• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Count's Tournament Vids-Vs Lain (1-2), Kel (2-1) and more!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Don't sweat that second round against Joker man, it happens to everyone ;P

One thing I can say I noticed about your style is that you NEVER fast fall. Now, this isn't all bad, but like where I ALWAYS fastfall, it just needs mixing up.

Mixing in some FFs with your aerials you could've had a much faster/cleaner set against Joker. Otherwise, smart play and good stuff man :)

Count

Smash Champion
Yeah I tried to instant throw that banana and messed up my inputs at the end lol. I actually fastfall lots, but maybe its something about vs snake for me. I'll keep that in mind :).

Player-1

Smash Legend
I watched the wangston and joker matches. The 3 things I noticed the most was that you roll too much, you get punished when you try to grab a lot, and you get punished when you try to get bananas out. the only advice I can really offer is for not getting punished for bananas, instead tr pulling 1 out at a time

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea alot of people dont realize it but pulling out a banana is very unsafe, for the move itself lasts for quite a while, its like arakune pulling out a cloud in blazblue, you are completely defenseless in this state and prone to alot of attacks. instead of rolling why not jump around or run.

the rocket kill made me mad btw >_> u so should of won ugh

Count

Smash Champion
Ah thanks. I honestly don't have a rolling problem. Its the whiffed grabs/spot dodges/banana pulls that get me. For some reaoson I find rolling against snake good in general, and Joker wasn't punishing it. But I really need to fix my spot dodging/****ty banana pulls >.<.

Putting doubles vids up here shortly.

Also thanks for the annoyance on the rpg kill, I was dumb to go for the instant throw though.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea alot of people dont realize it but pulling out a banana is very unsafe, for the move itself lasts for quite a while, its like arakune pulling out a cloud in blazblue, you are completely defenseless in this state and prone to alot of attacks. instead of rolling why not jump around or run.
This is actually not true. I frequently will walk up to people, turn around, and nana pull w/o even jumping (**** this even works on Ally, Snake is most susceptible to this cause he is so tall so your nana covers you for longer). And it will hit them. The entire backside of your character is covered during a nana pull, so if you just face away from them and don't jump it actually makes getting to Diddy difficult. Plus you can mix up the distance of the pull and the slow speed of the pull means you are covering your backside much longer than the opponent anticipates (typically they will go for grabs).

Count: I did notice a lot of grabs in poor areas. You seem to like to do running shield > grab. The problem is that I saw you do it in very telegraphed situations. Snake players know you aren't going to run straight up to them...ever...lol.

I also noticed you seem to be having troubles with nades. You gotta either pick em up and throw them or you gotta run the **** away and use the grenade as a pseudo barrier so that you can pull out bananas safely. The worst thing you can do is to sit in your shield waiting for the nade(s) to explode. It happens, but it should happen very infrequently.

Count

Smash Champion
Put all of my doubles vids up! Check them out I actually do better in teams!

Thanks AZ that stuff helps a lot. I think if I stopped whiffing so many grabs that would help a ton.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Ok count im not really the best person to give advice out on the boards im sure, but im getting so used to playing Smash64 and Infern every week im pretty confident in the snake matchup.

A while ago you gave me the advice of Midrange spacing for the Marth matchup,and personally that works really well for me in the Snake matchup.I'ive played alot of snakes and i second him so i know the range on his moves pretty well. as long as u weave in and out and stay juuuuuust out side of his f-tilt range, the snake is most likely to go for the f-tilt thinking they will get it. the f-tilt is soo huge and spammable alot of snakes dont mind to just go for it(myself included).

However aslong as you keep that banana in hand once u see that f-tilt whiff,toss it out and it should most likely hit him. realistically diddy's banana toss out of sheild is so good(broken) that u should be able to get through that f-tilt with a banana in hand reguardless. same goes for up-tilt.

Also snake's down b has a decent amount of after lag so if u bait them into doing it at a bad time(which i did see you do) you have a great chance to combo his heavy ***. I saw u doing a good amount of what im saying in the second round,im not sure if thats what you consciously had in mind though. you definetly could have beaten joker in game two and im sure if you play again you'll get him count. i hope i was helpful in here somewhere lol.

also if your able to get him off stage, a grabb release is always nice. it doesnt have to lead to a spike or anything but giving them that off stage pressure(which is odd for diddy) is fairly effective imo.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
there is still that time in between the initial pluck of the banana and when u are free to do whatever you want. and yes i 100% agree its safe facing away from the opponent grounded, everything else seems risky to me.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i already did the crit for one of the matches...

i will type up more crit this weekend if i get free time between study sessions

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
there is still that time in between the initial pluck of the banana and when u are free to do whatever you want. and yes i 100% agree its safe facing away from the opponent grounded, everything else seems risky to me.
lol, whenever i try to do this, my opponent just hits me while catching my banana, doesnt really benefit that much

Count

Smash Champion
Watch game 2! My diddy is cute in it. Critique on either appreciated :)

Going to update the op once i get those other videos vs steel samurai.

Playing overswarm is always fun :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
Good match. Watch out for "auto combos". You would dash attack into u-tilt, no matter if the u-tilt was gonna connect or not. You instantly bair when a banana hits your shield, and though it worked in the match, if Overswarm just threw the banana (with good spacing) and then shuttle looped, that asset would have been a liability real quick. Those small things tend to get us diddy kongs killed :-\. Good recovery, despite getting sliced in your barrels you either had a jump left or was in a good position to side+b.

Now I saw some of your team matches and you can in that area. Don't wait for people to come to you in doubles, be proactive. I saw a few matches were you would wait for the enemy you just killed to respawn and then fight them again, all while your partner is in a fight on the other side. Doubles is about speed, so setting up "banana fortresses" and spawning bananas takes time away that you could spend double teaming or chasing someone off stage. If you want some more advice hit me up, i'll send you a resource for some vids you can watch and see some different ways to play diddy in doubles.

Count

Smash Champion
I banned rc he banned smashville.

I'm better at brinstar right now but I gotta learn rc. I've finally admitted that its better for diddy.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ss vs. count 1 is up but not 2 because i was stupid and closed the window >__>

i'll post the links when the 2nd is done

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so THATS how you fight kel... >_> ill remember what you did. good matches

Count

Smash Champion
so THATS how you fight kel... >_> ill remember what you did. good matches
Yeah I heard Kel got you. Well I had to go for my MW buddy, I was sad that one of us had to take a diddy out. He's so patient and really tests anybody's patience haha.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hes wayyyy too patient ;_; guess i should of been defensively gayer instead of being defensively smart :\

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
When fighting ice climbers i like to barrel to the moving platform if i used up my jumps and they are running around to grab me.

and you got lucky he didnt catch on to you side b kicking earlier. He pivot grabbed you and i think took the stock. Go for the ledge sometimes.

And after you spiked popo, you probably were just thinking too fast, but you shouldve charged your barrels more since you fall slower than him after he up b'd.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
When fighting ice climbers i like to barrel to the moving platform if i used up my jumps and they are running around to grab me.

and you got lucky he didnt catch on to you side b kicking earlier. He pivot grabbed you and i think took the stock. Go for the ledge sometimes.

And after you spiked popo, you probably were just thinking too fast, but you shouldve charged your barrels more since you fall slower than him after he up b'd.
true, i think he even had his jump still, so it was a missed gimp sadly :(
i also think that you rushed in without bananas way too often and got punished

Count

Smash Champion
Yeah really working on fixing my flip habit

For the up b thing..of course I know to do that but with it being in the middle of a match its tough to think that quickly regarding that situation..especially in a losers bracket set that is pretty intense.

Top Bottom