• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

critique the playstyle above you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Chibo, i'm not really sure how to answer that question, it depends on what is directed at you. Sometimes, you can't do squat to convince people otherwise, like if it is your play style. Look for a hole in an argument, and point it out. Act like you are town if you aren't a townie.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yeah actually i hope thats a joke because i think thats some awful advice

though to be honest its something that DOES work on here more than it probably should. not that it should be encouraged

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Also, a great way to play defense is simply to tell the truth in the most streamlined way possible. Don't lie to cover your past reasoning, and don't try to convolute things. Usually if you're telling the truth, even if you made a slight mistake, other town players will understand why you did what you did. If you lie or if you continue a worthless argument or convolute your defense, scum can lynch you and then everyone will say, "but he was so scummy!"

Make your defense true and concise. Do not fret over things that don't matter. And don't only play defense. Defend yourself and then move on; point out what you find most scummy in the thread, especially if you can say something is scummy that hasn't yet been brought up and you aren't just parroting other people.

edit: But also do not reach too far. Grasping at straws is fine as long as you continue to flesh it out later or justify your reasoning.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
yeah actually i hope thats a joke because i think thats some awful advice

though to be honest its something that DOES work on here more than it probably should. not that it should be encouraged
Um... yeah, it is a joke, referencing what I had to do in scum wars. -.-

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Honestly I know my playstyle isn't really good but I like to just sit back and let mafia do their ****, but act sort of suspicious in a way to see trends and stuff because i figure most people would be more cautious early on

Handorin

Smash Hero
Honestly I know my playstyle isn't really good but I like to just sit back and let mafia do their ****, but act sort of suspicious in a way to see trends and stuff because i figure most people would be more cautious early on
*highfive*

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
do me

edit: cuz marshys gay

hando, i just never know what you are thinking when you play. You rarely give town your thoughts so it makes you seem like you are just lurking/being antitown purposely. Which smetimes comes off as scummy or just straight up makes people want to lynch/vig you.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
changed to "critique playstyle above you" because half of yall are just saying "ooh ooh do me" and its getting annoying to read. if people want to critique others whove posted then they can feel free

ive only completed one game with you xonar and you were scum. as scum dont try to cast doubt on the cops validity with silly wifom and also do more distancing/interacting/bussing with your buddies...especially the former

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
don't know much about circus or marsh king so

marshy's playstyle annoys me altho it's effective. he has great judgment but his insufficient content always leaves me aggravated from all perspectives. however, as much as it annoys me, it's solid. it's hard to hold anything against him and its very difficult to locate a scumtell. his safe and conservative playstyle in itself is pretty dangerous.

but i think what makes marshy the most dangerous is how other players react to him. a lot of players tend to give marshy too much power and listen to whatever he says just because he's marshy. ****s annoying.

speaking of which...

i fear mac's style the most. his too townie vibe hits me every game (and hes usually town). if i feel like he made a slip, it gets brushed off as just mac being stupid. if he ever pops up scum i have no clue if i'll be able to tell the difference.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Omni, you think of yourself too highly. Regardless of playing mafia games elsewhere, I'm sure you've realized that swf mafia is quite different. In addition, this high horse often prevents you from changing your mind once its made up, no matter the contrary evidence, a problem I have myself sometimes. Also, this attitude often gets you in over your head as when you go guns blazing, you also have a tendency to get easily riled, something people take advantage of sometimes to control you or get you lynched. I'd say just calm down and roll with it. If you could just calm down and be a bit more humble, you'd be **** good in my book.

@Circus: I think I've only been in L4S with you (if not I can't remember other games), which is obviously ongoing, but if you want some tips hit me up on aim.

@KK: Your playstyle is evolving a bit, so I don't have nothing to say to you til you settle down with your playstyle again.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
dont agree with omni about marshy. people dont really give him that much credit and it is easy to see when people disagree with him.

agree with ronike about omni. humble pie and also refraining from focusing on the setup or the flavor would make omni one of the best. but right now those two are bad problems to have.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
erm....tom...uh...

nope. don't got nothing LOL

same for Ronike. I don't really have nothing to critique on. I agree to what was said about Omni a bit.

As for KK, I guess just try to make a bit of sense in your post or logic and you should be fine.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I haven't been in a game with Rockin yet, nor have I read any games with him in it. Going passed that however, I have nothing for Tom. I can't think of any constructive criticism.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Tom: I really think you would be better at catching scum if you didn't review everyone and their pet's mafia games, seeing as how then you would be able to partake in the games and put those skillz to work.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i completely agree, actually. its about time i start playing more in dgames.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh. When you're one of the best of the best like Tom/Frozen, you have one major scum-tell that you can't escape from... living until endgame.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Not really. Lately in my scum games, I've been advocating leaving a vet alive so we can lynch him later with "Why is he still alive?"

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Not really. Lately in my scum games, I've been advocating leaving a vet alive so we can lynch him later with "Why is he still alive?"
Yeah. That idea didn't really work well for me in test subject mafia. :urg:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Suggestion for Macman

Stick with your decision. Sometimes I see you flip flopping from one person to another, as well as you agree with them one minute, then disagree with them in another minute (to sometimes re-agreeing). I know it's difficult to stick with a decision you make, but you're gonna have to, so that way your views could be taken more seriously instead of imbalanced. Everyone knows you're a helpful townie, so it's best to have the confidence of one.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
chibo/karthik trying to get critique without giving it

covered nick/rockin

i fear mac's style the most. his too townie vibe hits me every game (and hes usually town). if i feel like he made a slip, it gets brushed off as just mac being stupid. if he ever pops up scum i have no clue if i'll be able to tell the difference.
does he have lame suspects that dont line up with yours? what does process of elimination say? i use that for kevin too. not sure if the former is good universal advice though because personally my suspicions often align with theirs when were both/all ggs

totally agreed with tom/ronike about you. also think you should consider replacing into games you find interesting instead of starting them because i see you often get bored

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Pierre said:
I will be the first to disagree with that.
I'll be the second. If you're scum, PR-claiming isn't a good idea unless absolutely necessary, because there's too much risk of cc's, unless it's a really obscure game (Read: Monster Island)

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll be the second. If you're scum, PR-claiming isn't a good idea unless absolutely necessary, because there's too much risk of cc's, unless it's a really obscure game (Read: Monster Island)
I did that in Totally Normal Mafia as the Warlock. Claimed tracker, got my second lynch, gg I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom