• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide CunningKitsune's Guide to Ace Arwing Pilot Fox McCloud

NG7

Smash Lord
I think I'm in love you Cunning Kitsune. Is that alright?

To quote part of a favourite Ray Charles song of mine.

Oooohh you give your hand to me. And then you say hello. I can hardly speak. My heart is beating so. And anyone can tell. You think you know me well. But you don't know me.

Oh you don't know the one. That dreams of you at night. Who longs to kiss your lips. And longs to hold you tight. No I'm just a friend. That's all I've ever been. You just don't know me. lalalala

Lub you darling!

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Awesome the new update includes character match-ups and they are very informative. I haven't read them all yet but what I have read until now is very well done. Excellent work Kitsune.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Cunning, you are the man. I remember reading this guide a while back when I got into the game, and you rlly helped out my Fox. Thanks for the help. Keep up the good work!

Btw, $5 MM Fox ditto?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I have been using Fox for a very short while,and it has been hard transfering from Falco to Fox.For 1,Fox's meteor sucks,his WD is a little harder,and his laser has no edge gaurding use.The only easy prospect of this char transfer is I at least know the move set.Anyone want me to make a Falco to Fox trasnfer guide?

Hoefler

BRoomer
Falco&Victory said:
I have been using Fox for a very short while,and it has been hard transfering from Falco to Fox.For 1,Fox's meteor sucks,his WD is a little harder,and his laser has no edge gaurding use.The only easy prospect of this char transfer is I at least know the move set.Anyone want me to make a Falco to Fox trasnfer guide?

...or you could just read Cunning's guide and actually start practicing with Fox.

Smash_2451

Smash Rookie
Excellent and well written guide.

I've used Fox for quite some time, and there are some things on that guide that I've never tried doing or seen before, but I'll have to give it a try if I want to become better.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
This is a really good Fox guide. I don't use Fox, but I like to know what he can do to my character/s I use. Good job!

Smash_2451

Smash Rookie
A general question for FAQs like this, but not only for Fox, but any character in general.

For people who consider themselves masters of SSBM and truly know their character(s) front and back, would you say that came from reading these guides and learning the techniques, or doing it your own way?

Also, did you relegate yourself to one character you knew you would excel with, or mix it up?

antimrgameandwatch

Smash Rookie
Now i'm going to read this, and after that i'm going to kill .. the one ... i think you know who... the name i don't want to say. and it iss a very nice guide :)

windwaker

Smash Rookie
holy crap mad props to u for all this info as far as i am concerned u r god u know ur stuff on fox and ur willing to share ur finds god job man keep up the good work

shinefox

Smash Cadet
wonderful guide, and it has helped me A LOT. im sorry if i didnt catch it in the guide, but could you explain the retreating SH blaster? thats an awesome looking manuever ive always wanted to learn, but didnt exactly know how.

ike--Luigi

Smash Rookie
good **** cunning.... now i hope u know when u see my fox winning it was due to your excelent input and time... thanks man.....

Sytar

Smash Ace
Kitsune:

Jabbing Luigi into an upsmash is a bad idea. A Luigi will quicker bat you in the face with a neutral air or crouch cancel into some devestating combo. In general, jabbing Luigi is a bad idea. I've been playing a Luigi lately and I rue the moments I decide to unleash my Jab. Luigi can stay out of your grab range and assault you while your jab will just leave you open to get downsmashed.

Oh, and...your guide is ****ing amazing. Bravo.

monty06

Smash Ace
yeah i play a luigi and they are more awkword to combo then u think and its not as easy as u think

audreyh

Smash Ace
"always some form of aggressive towards falcon"

anyone feel like you should play patiently against falcon? Falcon can punish aggressive foxes harshly. i main'd falcon for a long time and i did pretty well against foxes as long as i stayed aaway from the edge.

i think waiting out the falcon is better. making him come to you with ur laser. thoughts?

BIG C

Smash Master
IMO, that strategy can work, but if you just jump in with a well time nair falcon really can't do anything to stop it. Then, you can get a shine in at low %'s and combo but that's my opinion on the matchup even though I'd use my sheik vs falcon before fox prolly.

audreyh

Smash Ace
yea sheik might have an easier time cuz you can just needle camp and be patient and its so tough for falcon... but falcon can **** both fox and sheik if they make a mistake.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
This felt like the declaration of independence.....I'm finally done reading it and it was SO worth it. Thank you for putting this time and effort in making this thread I greatly appreciate it.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
fox and falco r like winning strategy's in a game of chess, if u do a move that threatens two important peices u have field control. fox/falco have that in this game they can do two attacks before the opponent can even respond and if u r fast enough and not show mercy they bacially have stock control lol :laugh: (its true though).

ApolloX54

Smash Apprentice
Ok I just need to clarify one thing.

About shining a Fox/Falco out of illusion. Do you shine when you hear the charge up sound or the whooshing sound?

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
wow, great guide! Ive never dwelled into any tricks with fox (untill recently) as I never much played my Cube. But since I got my wii Ive started playing again, more hard core and less casual then when I had my gamecube. This guide helps a lot!

Razed

Smash Ace
Best guide on the boards, that's for sure.

I read the whole thing, but I have to agree with RTD that there are too many words :/ You explained fox's normal A attack with almost 500 words! =/! As a result, not too many people will read all of it.

Secondly, I recommend you use the 'Star' systems to help rate Fox's matchups.

*= Piece of cake, you can't lost
**= You have the advantage here
***= Even match
****= You're at a disadvantage here
*****= You're kinda ****-outta-luck here; pick another char :/

Thanks for the guide, lots of good work =)

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Best guide on the boards, that's for sure.

I read the whole thing, but I have to agree with RTD that there are too many words :/ You explained fox's normal A attack with almost 500 words! =/! As a result, not too many people will read all of it.

Secondly, I recommend you use the 'Star' systems to help rate Fox's matchups.

*= Piece of cake, you can't lost
**= You have the advantage here
***= Even match
****= You're at a disadvantage here
*****= You're kinda ****-outta-luck here; pick another char :/

Thanks for the guide, lots of good work =)
there wouldnt be need for anything lower than 3 stars then.

Top Bottom