• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ControlSim is finished! Now you can play any GC game online!

Snes

Smash Rookie
djveeman said:
if you need any help snes just im me :)

aim: dj veeman
hotmail: djveeman@hotmail.com
yeah i would love some help
but just the part were i load pso
you know pso load
setting ip

here is my network
rj-45 cable to gc
usb on broadband connection

i know how to get the ips using ip config i just need to know how to work pso load and GCNrdGUI

in GCNrdGUI i rename psoload to loader.exe and it gives me an error message saying "loader.exe missing"

basically how do i hack the cube is what i need to know

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
Snes said:
yeah i would love some help
but just the part were i load pso
you know pso load
setting ip

here is my network
rj-45 cable to gc
usb on broadband connection

i know how to get the ips using ip config i just need to know how to work pso load and GCNrdGUI

in GCNrdGUI i rename psoload to loader.exe and it gives me an error message saying "loader.exe missing"

basically how do i hack the cube is what i need to know
I'm not sure if you already know this, but you don't need GCNrdGUI to use GCARS-CS to play games online. You only need GCNrdGUI if you want to hack scripts.

Snes

Smash Rookie
no i onlyy meant hack as a form of saying "make the gc play online games"

Snes

Smash Rookie
i want to learn how to do this thing
that way a noob can write a tutorial for noobs
and spread the joy throught the net
more smashers=more fun

djveeman

Smash Cadet
not sure about roms
i will get back to you on that

and snes you do not need gcnrd i have no idea how that got into this unless you want to hack scripts for gcars its useless!!!

you will need to look at the tutorials already posted by biolizard on page 21

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
Master Fox said:
Will you be able to play the N64 ROMS, NES ROMS and GBA ROMS online? also, is there an SNES Emulator plug-in?
This will only work with GameCube games. That said, I suppose it would be possible to use it with the N64 and NES emulators ripped from Nintendo's discs, if you own those emulators and someone is able to hack scripts for it. But why would you want to do that anyway, when you could just use an emulator's netplay feature?

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
There is a guide file somewhere in this topic. It'll take some time to find. There are a few links in this topic as well that will lead you to forums to explain the steps too. However, both have some confusing explainations, IMO.

I'm still waiting for my Max Drive Pro by mail. I should be getting it Wednesday, October 4, 2005.

djveeman is going to help me set up Control Sim using Max Drive Pro. I'll be sure to take note of the steps and make a FAQ. Of course I'll need more than one method so I'll be sure to read on the PSO method and try to sort it all out. Plus I'll explain to my best ability of what Control Sim is and how (generally) Control Sim works.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
ImpactAR, if you make notes of all the steps, you'll end up with the same descriptions as already found in the internet. But it's a good thing to have another interpretation of those descriptions, so good luck on it... although the part that needs the little bit of technical knowledge is with PSO, I guess, with Maxdrive it's almost plug & play, lol, ah anyway good luck and have fun.

djveeman, honkey really said that? man that'd be awesome ^^
biolizard, why'd you want to play online over cubes instead of using netplay on emulators? well, the same reason you want to play a snes rom on your cube ^_<

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
bornfidelity.com said:
ImpactAR, if you make notes of all the steps, you'll end up with the same descriptions as already found in the internet. But it's a good thing to have another interpretation of those descriptions, so good luck on it... although the part that needs the little bit of technical knowledge is with PSO, I guess, with Maxdrive it's almost plug & play, lol, ah anyway good luck and have fun.

djveeman, honkey really said that? man that'd be awesome ^^
biolizard, why'd you want to play online over cubes instead of using netplay on emulators? well, the same reason you want to play a snes rom on your cube ^_<
Ah, but Dolphin and the other GameCube emulators don't run any games full-speed other than Bust-A-Move 3000. Every SNES emulator that's worth its beans can run games full-speed (and usually with graphics enhancements like 2xSai). Also, SNES emulators are much easier to set up, because the ROMs are much more readily available than GameCube ISOs.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about Gamecube emulators/isos, but about Snes roms ON your cube, using honkey's snes emulator for gamecube. It's the vintage feel, the tv, the controller, etc. ^^ (although last time I checked, I couldn't save in honkey's emu, but he's still working on it, right?)

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
If you had read the topic like you should've, that's the first and last few pages rofl, you'd have been visiting the team GX forums or requesting online partners here instead of asking these - i'm terribly sorry, but - stupid questions. you oughtta have read about the rubberbanding issue that has not yet been entirely solved, so you can reckon, just by plain logic, that there aren't more than, like, twenty people actually testing/using this. to get others' ip, you have, just like EVERY OTHER online game, like, EVER, to ask the IP of the person you're playing with (against?). A good place to start is the Team GX forum (which has been named, like, a thousand times in this topic alone) there you can find more information etc.

sorry i was rude in any way.
i just hate answering the same questions over and over again.
*hey maybe that's why my sig exists rofl*

tsetse

Smash Lord
bornfidelity.com said:
you oughtta have read about the rubberbanding issue
what is rubberbanding? I thought that only applied in racing games?

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
tsetse said:
what is rubberbanding? I thought that only applied in racing games?
View the video that was posted earlier in this thread (I'm thinking DJ Veeman posted it, but I'm not 100% sure); it will show the rubber-banding.

Bornfidelity.com, the Team-GX Forums are down right now, so I recommend not referring people there at the moment. ;) People can contact Fuzziqer (AKA Sharpener) on the Team Xlink and GCDev forums, among other places. Or they can contact him on MSN Messenger if they know his screen name (I won't post it here, because if I did, he would be likely to be barraged by a storm of n00b questions).

mr.link

Smash Cadet
i have download the gcars to play ssbm online but i dont know what to do know can someone help me?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Guys, no emulator discussion. Emulators are not to be discussed on SWF. One thing to talk about playing the game online from the cube, andother to be talking about emulators on computers. No more please.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
mr.link said:
i have download the gcars to play ssbm online but i dont know what to do know can someone help me?
Check this topic. Instead of reading the first page, read the last... ten pages or so. All you answers will be asked. That's for future reference.

Because I'm Eddie Niceguy (rofl) I'll explain things one more time.

GCars simulates a connection between your controller to the cubes of the people you're playing with. It goes like this: Your controller's plugged into your cube (duh). Via your gamecube broadband-adapter (BBA) that's connected with your PC, GCARS sends your controller data to your PC, where GCARS sends it over the internet, to the PCs of the people you are playing with. On their PCs, their GCARS sends your controller data to their gamecube's BBA and to the game. Their controllers follow the same path to your cube, but reversed (obviously ^^)

You can understand all of this takes time. So there's always some lag involved. That's a thing to know :)

Now you're asking, how the heck do I set this up? Well, there are guides for that. First of all, you need a way to load data (such as the GCARS program) to your cube. Some of your options include using 'Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2' game (PSO 1 & 2). NOT PSO 1 & 2 PLUS version, and NOT PSO 3. Or you could buy a Maxdrive pro. Or a viper mod. Or use SDload. Google those names and you can find what works best for you. Myself I use the PSO 1 & 2, because IMO it's easiest to use, cheapest and safest.
Off course you need a broadband adapter for gamecube.

http://psygamer.tripod.com/gcars-cs_guide.doc

There is some info in that, but another program GCNrd is used there, which isn't the eastiest way to go. I suggest you get the Phoenix 2.5 program, links are in there, and start looking around on the internet, google some names/methods/keywords etc.

ImpactAR is working on a guide to GCARS-CS as we speak, if I remember correctly, so you could also wait a few days and see what comes up. Good luck anyway.

Oh and do note that you can only play Melee online if you have version 1.0 as of now.
And, there are still some issues with that version also, such as rubberbandig, where the controller data isn't perfectly streamed or synched, which creates... weird effects.
But don't worry, your cube can't be harmed in any way ;) rofl

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know if there's going to be another update for this program?

Also, anyone know of some software that you can Rip and unpack GCN games so you can perhaps edit and make a homebrew game?

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
Master Fox said:
Anyone know if there's going to be another update for this program?

Also, anyone know of some software that you can Rip and unpack GCN games so you can perhaps edit and make a homebrew game?
Yes, there will be another update for GCARS-CS. And the Team-GX forums should be back up by Saturday, according to Wunsick.

As for your other question, if you're asking for software to rip GameCube games to GCMs/ISOs, there's lots of software that can do that, including GCOS and Phoenix. Look around MaxConsole and AfterDawn; you might find something. (note to mods: I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss ripping GameCube games here; if we're not, feel free to edit this post to remove that info).

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
I believe GCNrd got into this thread because of me *sorry*
I was trying to make it easier for people to understand by using GCNrd as an example of how to load a dol program. I probably should have used GCARS-CS but I have more experence with GCNrd. If you need a noob guide on how to do this... just e-mail me @ dg802097@cue1.umt.edu

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
biolizard89 said:
As for your other question, if you're asking for software to rip GameCube games to GCMs/ISOs, there's lots of software that can do that, including GCOS and Phoenix. Look around MaxConsole and AfterDawn; you might find something. (note to mods: I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss ripping GameCube games here; if we're not, feel free to edit this post to remove that info).
And to unpack a ripped GCN game like winzip and winrar can both unpack zip files. What program unpacks a dol file in the same way as winzip with zip files so I can get to all the stuff that makes the game tick (models, maps, codes, etc.)

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Master Fox - you are living proof that not all Emerald Members have common sense. ;)

It's almost impossible to decompile a 'normal' PC game (which is what you're asking) let alone a ripped gamecube game. But we're not allowed to talk about ripping/ISOs ect so just google stuff up.

ANyway, ImpactAR, how's it coming with your guide to GCARS? ^^

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
My FAQ is coming along decent. There are still a few major kinks with SSBM and Control Sim that needs to be worked out so I don't want to release my FAQ until the bugs are fixed and until I can address most the minor problems after the fix.

However, I will post a topic on how to get Control Sim to work with MAX Drive Pro in the future. Haven't have time to read about and explain the PSO 1 & 2 and PSOLoader method yet.

I might post a topic explaining and defining the current problems with SSBM and Control Sim, however, that might turn off some people and give them the wrong idea. Afterall, working SSBM with Control Sim is still in it's early phases.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Currently, Control Sim only works with version 1.0. There are plans to try to get the new versions of SSBM to work with Control Sim, but that will happen when ever someone hacks the code, so it's wait and see what happens.

I have:

DOL-GALE-0-00 JPN

on the back of my SSBM disc. I believe that:

DOL-GALE-0-00 USA

works as well. Both are SSBM version 1.0.

Someone confirm or correct this please.

Zodiac

Smash Master
If this works thankd god I'll finally have a challenge!(Not to brag) SMahers in this area=Me

Vasculio

Smash Cadet
Wow!!! i'd love to smash a live player as Ganondorf mahahaha too bad i don't have a network adapter :(

Top Bottom