• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So I figured I'd play some FE7 today, and I witnessed what was possibly the most unimportant critical hit in all of Fire Emblem history.
The RNGoddess is cruel.
At least it wasn't one of YOUR units getting owned.

Gold.

Oh, yeah, for those of you who haven't seen it yet - the new Ballista are tanks.

They actually climb inside during combat, so you can't see the character at all, just the tank.
And, instead of firing arrows, they shoot some sort of energy blast or whatever from that canon in front. Bows still serve as their equip items, though.

It's pretty crazy.

Just thought I'd explain Deathcarters joke here.
I want.

In other news:
I dunno how quickly I'll be getting to Fates. I got Conquest pre-ordered for Christmas so it is coming, but this comes out just two weeks before hand. I have no idea if two weeks will be enough to get through that.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I don't have money, but my mom got a Gamefly account for me, so I'll be renting the game and begging her to let me keep it later.

The problem is that I'm going to be sharing the game with my sister, even though we have separate 3DSes. So if we want the other version at the discount price, either we're going to have to share a 3DS talk our parents into getting the special edition, and I don't think they'll be excited to let go of 80$ in one sitting. Besides that, my mom always wants me to rent the game first to make sure I really want it these days, and Gamefly doesn't have the special edition version.

I don't have an allowance nor the energy to deal with a job and school at the same time, so I'm basically stuck begging whenever I want something.
Sucks. I remember the times when I had parental hassles trying to get games. I didn't get my license until this year (I'm twenty two), so whenever I wanted a game I had to ask for a ride. Then I had to deal with the "you're spending too much time on video games," the "are you sure you want to buy it," and the "how is this different from the other Smash Bros game where you're just fighting" speeches every time. Honestly, with having to deal with that, I didn't frequently buy games for myself until I went to college out of state and learned to take a bus to Gamestop. Now that I have a car and a small income, games are easier to come by- so don't worry, it'll get better eventually! You'll just have to pay your dues for now!
On the subject of overkill, today my Tiki killed a sage that she would have one-shotted anyway with a critical hit. 120 damage when all she needed was 26. Yikes, lol.

Got my games preordered, but I'm a bit nervous that they won't actually arrive at my house until March.
Birthright is a download code, might they just email me the code the same day Conquest ships?
If you order Conquest physically, won't that Birthright download code only work in the ingame DLC shop, meaning that you need Conquest physically before you can download it?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well...f*** me.

So, Susukaze (Kaze) died. I was convinced it was just a faux death and that he would return later but according to what I read online it turns out he is gone for good unless you have an A support with Kamui. And here I was, grinding his exp and supports, was going to promote him on the next chapter and then BAM! all my dreams disappear just like that. Man, this sucks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While I don't have any plans of getting Corrin at the moment, something tells me that his long disjointed attacks could lead to him having huge advantages against a lot of the low-ranked cast; examples including Charizard and Ganondorf. I don't know if we'll see Corrin be able to compete against the top fighters though.

Noro~

Smash Cadet
I feel like Pikachu might have a bad time against Corrin, depending on how fast moves like Nair and Bair come out. He just doesn't have the range to compete with those crazy disjoints. Then again, I used to hate the Roy MU, which I've gotten used to...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess I'm bringing this up, because with how heavily disjointed some of Corrin's attacks are, some characters will likely be contained way too easily. This is most noticeable for the fighters who don't have any projectile attacks, and even Charizard, as those large disjoints can potentially mean that Flare Blitz can't do anything against a highly skilled Corrin.

Noro~

Smash Cadet
Unless the attack does more than 13%, it won't penetrate Zard's heavy armor on SideB. Also, instead of challenging Flare Blitz with a disjoint, Corrin could just shield it and maybe punish with a tipper Fsmash. Or even better, Jablock if he's capable of doing so ('cause Charizard can't tech the recoil hit of his own SideB).

I get your point, though. All those crazy disjoints combined with a potentially deadly projectile could make it really hard to approach him if your character has no means of forcing an approach (like a projectile). It all depends on his frame data, however. If his moves suffer too much startup or ending lag, one can easily find a hole in his wall of disjoints. IF you have the speed.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Are the official renders for both Corrins available somewhere already? I think I saw Etika use them for a thumbnail of a recent video and I really want them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unless the attack does more than 13%, it won't penetrate Zard's heavy armor on SideB. Also, instead of challenging Flare Blitz with a disjoint, Corrin could just shield it and maybe punish with a tipper Fsmash. Or even better, Jablock if he's capable of doing so ('cause Charizard can't tech the recoil hit of his own SideB).

I get your point, though. All those crazy disjoints combined with a potentially deadly projectile could make it really hard to approach him if your character has no means of forcing an approach (like a projectile). It all depends on his frame data, however. If his moves suffer too much startup or ending lag, one can easily find a hole in his wall of disjoints. IF you have the speed.
I'm pretty sure that that's the reason for why Corrin hasn't been released yet. With those large disjoints, there would have to be a way to balance him so that he's not too powerful. But then again, we've seen how dominant Sheik and Zero Suit Samus have been.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Do we have some kind of confirmation that dragon fang is disjointed? It is his hand after all.

Nah

Smash Champion
They did just release a character that has all that though: :4cloud:

Do we have some kind of confirmation that dragon fang is disjointed? It is his hand after all.
Idr which move is Dragon Fang, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they gave Corrin a move that doesn't look like it should be disjointed when it is when we have :4falcon: Fsmash and :4sheik: Fair.

Noro~

Smash Cadet
In the trailer, while demonstrating its range, they showed it being used against a countering Roy. The counter triggered, but Corrin didn't get hit.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In the trailer, while demonstrating its range, they showed it being used against a countering Roy. The counter triggered, but Corrin didn't get hit.
Are we talking about Dragon Fang or the F-Smash? I thought Dragon Fang (Shot) was the Neutral B.

Noro~

Smash Cadet
It seems that dragon Fang is the act of transforming in general considering that they displayed the words "Dragon Fang" before explaining everything about his transformation. But since Oatmeal. was talking about Dragonfang and how it is his hand, i guess he meant Fsmash.
Come to think of it, will the transformed hand when using dragon Lunge be disjointed / without a hurtbox?

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Hello guys,
I'm new and after the presentation thread I've immediately jump here to say how happy I am about his/her inclusion in Smash :happysheep:

I thought it was impossible to Corrin to make the cut in Smash 4, he's from a new unreleased game, he's from Fire Emblem, he's too sexy for smash, and more and more reason to not include Corrin in the game, but then it happen...
I was extremely happy and surprised because even myself thought she was impossible for all the reasons above here.

I'm definitely maining him/her (especially the female one, I think it looks the best but the male is nice too), can't wait for february to come!

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
By Dragon Fang I was referring to Corrin's dragon transformation moves in general. But I said this with F-Smash in mind.
Thanks for the info.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
By Dragon Fang I was referring to Corrin's dragon transformation moves in general. But I said this with F-Smash in mind.

Thanks for the info.
Alright; thanks everyone, that clears it up!

I would definitely wager that the "spear" is a disjoint.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I put a new Let's Play episode up earlier. Feels nice to be back in the swing of things.

I would definitely wager that the "spear" is a disjoint.
It most likely is. There was a clip where it triggered Roy's counter without Corrin getting hit.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That reminds me of this comic.
View attachment 91996
That's how I feel right now- I have yet to get any healers in my randomized FE8 and it breaks my heart every time I have to use a Vulnerary since I'm used to just hoarding them. Now I'm paranoid that I'm going to run out before I join up with Ephiraim (his Kyle is a Priest) and that everyone is just going to suddenly die on me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
While I don't have any plans of getting Corrin at the moment, something tells me that his long disjointed attacks could lead to him having huge advantages against a lot of the low-ranked cast; examples including Charizard and Ganondorf. I don't know if we'll see Corrin be able to compete against the top fighters though.
:,(
Flare Blitz isn't a viable way for Charizard to approach anyway. Only bad Zard players heavily rely on that move as attack - it's main purpose in competitive play is as recovery.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Flare Blitz isn't a viable way for Charizard to approach anyway. Only bad Zard players heavily rely on that move as attack - it's main purpose in competitive play is as recovery.
Even then, Flare Blitz is bad for recovery as well, since it hurts Charizard, can get walled, and doesn't sweetspot ledges.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Ugh, I wish that custom moves were supported by more people. Charizard's Dragon Rush is fantastic and actually won me a match last night (I threw Little Mac behind me and followed up with it to push him too far to recover). It's a very safe recovery move, an interesting option when your opponent is caught off-guard, and a decent KO move when timed perfectly off the stage. That coupled with Charizard's Fly High make him shockingly safe off the stage and make him an overall better character.

I use customs when I play with friends and custom Charizard is one of my mains. I'm annoyed that he's not usable elsewhere...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^Dragon Rush is great, but Fly High doesn't really offer much. Default Fly is usually sufficient and has a hitbox.
Even then, Flare Blitz is bad for recovery as well, since it hurts Charizard, can get walled, and doesn't sweetspot ledges.
It's surprisingly useful in a lot of situations, though. The heavy armor and hitbox makes it very difficult to challenge if you don't interrupt it during the initial start up lag. It's also a good move for recovering high. If you don't crash into anything, the recoil damage is also reduced - and Charizard is one of the heaviest characters to begin with. And it can still ledge snap with good timing, it just takes some practice.
Wait, why disjounts make him bad against heavy power characters?
Because he's going to make it extremely difficult for them to approach.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
^Dragon Rush is great, but Fly High doesn't really offer much. Default Fly is usually sufficient and has a hitbox.
I'm conflicted on it. I used it for so long until I realized that Fly was a good KO move, so I switched over. Recently I've noticed that I never use Fly for damage or KOs anymore ever since he got some buffs to throws and other moves... the hitbox it has is defensive, but Fly High saves me when I misclick on Dragon Rush and almost KO myself... Definitely pre-buffs Charizard definitely needed Fly, but post-buffs his Fly High is now a comparable option... any tips on using regular that I'm just not thinking of?

Wait, customs are banned?
I honestly am not sure, but I've never heard of a single person in a tournament using them. The top players all seem to ignore them or specifically dislike them, which is sad because they give tons of characters tons of potential. In particular, I use a Lucina with Dashing Shield Breaker, Iai Counter, and Crescent Slash to make her not feel like a Marth clone and I love it- the two don't even feel similar anymore!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm conflicted on it. I used it for so long until I realized that Fly was a good KO move, so I switched over. Recently I've noticed that I never use Fly for damage or KOs anymore ever since he got some buffs to throws and other moves... the hitbox it has is defensive, but Fly High saves me when I misclick on Dragon Rush and almost KO myself... Definitely pre-buffs Charizard definitely needed Fly, but post-buffs his Fly High is now a comparable option... any tips on using regular that I'm just not thinking of?
I actually very rarely use Fly to attack myself. It's too risky.
But the hitbox on it makes the mover harder to edge guard, so I always just preferred Fly since I never had difficulties with that move's recovery height.

That said, it's been a really long time since I last used Fly High. Does it still have Super Armor, and can it also be angled? I can't remember.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That said, it's been a really long time since I last used Fly High. Does it still have Super Armor, and can it also be angled? I can't remember.
Fly High only goes straight up, doesn't offer any hitboxes, and I don't think it offers any super armor either. It does travel further than the other Fly variations though.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I think customs just simply fell out of favor in tournaments. People would rather play the characters the way they were intended rather than mess with different move combinations. Plus it's just easier to them.

That's my take.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not a custom user myself. I'm not saying I don't like them, I just haven't found myself the time to try those out to their full potential.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I think customs just simply fell out of favor in tournaments. People would rather play the characters the way they were intended rather than mess with different move combinations. Plus it's just easier to them.

That's my take.
For the most part, a majority of the default moves are exactly ideal for their characters, which is good on Sakurai's part. Some characters just wish that they had one move that was different though- Charizard's Dragon Rush, WFT's big Super Hoop, Pikachu's Skull Bash thing, Rosalina's Luma Shot (also Luma Warp), Shulk's Hyper Monado, Lucina's Crescent Slash, Ike's Close Combat, Villager's tripping sapling, Link's normal Boomerang... even just one move could give a ton of characters a lot of more options. I know that it's a hassle for any TO and that customs should have been made easier to get, but it's just unfortunate that so many characters had potential teased and actually implemented just to be locked behind a hassle.

As someone who doesn't go to tournaments, I wish it could be something along the lines of if you've pre-registered for it and have your custom loaded up on your 3DS, then you can show up an hour early and load it up to the Wii U. It's difficult to unlock the whole roster's custom moves, but it's fairly easy to get one character's customs and people who want to use them could realistically get them.

And make her be able to S-Rank Corrin girl and Ophelia!
Ha ha. Definitely yes to the S-Rank Fem!Corrin and if Ophelia suddenly becomes bi, then they've got to even it out by making a Hoshido guy also bi... I elect Takumi.

But what really needs to happen is to make the same sex couples adopt their children. Kanna would need to be explained properly, but losing out on two children just plain sucks.

Top Bottom