• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

critique the playstyle above you

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Rockin, it's like really obvious to tell when you're scum and when you're town. Your overall logic makes so much more sense and your posts are much more coherent when you're town as opposed to when you're scum. When you're scum you're all over the place.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin, it's like really obvious to tell when you're scum and when you're town. Your overall logic makes so much more sense and your posts are much more coherent when you're town as opposed to when you're scum. When you're scum you're all over the place.
can you explain this a bit further?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i'd have to talk about ongoing games to show you otherwise i would

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
He's right tho.

Like there are a few games in the past that I've played you and I'm like... wow, ok Rockin is acting weird. Then you flip scum because your partners bus you for you playing so scummy or w/e. Then there are other games where you're like solid and your thoughts connect naturally and I'm like... wow ok, Rockin is obv town.

Also, thanks for the tips @ everyone else. I totally agree. Like Marshy said I get bored easily so when I do I usually act like a **** to draw out w/e possible.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
He's right tho.

Like there are a few games in the past that I've played you and I'm like... wow, ok Rockin is acting weird. Then you flip scum because your partners bus you for you playing so scummy or w/e. Then there are other games where you're like solid and your thoughts connect naturally and I'm like... wow ok, Rockin is obv town.

Also, thanks for the tips @ everyone else. I totally agree. Like Marshy said I get bored easily so when I do I usually act like a **** to draw out w/e possible.
That's weird.

I was told before by Marshy and Macman before that I'm laid back as townie, but get more 'serious business' when I'm scum. Hm.

I can't help but feel Ronike is right about me (we talked on AIM), to which I don't have a playstyle. Everytime I play, I feel like I never really have a playstyle at all...>>;;

In anycase, I guess it's something to work with.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I completely disagree.

Rockin was town and I scum in Megamafia and , wait hold on.

*pops da col', KevinM style*

There we go.

--and I pretty much fed him his own **** in the debates because he was so meandering and spastic. In his arguments he created a multitude of inconsistencies I was able to exploit. Yet he was very town.

On the other hand, he was scum in TLI. Tom and I seemed to have caught him early on with good ol' scumhunting and gambits (respectively), and yet we both let off on him because (speaking for myself, but I assume also Tom) because his logic connected all the dots and he made decent points under pressure. Tom and I were both town, and Rockin vastly outlived us, dying only when his town-alligned lover did.

I'd say Marshy nailed Rockin best of anyone. I'm not really sure what his issues are, but they really aren't what jf said, in my opinion.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Geez, where your law at now, J-Scott? Huh?

You're making a case. Burden of proof is on you -- prove this is Rockin's fault beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm disagreeing. I need only create a reasonable doubt to invalidate an umbrella statement about a playstyle, which must be right in all instances to work.

When batman starts again I'mma kick yo *** soooo gooooood buddeh

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
and f.y.i i'm f-l-y, and for those who can't spell, i'm a pretty swell guy.

i want to see EE play a game where he has an 150 word limit on all his posts.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
evil eye is right. rockin is hard to pin down because he seems similarly confusing and slightly helpful / slightly unhelpful both as town and scum. in TLI he did a very good job of both immediately attracting our attention and skirting away from the lynch until endgame.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't remember TLI too well (as i try not to) but didn't most the attention turnt o me after i made my whack *** stupid claim, which was given to me by Rockin/scumteam of whoever?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
changed to "critique playstyle above you" because half of yall are just saying "ooh ooh do me" and its getting annoying to read. if people want to critique others whove posted then they can feel freer
here you go!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Cacti: No offense man but I have nothing to say about you because you literally do nothing but claim your PR and ride till endgame coasting.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Kevin plays very good, however his playstyle gives people a good excuse to not listen to him which is easy for scum to hide behind and discredit him sometimes. Follow him if he seems to agree with your line of thinking.

Also Kevin should never replace into a game. Do not let Kevin sign up as a replacement for your game; Kevin & I discussed how it's a bad thing once. :(

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Macman: did you get hit on the head recently or something? I can't decide if you're over rated.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I thought this thread was for constructive criticism?

Tom for all your preaching about not making personal attacks in these games you seem to make things personal a lot. Or at least make them sound that way.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I thought this thread was for constructive criticism?

Tom for all your preaching about not making personal attacks in these games you seem to make things personal a lot. Or at least make them sound that way.
You're right about that; it really bothers me when people make personal attacks in games. And I get heated in games but I think I only respond in turn when someone does it to me - both KevinM and Macman have abused that in games before and tried to make me mad on purpose to see my reaction. I guess I have a hard time leading by example sometimes, but this isn't in a game, so that's my cop out for this call out. To be constructive, I would ask if Macman is having a hard time playing multiple games at once, and let him know that his play-style has become increasingly more frustrating without getting any more effective. I know I'm not the only person who feels this way.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Back on topic. I hate Kevin, completely and totally, but I can't help but like him. Can someone explain to me why he does what he does?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Back on topic. I hate Kevin, completely and totally, but I can't help but like him. Can someone explain to me why he does what he does?
Let me give you a hint. When someone throws out a vote without reasoning, unless the reason is obvious, they're probably fishing for reactions (or a newbie trying to emulate the good players that do so). As for how they read those reactions... I'm still figuring that one out. Besides, that's the classified part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom