• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Avatar Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
I think the problem is when people upload JPEGs instead of gifs. I noticed that the last few people to have this problem had named their file "avatar.gif.jpg" ...so I think they were trying to fake the file type so they could upload. It's best just to open up a graphics program and save it as the file type that the server prefers (which I think is .gif).

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
I think the problem is when people upload JPEGs instead of gifs. I noticed that the last few people to have this problem had named their file "avatar.gif.jpg" ...so I think they were trying to fake the file type so they could upload. It's best just to open up a graphics program and save it as the file type that the server prefers (which I think is .gif).
Really? I notice most icons are .jpg, though... Like mine. If a jpg got uploaded before, it should be good to go now, right?

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
when I made that post I hadn't looked super carefully, but it is actually GIFs that aren't accepted. So if you have a JPEG that's best. The problem comes when people rename a gif to a jpeg to get around it (so yeah, I had it reversed in my last post).

I think we implemented jpegs as the preferred file type way-back-when so that peopel wouldn't upload animated gifs.

oh, and banks and egruntz you guys should be all set now.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Gideon, could I get my expired custom title back a well? I posted it earlier, but I'll post it again.

Leave Luck to Heaven

Thanks!

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
My avatar has dissapeared, I think it has to do with my membership expireing. In my user CP it appears but not next to my name in posts, if you could fix that, it would be great

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah, it was "Are you okay?" to complement my terry bogard avatar.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman

Chillaxin

Smash Cadet
Hey Gideon.. this actually doesnt have anything to do with the avator problem.. but i want to ask u something off topic..

Since u seem like an important guy in swf, ur a moderator, i was wondering if i get a name colour change since i do things for my area of smash, which is in brampton, ON.

Im in charge of video uploading and capturing, and i even bought the capture card for my area so we can get vids on youtube. I also help with organizing practises and stuff, (but not in my house).

Just wondering if i get a colour change thats all.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
For some reason, whenever I update my avatar, it shows it for about two posts, or the time I'm logged in, but when I come back, it's gone, and replaced with a link for "ODIN's avatar/Edit your avatar".

Here's the link;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Mancoon/Ganondorfawesomecopy3.jpg

I understand if there is a problem with the site right now. Take your time, and thank you in advance.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
My custom title disappeared again...
it was
"Are you okay?"

Smasher BP!

Smash Rookie
My custom title also disappeared. It was "A Hopeful Smasher".

I had a Custom Avatar and Title for a long time (I got 3rd in the July 2006 Contest), but I didn't like my Custom Avatar anymore. I changed it to the Sonic one I have now.

My custom title stayed for a while, and it's disappeared only recently, by recently, I mean in the last two days. I don't care about the custom avatar that much (because I didn't like it anymore), but I wanted to keep the title. If it was a all or nothing thing, I'd understand, but I highly doubt that it is since the title stood for a few days after the avatar change.

I just want to know if I could get my title back.

If you need proof, there's this:
Everyone did a great job once again as we got over a hundred responses to the survey.

Congrats to the following winners:

1st Place: Handorin (6 Months Emerald)
2nd Place: Eorlingas (1 Month Emerald)
3rd Place: Smasher BP! (1 Month Sapphire)

Thanks everyone for your participation! Look for another one of these contests to pop up later in August!!
Like I said, I just want my title back. I won't try to fool anyone by saying the custom avatar I had is the same as the one I'd want either (It isn't). I just want the title I had back.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
uh, after my premium ran out, my avatar somehow disappeared from my posts. it still appears next to the "Welcome, Dazwa" message in the top right of smashboards, but it's gone from any posts I make.

it's still on the site, etc.

can someone help me with this?

edit: aaaand it's back. either you guys are really fast or my avatar realized I was looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom