• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crush 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Well, I like Live&Learn, Open your heart and Escape from the city. I can't defend Crush 40... And don't want to... lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
This topic is now about this picture.

By the power vested inside my avatar, I grant support of this motion.

Also, Boxob, I think the report button works on posts now, so you don't have to do this anymore =D

I think the only reason why the Sonic boards aren't as "moderated" is because we're so used to it that we're too lazy to report posts lol.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

Also, Boxob, I think the report button works on posts now, so you don't have to do this anymore =D

I think the only reason why the Sonic boards aren't as "moderated" is because we're so used to it that we're too lazy to report posts lol.
Lucario boards are supposed to be pretty spammy too. I assume they don't want to keep up with the underused character boards cause soon enough most people will rush to the "good" characters and the bad characters will be all but forgotten. Like, no one posted on the Yoshi boards towards the end of Melee. Link saw quite a return though.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
the few crush 40 songs i've heard aren't bad.

and that Sonic pic that this thread is not about is disgusting. I seriously can't stand it.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I liked "Live & Learn" and "Open Your Heart" a lot.....not really a big fan of Crush 40 at all....

Lucario boards are supposed to be pretty spammy too. I assume they don't want to keep up with the underused character boards cause soon enough most people will rush to the "good" characters and the bad characters will be all but forgotten. Like, no one posted on the Yoshi boards towards the end of Melee. Link saw quite a return though.
And yes, the Lucario boards can get pretty spammy, too. hahaha

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

this post is 100% truthiness

__Lewis__

Smash Cadet
hey my bro. hates everything to do with sonic and yet he listens to crush 40 more often than
he checkes his myspace i may add.
So if your brother is stereotypical and in the age bracket of 14-25 year olds, he breathes Crush 40? Dangit.

I don't mind Crush 40. I didn't mind their interpretation of "His World", but then it reminds me of the game it came from.
Live and Learn is still pretty sweet.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Crush 40 does get a little carried away sometimes. But IMO, Live and Learn/Open Your Heart >>>> The song for the new Sonic game, Endless Possibility by Jared Reddick (Bowling For Soup):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmkZpXZ0G8A&fmt=18

Like...it's not awful, but just..."eh." Without the video I imagine the song would get very annoying.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
This account's join date doesn't lie.

Jun is awesome. So is 2009. So is Crush 40. I'll gladly let them do themes for games as they always have. Better then Endless Possibility. But that's not bad either.

Crush 40 gave us the best version of "All Hail Shadow", the obvious ones stated already, and I'm a fan of their music that isn't in Sonic games. Like Into the Wind, Watch me Fly, Dangerous Ground, and whatnot.

Knight of the Wind, I like it too. You wouldn't expect to, but it just screams epic. That, and I'm a sucker for swords.

tl;dr version?

no u boxob ♥

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
no........................... U!!!

To you they may suck, but I love me some Sonic games of all varieties. ...except for Sonic 2006's Sonic stages. Mach Speed Zones were painful...

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, on the other hand. I've been having a craving for playing that lately.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ohhhh snap. Lol

2006 was the only one that sucked imo, gameplay wise. Shadow the Hedgehog was fast too, and different from the average Sonic game. As for Sonic & the Black Knight? Epic as hell story with some good implimenting of the sword. Certainly it was a bunch of waggling, but whatever lets you have fun and keep on going with the speed? That's what I like. But hey, don't take my word for it. It's just my opinion.

Lmao Brawl+

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
no........................... U!!!

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, on the other hand. I've been having a craving for playing that lately.
This, and:

You should go play it, right now, it is an amazing game, even though I just spend most of my time as Hyper Sonic. I should see if I can do a normal speedrun/clowning around, and not just on Carnival Night Zone.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
sonic 3 & k, best sonic game imo. carnival night zone with sonic and tails gave me nightmares with the floating thing at the end of Act 2 (right before the boss). It took me the longest time to figure out to press down and up to get it to move... well, down and up. sigh.

and ice cap zone music rocks. got the midi as my ringtone.

someone should set up a retro sonic games thread. I wouldn't think of it as spam..

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It would be though, since the purpose of the Sonic boards sub-forum is to develop Sonic as a character in Brawl, not to talk about anything else.

As if that really happens though (at least sometimes, we do get stuff done), haha! <3

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Says the guy playing LOL+....
Says the guy who talks about the guy playing Brawl+. YOU HAVE NOW ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD.

:011:
As for Sonic & the Black Knight? Epic as hell story with some good implimenting of the sword. Certainly it was a bunch of waggling, but whatever lets you have fun and keep on going with the speed? That's what I like. But hey, don't take my word for it. It's just my opinion.
This has to be the 2nd worst Sonic game I have ever played. It looked pretty and had some great music, but it had two modes. Stop and Fast. You had to stop more though, which completely ruined the game. We kinda all agreed in the chat last night that the game sucks. :laugh:

Live and Learn is the only song I liked from Crush 40. Best song, from the best game.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
SA2B is ballin'.

S3&K is the best game ever.

:093:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Aren't the most recent games which Sonic had sucked? Sonic Unleashed (DAY TIME LEVELS) being the exception whch brought what Sonic was known for? Speeeeeeeeed.

Sega may not consistently give us good games but Crush40 at least, consistently gives us good music man =O

- Knight of the Wind
- Seven Rings in Hand
- His World
- What I'm Made Of <-- I wanted to make a music video using this about Sonic showing the people that looked down upon him at the start of Brawl. Seems fitting.
- Live and Learn
- Open Your Heart
- It Doesnt Matter (Sonic Adventure)

(Since I've lurked here for ages I know that Boxob is known for trolling and I might've fallen for it) >_>

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
LoL @ the music from Shadow the Hedgehog getting NO LOVE. NON AT ALL.
Oh well. Guess I'll enjoy it by myself.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Who said you were alone? :O

- Never Turn Back
- I Am (All of Me)

The others are good, but... Crush 40's version of All Hail Shadow is better. Shadow the Hedgehog was a **** awesome game.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Shadow's speed was pointless in that game. It pissed me off.
The fact that he was so fast, and you hardly ever needed it was annoying. You'd start running and realised you missed something for the mission...

It was a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom