• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyberden - Columbia, MD - Aug 30, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
SMASH BROS 1v1/2v2 TOURNAMENT @ CYBERDEN in COLUMBIA, MD!
-Date: August 30, 2008. *Saturday* @ 12PM, sign ups by 11:00. We will be opening our doors at 10am.

-If you are going to be later then 12pm please call ahead, if you are later then 12pm and entering doubles unless I have heard from you registration will be closed by 12:10 at the latest.

-We will be running doubles first.

-Starting at 10am as long as your signed up for the Tournament the 4 wii's we have will be set to free play for practice rounds.

-Location: Cyberden, 6410 Dobbin Road in Columbia, MD. 21045. Easiest way to find it is to follow the signs to the MVA Express! Or, just Mapquest it.

-Price: Pre-reg-$15per-person, $10 to pot. Day of $20 per-person, $10 to pot.

- Prize is a 60, 30, 10 split.

If you bring your own system and game the price will be reduced by $5. Component cables Recommended as it is our set up. This is only good for the first 8 people.

RULES:
- 3 Stock
- 7 Minute time limit
- Team Attack on(doubles)
- Life Stealing allowed(doubles)
- Items off
- Double Elimination
- Best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

-In the event of time running out, the player with the most stock wins. If both players have the same stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both players have the same percentage, the match will restart with 1 stock each.

-Character selection will be a double blind pick first match, second and third match winner chooses character first then loser chooses who they would like to counter with.

-Stage selection shall be random on one of the neutral stages for 1st match, and following matches will be chosen by the loser of the previous round between the neutral stages or one of the counterpick stages.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.

Stages:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza

-You do not have to, but it is recommended to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER and extenders if it is a wired controller. If you are planing on using one of our controllers you must have a valid photo ID. We have 4 Wii's with 4 copies of SSBB all fully unlocked.

-You may bring in your own tv if you would like, we will clear out our cafe section to
accommodate, but you must also bring in a Wii to connect to said tv as ours will be kept on our tv's.

-(Any questions or suggestions please send an email to spitfire668@gmail.com or visit the Cyberden forums)

hova

Smash Champion
<3 Cyberden

anyone not going to esticle needs to show up for this. i'm putting my money on Lukky to take home the win

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
This might be changing yet again due to the fact that Otakon is the 8th-10th. If it does change it will be the 30th. I will know more by 2marr.

ChuDat

Smash Master
The date of August 9th will include....

-Big tournament in SoVa
-Big tournament in Jubilee
-Big tournament in Connecticut
-Otakon 2008
-Some big white rock band festival

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I need a -

If I miss this tournament, I'm going to cry. I know I'm going to be on vacation again somewhere near end July, I better be back in time for this.

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the delay. Tournament is now for the 30th, last saturday in August. If it has to be changed again I dont think we will be able to hold one in August. So hopefully there is nothing else schedualed for that day.

Again new date is August 30th.

Lukky

Smash Cadet
Well now I can go to Otakon AND Cyberden

August should be a good month

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Question. If I sign up during pre-registration for $15, can I tell them I'm bringing a Wii and Brawl and get the $5 off? Or do I have to wait until the Day Of when I come in with my Wii?

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
The date of August 9th will include....

-Big tournament in SoVa
-Big tournament in Jubilee
-Big tournament in Connecticut
-Otakon 2008
-Some big white rock band festival

You forgot an O's home game (I believe)

But yeah, with the virgin music fest, otakon, and the baseball game Baltimore is going to be a clusterF***.

Granted, the music fest is about 5-10 minutes north of the harbor, people are still going to swarm to the harbor for food and other things... so... lets repeat last year's otakon of waiting an hour for a sub from subway (O's vs Yankee's = alot of freakin' people on the streets)

Regardless, I'll be at otakon... I may enter SSBB assuming all good players are at real tournaments... but I have full intentions of placing well in SCIV... top 4'd last year hoping to repeat that at least.

EDIT: I'll be at this if it is on the 30th.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Please don't bring up VirginFest. As I'm going to miss it. And me thinking about me not being at VirginFest makes me angry.

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Question. If I sign up during pre-registration for $15, can I tell them I'm bringing a Wii and Brawl and get the $5 off? Or do I have to wait until the Day Of when I come in with my Wii?
Tell them you are bringing a Wii and Brawl and you get $5 off, but you must bring the Wii and Brawl day of or you will owe $5.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Tell them you are bringing a Wii and Brawl and you get $5 off, but you must bring the Wii and Brawl day of or you will owe $5.
Alright, cool. If I have the money next time I go to Cyberden (Just about every other weekend) I'll sign up.

Oh, and JCaesar, are you coming to this? Friendlies, if you are.

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
I am definately coming, and will be bring a Wii, Smash fully unlocked, and component cables. I may also bring in a means of video capturing.

Lobos

Smash Master
I'll mm you boss if you actually have money on you, Sure thing JCaesar, P~S, thumbs $2 each best out of 3 and tourney stage rules.

Top Bottom