• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyberden - Columbia, MD - Aug 30, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I gots 9th in singles and 3rd in teams

I had a pretty tough singles bracket :D

JCaeser-Win
Azen-Loss
???-Win
Vist-Win
Kirbstir-Win
Korn-Loss

I apologize to Vist and Kirbstir for gaying you guys out on Corneria. GGs anyways though cause both sets were really freakin' close.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah I have to say, these stages were pretty whack, I hope that gets fixed for the next one.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Stages:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza

??? at the bold ones

I shoulda picked Corneria in our match JC lol or better yet Onett who picks Onett honestly. I'd go to Hanenbow before Onett or Distant Planet

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
??? at the bold ones

I shoulda picked Corneria in our match JC lol or better yet Onett who picks Onett honestly. I'd go to Hanenbow before Onett or Distant Planet
No... Corneria isn't a great option against him actually... >_>

It was a great tourney aside from me doing more terribly than I normally do... and doubles was just like "oh hey your first round of losers is the winner of this team and Chillen/Azen" which was rough. Still meeting/hanging out with matt/dan/chris was cool and it was fun... I don't really have anyone around my area of bmore to practice with that I know of but luckily one of my friends is going to towson this semester so we are expected to play alot...

so hopefully, i'll be enlightened and get a little better >_> but who knows.

NOrFAIR couldn't save me at all :(

Gaming tournaments/conventions involving theft make me want to hit people with a baseball bat yelling "BONK!" and "MORON". /tf2

If theft occurs, people don't submit their games and systems, if people don't do that there are no tournaments/slow tournaments. It's a shame people don't seem to see how much theft at events like this hurt so SIGNIFICANTLY to everyone.

Either way, I love cyberden (how 'bout fixing that ITG machine so when I lose I can play all my simfiles) too bad it is closing when...when.... when they decide to close (how many times have they "closed" now? like... 50?)

Makximum

Smash Rookie
Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Onett, and Corneria are on the SBR recommeded ruleset for counterpicks aren't they?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5097738#post5097738

The list could also have Norfair, Pokemon Stadium, and Pirate Ship. It seems like most people ban a stage at the start of a match and only play the neutrals anyways.

Wish I could do better. Glad to see people come out Cyberden. Their In The Groove machine has been fixed btw.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
oh and wow I thought they were on "Counter/Banned" for some reason, shoot I guess I just didn't remember it right oh well

Corneria is still goofy

Shinku

Smash Champion
fun tournament. i get 3rd in teams but 13th in singles lol. i honestly didnt think i was going to make it that far in teams. yay me. im gonna try and bring a melee copy next time cuz just one tv sucks balls.

and wtf at someone stealing a wii. now im debating rather i should bring mine to other tournaments. =\

kirbstir

Smash Lord
If you know who it is, you might consider just outing them on the boards, so tourney organizers can ban said person.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
oh and wow I thought they were on "Counter/Banned" for some reason, shoot I guess I just didn't remember it right oh well

Corneria is still goofy
I thought they were counterpick/banned also, hmm. Corneria especially just seems like a pretty broken stage. The others probably aren't that bad but I haven't played on them much.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Because you counter pic the gayest **** possible Korn lmao <3

Greg - actually his jaw was just crushed, I will look for the full vid

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Korn I totally agree, I rarely CP neutrals (unless I'm facing Azen/Chillin). But Corneria? Cmon, that is like beyond CP. Besides the blast zones being really close (which isn't that big of a deal), there are all the wall infinites and up-B stalling/camping behind the fin. It's just a really gay stage.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
im glad azen and i have started scaring people away from picking lame stages by just going double MK everytime they do it, LOL.
Yeah I know I certainly won't CP on Azen again, I pick Delfino he uses meta and that was probably one of the most least enjoyable matches ever for me, not that I was going to win, or even come close to winning, but man that was no fun. I would have rather him dominate me with Peach again.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Non-neutrals are just much less fun for me, so if anyone tries being gay and choosing a gay stage I just pick MK and try to play gayer and camp hard since the stage isn't fun anyway, lolllz.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If I didn't suck balls with Metaknight I would probably do the same thing though, I mean why play on a stage you don't like, just teach them to get good at playing on a standard tourney stage

But in the end all that matters is the winner- so do what you have to do. Good times at this tourney, hopefully results will be up soon

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Its possible to suck with MK. I used to suck cause I had no idea how to use his B moves (besides down+b, that's forte's move lolll), but eventually I got used to using them and learned all their physics and ****, and then that's when my MK got good lolll. Just master MK's B moves and you're set!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I usually kill myself with Meta Up + B trying to kill someone with it, and i'm not good at pulling the reverse directional up + b (if i were facing left, up + b into the glide going right)

I could practice (and maybe I will, but I have no one readily available all the time) JC and Travis living here in town I should be able to get some matches in soon and really get down to business with my R.O.B. because I need a lot of work (Travis, those friendlies were awesome practice, thanks for that, I did stuff in those games I never thought of before just because I was under pressure)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm not gonna lie. I picked Corneria to be as gay as possible with G&W's bucket and wall infinite. I 0-deathed Korn's snake with that gay crap.

I didn't CP Corneria against Azen because

1. If I beat him I wanted it to be cause I'm good and

2. because I knew if I won on Corneria he would've beat me are 3rd match anyways so there was no point

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I'm not gonna lie. I picked Corneria to be as gay as possible with G&W's bucket and wall infinite. I 0-deathed Korn's snake with that gay crap.

I didn't CP Corneria against Azen because

1. If I beat him I wanted it to be cause I'm good and

2. because I knew if I won on Corneria he would've beat me are 3rd match anyways so there was no point
that's the reason that I CP you to Rainbow cruise.. and 3 stock D:

chillindude829

Smash Master
boss i beat you with no gayness whatsoever, in fact i think our first match was probably the most exciting match in brawl history. which is kinda sad.

boss8

Smash Hero
i mean obviously >_> but i no you wouldn't MM my mario over MK.......

i dont want to MM you anyway vik.......i just need money for CH4 and im mad broke........i have what like 4 days before im screwed.....so yea i hafe to think of a way.........ugh

Top Bottom