• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cordial Uproar 4 - $500 Grand Prize!..!.!......!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Spade and TY, I'm going to be back in Madison for the summer by then. I plan on driving to the tournament. You guys are just going to have to ride with me, non-negotiable :)

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people think that the URC's disbanding suddenly changes the ruleset. People are still running Unity regardless, and unless it is explicitly mentioned, why would MK's ban-status be any different?
Well, I mean, I was just asking. I was under the impression that after the URC disbanded, the rule wasn't in effect anymore for many tournaments. With the URC disbanding, it should be explicitly stated now, one way or the other, if he is banned or not at each individual tournament, since it is basically the TOs choice.

Anyways, I probably can't come, my boss just emailed me and I have to work this weekend now.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Well, I mean, I was just asking. I was under the impression that after the URC disbanded, the rule wasn't in effect anymore for many tournaments. With the URC disbanding, it should be explicitly stated now, one way or the other, if he is banned or not at each individual tournament, since it is basically the TOs choice.

Anyways, I probably can't come, my boss just emailed me and I have to work this weekend now.
That's disappointing... But yes, Meta Knight is still banned.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Never even witnessed a crew battle to be honest.

lol aries how long you been playing this bro? haha its fun man pretty much pick the top ten to 15 players from your region pick a captain for each team, the capatain can be any one not exactly the best player...but you get three stocks to your name so lets say nova goes against storm and wins but loses two stocks well storm is out and nova has to play the next match with only one stock...odds are your not gonna win that match but you wanna TRY and take as many stocks from your opponent before dieing. first team to lose all there stocks loses. sounds hype right?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've never understood the concept of crew battles in any game that doesn't have lives/stocks. The Street Fighter community is weird.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
lol aries how long you been playing this bro? haha its fun man pretty much pick the top ten to 15 players from your region pick a captain for each team, the capatain can be any one not exactly the best player...but you get three stocks to your name so lets say nova goes against storm and wins but loses two stocks well storm is out and nova has to play the next match with only one stock...odds are your not gonna win that match but you wanna TRY and take as many stocks from your opponent before dieing. first team to lose all there stocks loses. sounds hype right?
I've played since it came out, but I didn't start playing competitvely until late October of last year, I believe. It sound very interesting, but I do not think I would be in the top 15 players in the region at all. I would love to watch though. Street Fighter doesn't sound like they could do this though. I keep having dreams about this tournament. I am just too excited about it. Lately they have been dreams about the tournament going wrong, but I I feel that with help from others, it will turn out wonderfully.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'd say 5v5... i dont think MW will even have 15... let alone 10, lol. who knows tho

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I've played since it came out, but I didn't start playing competitvely until late October of last year, I believe. It sound very interesting, but I do not think I would be in the top 15 players in the region at all. I would love to watch though. Street Fighter doesn't sound like they could do this though. I keep having dreams about this tournament. I am just too excited about it. Lately they have been dreams about the tournament going wrong, but I I feel that with help from others, it will turn out wonderfully.
as i said ill help in any way i can..long as yall gimmie a place to stay..lol jk but really though...and yeah dnyce 5v5 is more realistic for our little community i was just giving him a example..and proto im pretty sure every top player in tn will attend this tourney so hopefully atleast 15 will place and youll know your answer...idk bout mw though : 0 im not even sure of any players from there....whos yalls top players dnyce?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya sooooo

Still haven't got a response to my situation

If i/florida come who would be able to pick us up from nashville?

Can't go unless i have this figured out cuz i do not want to end up stranded there for god knows how long and end up wasting my $ cuz of somethin stupid happening.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Ya sooooo

Still haven't got a response to my situation

If i/florida come who would be able to pick us up from nashville?

Can't go unless i have this figured out cuz i do not want to end up stranded there for god knows how long and end up wasting my $ cuz of somethin stupid happening.
It depends on when you come. Saturday morning, I know I won't be able to make it. Only Friday sometime.

And the people that need to be picked up from Nashville, please text me anytime before, or the Thursday of that week. My number is on here so you can get in touch with me at anytime.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i think he was being sarcastic lol
Thank you.

@ Proto - You drive and I'll pay for gas.
-Edit - Actually if I have my Car back by then I can drive and I can Pick up 2-3 people from Nashville (wink wink Kuro) But I would still try to find a better option as Im not sure If Ill have my car by then

Upaya

Smash Rookie
Hey, I might possibly be able to get a discount on hotels depending on my trip schedule. I work for Comfort Suites, and I can get one discount a month, and rooms could get as low as $15. However, I can only reserve two rooms.

However, my wife and I might be making a trip to Florida around that time, and if that happens, I need to reserve a room for that instead. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: I think an Amateur Bracket is a fantastic idea.
Hey man, I'm in Murfreesboro, TN. We've got a small crew of semi-competitive smashers here...are you involved in any Murfreesboro area RIGOROUS TRAINING EVENTS? At least I would be really interested in meeting up with a ny Murfreesboro smash crew to prep.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Spade and TY, I'm going to be back in Madison for the summer by then. I plan on driving to the tournament. You guys are just going to have to ride with me, non-negotiable :)
I told my manager I was going to request off for that weekend last night :D Though I need to remind him.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Hey man, I'm in Murfreesboro, TN. We've got a small crew of semi-competitive smashers here...are you involved in any Murfreesboro area RIGOROUS TRAINING EVENTS? At least I would be really interested in meeting up with a ny Murfreesboro smash crew to prep.
I'm not involved in any training, but I'd be more than happy to play with you guys for practice. Just hit me up!

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Soooooo, just realized this is 2 weeks away lol. Been playing nothing but League of Legends since the knoxville tournament XD Played for about an hour with Talon to knock some rust off last week, and then I played this weekend... unfortunately we were drinking so...no much practice there lol. I take my last test tomorrow. If anyone in Memphis would like to practice at any point this week they should hit me and Talon up. :smirk:

Kel

Smash Master
So is anyone offering housing for this? My car would have 4 people total and we'd like to stay at least saturday.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
k so, would anyone be able to house me on wednesday? Just got confirmation from school that I has no school this week so I'm 100% coming. it's just really cheap to come on wednesday compared to other days, if it's not possible, then I'll just come friday :O

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I'll be heading there Wednesday night, but that won't be until maybe 12 or 1 in the morning when I come through Nashville maybe. I'll be doing many things while I'm in Camden though. Visiting many friends and such, but I do not know if you would really be interested in hanging all of those days with me and my lady.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Soooooo, just realized this is 2 weeks away lol. Been playing nothing but League of Legends since the knoxville tournament XD Played for about an hour with Talon to knock some rust off last week, and then I played this weekend... unfortunately we were drinking so...no much practice there lol. I take my last test tomorrow. If anyone in Memphis would like to practice at any point this week they should hit me and Talon up. :smirk:
Justin you wanna team for this ? im assuming talon is teaming with tatsumaki and I'm the only player coming from my area :(

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom