• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just came here to say that Female Corrin should have taken the spotlight in the trailer and be the default costume and hence be the one getting an amiibo.

It's just that Robin already has the male version getting the spotlight so I think it would have been simply better if Corrin was more on the female side.

It's no big deal in the end it's just that I would have proffered it that way and it would also make the roster look like it has 1 more female than before. (Or Robin female-focused and Corrin Male -focused) Edit: well two cos Bayo.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
A topic we've covered here and given the most recent one I'll simply say this.

Happy that Corrin is here period, male or female being the lead we've got the character and need to be grateful for that.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Just came here to say that Female Corrin should have taken the spotlight in the trailer and be the default costume and hence be the one getting an amiibo.

It's just that Robin already has the male version getting the spotlight so I think it would have been simply better if Corrin was more on the female side.

It's no big deal in the end it's just that I would have proffered it that way and it would also make the roster look like it has 1 more female than before. (Or Robin female-focused and Corrin Male -focused) Edit: well two cos Bayo.
Either that or release two amiibos for both Robin and Corrin.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
A topic we've covered here and given the most recent one I'll simply say this.

Happy that Corrin is here period, male or female being the lead we've got the character and need to be grateful for that.
I am grateful. But I would be more grateful if Azura got in instead. :p
Its just I'm tired of only ever getting the main protagonists/avatars from FE but I can't [fully] complain because thank emblem Corrin is super unique!

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I am grateful. But I would be more grateful if Azura got in instead. :p
Its just I'm tired of only ever getting the main protagonists/avatars from FE but I can't [fully] complain because thank emblem Corrin is super unique!
Well, I mean, we have Lucina, who is basically a glorified side character, so you already got your wish.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lucina is bae. She continues to be adorable in Fates when you're doing amiibo interactions

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

Three if they had added Cross Dressing Cloud :yeahboi:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Can't we just talk about what is up with Eponine's hair color if you decide to skinship her? Her mother should be Felicia as her portrait shows but her skinship model suggest otherwise.
View attachment 91154
Similarly in Awakening, Laurent's hair looks white in different lighting in his image when Miriel's husband isn't white haired...

You dog...

Strange that Fates would miss this though with the focus on the face touching.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

HYPE

time to grind the **** out of this

why do you need to pick inferior story for same sex marriage with male kamui tho:088:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Have fun dude! While I visit Germany I plan on playing a lot of Fates again during my down time. Especially on the dreaded international flight.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wish I could read Japanese, but I'm too lazy to learn.
Well, yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that she barely has more story relevance then Vaike. She was there for the reveal and not much else.
Lucina
- Appeared alongside the risen for the first time
- Served as a boss(even though it didn't make any sense, especially considering she can kill Chrom)
- Stopped Emmeryn's assassination
- Told Chrom/The Avatar about the future
- Warned Basilio that Walhart was going to kill him

Vaike, on the other hand, did nothing but forget his axe so newbies could learn about trading items.

While I wouldn't call Lucina the main protagonist, saying she's barely more relevant than Vaike is a blatant understatement.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I wish I could play Fates early.

I wish I could read Japanese, but I'm too lazy to learn. Lucina
- Appeared alongside the risen for the first time
- Served as a boss(even though it didn't make any sense, especially considering she can kill Chrom)
- Stopped Emmeryn's assassination
- Told Chrom/The Avatar about the future
- Warned Basilio that Walhart was going to kill him

Vaike, on the other hand, did nothing but forget his axe so newbies could learn about trading items.

While I wouldn't call Lucina the main protagonist, saying she's barely more relevant than Vaike is a blatant understatement.
Good point. I dunno, she just felt like a human Artifact after the reveal. Maybe it's just me.

She had cool cutscenes though.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

HYPE

why do you need to pick inferior story for same sex marriage with male kamui tho:088:
The thing that I want to know the most is the localized Lazward name... it sounds so good, but it could get the Selena treatment.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
So before I join in on this social thread will their be not hidden FE:Fates spoilers? I'm just worried they may happen often.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
He really got the game? Or other people got and he take the photo? (PLEASE SAY TO US THE OCIDENTAL NAME OF EVERYONEEEEE)

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
So before I join in on this social thread will their be not hidden FE:Fates spoilers? I'm just worried they may happen often.
I would say tread carefully in this Social Thread. It's not only a hype thread for Corrin in Smash, but also for Fire Emblem Fates itself. People have talked about some minor spoilers without marking them, I think. No major plot spoilers that weren't hidden, however. I guess it depends on how much you want to be new to you.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

HYPE

Is this the actual game or a fan translation? If the characters are still being called by their Japanese names (Marx instead of Xander, Zero instead of Niles, Harold instead of Arthur, etc.) it's a fan translation.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Oh! It's the fan translation, not the official game. I don't think they've even started shipping review copies for Fates, lol.

it's so good susiswiiehdheuehr

tbh I think the fan translation is gonna be better because some of the voice actors in us version are weird and it's likely a lot of things are gonna be censored

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh! It's the fan translation, not the official game. I don't think they've even started shipping review copies for Fates, lol.

tbh I think the fan translation is gonna be better because some of the voice actors in us version are weird and it's likely a lot of things are gonna be censored
I've been playing the fan translation too. And I've been having a lot of fun with these games (I have both Birthright and Conquest).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

It's not perfect. It looks rushed from what I've seen.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Are you playing the most recent v3.0? So far I've had no problems, although I'm not that far in.

also sakura died like 3 times when I was on Chapter 4

wtf

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Are you playing the most recent v3.0? So far I've had no problems, although I'm not that far in.
I just found the screenshots and assumed. I don't even have a Japanese 3DS to play the game. Does Jakob Joker not say "bHuhind" in this v3.0?

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
These are the real questions. I want to try out both same-sex marriage options to see how the localization team handled them, but I'm kinda eh about playing through both Birthright and Conquest when I originally just planned on playing the latter. Mainly I don't want to play Birthright, get burnt out, and then lose my motivation to see what I think will be the more interesting side of the story. Also I didn't want to start off with the male avatar because their designs bore me, but I also don't want to play my Femui Conquest run first and then be bored by Birthright's lower difficulty...

Send help, I can't hold all these first world problems. XD

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I didn't have it in mine.

I'm assuming those are user-reported for older versions, but iunno.

ALSO

initial impressions, this game is like 100x better than Awakening (and awakening was ****ing amazing)

The atmosphere of the game is done really, really well. Music fits everything perfectly and sounds beautiful. The character designs and personalities fit really well, too. The actual designs for the different locations are what you'd expect, and give a lot immersion into the world, too

Story so far is really great (although I already watched every cutscene for all 3 sides and spoiled 3 character deaths that are outside of them ;w; ) despite playing a fan translated copy the writing is really good

also the game has good difficulty although I'm bad at Fire Emblem so don't take my word for this

These are the real questions. I want to try out both same-sex marriage options to see how the localization team handled them, but I'm kinda eh about playing through both Birthright and Conquest when I originally just planned on playing the latter. Mainly I don't want to play Birthright, get burnt out, and then lose my motivation to see what I think will be the more interesting side of the story. Also I didn't want to start off with the male avatar because their designs bore me, but I also don't want to play my Femui Conquest run first and then be bored by Birthright's lower difficulty...

Send help, I can't hold all these first world problems. XD
I'm playing through Birthright with M!Kamui and am gonna play through Conquest with F!Kamui so I already lost the option, which is lame

Maybe when playing through Invisible Kingdom I'll edit the game to have a bunch of same sex marriage options

actually, can you same sex both genders in invisible kingdom or is the feature gone completely?

Last edited:

Noro~

Smash Cadet
actually, can you same sex both genders in invisible kingdom or is the feature gone completely?
When they confirmed that same sex relationships are possible, they also said that both options are available in the third path.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
initial impressions, this game is like 100x better than Awakening (and awakening was ****ing amazing)

The atmosphere of the game is done really, really well. Music fits everything perfectly and sounds beautiful. The character designs and personalities fit really well, too. The actual designs for the different locations are what you'd expect, and give a lot immersion into the world, too

Story so far is really great (although I already watched every cutscene for all 3 sides and spoiled 3 character deaths that are outside of them ;w; despite playing a fan translated copy the writing is really good

also the game has good difficulty although I'm bad at Fire Emblem so don't take my word for this
All I needed to hear. Glad to know that my hype is well placed!.

Is the writing amazing in all three paths and/or did one stand above the rest?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm still going through atm but from what I've seen all the characters have equally good writing

also, I don't know wtf is in these files but the Invisible Kingdom DLC is half the regular game's size, which is really crazy

iirc Smash DLC is only like 303mbs so far, Invisible Kingdom is like 600~ or so (full game is 1.3gbs)

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm still going through atm but from what I've seen all the characters have equally good writing

also, I don't know wtf is in these files but the Invisible Kingdom DLC is half the regular game's size, which is really crazy

iirc Smash DLC is only like 303mbs so far, Invisible Kingdom is like 600~ or so (full game is 1.3gbs)
While I personally haven't played it yet, most seem to agree that Birthright's story is the best of the three. Still, it's good to hear that reserved seems to like all three.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Do you have both Birthright and Conquest? The 600 MB could be the average of each route.

Noro~

Smash Cadet
Damn, reading so many positive impressions of this game gets me hyped even more than I already am, but I 'm worried about the european release. Afaik they still haven't announced an official release date for EU. Corrin and a fully translated "Lost In Thoughts All Alone" (does the full song contain story relevant parts?) coming to Smash coupled with an earlier release in NA raises my fear of spoilers.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Do you have both Birthright and Conquest? The 600 MB could be the average of each route.
I'm playing through the Special Edition. The reason I don't understand why Invisible Kingdom is so big is because it doesn't include character models, stage models, etc because they're already in the original game. I don't know why dialogue files + mobiclips would equal 600 MBs.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm playing through the Special Edition. The reason I don't understand why Invisible Kingdom is so big is because it doesn't include character models, stage models, etc because they're already in the original game. I don't know why dialogue files + mobiclips would equal 600 MBs.
Mobiclips? You mean those CG cutscenes?

Top Bottom