• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
meh, everyone thinks they're amazing; few really are

milktea really is; i'm not buying it for most of the rest of you

p.s. doubles, sandwiches, double sandwiches, add-to-10, and straight up 10s!
I do believe Bwett is coming to this.... now I dare anyone to challenge him to ERS. Dude won every single slap the entire night after FS6, save one to Hylian.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Heed Pocky's warning =D. I'm flattered.

They didn't believe me at VLS...until I joined their game after finishing my pool and won within 5 minutes anyways =D.

On another note, I demand large quantities of team friendlies! With aggressive foxes, please.

BRING CARDS. It's going down.

Handorin

Smash Hero

They didn't believe me at VLS...until I joined their game after finishing my pool and won within 5 minutes anyways =D.

On another note, I demand large quantities of team friendlies! With aggressive foxes, please.

I can do both.

What are these card games you people speak of? This Mafia and Egyptian Rat Screw? At first I thought you guys were talking about same collectable card game!
ERS is mainly a reflex game where the main objective is to get all the cards.

Mafia isn't a card game, but mafia played in person is generally played with cards to assign the roles, but nothing more. Here's a link for a basic idea on mafia:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)

HungryBox said:
I HAVE NEVER LOST AT EGYPTIAN RAT SCREW*

* Well, maybe a few times. BUT I AM SO **** AT THAT GAME!!!!

Anyone down for Texas Hold 'Em?

Hey milktea and Hbox, I'LL BEAT BOTH OF YOU AT ERS!

Whatever rules you wanna throw at me I'll adapt and win too :p

My twin and I will be bringing A LOT of cards and poker chips too (at least 10 decks. comes with doing card magic, tend to keep a lot on you at all times just in case).

Do you accept the challenge you guys?
Oh and Hbox you know Hold em is going on lol.
Oh and Hold Em will also be going on. Free play and possibly buy ins if theres enough. I'll jump in on buy ins depending on my financial ability.

My twin bro says he'll be the dealer (and no he wont deal from the bottom, we can, but we won't :p)

We will be arriving to the hotel early on Thursday and checking in pretty early. If anyone wants to kill time by playing cards or hanging out because you have nothing better to do, look us up. PM me, text me, etc. Everyone and anyone is welcome. It'll be an all day card game tourney going on.

Heh, maybe the results will be posted next to the actual tourney results.

-Melee doubles:
-Melee Singles:
-Brawl Doubles:
-Brawl Singles:
-Egyptian Rat Screw:
1. Twin_A
2. Milktea
3. HungryBox
-Texas Hold Em:
1. ChiboSempai
2. doesn't matter if it's winner take all, we'll decide rules then :p

_milktea

Smash Lord
Hi sorry, but I think you made a typo. Milktea should have been number 1 =).

But yes, let's play. I'm only at the hotel Sunday night though, and Monday night. We can play if we're both eliminated from pools or something..or during Brawl >_______________>;. Unless you play Brawl XD.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hi sorry, but I think you made a typo. Milktea should have been number 1 =).

But yes, let's play. I'm only at the hotel Sunday night though, and Monday night. We can play if we're both eliminated from pools or something..or during Brawl >_______________>;. Unless you play Brawl XD.
I'll be there sunday night but I'll be driving home Monday.

And no I dont play Brawl so I'll play you then :D

Text me 505-977-7926

That way there wont be any cant find you johns :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yay i got first in hold em! and no ones even seen me play yet... hows that for a poker face lol

results from them on the genesis results page will be eeeeepic.

im up for free play or cash. keep it cheap to attract ppl. $10 cash game? buy backs for however much u want if u go out. have to call a half hour before u leave.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
yay i got first in hold em! and no ones even seen me play yet... hows that for a poker face lol

results from them on the genesis results page will be eeeeepic.

im up for free play or cash. keep it cheap to attract ppl. $10 cash game? buy backs for however much u want if u go out. have to call a half hour before u leave.
Ten dollar buy in is a great idea actually. We can count chips for 25 cents, 50 cents, and a dollar (if not then lesser values may be better. Makes for a longer game).

And yeah free poker is pointless but still it makes for decent practice and learning for those who don't know how to play.

D. Disciple said:
I'm down for some hold em
L___ said:
Again you guys just find a way to get a hold of me haha. Or try to use the grapevine to find out where the room is gonna be.

I'm wondering if I should make a side thread called Hold Em at Genesis... nah don't think I will lol.

Oh and one very important rule for it:
Cheating.
Any cheating in hold em will result in getting kicked out with no refunds. Also if you try to make a scene you better have friends there with you for back up haha. My bro and I are both trained self defense instructors and wrestlers :p

On a side note, if anyone wants to learn how to throw punches or get out of locks/put people in locks. Look us up, we always teach people for the hell of it :p

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm coming to Genesis. I will be arriving on Wednesday. I'll be accepting ERS MM's anytime. Doubles and possibly sandwiches. Nothing else, though. Everything else is gay lol. Although, if you're brave, just do doubles. I'll throw in an extra $1 for doubles only to make the deal sweeter... ;)

EDIT: I suppose I'll be in the tournament as well...but that's just a side event to ERS lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
1) don't play tournament style
2) don't make it huge, because that will draw attention, be illegal gambling, and get us all booted

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
tourney style is actually easier. 5 dollar buy in and everyone just keeps playing until theres 1 left. winner gets all the money except 2nd gets their money back. thats how we used to do it in college dorms :laugh:

sadly, i wont be coming until friday, so i wont be able to join any thursday card games, but ill text you sometime friday to ask if you are doing any over the weekend, twin. mafia, hold em, and rat screw definitely have to be played (especially MAFIA )

only a few more days. about 72 hours until my flight leaves too amped

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Good Luck My Da Brothers

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH MY D.A. BROTHERS (M2K,ALLY,MALCOLM AND NINJALINK) LUCK AT GENESIS I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE ME PROUD!!!!!

Also for those who think you can take out the 4 kings that are going to genesis how about you put you money where you mouth is? Anyone wants to crew battle DA at genesis a 4 on 4 crew battle Ninjalink,M2k, Malcolm and Ally vs any 4 over there, all i have to say to anyone who plays them GOOD CLUX!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Edit: Didn't see Twin_A's post above this. Tourney style is still fun though :)
Actually I don't think I've done in person tourney style for money ever. Only for prizes at some thing at my college once a couple years ago...

Tourney style is boring. With so many people having a fun time, no one wants to be out of all of it if they lose early. Also, it gets the pot bigger without people needing to dump a bunch of cash. People can willingly choose if they want to do the minimum of $10, or go high roller and buy back in a couple times for $30 or whatever.

Just keep the money hidden in the card deck box or something and be held onto by someone trustworthy (Twin_A I suppose), then if anyone questions anything, we can just be playing for fun with chips on the table. No money will be involved except for cash in and cash out. But yea no one will question anyway, I'm sure we're all mature enough to keep things under control (self-defense instructors come to mind against if people don't behave lol).

Edit 2: What are you talking about M2k and Ally in DA -_-

Also, is Jash coming?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
^ speaks the truth

And alright disciple I just text ya.

And thats a good point. If they wish to throw their money in then more power to them.

As well if you want I will keep a log of who put what money in (I'm a business accounting major to top these things off haha).

Funny story, just played my twin and 2 friends in hold em because the thought of playing got all of us going, and I swept the floor haha. It wasn't even close (some gutsy moves early on but after that it was one sided).

Maybe I will put up a fight after all. Now to Fulltilt online to play some people for practice :p

D. Disciple

Smash Master
tourney style is actually easier. 5 dollar buy in and everyone just keeps playing until theres 1 left. winner gets all the money except 2nd gets their money back. thats how we used to do it in college dorms :laugh:

sadly, i wont be coming until friday, so i wont be able to join any thursday card games, but ill text you sometime friday to ask if you are doing any over the weekend, twin. mafia, hold em, and rat screw definitely have to be played (especially MAFIA )

only a few more days. about 72 hours until my flight leaves too amped
OMG MAFIA too good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom