• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Yeah, mobiclip is the name of Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS movie files.
Okay, I think I have an idea what the ~600 MB (or the majority of it) is coming from in Revelations. You'll find out eventually.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm guessing it adds a lot of cutscene files, but if that's the case it doesn't explain the size. All of Triple Deluxe's mobiclip files (21minutes) is only like, 89 MBs because of the compression used for it (and because they're all in like... 480p, lol). iunno why cutscenes would end up being that big.

idk maybe it's something else i need to finish this game uuugghhh

ITS SO GOOD

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Watching XCAGE's playthrough of Birthright, and good lord, is he terrible. Going into chapter 10, and he's already lost Sakura, Hana, Silas, and Oboro. Yeesh.

Also, Gamestop preorder bonus: Adorable chibi keychains of Azura, Xander, and Ryoma.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Watching XCAGE's playthrough of Birthright, and good lord, is he terrible. Going into chapter 10, and he's already lost Sakura, Hana, Silas, and Oboro. Yeesh.

Also, Gamestop preorder bonus: Adorable chibi keychains of Azura, Xander, and Ryoma.
Do you get that if you preorder the special edition from them? I preordered in-store frome Gamestop, and keychains sound amazing ;-;

D

Deleted member

Too bad for me that I vowed to never enter a GameStop ever again.
Unfortunately, Walmart, Best Buy, and all of those other places are miles away from me, so GameStop is my only option.

I'm still salty over the fact that I bought Final Fantasy VII from them online for a cheap price due to Cyber Monday, only to get the FF7 case with only disks two and three of Final Fantasy IX. After that... I don't think I will be buying anything online from them; I'm skeptical that I am going to get the Special Edition of Fates now.
Watch as how instead of getting Fates, they give me Awakening...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Unfortunately, Walmart, Best Buy, and all of those other places are miles away from me, so GameStop is my only option.

I'm still salty over the fact that I bought Final Fantasy VII from them online for a cheap price due to Cyber Monday, only to get the FF7 case with only disks two and three of Final Fantasy IX. After that... I don't think I will be buying anything online from them; I'm skeptical that I am going to get the Special Edition of Fates now.
Watch as how instead of getting Fates, they give me Awakening...
That is stupid of them. They would have gotten a very angry me if it happened to me.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
1 month to dobble kamui work (smash and fates), hey how the special that comes with the 3 routes looks like? And how it work?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
1 month to dobble kamui work (smash and fates), hey how the special that comes with the 3 routes looks like? And how it work?
If the special edition comes with all three routes, then how it would work is, at the beginning of Chapter 6, you choose what path you wanna follow. Hoshido, Nohr, or the Invisible Kingdom.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
If the special edition comes with all three routes, then how it would work is, at the beginning of Chapter 6, you choose what path you wanna follow. Hoshido, Nohr, or the Invisible Kingdom.
I mean how it works of the gamecard, only one route and the other 2 receive codes to download?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
1 special cartridge with all 3 routes on it. Being the only one with all routes being immediately available while the others have to wait a little for the third route to be available for download.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
The only special editions for Fates that I can find are so bloody expensive that I'm starting to lose confidence that I'll be able to actually get it.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I can't wait to see those scalpers with all dem Special Editions up on Ebay for more than triple the MSRP. :4lemmy:

Good thing I don't have enough mulah to get it anyway. :4pacman:

...Actually I probably won't be able to get the game on release date at all... :substitute:

...........At least I'll be able to play :4corrinf:...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just remember, if you can't get the special edition, it's not that huge of a loss.
It's 80 dollars, right? A game cartridge is 40$, and then to download the other two version is 20$ each. That's also 80$.

And what else was bundled with the special edition? There was a 3DS case, wasn't there? And then an art book or something? Those would be nice to have, but they're also things you can live without.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hello Robin social~. It's been a whi--

... Wait a second.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon are two completely different fruits.

Fire Emblem Fates has three versions with different stories, characters, and stages. If you get one, you can get the other at a heavy 50% discount, which helps justify the reused assets. Also note that each game has the full length of Awakening.

Pokemon, however, has two nearly identical games with very small, unnoticeable changes. They only actually expect you to buy one game, and then get the Pokemon you wouldn't be able to get otherwise by trading. They aren't trying to rip you off - they're trying to keep Pokemon a social game that makes you seek out other players.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I just want to buy the game physically while still having the freedom of choice. It's still stupid that they took that away by Pokemoning it.
That's the only merit to the Special Edition, really. But a really big one at that.

I need SD card space if I want to get all three versions of the game and I'd very much like to be able to keep my other digital-only games as well. It's an eternal struggle.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
That's the only merit to the Special Edition, really. But a really big one at that.

I need SD card space if I want to get all three versions of the game and I'd very much like to be able to keep my other digital-only games as well. It's an eternal struggle.
That's my other issue, I have no space on my SD card left for all those downloads... :(

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Going by other game special editions, any chance there could be some in-store the day of? What about places like Target or Best Buy? The freedom of choice and the ease of a single cartridge make it the ideal way to enjoy Fates.

While the Special Edition is my ideal method of playing, I'm torn on how I'll actually get the game. My SD card is big enough for all three paths, but I like Fire Emblem so much that I kinda want a physical copy. Still, the game's other paths would only be playable with the cartridge in it and so digital makes more sense from a practical standpoint... Sigh...

Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon are two completely different fruits.

Fire Emblem Fates has three versions with different stories, characters, and stages. If you get one, you can get the other at a heavy 50% discount, which helps justify the reused assets. Also note that each game has the full length of Awakening.

Pokemon, however, has two nearly identical games with very small, unnoticeable changes. They only actually expect you to buy one game, and then get the Pokemon you wouldn't be able to get otherwise by trading. They aren't trying to rip you off - they're trying to keep Pokemon a social game that makes you seek out other players.
This is especially true in the newer ones (Pokemon). There are some story and feature differences, but they are light. You can still catch them all via trading, which is easier than ever now, with only one game. Pokemon does it because of tradition and because fans do like to put themselves on one side of the games or the other (I'm a Pearl, Silver, X, Sapphire fan). Sure, sales are a factor, but most people won't buy both versions anyway (although I'm a sucker and I hate erasing files so I'll buy them both).

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well, finally preordered the physical Conquest with Birthright download code bundle from Gamestop. Didn't get any keychains, though, hopefully they'll be packed in when the game ships.

Had to get the free shipping, which means estimated delivery is 2/29-3/07 D:
Surely it will arrive closer to release than that, right?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Well, finally preordered the physical Conquest with Birthright download code bundle from Gamestop. Didn't get any keychains, though, hopefully they'll be packed in when the game ships.

Had to get the free shipping, which means estimated delivery is 2/29-3/07 D:
Surely it will arrive closer to release than that, right?
Hopefully... my brother ordered a ZSS amiibo from them and it arrived three weeks later (and there wasn't a shortage of her).

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Hopefully... my brother ordered a ZSS amiibo from them and it arrived three weeks later (and there wasn't a shortage of her).
Oh man...
I usually get things I order days ahead of estimated arrival date, but I've never ordered anything from Gamestop before.
I better not have to wait too long...

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Lets say that i buy birthright
How many "blocks" i will need to download the conquest and IK campaing?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Isn't it all in one cart in the special edition though?
That it is. Most games run 1 gb to 2 gb. Pokemon XY were 1.92 gb, while Smash was around that too. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was 3.6 gb. I think I remember reading that 3DS carts can hold up to 8 gb of data, but there are some reasons why they avoid that (loading times maybe?).

I found this on Reddit concerning FE:Fates's download size-

Special edition, no DLC is 2GB
Or at least it is 2gb after I dumped the game to a .3ds file.
Update v1.1 is 30 blocks - 3.84mb
all of Season 1 DLC is 1,494 blocks - 191.23mb
Game is 13,902 blocks - 1.77gb

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I thought it downloads the story you chose.
That's how the digital version works, I think. Like it partially downloads the data for both paths once you buy it off the eShop, and then, once you choose a path, it downloads the rest of the data for that path.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That's how the digital version works, I think. Like it partially downloads the data for both paths once you buy it off the eShop, and then, once you choose a path, it downloads the rest of the data for that path.
Meanwhile, the physical version is the path you choose (Birthright in this scenario) and you buy the others off a DLC shop ingame (I think).

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Meanwhile, the physical version is the path you choose (Birthright in this scenario) and you buy the others off a DLC shop ingame (I think).
If I'm to guess, all of the unit and map data is already stored in the cartridge of the base games while the DLC for the other paths are all for text and progression files.
Meaning the actual size for DLC paths is small in comparison so people don't have to use a lot of memory from their SD cards. Which in turn gives incentive to purchase all three paths regardless so Nintendo can cash in on the moolah.

Top Bottom