• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm the only one that never find a use for the thiefs of gba games? (Outside they natural function) like with my luck they receive more hits than a knight having less defenses than a mirmirdon/mage
There's always a steep curve that they have to overcome. Julian in FE12 was awful, but after some investment, both he and Marth became massive dodge tanks. Franz in my randomizer run has good Strength and Speed growths and the Thief class only makes him more dodgier (R.I.P. grammar). Thieves aren't always the best, but they definitely have usefulness in their thievery and mobility, especially when they promote to Assassin and can use bows.
Colm could tank, double crit with powerful strength when supported by Neimi in my experience
Thief!Franz seems to be doing alongside my Lord!Natasha... maybe next playthrough Colm...

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
**** FoW. The AI isn't affected by it so they won't accidentally run into you nor do they need torches or the Thief class
It's a good thing that FoW never appeared in Awakening. (And maybe some of the games before that but I wouldn't be surprised if FE9-12 had FoW.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I absolutely despise Fog of War, and rain is super annoying.
I don't understand why some people want weather conditions to return. Good riddance, I say.
I'm the only one that never find a use for the thiefs of gba games? (Outside they natural function) like with my luck they receive more hits than a knight having less defenses than a mirmirdon/mage
You just have to be very careful with them.
I've been using Mathew as an unpromoted unit in FE7 long past the point he stopped being an even slightly viable fighter just so I could snatch loot off of enemies. It just takes some planning to get him in and out without getting hurt.

In FE8, Colm is actually a half decent fighter even before promotion, from my experience. Of course, we're talking the game infamous for being one of the easiest in the franchise here.

Speaking of FE7, I'm really close to beating Hector Mode on normal.
Hector Hard mode, here I come. Let's see if I can beat it before Fates comes out.

Last edited:

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
What I hate about the Fire Emblem characters, is that there movesets are, either cloned by a fellow FE character (cough, cough, Marth/Lucina), VERY situational recovery (Ike), or just not practical (Robin of course). Roy, by far, is my most favorite FE character, and with the introduction of Corrin, and damn does he/she pack a punch, I can't wait for February.

Also, all this Corrin hype is dragging towards the American release of Fates.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
You just have to be very careful with them.
I've been using Mathew as an unpromoted unit in FE7 long past the point he stopped being an even slightly viable fighter just so I could snatch loot off of enemies. It just takes some planning to get him in and out without getting hurt
I've been doing the same thing but with Legault instead due to him being recruited at a higher level than I could ever get Matthew to.
Although I don't know if there is anything worth stealing post chapter 28 so I guess I should either try to get him to level 20 and promote him or drop him. (Although I really would like to promote him despite that meaning I would have 2 assassins. I already have 2 bishops and eventually 2 sages anyway)

I'm also very interested in playing Hector mode but I'm not sure if I would be able to beat it before Fates:urg:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Unrelated to anything on this page: So anyone else think Corin's 'dragon' fist claw thing, looks like its made of oreos?

Or was that obvious.

Also I Havnt really looked closely at the footage, but does Dragon Lunge (the mid-air -stab- move?) Keep the Corrin and the inflicted character locked...like.. forever? Or can they squirm out after a while....like imagine just timing people out with it and getting Corrin banned lol.... .-.

Either way Corrin in dubs should be even more interesting. hmm

Last edited:

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
Unrelated to anything on this page: So anyone else think Corin's 'dragon' fist claw thing, looks like its made of oreos?

Or was that obvious.

Also I Havnt really looked closely at the footage, but does Dragon Lunge (the mid-air -stab- move?) Keep Corrin and the inflicted character locked...like.. forever? Or can they squirm out after a while....like imagine just timing people out with it and getting Corrin banned lol.... .-.
I'd assume they can mash out like a grab and if they don't they'd just eventually get released like the cancel option (without needing to tech, I suppose) :)

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I'd assume they can mash out like a grab and if they don't they'd just eventually get released like the cancel option (without the positibility of having to tech, I suppose) :)
Yeah im sure. Imagine how broke thatd be. Match starts, Grand Finals. Dragon Lunge for 8 minutes....and you win. haha

I understand we are unclear on its uses? Like i guess its a aerial grapple of sorts but...i feel it'll be just as useful as Mewtwo's side B. Which is 'barely' makes the cut fot utilization. But ughhh we'll have to see. Cant wait for Febs.

Last edited:

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
Yeah im sure. Imagine how broke thatd be. Match starts, Grand Finals. Dragon Lunge for 8 minutes....and you win. haha
Would be quite the Grand Finals. If that were true then every National will be amazing ;)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been doing the same thing but with Legault instead due to him being recruited at a higher level than I could ever get Matthew to.
Although I don't know if there is anything worth stealing post chapter 28 so I guess I should either try to get him to level 20 and promote him or drop him. (Although I really would like to promote him despite that meaning I would have 2 assassins. I already have 2 bishops and eventually 2 sages anyway)

I'm also very interested in playing Hector mode but I'm not sure if I would be able to beat it before Fates:urg:
I used Matthew over Legault purely because I liked Mathew more. I'll probably have to drop that mindset when I play Hector Hard Mode, though.

But yeah, once you get really late into the game, the value of the thief drops dramatically. I just dropped Mathew at the sidequest "Combat Preparations". But they're still useful for grabbing goodies portion of the game nonetheless. Heck, when I started my most recent playthrough, I had more vulneraries than I knew what to do with.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
VERY situational recovery (Ike)
I'd hardly call Quick Draw situational. Unlike in Brawl where you can just air dodge within his vicinity and he'll die, if you try that in Smash 4, he'll get the option to Double Jump if he saved it. Not only that, but every time Ike charges Quick Draw to recover, his opponent has to guess where he'll land. Over their head, Ike gets off safely because autocancel and momentum. On the stage if they're too far to punish Ike, he can just....yeah. Or of course, grabbing the ledge. On stages with platforms, the guessing game becomes harder for his opponent.

If we're talking Aether, then yeah, lol.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Also I Havnt really looked closely at the footage, but does Dragon Lunge (the mid-air -stab- move?) Keep the Corrin and the inflicted character locked...like.. forever?
No, there's a set period of time if Corrin does nothing where the target gets released. I would assume that mashing will let the target escape faster as well.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'd hardly call Quick Draw situational. Unlike in Brawl where you can just air dodge within his vicinity and he'll die, if you try that in Smash 4, he'll get the option to Double Jump if he saved it. Not only that, but every time Ike charges Quick Draw to recover, his opponent has to guess where he'll land. Over their head, Ike gets off safely because autocancel and momentum. On the stage if they're too far to punish Ike, he can just....yeah. Or of course, grabbing the ledge. On stages with platforms, the guessing game becomes harder for his opponent.

If we're talking Aether, then yeah, lol.
Wait if oponent air dodge i can still jump if i saved it?all the times i only fall with tears in face

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Please, everyone...! Vote for "Next Best Digimon"! Cornmon will digivolve into CornGreymon if you do! :4pacman:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yesterday in the Robin Social, we started brainstorming name ideas for a future Corrin-only Online Tournament, here's the strawpoll with all of the ideas we came up with.

http://strawpoll.me/6513922
I'm torn between Corn Crop Corntest, Corrin in the House, and Corrination. They're all just too good.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Wait if oponent air dodge i can still jump if i saved it?all the times i only fall with tears in face
Yes. If Ike goes into the swinging animation during Quick Draw, there's a window between the end of the slash and before you enter helpless state where you can buffer an input. For example, if you jump(assuming you saved your DJ), you'll double jump. Likewise for if you input Aether during said Quick Draw frames.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I finally pre ordered both versions of Fates!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already preordered Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright last week. I'll be getting Conquest after it comes out.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't have money, but my mom got a Gamefly account for me, so I'll be renting the game and begging her to let me keep it later.

The problem is that I'm going to be sharing the game with my sister, even though we have separate 3DSes. So if we want the other version at the discount price, either we're going to have to share a 3DS talk our parents into getting the special edition, and I don't think they'll be excited to let go of 80$ in one sitting. Besides that, my mom always wants me to rent the game first to make sure I really want it these days, and Gamefly doesn't have the special edition version.

I don't have an allowance nor the energy to deal with a job and school at the same time, so I'm basically stuck begging whenever I want something.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I already have both versions, because I'm a very impatient person. Heheh.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would preorder both Birthright and Conquest if I wanted to, but I want to save as much money as I can right now for other ****.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I learned that the special edition is most definitely not going to be available day 1 in retail after the first Amazon wave and first GameStop wave both sold out within the first hour of availability.
I managed to reserve myself a special edition on the 3rd wave of SEs from GameStop. :shades:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Reserved Conquest(Because reasons) and Street Fighter V. This is gonna be an exciting week...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I preordered my special edition the day they went up

the next question is when I'm actually going to get it, since we don't have even an estimated release date here yet

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Getting the Special Edition, needed a 3ds XL case anyways. Plus as an artist the artbook is a nice treat. I was gonna share the games with my brother, but I didn't know it all came in one cartridge. We're in a pickle now.

Btw, speaking of artbooks...

Darkhorse decided to translate the Knights of Iris art book under the name of "The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening", it's set for august of this year. I love this kind of thing, so I'm definitely getting it when it comes out.

Moydow Moydow They said that those that got the Special Edition would be able to play Revelations three weeks earlier than everybody else, so it wouldn't make sense if it releases too late.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow They said that those that got the Special Edition would be able to play Revelations three weeks earlier than everybody else, so it wouldn't make sense if it releases too late.
That would be "three weeks earlier than everybody else in your region", most likely

what I meant is we don't have a release date for any part of Fates here yet, let alone Revelations and/or the special edition (I'm not in the US, if you haven't noticed)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I can wait until the Revelations DLC comes out. I got two games to play through before then.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
That would be "three weeks earlier than everybody else in your region", most likely

what I meant is we don't have a release date for any part of Fates here yet, let alone Revelations and/or the special edition (I'm not in the US, if you haven't noticed)
Yeah, I just noticed you're from Australia, forgot everybody else doesn't have a release date. Sorry about that, for what it's worth I hope it's not too far from our release date, if not at the same time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, I just noticed you're from Australia, forgot everybody else doesn't have a release date. Sorry about that, for what it's worth I hope it's not too far from our release date, if not at the same time.
We were two months behind the US for Awakening, so I'm already mentally prepared for another similar wait. Hopefully it won't come to that though, because all the spoilers will be hell :/

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
On the subject of overkill, today my Tiki killed a sage that she would have one-shotted anyway with a critical hit. 120 damage when all she needed was 26. Yikes, lol.

Got my games preordered, but I'm a bit nervous that they won't actually arrive at my house until March.
Birthright is a download code, might they just email me the code the same day Conquest ships?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
At least you can buy FE fates by a good price... in my country one version will be at least 150,00... (used with discount)

Top Bottom