• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critical analytical extra-good video matchup thread

Nicole

Smash Champion
Video Analyzing

Ok!

Here is where we will watch a video of some high level players in order to stimulate matchup discussion and also to learn these matchups better and learn what style works best in what situations/matchups. We will also talk about what stages were played on and how they help/hurt us in the matchup and what Peach can do about combating the character on that stage, as well as just combating the character.

Today's Discussion:

Here's a matchup that no one plays correctly. I make alot of mistakes here, but this is a matchup I feel we should only lose if the Olimar player is better than us. I think it is heavily in our favor, however we (mostly) seem to have a lot of trouble with it.
:peach: Nicole v Cook :olimar:

http://www.youtube.com/user/2link121#p/u/7/vhAsw9F4_oE

Past discussions:

What We Learned:
**Dair -> falling nair pressures Zamus's shield well. You can follow up with a quick jab or ftilt if Zamus lets her shield down after this, and if you land behind her she won't be able to do anything but roll away from you.

**Use your turnips wisely. You can juggle Zamus in the air with turnips, force an airdodge, and approach much easier from the air if you have thrown one of these out in front of you.

**Take advantage of Zamus when she is high up in the air. She can only airdodge or dair, and her dair is pretty bad (and you can react and airdodge it and punish her landing lag).

**Nair OOS against Zamus - she is used to pressuring opponents shields but she can't do it very well in this MU.

**Stay up close to Zamus. She wants you to be far away from her so that you cannot punish her lag. Always stay on her if you can and don't let her get space between you.

**Don't float too much - stay close to the ground and don't challenge her in the air. Peach should be in the air when Zamus is on the ground.

**Watch your recovery. Zamus has a ton of ranged attacks and killpower in her side-b and bair, and she can quickly jump up and punish a Peach who is trying to recover high. Use your float wisely and stay safe. Try to recover low whenever possible. Toad is probably not THAT bad if you are stuck in a dangerous place, too high up. Since Zamus doesn't have multiple jumps, although she can get to you, she can't stay close to you - she has to land. (I can't believe there's a situation where toad might be okay to use).

**Don't try to punish Zamus when she is on a platform. Her dsmash goes through and you will eat alot of damage. If you have a turnip in hand, just throw it up there instead. Otherwise just let her alone.

**Don't force the kill against Zamus. She is an excellent punisher but a terrible approacher. When you have a pretty good lead, let her try to approach you and punish her laggy moves. But don't get too defensive and let her pressure you. Keep a turnip with you while you camp her and you'll be able to punish her and feel safer. You don't need to actively try to hit her with turnips when you camp. Be patient.

What we Learned:
** Peach must abuse OOS options and small combos to rack up damage on the MK in this MU.

** Uairs are a great option in this MU, especially against an MK who wants to dair. Those uairs by Peach are monstrous. If a Metaknight is hovering above me throwing out dairs, I'm coming out with uair.

** To win this MU, you need (mostly) consistent mental stamina. Peach players don't normally have that come-back composure. Desperation hits most Peach players hard and we start seeing fair spam or a frantic search for stitchies. Peach needs to continue playing the matchup correctly and stay patient and cautious. Throwing out kill moves and spacing poorly is not the way to win this MU.

** Don't corner yourself when nado or glide attack comes. You don't need to run away too far. You can do a foxtrot away or walk away just to give yourself space to retaliate but don't get in a bad position. Of course running across the stage isn't always a bad option, but if you go too far you won't be able to punish MK. Always keep punish options in mind. And keep your position on the stage in mind too - Peaches in general don't do this enough.

** You can and should use float in this MU. Most Peaches think that you can't float much at all in this MU, but you can and you should. Peach can float over MK's ground moves and punish them. Floating is an excellent option in the MU, it's just situational.

** Don't try to Dtlit tornado. If you're on the ground, just use fsmash or ftilt instead. Or shield and punish. There are many good options for punishing tornado. Dtilt isn't one of them.

** Use turnips! Just pull them wisely so that you don't get punished.

:peach: Illmatic v Nike :marth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QguUdTm7w-Q

Nicole

Smash Champion
I'll go first.

Some effective things Ill did:
* Dair -> nair on shield is pretty effective at pressuring her shield. This is a good thing as she has not very good OOS options and Peach can really pressure Zamus's shield well. A couple times, Ill didn't space the dair right and got utilted. Even though Zamus's options aren't that good you still need to watch your spacing.
* Took advantage of Shlike's over-aggresiveness. Zamus is used to pressuring people but she can't pressure Peach that well. Peach is much better at it.
* Took advantage of Zamus's bad positioning. Watch him throw a million turnips up in the air and keep Shlike there forever. It's really nice. In the first match Ill makes quite a comeback, heavily based on just doing this. If you get Zamus high in the air, keep her there. Her dair is pathetic and she only has her airdodge - like Snake, you can really juggle the hell out of her.
* Nice use of turnips in general. Zamus can't really deal with these all that well. They help screw her game up and cramp her style. She wants to be far away with alot of space in between to keep her laggy moves from being a problem, and turnips both help punish from far away and help approach and keep Zamus from dominating in the air.

Some Ineffective things Ill did:
* Ran into alot of dsmashes/dumb stuff in general. Especially on Brinstar...Peach cannot afford to run into stupid stuff. It's hard because you should be aggressive and pressure Zamus, but you can't get hit by much or you'll die very early.
* Offstage ****. Shlike kills Ill when he is offstage trying to recover several times. Peach is really vulnerable here. It's probably best to just recover low. Don't get dsmashed though, it's not THAT hard to avoid if you know how to do it, and it's much better than the alternative of getting killed at 90% by bair or side-b.
* Picked Brinstar. Ill I know you love brinstar but I really have some doubts about it in this MU. It looked to me like Shlike was just playing the same as he always did and didn't like the stage and didn't try to use it to his advantage much. I really hesitate to bring characters here who are better in the air than Peach is. It worked out for Ill, barely, probably because Shlike made some dumb decisions at the end moreso than the stage was actually that effective. The small stage is good against her so that Peach can keep pressure, but the emphasis on air combat isn't a good thing against Zamus and the small blastzones allow Peach to die earlier than ever.

What else?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
tasty!

Some effective things I did (not already mentioned):

*Good use of weak hit bair (freefall) to fair.

I do it right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y#t=1m48s

and I also do it game three on Brinstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y#t=9m06s

(that is one of my favorite kills of all time because I mix a turnip in it).

*Good use of F-tilt in general.

I was surprised at how well that was working against Shlike after my fair. In fact I even mis-spaced my fair so Shlike would drop his shield and try to punish me. When he dropped it, I quickly let out my F-tilt and punished him for trying to punish me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y#t=2m49s

This is a really good tactic now that I think about it, I'm going to use it more often. I also get alot of hits with F-tilt against Shlike later on in the match.

*Really good spacing with nairs

I got alot of nairs out of shield against Shlike and I also used dair->falling nair to keep him pressured. I tried to predict his airdodge with nair when he was falling and it hit most of the time.

Bad things I did (not already mentioned):

*Trying to punish ZSS on a platform.

Ugh.. I got hit by D-smash soo much by just trying to full hop fair Shlike when he was on a platform.. I got punished badly by it almost every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y#t=4m33s

is a example of it happening as well as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y#t=6m15s,

and again -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y#t=7m05s

Against other characters it's fine.. but I won't be doing it as often against ZSS again.

*Terrible Fair spacing.

My fairs.. were really off. When I threw them out I usually got punished by Side-B if it was bad (which is weird because my fair is usually my better spaced move.)

*Too much aggression.

There were times throughout the set when I had such a hard lead that I could have just camped with turnips (since it was working well in the first place) and won easily. For example at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y#t=7m02s

I had such a hard lead first stock... if I wasn't so busy trying to kill Shlike and just weave into him when I found an opening I could have taken game three easily. Another instance is game two near the beginning.

*Terrible recovery

I got hit by almost every bair / side smash offstage.

*Sometimes staling kill moves

For example, my first kill against Shlike in the entire set took until 201%. That's unacceptable for ZSS.

I really like this idea! It helps me understand what I was doing wrong / right and it allows others to throw in their comments and vice versa.

Awesome thread! Good stuff Nicole

z00ted

why do good threads die so quickly?

ummmm should we do a new video?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Uhm I can try to get some Peach vs fox replays with Trevonte this weekend (not saturday though, ill be intoxicated all day long) if someone COUGH 2link COUGH would be willing to record :>

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
*Terrible recovery

I got hit by almost every bair / side smash offstage.

I think its important to be really patient when recovering as Peach. Peach can sit in the air for a really long time with float, toad, and side b. Try using this to bait your opponent. You don't simply have to go after the stage as soon as your put in the position where you need to recover. For example, I think you were out of your float at 4:28 of the video. The ZSS immediately went after you off stage. Using Toad to stall in the air could have helped you avoid being killed.

Nicole

Smash Champion
well, let's use our comments about the videos to talk about matchup specifics. i kind of meant this to be a matchup thread, with an in depth video to go off of which shows a good illustration of things that happen in that mu and what each character is capable of against the other. it shows some stuff that we should do, some stuff that is problematic that we can try to think of ways around, and some stuff that we shouldn't do. so yeah...if you guys need anything to talk about, that's a good place to start.

i have to watch night at the roxbury or else i would type more!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You guys are haters and I love this idea I may borrow this idea for the Falco video thread if you don't mind?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i'd say somethin' but i've seen this set like 2 times already so i'll shut up lol.

i guess we shud all try to get recent vids. i smash a little right now, i got better haha

we shud prob periodically (at least once a month) provide footage n stuff.

Metatitan

Smash Master
i'd say somethin' but i've seen this set like 2 times already so i'll shut up lol.

i guess we shud all try to get recent vids. i smash a little right now, i got better haha

we shud prob periodically (at least once a month) provide footage n stuff.
Implying we have ways to get them recorded....
I don't think 2link deserves the hassle of constantly uploading for all of us.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm, don't worry about it Meta. I actually miss putting some Peach material on my channel(although that's partly my fault since I did actually get busy a couple months ago when Nicole and Dinah wanted some stuff recorded). I'm going to be recording some stuff for Ill soon though. If anyone else has stuff they want recorded feel free to ask.

:rosalina:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hey, can we discuss these vids?

Yami(Peach) vs Gon(TL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6QQ2-jPPE

Leon(Peach) vs Staco(MK) game5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBKHNZj3dT4

Edit: I watched your vid vs Shlike Illy.

You seem to have a really good understanding of Peach's moveset.

*Nice use of bairs, jabs, and glide-tosses to grabs
*Work on being patient when recovering from the air and off the ledge, and work on not opening yourself w/ full hop aerials like bair, you got punished for it a few times.

Nicole

Smash Champion
yes, let's discuss leon v. staco
i think i have some stuff to say for this one as it's my favorite matchup, but i'll let someone else go first this time.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Leon vs. Staco

The way Leon approached at the very beginning of the match was pretty typical. Glide toss > dair
It wasn't spaced very well and it resulted in him being punished with shuttle loop and proceeded to put Leon in a bad situation in the air.
Staco now has the momentum.

What I like about the Europeans is that they use Peach's float at the ledge intelligently and quickly. Leon got a nice little combo from doing this.

At around 50 seconds you get to see a glimpse of what I think is very important in Peach's metagame... up airs. They're so good and if spaced correctly and used quickly, can keep lots of pressure and do sexy combos.

In most situations, you don't want to be in the air vs. MK, especially on platforms. Unfortunately, Leon tripped and got shuttle looped in the face. However, the moving platform can be used to our advantage with fast autocancelled aerials into other moves.

About 1:16 seconds into the match, I feel that Leon hasn't done a very good job combating tornado. He's been in the air at inappropriate times and initially his spacing wasn't very good against it.

At 1:45, Peach is not in a good position in the match. Leon is down a stock and already at 85%. This doesn't look good at all!! Thankfully, Peach has a lot of tools to bring matches back and Leon had the mental strength to stay in the match. Never give up!!

A little bit after this, Leon did a great job baiting tornado and smashed right through it with the golf club for the kill. Smart move!! :)

Peach then gains the momentum with a sexy upair > nair > ftilt combo. This shows that you need to be very comfortable with Peach's moveset in order to string combos together. You also have to be fast about it, especially against MK who can punish you right back with his broken moveset. He then showcased another smart use of up airs and basically ties up the match.

Close to 3 minutes, Leon gets a sexy upsmash kill after autocancelling a fair on the moving platform. In this case, throwing MK up and baiting shuttle loop was very smart and resulted in a very clean kill.

Leon kept the pressure on the last minute and he really benefited from that. He punished two tornadoes back to back. That's a good way to get inside a MK player's head. Way better spacing on his fairs too.

I approve!

Great match and Leon brought it back.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I definitely agree with your analysis there Kyle.

One thing I want to highlight is a SAFE KO setup that I was throwing around and that Leon tried two times in the match. When metaknight hits > 95%, grab him -> pummel to roughly 105% -> dthrow -> upair.

It didn't work because staco buffered a jump + dair at the same time, but if MKs don't know to do this, you can KO them with the upair. It's amazing and if you miss it, you are completely safe.

I feel the sway of the match went the way it did because of two things:
1. Leon definitely kept his cool and started spacing better and utilizing uair more.
2. At the same time Staco lost his cool and got too aggressive. A metaknight with a one stock lead and 85% advantage should not be approaching. By the end of the match, you could see that Staco looked out of options and tried to bum-rush Leon with aerials.. who countered with Peaches' moveset.

IMPORTANT: Look at 2:15 in the movie and watch Leon punish a dair spamming MK with Upair
Leon started doing what I think Peach does as good as any top tier and that's abuse OOS options and small combos to rack up damage on the MK. And as Kyle said, those uairs by Peach are monstrous. If a Metaknight is hovering above me throwing out dairs, I'm coming out with uair.

The one thing I saw that I think could have changed the match though is Staco wrongly chose to dair after that initial uair, which could not hit Peach at all and therefore got him comboed He should have thrown out nair because it covers a wider area and would have at least traded with Peach's nair.

I think that was the big switch in the match. A poor choice of moves by Staco and smart moves and patience by Leon.

z00ted

I hate European Peaches..

I hate watching European players.. ugh :/ I'm sorry.. I guess it's just me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Leon's strongest trait to me is his noted consistent mental stamina. I don't know if it's a carry-over from his Marth play, but Peach players don't normally have that come-back composure. Desperation hits most Peach players hard and we start seeing fair spam or a frantic search for stitchies.

Leon always keeps it cool because the dude doesn't seem to give a fuh. "Peach can't kill" doesn't mean anything to him.

Kinda scary.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Leon's strongest trait to me is his noted consistent mental stamina. I don't know if it's a carry-over from his Marth play, but Peach players don't normally have that come-back composure. Desperation hits most Peach players hard and we start seeing fair spam or a frantic search for stitchies.

Leon always keeps it cool because the dude doesn't seem to give a fuh. "Peach can't kill" doesn't mean anything to him.

Kinda scary.
You see that in his Grand Final matches vs Mr. R as well.
He WILL go in and KO you. It doesn't look like he is frantic about either

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You see that in his Grand Final matches vs Mr. R as well.
He WILL go in and KO you. It doesn't look like he is frantic about either
Indeed, Leon has that killer mentality. It clearly shows in his set vs Orion. He goes offstage against MK with his Marth and tries to gimp him. Ballsy. xD

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i just like how leon doesn't corner himself when nado or glide atk comes. he'd like do a foxtrot away or walk away just to give himself space to retaliate but he won't run all the way to the other side and get in bad positioning.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Some effective things Leon did:
* Made a great comeback. MK hits Peach alot, but his moves don't do that much damage. Peach's moves do double the damage his do. So keep that in mind. Peach can always come back against MK, but you have to be patient and continue playing the matchup right.
* Floated. Most Peaches think that you can't float much at all in this MU, but you can and you should. Leon floats over MK's ground move and punishes it several times. And he uses float to uair MK when he is dairing. Floating is an excellent option in the MU, it's just situational, and Leon uses it at the correct times.
* Never put himself in a bad position (after the first 50 seconds or so). He doesn't go offstage, he doesn't go near the edge, he doesn't go above MK, and he doesn't approach with obvious methods or poor spacing. Of course this is easier in the Euro metagame where MK is willing to approach. Sometimes you have to put yourself in a bad position here. However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't know how to stay out of trouble and I think Leon shows us how to do that nicely here.

Some ineffective things Leon did:
* Kept trying to dtilt nado. I'm not really sure what this was all about, but it never worked and Leon got tornado'ed a whole bunch for trying it. Notice later in the match he instead decides to fsmash tornado with much better results. Just ftilt or fsmash if you are on the ground - it is much more likely to go through nado.
* Attempted groundfloat mindgames. Leon only does this for a little while, but MK simply stuffs these. Around 1:32 Leon tries this, and it leads to him taking 85%. If the MK doesn't know the MU this might work, but you're just setting yourself up for a loop, a grab, or a nair if you're up against a knowledgeable MK. You can trick MK, I just don't think groundfloating while he is on the ground with you is the way to do it.
* Not enough turnips. Leon hardly uses any. While it's true that MK can punish turnip pulls and you should be careful about that, turnips really do help against MK, especially when he is in the air. Turnips are never a bad thing as long as you pull them wisely. Leon is an excellent Peach but this is the one area I would have to criticize about him - he doesn't use enough turnips.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
dtilt negates or beats grounded nados sometimes.

if dtilt negates it and they buffer drill rush u can get usmash kills. i've done it myself in tourney a couple times.

Cook

Smash Master
^F-tilt can do the same thing, comes out faster, and works on more than just grounded tornado, so it was probably still a bad idea for Leon to try to rely on d-tilt. Just sayin'!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Cook doesn't exist as a human entity. I'm pretty convinced that "his" account is a digital manifestation of Nicole's penis envy.

z00ted

ITT: Watch Illmatic get *****!

I need some videos where I win.

Anyways.. Pretty bad stuff here. First stock I was keeping up and I was getting some decent reads / nice pressure but I felt as though I couldn't even get near him to kill him (was getting outranged) and Nike just knew what I was about to do so he never put himself in a situation where it could happen. My rolls and dodges were really bad and I also jumped way too much. Probably should have pulled more turnips and stayed on the ground alot more often.

That's all I got, I've gotten better at the matchup though.

Nicole

Smash Champion
hey you won the shlike set ^

anyways, two major things I noticed:

1) Positioning is KEY against Marth. When he is on the ground you can't be floating in the air anywhere near him. If you are in front of him in the air at a 45 degree angle you will most likely get hit. Float dair is a terrible idea against a grounded Marth - he can easily punish it with an upB OOS or a quick 4-frame fair. Not to mention that you put yourself at risk to get tippered at this angle and position - see Ill losing his first stock. When you and Marth are both onstage, it's not a bad idea to treat him like MK to an extent. It's not possible to approach him from the air while he is grounded without taking an unnecessary risk. So stay on the ground when he is grounded and wait for him to approach in the air. When he is in the air, that's your chance to use some anti-air ground moves such as ftilt and fmash or go in the air with him and use bair or fair. Which brings me to my next point

2) Your choice of moves is also key against Marth. Ill tries too many dairs, and when Nike is playing defensively and walling all of Ill's air approaches by staying grounded, Ill tries to throw out some bairs when he gets behind (which go through Marth's fair), but they don't work. Marth should be reacted to, not approached. A defensive Marth is difficult to get around (that's why I personally think it's not a great MU for Peach) but it's best to try to bait him instead of using moves that are reponses to his. First bait, then punish. You can't throw out moves that will hit through his and expect them to work if he isn't using his moves in the first place.

also you could use your turnips better offstage. you could z-drop them right off the ledge so that he cant stall as easily with over b and you have a better chance of gimping him. I think marth is rather hard to gimp since you don't really know when he's going to up-b, but it's not impossible and well worth trying since an early kill on marth forces him to approach and makes the MU alot easier for Peach.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
hey you won the shlike set ^

anyways, two major things I noticed:

2) Your choice of moves is also key against Marth. Ill tries too many dairs, and when Nike is playing defensively and walling all of Ill's air approaches by staying grounded, Ill tries to throw out some bairs when he gets behind (which go through Marth's fair), but they don't work. Marth should be reacted to, not approached. A defensive Marth is difficult to get around (that's why I personally think it's not a great MU for Peach) but it's best to try to bait him instead of using moves that are reponses to his. First bait, then punish. You can't throw out moves that will hit through his and expect them to work if he isn't using his moves in the first place.

I usually don't agree with this at all, but against Marth using Peach I 100% agree.

- Marth's approach with a fair or aerial on your shield -> Throw out nair or bair OOS
- Marth approaches with an aerial or attack that's out of your OOS range... throw out a dash attack to outrange him on the ground
- If Marth doesn't approach harass him with turnips.

I've also realized that the key to me winning is controlling the center of the stage. When I do that it makes the Marth feel like he HAS to approach, and so he starts whiffing and junk and I can hit him with counter attacks.

z00ted

We don't need to critique/review this set, but I just thought I would share this with you because it was done so well.

After my last tournament (where I lost to Trela - AGAIN) I asked him to help me out and tell me what I was doing wrong. He's an awesome guy, so when he got home he PM'd me this!

Trela said:
We're gonna take a look at what exactly you're doing wrong, and in this PM, I'm gonna be using our Set from HoM as an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLJz3KUTJY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09B7aGmQJJc&feature=channel_video_title

Like I had said before, you did the same stuff to me yesterday as you did in these matches. Now, I may not be able to give you everything you need to know to get better overall, but I am going to try and help you get rid of your bad habits!

How am I gonna do this, you say? Simple! I'm just gonna talk about each thing that I see in these matches that changed how the Set ended in my favor. Now onto the matches themselves!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 1

0:00 - 0:26 = The match starts with your usual Turnip pulls into some sort of damage racking. My Aura Spheres can't do much to them without a good amount of aura, so I have to rely on goin' in on ya until I obtain that aura to stop them. This is shown at 0:22, when I read the pull and try to get a quick air combo in, but I brang out my Fair too early.

0:27 - 0:54 = Nothing special here. This is how the beginning of our matches always go lol.

0:55 - 1:23 = I now have enough aura to push my Aura Spheres through your Turnips. As you can see at 0:57, I'm waiting for you to throw that crap so I can go through it with my crap, but I wasn't patient enough and waisted a good chance to change the momentum of the match. At 1:19, I begin to wait for an opportunity to hop away from your wall of Fairs, but again, I wasn't patient enough lol.

1:24 - 2:07 = *gets more powerful*

2:08 - 2:59 = My aura is back! And just like before, I expect another Turnip to come my way at 2:08 and manage to get the hit in this time. I see the float coming my way at 2:11, since you always start floating when you get hit with something, and then Bair it. With my fully charged Aura Sphere, I'm now ready to begin my work! I know that you really want to get the kill in as soon as you come down with your Fair (it's always your Fair), but I also know that my Aura Spheres are now big enough to reach your float approaches while I'm on the ground. I mean, take a look at 2:21! At 2:27, I begin charging up another Spirit Bomb, but I know that you're expecting it this time, so I take advangate of the situation and mix it up with a Dair. Now usually when you're inside me after you finish your little Turnip stuff, you'll try to get a hit in from your float. I see this at 2:33, but you were patient enough to wait to punish my punish. THAT right there is what you are good at. THAT is one of the main reasons that I believe you beat other players. You're really good at doing this, basically! Remember one thing, though:

I SEE YOU, ILLMATIC!

Going back to the current situation we were both in, I know that you like to punish other peoples punishes, so I expect the Bair and Shield Grab it. This was a win-win situation for me, sadly. Either the Fsmash was going to smack you out of your float or it was going to be used as bait to get you to try and punish it, cause you can't punish my Fsmash like that! After getting the Bthrow on you at 2:35, I get ready to punish the float that's coming my way with a Bair, since this is what you always do after getting hit, like I had said. The rest of this part of the match is just whatever lol. I see the Fair at 2:56 and react with an Fsmash, which then puts me in the lead against you. Mission accomplished, Trela!

3:00 - 3:22 = First things first here; You are PISSED. After what just happened to your last stock, well, let's just say that you have never wanted me THIS dead before lol. I can prove it with 3:04 to 3:08. I'm literally just STANDING there, saying this to you and everyone else watching our Set:

Anyways, moving onto 3:11. I know you want to punish my Fair with Bair, so I Dair you before you can hit me. Same thing again at 3:19, but before I could get the second hit in, you kill me with Uair.

3:23 - 4:44 = The rest of this match is just me reading the same old stuff you do. After the air combo at 4:03, I stop your float with another air combo. At 4:27, I read your jump off of the ledge, since you always do that when you're on the ledge. Same thing again at 4:38. I bait an Fsmash so you can jump and let me punish you with a Bair. Game!

Game 2

0:00 - 0:51 = You did a great job here, buddy! Since I can't do much to Peach without some aura to back me up, and since the ship on RC is really small, I get pressured pretty hard. I couldn't find a way to get away from you when I was stuck at the left side of the stage at 0:43 with that kind of pressure. There was no way I was keeping that stock!

0:52 - 1:10 = The same thing that happened to me on my first stock happens to you here lol. You get pressured near the Blast Zone to the left and then miss landing on the carpet at 1:07 after air dodging my Aura Sphere and get hit by my Fsmash. Looks like we both got ***** in some sort of way!

1:11 - 1:58 = Nothing noteworthy really happens here. You did what you do best and punished anything that I tried to punish you with.

1:59 - 2:24 = I have the aura once again! I can now outprioritize your Turnips with my Aura Spheres, and that's exactly what I do at 1:59. I then read your ledge jump at 2:02, but I didn't space my Bair correctly. The rest of this part of the match is just me stopping you in the air.

2:25 - 3:18 = This is when I pull out my novel titled, "My Name is Illmatic", opened it to page 47, and began to recite the highlighted sentence in paragraph 2. After the Dthrow at 2:30, I awaited a float to come and shot my Aura Sphere before you could do anything. I figured you wanted me dead by now, I expected the Fair at 2:32 and got some Fairs in, and since I know you like to punish me before I can punish you, I jumped away after your Fsmash at 2:34 and didn't bother to try anything risky. I knew you were going to float after I DA'ed you at 2:42 and Bair'ed it. You should be able to figure out the rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what exactly have you been doing wrong, and why have you been losing to me? Let me give you a list of your bad habits:

- You Glide Toss your Turnips towards your opponent way too much, even if it is your way to start up some combos.
- Every single time you get hit with something, you begin to go afloat, leaving you wide open for just about anything.
- Whenever you're on the ledge, you'll always leave it by jumping and Dairing.
- If the opponent is around kill percentage, you'll use Fair and Fair only until they're dead, unless you see an opening to punish them with something else.
- You try to punish anything that hits you or your shield.
- You never mix anything up.

That's basically the tl;dr version of your PM. Those things that I listed above are why I'm always beating you. I always remember these little habits when playing you, and it's all I really need to beat you, too, at this point.....

I hope I helped it in some sort of way, bud. I know you can be a great player in the future, if you aren't already lol. I also know that you can overcome this kind of stuff with the right mindset. Good luck, Illmatic!
Amazing!!!

This gives me a great mindset on the Lucario matchup and my playstyle in general. I hope by sharing this it helps everyone else out too!

Top Bottom