• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It doesn't even matter if a Smash tournament is truly gambling or not. If a cop thinks it might be he's going to bust up the tournament, especially when he sees a bunch of hoodlum teenagers running around unsupervised. It's not his concern if the tournament is *actually* illegal; that's for the courts to sort out.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Go ahead and try that line on the cop busting up your party and see what he thinks ;).
Party!? Actually that brings up a good point bro.

Partying:

Because there will be underage people there, I won't allow drinking or smoking in my room. Not debatable.

And Nealdt if the cops show up, they wont be able to find any money anyways. And all they'll see is a bunch of people playing ERS, Spoons, BS, and Hold Em with cheap chips lol. Hell I'd even ask if they wanted to sit in and play with us.

You see the thing is I love being charismatic and I can talk to anybody about anything (I'm like a red mage, jack of all trades... but a master of none :p). If the cops come in and ask us to stop, alright officers we'll stop playing our friendly card games ad everyone can head their ways. Haha the last time a cop tried checking out suspicious activities involving me (which we weren't doing anything btw), I wound up showing him 3 card magic tricks and he told me he wants me to show his friends.

So if the cops come in to "bust us", I humbly accept the challenge ;P

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Face The Facts

Mew2King is mine, not yours. He plays for his friends and himself, not a shady group from NYC.
Now why are you going to say that man, how are we a shady group DA has bought life into smash for all they yrs and tournaments we attend. Whos shady i never said " M2K IS MINES"
that's some ownership talk right there he is IN DA he makes his own decisions he is in it and that the bottom line. you can talk to him about it and see for your self no one put a gun to his head or anything like that we both talked and he joined. Inui that's it dude face it you guys can always still be friends he is just not in your crew.

pockyD

Smash Legend
no cici's in cali i don't think

the point isn't just to not get busted; it's to not draw attention

even if we're in the right, we don't want to lose 6 hours of tournament time (or even sleep time) straightening it out

not saying don't do it, just saying keep it low key

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Ah CiCi's is the s***!!!! The one by my place closed down tho >.<

And dont worry Im not going to go out in the street buck naked with a sign saying "BUY IN HOLD 'EM! ASK ME ABOUT IT".

I'd at least have clothes on :p

And if everyone is getting too paranoid about the thought then we'll just do free play (we'll determine that later).

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I'm sure cops have better things to do then break up a 5 man game of chump change hold em too lol.

pockyD don't worry too much about it. And by the way, are you gonna play too? So far we have about 5-7 people down to play (probably a couple more depending).

EDIT:

Thank you Col Bol. YOur sympathy's are greatly appreciated. I mean the loss of choco pizza and all you can eat for 5 bucks has relly hurt me and my twin. Somehow we're surviving. But it hasn't been easy :(

The King

Smash Ace
If you guys are gonna play cards in a little circle at the venue or whatnot... I don't want to see cash games, i.e. no big piles of money sitting in the middle of the cards every hand or whatnot. You want to play cards there, keep your cash in your pockets, play a tournament-style poker game, and pass out the money in a low-key fashion.

Regardless of what you might think, this venue isn't just some guy's garage or an abandoned church. The fairgrounds will have an "event supervisor" of sorts on the grounds for the entire 3-day span of the event... They see shady **** like this or smoking pot going on, I guarantee Genesis will be short-lived, and the perpetrators will have their ***** kicked for spoiling half a year of tournament prep work and tens of thousands of dollars in travel expenses.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you guys are gonna play cards in a little circle at the venue or whatnot... I don't want to see cash games, i.e. no big piles of money sitting in the middle of the cards every hand or whatnot. You want to play cards there, keep your cash in your pockets, play a tournament-style poker game, and pass out the money in a low-key fashion.

Regardless of what you might think, this venue isn't just some guy's garage or an abandoned church. The fairgrounds will have an "event supervisor" of sorts on the grounds for the entire 3-day span of the event... They see shady **** like this or smoking pot going on, I guarantee Genesis will be short-lived, and the perpetrators will have their ***** kicked for spoiling half a year of tournament prep work and tens of thousands of dollars in travel expenses.
we understand, were talking about playing at a hotel the night before genesis

Twin_A

Smash Champion
lol , i'd love to play poker myself, but i won't be there thursday :(
Hey bro no worries, we'll have the whole weekend if people aren't too tired and others are up for it.

And King:

No worries on any form of Gambling going on at Genesis. The most you will see from us is fun games of Egyptian Rat Screw going on during down time or during Brawl Pools.

EDIT because I have to:
PB&J and Hbox... that was f'ing beautiful :')
Now go drink some powerthirst and get ready for the big tourney :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

pockyD

Smash Legend
cici's has nationwide ads, just like sonic and jackinthebox and all that, even though they're absent from like half the country -_-

p.s. cici's isn't that great anyway!

pockyD

Smash Legend
cici's is decent "value"-wise, but that's pretty much the case with any buffet

jack in the box is largely outclassed by wendy's in my book

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jack in the box doesn't give you much food >_>. Cici's does, but most pizza buffets have pretty bad pizza.

I want to try in-and-out just to try it.

Anyone know of any good sushi bars near the venue?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o wow sushi bar would be amazing. a all u can eat sushi buffet like they have in philly would be even better!

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah, as if smashers can afford to pay $40 for a meal :laugh:

socal doesn't even believe in paying tax, much less tip, so be wary of eating with them!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just want to go exploring.

MacD

Banned via Administration
yeah, as if smashers can afford to pay $40 for a meal :laugh:

socal doesn't even believe in paying tax, much less tip, so be wary of eating with them!
Yeah, **** going to dinner with SoCal. What a cheap bunch of *****es.
omg this is so ture, it sucks, i always have to put like 5 extra dollars down because i actually have a job and don't believe in screwing the waiter over

i remember splitting a check with champ, brdy, and you neal, it was amazing, i didn't lose and extra $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom