• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crews at an upcoming tourney?

nickcam

Smash Ace
I've already posted this in the havoc results thread but figured i might aswell post this here so everyone could read it. As you all saw crews at havoc were pretty hyped even though they were last minute and not very organized. The hype in the brawl scene has pretty much died over the past couple months. I remeber at one point we had all people watching and cheering during important matches, whether it be JTP vs brose (Roll into rest made the room explode), ally vs kingace for the first time (The famous "I got this"), or Lain vs brose (Best set in ontario smash history). Now what do we have to talk about. The brawl scene has become pretty boring in my opinion(aside from IC/falco dittos... lol), no one even watches the high end matches anymore. I think crews should be hosted at an upcoming tourney whether it be at pownz, sauga tourney etc. to revitalize some of the hype in this community. I was just interested on others opinions on this because if the majority agrees then it will happen

Sanu

Smash Champion
There is no hype for a simple reason...

You don't have Adnan in your community :laugh:

KC18

Smash Journeyman
i definately feel crews should be a part of our tourney's. how we fit it in a tourney schedule i have no idea but i'm sure it can be done in an efficient manner

PND

Smash Champion
Well, look how hype crews was at havoc. I mean, the room erupted with the 9 hammers and KC's shoryukens. Hell, I'd be down for a doubles & crews only tourney. Screw singles, doubles and crews is where the hype's at.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Teams is definately NOT hype lol, 4 mks on 1 screen YOU GUYS ARE SO COOLLL

To fit crews into the mix, 1 thing has to be done: no pools

So lets say we have 30 people, 10 setups.
teams bracket 12-3, singles 4-7, crews til closing

Tin Man

Smash Hero
i definately feel crews should be a part of our tourney's. how we fit it in a tourney schedule i have no idea but i'm sure it can be done in an efficient manner
:laugh: U know why I'm laughing, ggs man, I got mad DI, so don't even try the YOU MAD/shoryuken at 50% ;).

1 way to get more hype in the brawl scene is upsets, when u see a new match up happen later on in the tournament for the 1st time, its exciting, but then after that when u see the same people win it gets boring :ohwell:

I say we have a crews only double elimination tourney and see how well that goes.

Now...

If we do regional crews, that means that we have to accept that some people are stronger then others and NO JOHNS IF ONE REGION IS STACKED *cough*sauga*achoo*.

1 problem with regional crews is seeding, it helps if its a double elimination tourney.

The other way to do crews is draft which will be more fair because there will be an equal amount of skill on each team. Take the top 8 in the region, make them captains, and have the 8th place person pick 1st then the 1st place person pick last, then go back to the 8th place captain, until a crew is filled with 5 players.

Seeding wouldn't matter because all the crews are "equal"

And having a crew tournament is good hype because u always get tense people that want u to be 5 km away from them when they are playing a tourney bracket because they are allowing to much tension to get to them when playing -_- (everyone take notes from jaske, he's cool shi t)

Finally, how would money be applied to this, how much to charge per person, and how will the pot be split. Assuming there are 8 crews of 5, 40 people times 10 is 400, then divide that by 5 and the winning team members each get 80, sound cool?

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I'm posting LBT2 in about half a week, it will be a week after our first week back at school, or even 2, I got a venue, just let me know what date you all like better.

And I will need help organizing it, so help me if you can guys :p

nickcam

Smash Ace
I was gonna suggest doing it first and holding doubles off til the end for just one tourney(4 mk's lol). Also most likely it would be regional to promote competition but as always if regions dont have enough people then they can recruit other players. Draft always sounds good in the beginning but then seperating players becomes a problem, ie certain players dont wanna play against their frineds etc..... As for a crews only tourney i doubt people would come all the way down to wherever jsut to do crews singles would need to happen too. Plus if crews is left to the end theres always a chance of people leaving after singles and what not or people playing friendlies etc. It has to be as hype as possible with everyone watching

Gichan

Smash Champion
Matches aren't hype cause we don't have many outsiders anymore. We see the same god **** matches all the fucjking time. I love wathing u and c people play though, those are exciting. Like the match between Hype and Raidos, **** like that.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yeah do not remove doubles.. speaking of doubles TOs really need to ban double mk. its broken as hell and 4 mks on the screen is honestly just stupid

atleast with that you will see only 1 or 2 mks in a doubles match.. not 3 or 4

nickcam

Smash Ace
I hear what ur all saying about doubles but what im suggesting is just to leave doubles to the end for just one tourney. Doubles seems to take a ridiculous amount of time because people are doing stuff and getting lunch and u gotta get 4 people ready to play 1 set which takes a while sometimes. If its left til the end i think people really wont have anything else to do and will just play their matches. Double mk is broken but thats for another thread. Also straight brackets is an option that could probably work unless over 32 people enter singles

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
maybe we can do crews as the tourney is going, you only need 1 t.v so it shouldnt affect the tourney much,just a thought

but yeah crews is too good,needs to happen way more often

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
It's more hype if crews is the only thing that is going on. I think our tournys need more doubles pools tbh.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
yeah do not remove doubles.. speaking of doubles TOs really need to ban double mk. its broken as hell and 4 mks on the screen is honestly just stupid

atleast with that you will see only 1 or 2 mks in a doubles match.. not 3 or 4
This.

Concerning crews, I didnt like how you guys handled it last time. Whining because me and ally are on the same crew, thats ridiculous as hell. We are both from Montreal, you cant just shove us in random teams to make it fair. Considering Ottawa is right next to Montreal, I dont see what the problem was with me and ally being with Ottawa. You guys were just scared and wanted to win. :laugh:

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
There is no hype for a simple reason...

You don't have Adnan in your community :laugh:
My heart got all fuzzy from this.

:] but I should be able to run crews at my tournament. I'm really doing what I can to crunch time for it. It just needs player cooperation and focus and dedication from the TOs. I plan to aim high for brawl crews.

I heard that the crews didn't finish. Now would you guys be okay with brand new bracket or continued? As for Double MK banning, we'll decide at the spot for that. I might consider it if ALL the top players agree on it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I remember Snake+MK and MK+Wario taking top 2 at genesis.

Heavy char+MK=better than double MK.

Dont ban double MK.

No and ally won teams, they place 5th in michigan. Our metagame is behind, double MK aint op.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion

Dont ban double MK.

No and ally won teams, they place 5th in michigan. Our metagame is behind, double MK aint op.
Snake still has good options against MK in doubles, most characters dont.

Ally and NO both got kinda lucky against my and docs team anyway.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord

Dont ban double MK.

You need to watch the videos, they got rediculously lucky in our sets, + holys sets.

They really should've gotten third, but they played good anyways, and its not our faults neither though, there were a lot of people teaming together for the first time, that calls for a lot of mistakes.

If double mk is banned, I will team with Hype for life, all we need is his mk and any of my alts, we're good to go for another year or so.

I'm anti and pro ban to double mk, dosn't bother me at all.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Ace, Hype, Nickcam, Mikey, Fool, Niko, Carter... Theres a reason why 7 man crews dont happen.

Everybodys shook of sauga.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Holy the only reason why u and ally werent on the same crew is because all regions were missing there top players, sauga missing ace toronto missing brose and niagara missing percon. Wouldnt have been fair. Also 7 man crews sounds good depending on the amount of people who are planning to show up.I mean if this can get hyped up enough then i dont see why it couldnt happen at somwhere like pownz tourney (*Hint*).......Also people please stop quoting swordgard

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Holy the only reason why u and ally werent on the same crew is because all regions were missing there top players, sauga missing ace toronto missing brose and niagara missing percon. Wouldnt have been fair.
:mad: .................................

This post made me mad.

swordgard

Smash Hero
:mad: .................................

This post made me mad.

I agree, kinda not nice lol. Either way, the point is to compare regions, if you arbitrarly remove some people to "make it fair", then your removing the whole point of crews.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Lol, you might have the placings Doc, but if you put massive pressure on Ambrose ESPECIALLy in crews hes just a hero lol...add that to ICs + crews lol. Hes good for 4 stock minimum pretty much

Adnan I suggest doing a straight brawl singles bracket instead of pools ESPECIALLY if you have less then 8 setups, crews would fit in easily.

I don't think the previous bracket needs to continue, becuase the remaining crews just split

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Something tells me that if u do a straight singles bracket, I'm gonna get bracket ***** at my next tourney.

If crews are regional, no stacked johns, want fair crews, do draft (or make it Ontario only :chuckle:)

And I agree with pushing doubles to be the LAST EVENT. Everything Nickcam said was right, doubles 1st is worse, there are more people playing in singles then doubles, so they can just leave after crews, and crews needs as much hype as possible with everyone watching so making it happen the same time as singles may not be that great.

Vaughan doesn't have enough members to make a crew (lol me and Joe) so I guess we have to go with toronto, and I'm happy with 6 or 7 man crews (so that I dont end up on wildcard :laugh:)

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I sandbagged hardcore in crews and I took 3 stocks, like HARDCORE sandbagage.

Guarantee if I don't sandbag, I can take 5 stocks minimum, not being cocky but I play with Anti like EVERYday and he teaches me all the matchups, hes a great kid.

10Antisforgodtier + his mom is like SS god tier. :laugh:

nickcam

Smash Ace
The problem about running crews at team nyla is not everyone is goin (I got work johns...). I think at the upcoming pownz which i heard was gonna be the first week of septemeber would be our best bet

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
theres also dimmy's tournament september 26 or 27th which is in process, i have 10 setups and tvs ready. just working out the details now. We'll run crews there for sure.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Ace, Hype, Nickcam, Mikey, Fool, Niko, Carter... Theres a reason why 7 man crews dont happen.

Everybodys shook of sauga.
but hamilton has teh love

judment 9's
tippers
4 characters played by 2 players (ICs ftw)
BOWSER FIRE!!!!!

we haz moral vicory, plus people get shot in hamilton every day, so we have practise againsts terrorism and guns (spacies and snake eat it),

nickcam

Smash Ace
dimmy ur on the sauga crew 4 sure. Ill help work out the details of crews with u lol we just gotta hype that **** up...

Top Bottom