• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPPomona Three - Melee Monthlies

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Crap, I might not be able to attend this. The guy who was going to give me a ride is questioning whether or not he's going to come. I think I'll be able to find out later tonight or tomorrow morning whether I'll be able to attend or not.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
In regards to the TV situation, please bring cubes whether or not it seems like we'll have enough TVs. Honestly I always worry if tournaments will have enough setups and somehow it seems to work out more often than not. I'm doing a few things to get more setups on my own, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't bring one if you have the ability; the more setups we have the smoother and quicker the tournament will run, which means people can either go home/do something else sooner or they can play friendlies for longer afterwards. If I could, I would stay the whole day to allow people to keep playing, but things have gotten pretty complicated recently (not just in regards to this tournament) so getting everything together has been a little more troublesome than I'd hoped. Uh,, I lost my train of thought >.<

Anyway, bring setups!

Suxor

Smash Cadet
I can bring a cube and a copy of the game

Looks like Ill have to be leaving before 6
will brackets be posted?

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I can bring a cube and a copy of the game

Looks like Ill have to be leaving before 6
will brackets be posted?
Brackets aren't created until everyone has signed up, i.e. the day of the tournament. Only large-scale, national tournaments pre-arrange their pools matches.

What's your # so we can call you to get in?
Lol, it's in the first post and I posted it a second time in the thread, but it's 949 533 7597.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
how are you handling the tier balancing rules at this tournament? standard one stock per tier difference i assume capping at the obvious 3 stock advantage

(for those of you who dont know, that would mean that i say a pikachu plays a peach the pikachu starts with 4 stock and the peach starts with 2, or alternately, the pikachu starts with 6 - a bonus of 2 stock - wheras peach starts with 4)

will this standard tier balancing system come into play at your tournament?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I'll be coming to this. I kind of found this out last minute so I need a teammate, but not just any teammate. In this order:
1. Any superfriend
2. Mango
3. Edrees
4. Anyone ranked
5. Everyone else
6. Fabian

So just hit me up if you wanna team. If not i don't mind skipping teams.

Lit

Smash Ace
Well im not compelty sure but i think i will be able to make this tomorow, i can also bring a cube with a game.

araknophobik

Smash Master
if anybody gots a t.-mobile sidekick fone charger bring it tomorow plzzz lmfao I don't got my charger with me and my fone gonna die. ill give you a 1$ for letting me charge my fone during tourny

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
lol p u only beat me cuz it was 2 in the morning and i was smashed out what happened earlier in the day wit my fox and marth =)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol p u only beat me cuz it was 2 in the morning and i was smashed out what happened earlier in the day wit my fox and marth =)
Hahaha I was just playing. And what do you mean what happened? I still won the majority ^^ But naw if you play more often you're definitely better than me... for now. But I like playing Marths.

This tournament was pretty decent, could've been much better if more people showed up, but enough TVs and enough friendlies ^^

Shoutouts?

Haze: your fox got a lot better from even Friday, set could've gone either way. Next time I'ma always ban Poke Floats and take my chances on Rainbow Cruise or something.

JTB: Wow finally beat your jiggs for the first time in a while. I hate playing Jiggs more than you hate Sheik :(

Larry: should've mm when I asked, once I lost two and broke even on mms I was kinda smashed out and didn't want to

Sniper: better than i thought, tbh i underestimated you. Both mms could've went either way, but meh, I learned a lot from those on how to play v a technical fox anyway. Once I started playing drephen gay it was easier, I just have to be more patient. your tech chases when you uthrow me at low percentages ***** me so hard, that and you kept sweet spotting the ledge while recovering and I was too ******** to stop it

inks: wow train my marth plz v fox, like seriously. i am a visual learner, i need to see you **** foxes or to actually do it for it to sink in

to everyone else i played: sorry if i seemed curt and dickish at times, i just get really frustrated with myself and am very hard on myself and it dampers my mood. people always think i'm perpetually mad at tournaments or something but naw, not really, just annoyed at myself with mistakes i feel should never be made.

kira make these biweeklies, too convenient =)

Lesheik

Smash Lord
shoutouts:

SNPR - we didn't play enough friendlies =/ maybe next time

HEADACHE - lmao it was fun playing you and that one dude in teams, man

Fabian - wow, we havent played yet.. WTF i wanna play your sheik

JTB - OMG YOU GOT BETTER. GOOD ****!

MANGO - ****

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Thanks for coming everyone, I can't say much right now, but it was fun and hopefully these will happen more often. As the host I feel obligated to do shoutouts, but I'll do them later when I have time. I do have a few quick things to say though:

1. Thanks Ryan the Man for helping me out with the bracket. Next time I will make sure I'm in a better state of mind and I'll do all the work myself.

2. I posted a map guys. Two actually. I mean come on. Print them out and figure out how to get to the venue yourself. lol.

3. Thanks for everyone who brought TVs and cubes. There were a lot of setups for how many people we had.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
fun tournament :) the only thing I have to say is wtf is up with me and joey always playing in tourny now?!?!?!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh ****, I just realized I left my cube there.

It had the Soul Caliber skin, and was on the laggy TV.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE IT

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Oh ****, I just realized I left my cube there.

It had the Soul Caliber skin, and was on the laggy TV.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE IT
Flyleef said he saw it there when we left, he didn't know who it was. .

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts:

HEADACHE - lmao it was fun playing you and that one dude in teams, man
That was me, the asian guy :] and the other black guy was Somtel.
_________

Fabian-should of played you when you called my name, next time.

e40-nice friendlies

Everyone else- . . . . . . and P, i don't like your sheik.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
dude, the map was horrible kira, and the only way it could've helped was if we could've printed it out or something. cal poly campus blows donkey nuts, don't expect people not to get lost.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Shoutouts for now

1.Mango
good stuff on winning

2.Lucky-U and mango are way too good

Larry- Best smile in socal

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
FUUUUUUUUUUUN tournament, I love Pomona by the way, cool city, lots of asians, feel really safe. :laugh:
hahaha, well i don't want to spoil your good first impression of our city, but yeah, Pomona sucks.

5 was probably larry, he beat me in winners.

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
wow derek. go to more tournaments and don't tell anyone =|
it's not like you would of gone, Mr. Johns about not showing up to a tournament when he says he will.:chuckle: i didn't even wanna go; Dior just dragged me and Somtel(He told him that there would be a Halo tournament, LMAO) along, i didn't enter anyways, i just stayed for like 10 miliion friendlies.

Top Bottom