• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
New guy here(planning to lab Corrin and whether I main them or not depends), and admittedly I haven't followed Fates much(lolspoilers), so lemme see if I got this right: BirthRight and Conquest are the main versions, and Revelations are basically DLC, yes?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
New guy here(planning to lab Corrin and whether I main them or not depends), and admittedly I haven't followed Fates much(lolspoilers), so lemme see if I got this right: BirthRight and Conquest are the main versions, and Revelations are basically DLC, yes?
Basically, though all three are their own thing, pretty much.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Hyped for corrin. Never played a fire emblem game but for some reason I love how he looks as a character.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hyped for corrin. Never played a fire emblem game but for some reason I love how he looks as a character.
That's how I felt about Shulk before Smash inspired me to get into Xenoblade Chronicles and now I adore that series. Glad to have you!
More specifically, each of them are pretty equal in length and have original chapters. The nice thing is that after you get the one of the base games, the other two are "DLC" paths that are only $20, so you're really paying $80 for three Fire Emblem games (admittedly with reused assets like characters).

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
A new Corrin analysis video by Etika! Thought it would be interesting to share.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Question for importers. For the regular editions, are you able to actually download the other paths immediately or do you have to beat the one on the cartridge first? I pre-ordered Conquest but I feel I like should start with Birthright since its the more "basic" experience.

The 3 are "Cannon" but i consider IK "cannon"
They're Ballisticians? :p

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Question for importers. For the regular editions, are you able to actually download the other paths immediately or do you have to beat the one on the cartridge first? I pre-ordered Conquest but I feel like should start with Birthright since its the more "basic" experience?

You're able to purchase whatever path you want right from the get-go~ If you buy Conquest but decide you want to play Birthright first, you would go to the "Buy New Path" option on the main menu and buy the Hoshido path. Simple as that~

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
count me in for Corrin Hype.

He may be the first sword character I'll use in this game, his moveset just looks that awesome.

I really tend to love characters who have a lot of versitility in their attacks and Corrin fits the bill perfectly.

That red and green male alt and the purple emale one will be mine! :-)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, yeah, for those of you who haven't seen it yet - the new Ballista are tanks.

They actually climb inside during combat, so you can't see the character at all, just the tank.
And, instead of firing arrows, they shoot some sort of energy blast or whatever from that canon in front. Bows still serve as their equip items, though.

It's pretty crazy.

Just thought I'd explain Deathcarters joke here.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, yeah, for those of you who haven't seen it yet - the new Ballista are tanks.

They actually climb inside during combat, so you can't see the character at all, just the tank.
And, instead of firing arrows, they shoot some sort of energy blast or whatever from that canon in front. Bows still serve as their equip items, though.

It's pretty crazy.

Just thought I'd explain Deathcarters joke here.
J A K E B O I Z
OG husbando for merchants

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Another interested player right here. That music (Sploosh) and the cool intro scene have even got me thinking I should finally try a FE game. Who knows. But either way, I will for sure be trying the Orange Corrin (Corange) and hopefully pick her up as a secondary. Possibly a main. Time will tell

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Question for importers. For the regular editions, are you able to actually download the other paths immediately or do you have to beat the one on the cartridge first? I pre-ordered Conquest but I feel I like should start with Birthright since its the more "basic" experience.
You can actually download Birthright and play through it first before playing Conquest even though your main game is Conquest.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
You're able to purchase whatever path you want right from the get-go~ If you buy Conquest but decide you want to play Birthright first, you would go to the "Buy New Path" option on the main menu and buy the Hoshido path. Simple as that~
You can actually download Birthright and play through it first before playing Conquest even though your main game is Conquest.
Thanks for answering my question guys. :)

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
If corrin can jab lock while grounded then side b will end up becoming an incredible move. Imagine a guaranteed jab lock into anything any time you canceled after a side b. That would be truly amazing.

D

Deleted member

Is it February yet? I'm just gonna pretend it's February and go on the eShop and hope Corrin's there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I figured I'd play some FE7 today, and I witnessed what was possibly the most unimportant critical hit in all of Fire Emblem history.
The RNGoddess is cruel.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I figured I'd play some FE7 today, and I witnessed what was possibly the most unimportant critical hit in all of Fire Emblem history.
The RNGoddess is cruel.
She's angry that she's not in Smash, so she's punishing everyone for not voting for her. :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can hardly contain the hype I have for Corrin. It ain't gonna be long until February arrives and he/she comes out. Good thing I still have plenty of cash money on my eShop balance to buy him/her.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
So we know which Corrin we'll be inSmash, but what about in Fates? I'll be going default :4corrinf:, because Corrin just seems like a girl character to me the same way Robin felt like a boy character.

I'm calling it now; Corrin and Bayonetta come out on Valentine's Day.
The end of Bayonetta's trailer had red roses.
What are red roses associated with? Valentine's Day.
What do you do on Valentine's Day? Spread love and affection.
Who else usually spreads love and affection to others? Corrin.
Valentine's Day confirmed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So we know which Corrin we'll be inSmash, but what about in Fates? I'll be going default :4corrinf:, because Corrin just seems like a girl character to me the same way Robin felt like a boy character.

The end of Bayonetta's trailer had red roses.
What are red roses associated with? Valentine's Day.
What do you do on Valentine's Day? Spread love and affection.
Who else usually spreads love and affection to others? Corrin.
Valentine's Day confirmed.
To be fair, Bayonetta has roses appear a lot in her game. Though Valentines wouldn't be bad

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
The RNGoddess is cruel.
I was playing a FE8 randomized run today and today and after resetting many times to figure out how to be that STUPID FOG OF WAR LEVEL, Eirika (the Archer) finally got a critical hit when she would have killed the boss anyway (he had 3 HP). Thanks, you couldn't have done that sooner.

As a side note, Archer Eirika is awesome, while Monk Epharaim is underwhelming. Seth as a Sniper is surprisingly fantastic and Franz the Thief is my star right now.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
**** FoW. The AI isn't affected by it so they won't accidentally run into you nor do they need torches or the Thief class
I beat the level with excessive save stating by rushing everyone up to the top of the map to kill the leader since that was the objective. I had to kill him before the spiders murdered the children and I only had one turn to spare when I did. Also, Cavalier Lute, I'd drop you for missing with that Javelin on attempt five if you weren't my favorite character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I beat the level with excessive save stating by rushing everyone up to the top of the map to kill the leader since that was the objective. I had to kill him before the spiders murdered the children and I only had one turn to spare when I did. Also, Cavalier Lute, I'd drop you for missing with that Javelin on attempt five if you weren't my favorite character.
How are Colm and Neimi? I remember them ****ing everything sideways

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
How are Colm and Neimi? I remember them ****ing everything sideways
Neimi is a Cavalier along with Lute and seems to be outperforming her former mage buddy, so she's doing quite well. Colm was a Monk and after his first level up netted him only a massive one point in resistance and nothing else, I decided to bench him. I'm going to just support Neimi with Artur (the Fighter) instead.

Most maps have been cleared with Archer Eirika, Thief Franz, and my two Cavaliers (Neimi and Lute). Natasha is a Lord (Eirika version) and has had fantastic growths so far, so I'm going to be using her in the long run. Also, my only healer so far is Kyle, who is currently still with Epharaim (I'm on chapter 7 or 8), so that's a bit of a problem...

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'm the only one that never find a use for the thiefs of gba games? (Outside they natural function) like with my luck they receive more hits than a knight having less defenses than a mirmirdon/mage

Top Bottom