single elimination. I know, that makes people teary-eyed (or tiery-eyed?), but given the size, resources and crowd of Akon, it is the best option. We want the event to be open to as many people as possible, so given the choice between a 32-person double elim, and a 128-person single elim, we went with the latter.

The tournament will be Singles. There may be a doubles tournament and/or a FFA tournament, depending on interest. Singles will begin at 1pm, Saturday,.

REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 11AM SATURDAY. You MUST be there promptly at 11 to ensure your spot. The tournament is capped at 128. Akon is a strange beast – in the past, we've had 128-person tournaments fill up in less than 30 minutes.

Oh, and items are off ;)

$5 registration; prize will be split 60/20/10/10. If we fill all 128 spots, the prizes will be $ 384/128/64/64. Not bad for a casual day at the con, eh?

I'll have more information posted tonight, including a preliminary ruleset. The finalized ruleset will be available as printouts at the con.

Executive Summary:
Akon Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament
Saturday, May 31
Registation: 11am
Tournament starts: 1pm
Format: 128-person Single Elimination
Items Off
Awesomeness On

Bwett

Smash Ace
Executive Summary:
Akon Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament
Saturday, May 31
Registation: 11am
Tournament starts: 1pm
Format: 128-person Single Elimination
Items Off
Awesomeness On
Do you think there will be a way to get to the tournament without paying for Akon? lol

Also, I just did my first game battles match...I am never playing online again. Tired of losing to people that I know I can beat offline lol. I know how that might sound but seriously! Whine complete.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I'm not so mad about single elimination, I've just noticed trends about what happens to me in tournaments. Maybe for once God won't give me one of the toughest players early on.

Also the bit about registration was pretty useful. I'm gonna have to tell my friends about that.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Bwett: There is a weekend gameroom-only access pass that grants a pass to access only the gameroom for the whole weekend. It costs $15. Tournament costs vary, and are paid in addition to the pass.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Bwett: There is a weekend gameroom-only access pass that grants a pass to access only the gameroom for the whole weekend. It costs $15. Tournament costs vary, and are paid in addition to the pass.
Sweet, I'm totally getting that lol. Infinity, hit me up about lodging. We can car pool together as well and see what is up with everything. I'm getting excited!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can someone give me the adress for A-kon?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
http://a-kon.com/

It says Sheraton, but you'll have to find the address yourself, because it's becoming a pain in the butt.

Also Scav, is it a single match or best 2/3?

I'd least want to counterpick if it's single elim.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Anything really. If there's enough space and it's allowed I could run a few and the people running A-kon wouldn't have to worry about a thing.

Like a random character tournament, a tournament with items on, anything else I can think of between now and then...

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It's a possibility. I'm not certain how any setups are dedicated to Brawl full time. There's always a few 2am pickup tournaments that get going ;)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
little warning to you all, its not uncommon for stuff to get stolen in the game room, so keep your eyes on your stuff ;x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom