• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Anyways for alternate costumes

Mario: Ice Mario
Luigi: Mr.L
Peach: Shadow Queen
Bowser: Dry Bowser and Wedding Bowser
Rosalina and Luma: Biker Rosalina
Bowser Jr: Koopa Kid
Donkey Kong: Boxing Gloves
King K.Rool: Kaptain K.Rool and Baron K.Roolenstien
Pikachu: Detective Pikachu
Squirtle: Squirtle with Sunglasses
Ivysaur: Fall Costume
Charizard: Shiny Alt
Sonic: Tails and Knuckles Skin

That is all I got for now

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I only voted for Ganondorf. The way he's in Smash now is downright disrespectful, and I think he needs an entire overhaul (including aerials and tilts and stuff). The other characters, like outdated, at least made sense for their time, Ganon should never have been put in Melee. I respect Sakurai to the highest degree, and I understand the fact he crunched Melee in a "destructive lifestyle," but I still disagree with how he is keeping Ganondorf shackled to a Captain Falcon clone, when he has so much potential to do other things and be a truly unique and scary character.

I'm sorry if I sounded mean, I just really like Ganondorf.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Not a tough choice, voted for Ganondorf and Young Link. Ganondorf because he doesn't even feel like himself and Yink because we have a mask moveset right there waiting to be implemented.
I'm not sure why I feel as strongly about this as I do, but I don't think a mask moveset for Young Link would be a good idea.

Let's just get this out of the way now: there's no way a Pokemon Trainer thing is at all reasonable. That would be three characters' worth of work on top of the original moveset. I trust this is not what you are referring to.

However, even something more mild - such as, say, having each of Link's specials being to put on a mask, transform, do a move, and then immediately transform back - is... less than ideal in my opinion, because, like... It feels strange, in my opinion, to have a Link without a bow or bombs when those are staples of the series - even in Majora's Mask. I recognize that there are two other Links to choose from if a player wants a more traditional moveset, but I have to wonder if this instant-transformation idea really reflects the gameplay of Majora's Mask. I feel the same way when people talk about BotW Link getting the Champion abilities, or Toon Link getting the Deku Leaf or Megaton Hammer. I just think Link's specials do such a good job incorporating the most recurring elements of the Zelda series that it just feels incorrect to do something else with them.

Another misgiving I have is... we're basically making a whole character entirely dedicated to Majora's Mask, only one game in the Zelda series. But, like... we're not doing Skull Kid, the character from Majora's Mask that wears Majora's Mask who is requested because people like Majora's Mask. We're throwing out Young Link and replacing him with Link But Specifically The One From Majora's Mask, and that's a whole different conversation. In other words, I feel like turning Young Link into an MM rep would accomplish the same things as adding Skull Kid would, except less, and also you annoy all the existing Young Link mains.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm not sure why I feel as strongly about this as I do, but I don't think a mask moveset for Young Link would be a good idea.

Let's just get this out of the way now: there's no way a Pokemon Trainer thing is at all reasonable. That would be three characters' worth of work on top of the original moveset. I trust this is not what you are referring to.

However, even something more mild - such as, say, having each of Link's specials being to put on a mask, transform, do a move, and then immediately transform back - is... less than ideal in my opinion, because, like... It feels strange, in my opinion, to have a Link without a bow or bombs when those are staples of the series - even in Majora's Mask. I recognize that there are two other Links to choose from if a player wants a more traditional moveset, but I have to wonder if this instant-transformation idea really reflects the gameplay of Majora's Mask. I feel the same way when people talk about BotW Link getting the Champion abilities, or Toon Link getting the Deku Leaf or Megaton Hammer. I just think Link's specials do such a good job incorporating the most recurring elements of the Zelda series that it just feels incorrect to do something else with them.

Another misgiving I have is... we're basically making a whole character entirely dedicated to Majora's Mask, only one game in the Zelda series. But, like... we're not doing Skull Kid, the character from Majora's Mask that wears Majora's Mask who is requested because people like Majora's Mask. We're throwing out Young Link and replacing him with Link But Specifically The One From Majora's Mask, and that's a whole different conversation. In other words, I feel like turning Young Link into an MM rep would accomplish the same things as adding Skull Kid would, except less, and also you annoy all the existing Young Link mains.
Fair enough. But I think, without the masks, there are still some things we can change. And not just with MM in mind-I always resented doing this, as Young Link plays a huge part in OoT as well.
Like, in OoT, Link can't use the bow, so the alternative is his slingshot. This could be both an asthetic change from his bow and would have different properties than his bow.
Someone made a really good video about missed opportunities, and in it, they have a great idea for the Up B. It would remain the same, but you could charge it up longer to increase its range like in OoT.
And of course, Krookodilian Krookodilian mentioned Fierce Deity Link for the Final Smash.
Of course we don't have go through with any of these ideas, this is just me saying we can rework Young Link without alienating him from the rest of his series or the people who main him in Smash.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Waluigi

Waluigi had a tall and lanky frame to him that makes him an instant target right from the get-go. That and coupled with his extremely light frame makes Waluigi one of the worst characters in surviving a match. Despite this, he does have some options in dealing with damage-oriented fighters like Ike and Ganondorf. He has amazing ground and air speed which allows him to do some remarkable maneuvers and actions that’s unpredictable. He has plenty of abilities and mechanics that allows to use his zany personality to control the battlefield and even the opponent. This includes serving back projectiles, slowing down time, and other items from the spin-off Mario series.

Gameplay @ Moveset Krookodilian Krookodilian

Specials:

• Up Special: Swimming Return - Waluigi Swims in the air in a slower version of Pikachu's quick attack. Waluigi swims in 4 bursts, and can change direction for each burst. There is a weak hit box on it.
  • Side Special: Kart - Waluigi gets into the Waluigi Racer and charges forward at the opponent. This move can be charged into 4 tiers, no sparks, blue sparks, orange sparks, and purple sparks, from weakest to strongest. This references the holding drifts in Mario Kart. If done in the air a glider will appear.
  • Neutral Special: Serve - Waluigi throws a tennis ball into the air and serves it at the opponent with his racket. this can be angled slightly, and cancelled out of. The Tennis Ball will remain and bounce if cancelled, and can be hit with his forward air and forward smash. If the ball is hit at the peak of the serve it will move extra fast with smoke similar to in wii sports. there is a small chance of serving a Mr. Saturn and Bob-omb.
  • Down Special - Trick Shot - Waluigi slows down time and does a moonwalk like in Mario Tennis Aces. this moves functions as a counter if hit during the moonwalk. However, the move has large ending lag so Waluigi can be punished if not hit.
Aerials:
  • Neutral Air: Waluigi has a standard sex kick that sticks out well in front of his body
  • Forward Air: Waluigi quickly swing his racket in front of him. This can reflect projectiles, and will send his tennis ball toward his opponent if there is one one the feild.
  • Back Air: Waluigi will stick both legs back and spin, like in project M
  • Down Air: Waluigi will do four downward kicks, like his assist trophy, with the last one having a spike hit box.
  • Up Air: Waluigi will clap his legs together above him, like Sonic’s Up Air, with a sweet spot at the top
Smash Attacks:
  • Down Smash: Break Dance - Waluigi does a break dance spinning his legs which hit on both sides of him, referencing dance dance revolution Mario mix.
  • Up Smash: Dice Block - A dice Block appears above Waluigi's head, similar to Steve's Up Smash, and waluigi jumps into it. The dice can roll from 1-6, with 6 being the most powerful.
  • Forward Smash: Waluigi Does a Tennis swing, which will reflect projectiles and send his tennis ball forward.
Tilt Attacks/Dash/Jab:
  • Down Tilt: Waluigi kicks out his leg, similar to Ganondorf's down tilt, but with dance like style.
  • Forward Tilt: Waluigi stands on his toes, sticks one leg out and spins around, similar to Mewtwo's forward tilt, but higher up. This can be angled.
  • Up Tilt: Waluigi kicks one leg straight up, similar to Banjo & Kazooie's up tilt
  • Jab: Waluigi does a right punch, a left punch and a lunging kick
  • Dash: Waluigi does a kick and follows through as if he were kicking a soccer ball
Throws/Grab:
  • Grab: Waluigi grabs at the air, with his hand coming from above.
  • Dash Grab: Waluigi Reaches both arms straight forward and leans into it.
  • Pummel: Waluigi swings his arm behind his head and knocks on the opponent like a door.
  • Forward Throw: Waluigi Swings his golf club, sending the opponent forward.
  • Up Throw: Waluigi Punts the opponent straight up, with an animation similar to Ganondorf's Smash 4 Up Smash
  • Back Throw: Waluigi jumps up and bounces the opponents under his legs like a basketball sending the opponent back and up.
  • Down Throw: Waluigi performs his current assist trophy attack, leaving the opponent buried
Final Smash:
  • Waluigi sticks his leg out and a vine appears out of his pant leg which stretches out, and any opponent caught in the vine will be sent to a cutscene final smash. The opponent will be transported to a dark room, which will zoom out to reveal the opponent in an assist trophy on top of a pile of Bob-ombs. Waluigi will be shown laughing repeatedly before the Bob-ombs explode.
I tried to represent mario party, mario sports, and mario kart all within this moveset. I don't think a gimmick is needed as his strange proportions and attitude make him unique enough. Admittedly his final smash is not a reference to any specific game, but i wanted to put his vines and him being an assist trophy somewhere.

On-Screen Appearance
An assist trophy drops onto the ground and releases Waluigi

Idle Animations Krookodilian Krookodilian
1. Waluigi twirls his mustache before briefly picking his nose
2. Waluigi taps his foot repeatedly, in a less agressive version of his current asisst trophy attack

Taunts Krookodilian Krookodilian
1. Waluigi Crotch chops
2. Waluigi shakes his fist and says "Cheaters!"
3. Waluigi does a pirouette and strikes a pose

Victory Animations Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Waluigi claps his hands with a rose in his mouth, does a tango pose or two (not sure what would better fit the length of an average victory screen), and spins before ending with a final pose where he holds his rose towards the camera. A reference to his Eagle/Hole In One animation from Mario Golf: World Tour.
Waluigi jumps from left to right in a goofy, Waluigi-esque way, holding his trophy high, referencing his tournament winnning animation from his first game appearance, Mario Tennis N64.
(Clip starts at 2:05) Waluigi jumps goofily, poses to the left and right, spins around, and ends with a Micheal Jackson-esque tip of his hat.

Victory Theme @Golden Icarus

Kirby Hat Krookodilian Krookodilian
Waluigi's Hat

Boxing Ring Title Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
The Purple Perpetrator

Crowd Chant Krookodilian Krookodilian
WA! WA! WA-LU-I-GI!

Classic Mode @Perkilator

Waluigi’s the Best!

(Fights characters who had an NPC role in previous Smash games before their playable debut)

Round 1: :ultcharizard:
Saffron City (Main Theme - Pokémon Red / Pokémon Blue (64))

Round 2: Giant :ultridley:
Stamina Battle, 150HP
Brinstar Ω (Vs. Ridley (Brawl))

Round 3: :ultlittlemac:
Boxing Ring (Jogging / Countdown)

Round 4: :ultchrom:
Arena Ferox (Id (Purpose))

Round 5: :ultdarksamus:
Frigate Orpheon (Brinstar Depths)

Round 6: :ultisabelle:
Town and City (Tour - Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Final Round: Master Hand (and Crazy Hand, on 7.0 or higher)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
just making sure, we're allowed to put multiple costumes per character?
Yes, but don’t go crazy about it and complete like 8 characters. I would recommend doing a few here and there. Also, while this may seem strange, I will veto some costumes if I feel that costume doesn’t make sense. The veto will be in red color and stroked out. I will then bring the vetoes costume here for discussion to determine its ultimate fate.

Thst being said, I will veto Armored Bowser from Yoshi’s Safari on the grounds its largely unknown and Dry Bowser as the two would technically play very differently - Dry Bowser makes more sense as an echo.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yes, but don’t go crazy about it and complete like 8 characters. I would recommend doing a few here and there. Also, while this may seem strange, I will veto some costumes if I feel that costume doesn’t make sense. The veto will be in red color and stroked out. I will then bring the vetoes costume here for discussion to determine its ultimate fate.

Thst being said, I will veto Armored Bowser from Yoshi’s Safari on the grounds its largely unknown and Dry Bowser as the two would technically play very differently - Dry Bowser makes more sense as an echo.

Thoughts?
I get armoured Bowser as while there are obscure costume references they're all recolors, however I'm not sure how Dry Bowser would play differently, he could certainly work as an echo but I think he works as a costume just fine

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry, i was ill-prepared for the costume submissions. I outlined some key rules and guidelines in regards to the costumes.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Thoughts?
I dunno, “largely unknown” sounds more like an argument for than against to me.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I get armoured Bowser as while there are obscure costume references they're all recolors, however I'm not sure how Dry Bowser would play differently, he could certainly work as an echo but I think he works as a costume just fine
Dry Bowser is technically lighter with less defensive capabilities and has dark flames attributed to him. Save for the Inklings, no one has different effects based on alternate costumes.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Armored Bowser doesn’t have claws, and his mouth is covered so he wouldn’t be able to breathe fire. I think he can be vetoed. If his skin is just the same color as armored bowser then i guess it would work, but I would still support a veto in favor of a more recognizable alt.

For Dry Bowser, i would like him to be an echo, but i don’t know how popular he is, so having him as a skin would be preferable to no representation. It would be a similar situation to Alph.

I agree with PeridotGX PeridotGX that we should veto robot ness and villager.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Someone just barged in and put a ton of stupid ideas like Pauline over Rosalina and Sigma over Mega Man. We’ve got some vetoing to do.
I think we should make it clear if a character alt is meant to be based on the colours or literally the character. A Pauline colour alt for Rosalina would probably look really nice but there's no way both could actually be alts of eachother.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The following alts should be vetoed:

• Midbus
  • Tatanga
  • Minum and Plusle Ice Climber
  • Blaziken
  • Guy Ken
  • Kremling
  • Gooigi? (maybe he should be an echo, i don't know)
  • Proto Man
  • Zero
  • Sigma
  • Deoxys
  • Medusa
  • Bowsette
  • Togepi
  • Raichu
  • Alolan Raichu
  • Medusa
  • Rex
  • Octoling (inkling alt)
I'd also recommend the removal of the iron golem, but that's not as egregious as these.

EDIT: pretty sure there's a troll in there now

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I think a good idea would be for people to go in detail as to what parts of a character are given what colors (see what I did for a Shiny Emboar alt for Incineroar).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys, I’m going to lock the doc and clean it up. I’m putting it on viewer only. It seems someone unaffiliated is spamming submissions. I need to take care of some things so I will update it within the hour. Sorry about this.

I have several ideas on how to fix this issue regarding adding costumes. I didn’t think it throughly enough.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Perhaps alts are something we should be voting individually/in small groups rather than all at once and writing in whatever you want?

Idk the current setup seems a little too chaotic for something like this.
I agree with this, seems the best we do this on a character-by-character basis together. This is a bit too chaotic. Also, seems more fair for the people that are currently not awake to add their own alts.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The following alts should be vetoed:

• Midbus
  • Tatanga
  • Minum and Plusle Ice Climber
  • Blaziken
  • Guy Ken
  • Kremling
  • Gooigi? (maybe he should be an echo, i don't know)
  • Proto Man
  • Zero
  • Sigma
  • Deoxys
  • Medusa
  • Bowsette
  • Togepi
  • Raichu
  • Alolan Raichu
  • Medusa
  • Rex
  • Octoling (inkling alt)
I'd also recommend the removal of the iron golem, but that's not as egregious as these.

EDIT: pretty sure there's a troll in there now
I get removing all of these except Tatanga (which I may be biased on since I added him) - he fits the proportions and although not relevant to modern Mario is still a main antagonist from a main series game. It is true that none of Bowser Jr’s moves really apply to anything Tatanga has done, but the same can be said for Daisy.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You know, with this Google Doc format, I always wondered if there was anyway to prevent, like, some random stranger/troll from just waltzing in there and either spamming joke submissions or repeatedly deleting the whole thing. It's not like here where you can ban the user or anything or even trace them to a single user.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
You know, with this Google Doc format, I always wondered if there was anyway to prevent, like, some random stranger/troll from just waltzing in there and either spamming joke submissions or repeatedly deleting the whole thing. It's not like here where you can ban the user or anything or even trace them to a single user.
If someone came in and started barraging the alts page with uh fricking Tony the Tiger for Incineroar and your mom lol for Lucina (thx <3) then I fear when someone's gonna fill the Mario OST will like 7 different tracks from Hotel Mario lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom