• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Brawl is pretty dull. Dedede is ridiculous. Only a Pikachu with a stout heart and a cheek full of lightning can stop him. Oh, and Ike. Ike is ridiculous. Playing Brawl makes me want to play Melee.

Nap time.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is pretty dull. Dedede is ridiculous. Only a Pikachu with a stout heart and a cheek full of lightning can stop him. Oh, and Ike. Ike is ridiculous. Playing Brawl makes me want to play Melee.

Nap time.
i agree whole heartedly with all of that (btw this is darkmagus iono if u guys member me neways) but i went to the gamestop tourny out here and all i wanted to do was play melee T.T D3 isnt nice... i hear the ic's have an infinate again though which in a game with virtually no combos... thats extra mean

bluezaft

The True Zaft
OMG it's darkmagus!

Wooooo I won mine. I lucked out in that my gamestop did 2 minute matches instead of 1 min., though we did have random characters. Then I lucked out by getting Mario as opposed to, like, Yoshi or Bowser. The guy I met in finals looked exactly like Rayzorium and that really scared me. In my 2nd round I broke the other guy's combo with a final smash in midair. It was hardcore. Then in my 3rd round I got hit with Kirby's FS at 100% and DIDN'T DIE (it would have resulted in a sudden death). You can't spell DIE without DI.

I got a trophy of a scantily-clad wrestler for some reason.

UTD Zac, Billy, and co. all got shafted at their gamestop. But I got shafted in my preorder copy of Brawl. Apparently I have to get it from the txgamers guy, not playntrade. Knowing that would have saved me like half an hour of driving.

How did everyone else do?

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i lost over here in NC due to being nearly last in line and it beign 30 degrees outside... 2 hrs of free finger freezing time made palying difficult we also playd ffa i was the only one that even got kills in my set of 4 but uhhh up b being up and that trigger thing confused me a tad (insert more johns here) o wells the game looks pretty and it seems like its gonna be fun... competative maybe not... but def fun

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone post your Wii/Brawl code so we can play! Mine is in my Sig and profile!

...Is there anyway to change the fight settings on wifi? I keep getting stuck on 2 min. timed free for alls with cpu's in there! What up with that?

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
We all lost at our GS. Nun-chuk and wii mote suck really bad. The Finals match was a free for all with 3 since the brackets were jacked up. Kirby kid made it to the finals then lost to a Lucas who got max tomato and other goodies.

Gigi

Smash Cadet
Played Brawl last night with the boys. The mess was fun since no one knew anything whack. BESIDES KEN COMBO! All my low tiers look/play better in Brawl so I dug it. Witch Zelda is dangerous! I'll post Wii codes/Brawl codes when I figure out where those mugs are.

F4L: brawl/melee smashfest!

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
ended up gettin 3rd at the tourney and RoK got 2nd. dk bout everyone else but our rules were ok. 2 minutes 2 stock and only smashball on. which came like 3 times a match.

and ok Gigi that sounds pretty good. so if everything goes well i'll either hold a smashfest on the 15th or22nd. i'll check wit my schedule to make sure i don't have to reschedule and **** up stuff wit other people. that sound good??

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I've got 2 announcements.

#1 - As far as my gamestop; I came in 2nd. I nearly won but it was flat-zone and peach's Final Smash isn't as ridiculous as we think it is. But, I'll be attending the Rockwall tournament; everyone who thought Ike was going to suck was dead wrong, which brings me to my second notion.

#2 - Everyone was talking about how horrible Brawl was going to be, how floaty it was; how no L-cancelling, no wavedashing and Lack of Technical skill was going to be stupid. and "WTF was Sakurai thinking?". I'm a Roy player, without technical skill, my char was garbage. I'll make simple points to as why is better and more fun than melee.

#1- It takes actual skill. You see, in Melee; you can be fast as hell and have no technique and still win; Your speed makes up for everything, you have to play smart in Brawl, which is why I'm not worried about a lot of the technical people, I.E. shiz for example.

#2 - It's not as floaty as everyone says, it's actually a good thing. You have to go out for kills and can't camp the stage, good ****. People who ARE stuck on melee, are only stuck on it because they don't know what to do without glitches and don't know what to do without ways to make yourself faster or recover from mistakes and out think your opponent.

#3 - Graphics are better, music is better, and wi-fi is good. Though, it has lag, it;s still fun. I prefer no items, but items and smashballs are hella fun. In this game, anyone can win. DeDeDe has a chain grab, D.I. out of it, Ike is super powerful, but also a bit slow, not too slow, but a bit. You can moch his recovery and all. FOX isn't as bad as everyone says he is, he's still pretty **** good. Don't be pissed you can't wave shine anymore; fight like a man.

#4 - For everyone who will complain that I'm not considered "high level" for whatever reason, even though if I played with Fox from the start I would be the same level, if not suppassing the great many highs of Dallas (Zac, Blue. You seen me play, you know if I had 1 year with fox instead of roy, I would truly be a force). This game lets you become good with ANY character. Brawl-4-the-win. Now, if you excuse me, I gotta play with BKM and get ready for Rockwall. BKM & B4BC 4 Lyfe.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Can I play with someone tomorrow who has Brawl? Please let me use your Brawl.

Slacker, how in the heck do you have a marth icon under your name?

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone post your Wii/Brawl code so we can play! Mine is in my Sig and profile!

...Is there anyway to change the fight settings on wifi? I keep getting stuck on 2 min. timed free for alls with cpu's in there! What up with that?
where do u find your wii and brawl code?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
EVERYONE! If you want to play me do this. Send me your Brawl Friend code to my PRIVATE MESSAGE BOX. I.E. PM me with your code and ask for mine. I will put yours in and send you a replay. You will have it by 4:00 PM, Central time. GMT -6. If not, you will at least have it by 5:00. My Ike is a monster.

Idfection: Post to me with your Brawl code, and next time I see you I would like to purchase that USB adapter.

Bluezaft: Since it seems that we both are going through (only ones) to the second round, I wanna carpool there. I'll give ya Gas money if you're going.

Darkness of Heart: No, you have to have the passes that Nintendo made with the gamestop stamp on the back to proceed.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'm not going to the same tourney site as you, Rok. There are many different ones. I'm being sent to Collin Creek Mall.

Bwett...best Roy AND Ike in Dallas!? I think so.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Boyz

Can I play with someone tomorrow who has Brawl? Please let me use your Brawl.

Slacker, how in the heck do you have a marth icon under your name?
Cause I'm a cool kid. But anyways, I think cause I put Marth as my main for my profile.

ATTN ROK:
I'm posting from my Wii so when I click on your name, no option to PM you pops up. Can you PM me your FC so I can face your "monster" of an Ike? ;)

ATTN ANYONE:
I doubt anyone will actually do this, but can someone tell (PM) Jumpman I added him? lol I can't PM him either, unless he reads this then there won't be a need.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
For some reason the wifi isn't working for me. Like I can use the internet browser on my Wii and even be a spectator for online matches, but it won't let me join any Brawls. I keep getting this 86420 error.

I added Jumpman, slacker, poot, and brave. Maybe I'll get it to work someday.

Smash Journeyman
I added everyone. you too blue! Add me! Check out my Wario!

I wont be able to get on for a til tomorrow though.. My routers all jacked up!

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to wait until the friend-code frenzy dies down to start adding people, and I'll do it through pms. I'm satisfied playing Idle and Cps for now.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
hey everybody, i just wanted to announce that i am in love with lucas.

and me and kg are claiming the team name of "The Elite 4", with a team of pikachu and PT.

later dallas ~FoGo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom