• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
1. Kung Fu Panda 2
2. Kung Fu Panda
3. Toy Story
4. Toy Story 3
5. Toy Story 2

:phone:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
My list of favorites:

1. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
2. Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
3. SAW VI
4. Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
5. Saw III

Actually, I'd prefer to treat SAW and Pirates of the Carribean series as one of their own movies, as I feel they are such. So...

2. Pirates of Carribean series
3. SAW series
4. Classic Disney animated movies (Aladdin being one of my favorites)
5. Any comedy type movie; Clerks, Clerks 2, Dumb and Dumber come to mind.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Harold - call me alter home girl. Need to hook you up with something.

Edit - Nevermind, it got taken care of. Have fun with that panel :p
Yeah I got it man, it's gonna be fun.

Top 5 movies eh?

1. Ace Ventura Pet Detective

2. The negotiator

3. Hackers

4. Enemy of the state

5. Tremors

I try not to make this a complicated thing. Straight forward....

Denti

Smash Master
Oh whut. My favv movies are, in no particular order

Milo and Otis
DBZ Broly
Matrix series
Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children

lol @ zigsta's movie choice

and alsm you like Saw?!?!?! That movie series makes me really queezy XD I can't watch it.

Neon!

Smash Lord
hmm movies ehh

Aliens
The Empire Strikes back
The Shawshank Redemption
The Sixth Sense
Casablanca

On a more seriouse note, I've considerd making a signature showing the top 10 players in Dallas/Fort worth, what tv series/game/movie theme would yall want to use?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So many movies are good. It's hard to rate my a definite top 5. And I am drunk, so I wouldn't take the effort to do it anyway. + I can't think of a lot movies atm anyway. I'm taking enough time just correcting my typos and keeping my head up. And shut up-- the only reason I'm on the internet right now is because I know if I try to sleep, my head will just spin.

Productive post is productive.

And pineapple rum is freakin' delicious.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
rofl @ Zigsta's list

1. SPEED RACER
2. The Fall
3. Transformers (animated)
4. Akira
5. Le Roi et L'oiseau

The exact order tends to vary.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm awake (for some reason at 5:45, which is awful) and sober.
(I actually have no idea how people pass out and then stay down when they're drunk-- makes no sense to me.)
Anyway, first thing in my mind is my list of movies.

1) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
2) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
3) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
4) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
5) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'm awake (for some reason at 5:45, which is awful) and sober.
(I actually have no idea how people pass out and then stay down when they're drunk-- makes no sense to me.)
Anyway, first thing in my mind is my list of movies.

1) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
2) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
3) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
4) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
5) Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
Denti know something about them drunk posts :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Actually, I'd prefer to treat SAW and Pirates of the Carribean series as one of their own movies, as I feel they are such. So...

2. Pirates of Carribean series
3. SAW series
4. Classic Disney animated movies (Aladdin being one of my favorites)
5. Any comedy type movie; Clerks, Clerks 2, Dumb and Dumber come to mind.

The only problem with this is that we're talking about individual movies. If I ask you what your favorite candy is you won't say Willy Wonka, you'll probably say something more specific like Sweet Tarts (just as an example).

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I couldn't get past one:
1.) Shanghai Noon
2.) The Notebook
3.) Radio
4.) Scott Pilgram vs the World
5.) The Longest Yard (featuring Adam Sandler)

Only the first 3 I put a lot of thought into, so don't be surprised if you see it change later on.

EDIT: version 1.1

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!

Milo and Otis
DBZ Broly
Matrix series

and alsm you like Saw?!?!?! That movie series makes me really queezy XD I can't watch it.
The first Saw movie got me into the series. I watched them in chronological order, so I know the whole plot of the series really well. I think the mindgames Jigsaw plays on everyone appeals to me as well as the plot. I noticed the series gets more gory in the later movies. I think if I watched any of the SAW movies out of order, I probably wouldn't have gotten into the series. Saw and Saw II are pretty tame when it comes to gore, but from Saw III and on, it gets on another level of gore. The gradual progression of the gore in the series had me quite desensitized by the time I saw the final one, which is by far the goriest of the series.

And it's pretty cool that my girlfriend likes the series too. I remember watching Saw VI with her one night.

I've seen these movies like sooooo many times (except the last one, only saw it once in theaters), I don't know how many, lol.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
@ Problemo: Of course! How could I forget about any movie with Jackie Chan in it? I love those type of movies with martial arts in them.

@ Infinity: I think it's appropriate to group a series such as SAW into one big movie, seeing as its individual movies are just pieces, or parts, of the whole puzzle. :)
I don't know if you've seen any of the movies, but the series displays a lot of flashbacks that tie into the plot of the previous movies. Movies are very different than candy, seeing as movies require mostly your sense of sight and hearing, while candy is more on the sense of taste. Picking out your favorite individual candy is a lot simpler than picking out your favorite individual movie, especially if that individual movie doesn't display everything about the plot you could know more from watching the other movies in that series.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

Milo and Otis
DBZ Broly
Matrix series

Well yeah ALSM likes saw, it's the song he uses for his Brawl menu. xD Btw, I was slightly surprised at first to see the Broly movie on this last, but then I was like, of course Denti would have that! :awesome: Personally, I like the Cooler's Revenge movie better. It has great music and the art style for Goku is from Frieza Saga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbZzBO8kgtM

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
1. Final Destination
2. Final Destination 2
3. Final Destination 3
4. The Final Destination
5. Final Destination 5

This is just a troll list until I can actually think of something.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
@ Infinity: I think it's appropriate to group a series such as SAW into one big movie, seeing as its individual movies are just pieces, or parts, of the whole puzzle. :)
I don't know if you've seen any of the movies, but the series displays a lot of flashbacks that tie into the plot of the previous movies. Movies are very different than candy, seeing as movies require mostly your sense of sight and hearing, while candy is more on the sense of taste. Picking out your favorite individual candy is a lot simpler than picking out your favorite individual movie, especially if that individual movie doesn't display everything about the plot you could know more from watching the other movies in that series.

You're saying you want to tell everyone your favorite plots and not your favorite movies. Saw 2 and Saw 6 may be a part of the same story, but they're still two separate movies. Besides, I'm sure you have one Saw movie that you like more than the others.

Also - you missed the point of my candy analogy. I was conveying a message and you took it literally rather than figuratively. The candy wasn't the point of what I was saying; the point was that you're generalizing things and I'm looking for a specific answer. I'll try mixing up a few things to get the message across better by replacing the words 'Candy,' 'Willy Wonka' and 'Sweet Tarts' in the sentence:

Infinity said:
The only problem with this is that we're talking about individual movies. If I ask you what your favorite mountain is you won't say The Himalayas, you'll probably say something more specific like Mount Everest (just as an example).
Infinity said:
The only problem with this is that we're talking about individual movies. If I ask you what your favorite meal is you won't say Italian, you'll probably say something more specific like spaghetti (just as an example).
Infinity said:
The only problem with this is that we're talking about individual movies. If I ask you what your mom's favorite position is you won't say sex, you'll probably say something more specific like on her knees (just as an example).

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
The Himalayas example sounds right, but saying Italian for food is like saying Romantic Comedy (it's a genre) for movies, and the last one is just silly.

Regardless, I already made my list of favorite individual movies (I'm sure you saw it) right above the list I'd prefer to post, so everybody wins.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
woo, I'm close to finally getting a job. The employer strongly hinted that she was going to choose me, but I still have to do my interview and the job won't be available until September 10th. :( With school starting up on top of that, I'm probably going to fade into extreme inactivity again.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'll ask again because I dont think anyone read my post earlier:

I planned on making a list of the top 10 players in dallas/fort worth like other cities have done recently.

Which tv series/game/movie theme would yall want to use?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
@ Neon: Do a big cats theme, you know, like lions, tigers, etc. So who do you have in the top 10 of DFW?

Also, another movie I forgot; another favorite of mine: Moulin Rouge :)

(singsong voice) The greatest thing, you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return...

2. Moulin Rouge
3. Pirates of the Carribean series (At World's End being the favorite)
4. Saw series (Saw VI being the favorite)
5. Any other comedic or Disney movie

Neon!

Smash Lord
lol my real name is Caleb Sherman, unless anyone objects I'd probably use a paper mario theme for the top ten list. I'll glance over the tx rankings but im thinking top ten would be like

UTD Zac
Denti
Dphat
Infinity
D4BA
Aerolink
Bigfoot?
Neon
RedShadow
Zane? (never heard of him)

I know there's people im missing from dallas probably, and I probably wouldnt include non-active smashers like bigfoot

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I haven't seen Bigfoot or Zane in ages. Zane popped for a single tournament a few months ago then faded back into obscurity. Red Shadow is no longer DFW. He's now Austin.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
A potential problem is identifying who get's the spotlight and who doesn't.

I think MAYBE this is why Brett wasn't initially fond of this idea. The idea sounds cool and whatnot, but it leaves a lot of great players out of the popularity loop since we have SO many great players, it's hard to choose ten players.

If you think top ten players, think active players who are still playing in tournaments on a REGULAR basis.

It's something to think about Neon. BTW I didn't ask you before but I would love to see you make a Captain Falcon sig for me. I bet it's gonna look awesome.

Top Bottom