• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ControlSim is finished! Now you can play any GC game online!

djveeman

Smash Cadet
yeah also if anybody has any problems you can contact me on aim

my sn is

dj veeman

i dont mind helping any body setup there gamecubes :D

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
bornfidelity.com said:
A lot of the rubberbandig has been solved, I have heard, but check uit the Team GX forums (link is in the .doc file a few posts above).
Yeah, last time I heard, some testers changed the update frequency to 60 times per second instead of 10, and the result was that there was no rubber-banding, but the game would occasionally freeze. I think Fuzziqer was going to look into why it was doing that, but I don't think he's figured it out yet (if he's even had time to try).

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Here are the instructions on how to get GCAR-CSto work w/the cube.

start PSO
go to options
go to network options
go to provider option
load network info from mem card A
network setup
edit menu
next (under edit ISP name)
-manually set an ip address
-do not automatically disconnect
next (should be on IP address manual-settings screen)
-IP address 192.168.0.7 (the GC's IP address)
-subnet mask 255.255.255.0
-default gateway 192.168.0.2 (the PC's IP address)
-primary DNS 192.168.0.2
next
next
save
return to the game

online game
create character
enter in serial number (xx-xxxx-xxxx)
enter in access key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)
enter in password (connect)
save info to mem card

---stop working on GC for a moment---

go to network connections
properties of local area connection
internet protocol (tcp/ip) settings
use following ip address
-ip address 192.168.0.2
-subnet mask 255.255.255.0
-default gateway 1.1.1.1 (if you are using a crossover ethernet cable. Use 192.168.0.1 if you are using a router)
-preferred DNS server 192.168.0.2 (put the secondary DNS server as 192.168.0.1 if you are using a router. leave it blank if you are using a crossover ethernet cable)
ok
ok

go to start, run, type in "cmd" and navigate to the GCNrd folder
type 'loader.exe -s' and hit enter
turn off wireless card (unless using wireless router)

on the GC click ok

cmd should say "saving user data...done! you may now reconnect and send DOL files w/o having to enter your user data in PSO ever again. closing client socket... OK"

turn off the GC then turn it back on.
Start online game
DON'T CLICK CONFIRM YET...

Navagate to the folder holding PSOLoad AND GCAR-CS.
DRAG AND DROP the GCAR-CS icon INTO the PSOLoad icon.
Now Click Confirm on the GC.

GCAR-CS will now load on the GC.

Use Levine to load the scripts... type in the ip addresses (I haven't done this part yet... someone post spicifics please)

volla... Online SSBM (V1.0 ONLY!)

djveeman

Smash Cadet
i dont like levine i can never get it working so i just put the codes manually

i dont understand why you have gcnrd

do you plan on hacking scripts?

overall though your tutorial is pretty good

if anybody needs any help feel free to contact me on aim and msn

aim: dj veeman
msn: djveeman@hotmail.com

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
djveeman said:
i dont like levine i can never get it working so i just put the codes manually
If I remember correctly, GCARS-CS v0.9.2 has the latest scripts included in the default code list. Note that it only updates your code list if you don't already have a GCARS-CS save file.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
I am going to help Fuzz make better scripts for GCARS-CS. Hopefully even make scripts for v1.1 & v1.2 & PAL. That is why I have GCNrd.
GCARS-CS does not help you w/o lavine... it'll take you hrs to input the scripts manually and every update will make u have to do it again. In the last month... how many updates have you seen? 5... 10... more... that means you'll be waisting a ton of time inputing scripts. It'll only take me a few secs to do it w/lavine.

this site does not work...
http://psygamer.tripod.com/gcars-cs_guide.doc
please give it to fuzz so he can post it on a site that works. that or put it on www.yousendit.com

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
dragonsshadows said:
I am going to help Fuzz make better scripts for GCARS-CS. Hopefully even make scripts for v1.1 & v1.2 & PAL. That is why I have GCNrd.
GCARS-CS does not help you w/o lavine... it'll take you hrs to input the scripts manually and every update will make u have to do it again. In the last month... how many updates have you seen? 5... 10... more... that means you'll be waisting a ton of time inputing scripts. It'll only take me a few secs to do it w/lavine.

this site does not work...
http://psygamer.tripod.com/gcars-cs_guide.doc
please give it to fuzz so he can post it on a site that works. that or put it on www.yousendit.com
GCARS-CS v0.9.2 doesn't require levine; all the scripts are already entered in the default code list.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
bill7907 said:
I think people are getting mixed up by all of those methods.We need to agree on one method so that people find it easy to setup.
Afterall, all you need would be a "Broadband Adapter" and a "Max Drive Pro".
Now for the people who already have "Phantasy Star Online" we can give them the other alternative.But for the others it's better to say there's only one method so that people don't get mixed up and actually want to try to play online.
Creating a new thread with a good complete tutorial and stuff crossed my mind, but than this topic will have to be closed first ('cause of mirrorposting, yeah that's not allowed, guess why?) and I majorly disagree on the closing down on loading methods. IF you plan on such a thread than at least include ALL common loading methods today (and most people still use PSO, which is most likely also the cheapest, especially if you already have AR, AND it is avaiable to ANYONE. I can't go to a store here in Holland like 'hey gimme a max drive pro' they'll probably say wtf?)
That includes PSO, Max Drive Pro, SDLoad, Vipermod and probably some others I forgot.
Remember, most people outside of Northern America cannot just buy vipermods and max drives, without importing, which makes PSO a much cheaper option.
Once again, a clean and especially clear topic would be nice to prevent some confusion. But as long as there's not that much interest shown anyway, it's not necissary (there are maybe... eight people on these boards interested? and that includes biolizard and djveeman who have been with this longtime >_>')

And OMG tripod has got some sort of protection, you either have to rightclick->save as or just copy/paste the link in your browser. So anything but clicking it >_>'

djveeman

Smash Cadet
i dont live outside northern america but im pretty sure you cant buy the original version of pso at a store unless perhaps its used

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
djveeman said:
i dont live outside northern america but im pretty sure you cant buy the original version of pso at a store unless perhaps its used
'Course not, but it's the only thing you can relatively easy pick up secondhanded (ebay etc.) and a lot of people even have it already...
Bill7096, if you - we? lol - are including just those two methods, you should at least mention the others, and say that people should google it or whatever.
Besides, I'm willing to do a detailed guide on setting up the PSO method using Phoenix 2.5. ^^

Waiting for all the freezing/rubberbandig to be solved could take months, it's debugging state, that could take forever y'know.. so let's not wait on that, it's playable, that's the most important thing, people joining in now justh elp testing => speeding up the whole thing.

If we just had PAL Melee scripts >_<

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Let me get this straight.

EQUIPMENT:

::Needs to be purchased::

Gamecube with Broadband Adapter

Phantasy Start Online 1 & 2 (Does it matter if you buy it used?)

PC with 2 ethernet ports, one for internet and one Gamecube (or have PC and Gamecube hooked up to the same router)

::Downloadable::

GCAR-CS and PSOLoader 2.0a

::Confused about::

Phoenix 2.4 + Phoenix 2.5 (needed?)

CONCEPT:

Basically your Gamecube if going to play online through your PC.

Manipulating PSO from the Gamecube and PSOLoader from your PC will allow your Gamecube to read DOS, this process is going to allow the Gamecube to read the GCAR-CS, which will allow you to play online.

GCNrd is created by combining these files into one folder???

http://www.gscentral.com/lib/downloads/install.txt
http://www.gscentral.com/lib/downloads/gcnrd.zip
http://www.gscentral.com/lib/downloads/GCNrdGUI.zip

However, GCNrd is OPTIONAL, right?

Am I missing any thing? I want to make sure I have the general idea down and all I need to do is to follow the programming and steps right.

How is the interface of the program? Are you going to be sent to a room with other SSBM players where you make challenges or do you look for other players and exchange address?

djveeman

Smash Cadet
you need the ORIGINAL version of pso 1&2
does not matter if its new or used
or you can buy a max drive pro if you cannot find pso

you dont need phoenix its optional some say its easier

gcnrd is not optional its USELESS
unless you wanna start hacking for memory addresses which is something
that is beyond this topic

playing with people requires ip's
yeah no server room yet :(
i would suggest adding people to your messenger of choice

speaking of messenger
if you need any help at all you can contact me on aim and msn
aim: dj veeman
hotmail: djveeman@hotmail.com
i will gladly help:)

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
With Phoenix 2.5, everything is easier - initialising the memcard, loading DOLs (or even GCMs, but on the boards I'm not allowed to talk about that, I suppose LOL). Anyway, once you've loaded GCARS-CS (that's a DOL file, not a DOS file, typo perhaps? ;)) you have to enter the IPs of the other players, so yeah, some messenger for contact'd be somewhat necissary.

You don't need PSOloader, that's included in Phoenix 2.5. And, I'm not quite sure, but with PSO loader, I thought you could only either initialise the memcard or load something up to PSO if the memcard has already been initalised. I thought you needed two different programs for those two (both and lots of others are included in Phoenix 2.5, I'd really recommend you use it ^_^)

silentboxer

Smash Rookie
But how do u know that this won't mess up ur game cube i mean this was made by a hacker hit me back abut that

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
bornfidelity.com said:
With Phoenix 2.5, everything is easier - initialising the memcard, loading DOLs (or even GCMs, but on the boards I'm not allowed to talk about that, I suppose LOL). Anyway, once you've loaded GCARS-CS (that's a DOL file, not a DOS file, typo perhaps? ;)) you have to enter the IPs of the other players, so yeah, some messenger for contact'd be somewhat necissary.

You don't need PSOloader, that's included in Phoenix 2.5. And, I'm not quite sure, but with PSO loader, I thought you could only either initialise the memcard or load something up to PSO if the memcard has already been initalised. I thought you needed two different programs for those two (both and lots of others are included in Phoenix 2.5, I'd really recommend you use it ^_^)
PSOLoad can both initialize the memory card and load .dol files, although I agree with you that Phoenix is much more user-friendly.

A quick warning about Phoenix, though. Its N64 and NES emulation includes code ripped from Nintendo-owned games, so if you want to be on the safe side legally, I suggest that people not use those functions unless they already own the games that the emulators were ripped from. The other functions (.dol, .gcm, .iso, etc.) are legal, of course (although I don't know if we're allowed to discuss .gcms and .isos here, so I'll stay away from that subject).

tsetse said:
With all the potential this has why has this thread not been stickied.
Probably because a sticky would require a lot of n00b-friendly information in one post, and no one's had time to compile all of the FAQs answered in this thread into one big post. I do think someone should do that, though.

silentboxer said:
But how do u know that this won't mess up ur game cube i mean this was made by a hacker hit me back abut that
Because it's physically impossible for a .dol to damage your hardware, just like a .exe cannot damage the hardware of your PC. A .exe can delete your hard drive, of course, but since the GameCube doesn't have a hard drive, there's nothing to delete. The GameCube has a memory card slot, but people have been using the memory card with GCARS-CS with no problems.

As for it being written by a hacker,
Dictionary.com said:
Hacker, n.: A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary.
So why would you have a problem using a program written by a hacker?

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
I just played my first game of online smash.
The rubberbanding is a problem.

You can use any version of PSO on PSOLoad v2.0 from what I hear. It has a new auto detect feature that corrects the old problems with it.

Never used Phoenix but would be willing to give it a try. I just use PSOLoad. It works for me.

I volenteer for the guide. I don't know but I believe my guide so far can't get any easier or more spicific. Correct me if I'm wrong. It only took me about 5 mins to write.

GCARS-CS is not that hard to set up.
Basically load it (using guide above)
save to memory card (MUST BE STANDARD 56)
go into action replay simulator
make the enable code, unlock everything, and no bonus messages blue.
go into control simulator
go into network setup (this is the tricky part)
for the controller you plan to use, use your ip address (as seen by yourcomputer)
for your opponents controller use their IP address (must have them get it from www.whatismyip.com)
press Z on their IP address.
change the default gateway if using a router.
MAKE SURE BOTH OF YOU HAVE THE SAME SUB-DOMAIN (MEANING BOTH OF YOUR ROUTERS HAVE IP ADDRESSES 192.168.X.Y) [this step/insturction is very hard to understand and I haven't done a good job on it but it is late and I'm not going to expalin further untill I have more time]
go to auto detect
wait for opponent to connect
UNPLUG MEMORY CARD
start game
GO VERY SLOW AND MAKE SURE YOUR OPPONENT IS ON THE SAME SCREEN AS YOU...
volla... online ssbm.

again... sorry this isn't more specific. I'll revise it sometime. I'm tired. Look at the post time.

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
dragonsshadows said:
I just played my first game of online smash.
The rubberbanding is a problem.

You can use any version of PSO on PSOLoad v2.0 from what I hear. It has a new auto detect feature that corrects the old problems with it.

Never used Phoenix but would be willing to give it a try. I just use PSOLoad. It works for me.

I volenteer for the guide. I don't know but I believe my guide so far can't get any easier or more spicific. Correct me if I'm wrong. It only took me about 5 mins to write.

GCARS-CS is not that hard to set up.
Basically load it (using guide above)
save to memory card (MUST BE STANDARD 56)
go into action replay simulator
make the enable code, unlock everything, and no bonus messages blue.
go into control simulator
go into network setup (this is the tricky part)
for the controller you plan to use, use your ip address (as seen by yourcomputer)
for your opponents controller use their IP address (must have them get it from www.whatismyip.com)
press Z on their IP address.
change the default gateway if using a router.
MAKE SURE BOTH OF YOU HAVE THE SAME SUB-DOMAIN (MEANING BOTH OF YOUR ROUTERS HAVE IP ADDRESSES 192.168.X.Y) [this step/insturction is very hard to understand and I haven't done a good job on it but it is late and I'm not going to expalin further untill I have more time]
go to auto detect
wait for opponent to connect
UNPLUG MEMORY CARD
start game
GO VERY SLOW AND MAKE SURE YOUR OPPONENT IS ON THE SAME SCREEN AS YOU...
volla... online ssbm.

again... sorry this isn't more specific. I'll revise it sometime. I'm tired. Look at the post time.
PSOLoad does not work with every version of PSO. It only works with all versions of 1&2 , and the JPN versions of 3 and (I think) 1&2+. The USA versions of PSO 1&2+ and PSO 3 do not work.

The memcard doesn't have to be a 59. It can also be a 251. It does have to be an official Nintendo memcard, though. 1019s are untested.

And you don't have to unplug your memcard when you start the game. ControlSim automatically disables memory cards, so that's taken care of for you.

djveeman

Smash Cadet
the disable memory card did not work before
neo and blaze both take out the memory so i just followed their lead the new version gcars may fix it though

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
djveeman said:
the disable memory card did not work before
neo and blaze both take out the memory so i just followed their lead the new version gcars may fix it though
That's really weird . . . the automatic disabling of memcards worked fine when I tested Sonic Adventure 2: Battle with old versions of GCARS-CS. Please post details on Team-GX; I think Fuzziqer would want to know about this.

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
djveeman said:
neo already posted it
i cant seem to get it the forums
Cool.

About the forums being down, Diffuse says he asked Wunsick, who says that the host is down at the moment. Hopefully it will come back up soon.

Snes

Smash Rookie
can someone host GCARS-CS v.09 somewhere yousendit.com maybe
i just cant seem to be able to dl it the site is down or something

maybe ill check dc++

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I saw the video of smash online and I must say I am very impressed. Perfect smash online was never even feasible for a first test, but regardless, the video has exceeded my expectations by far.

Even though the final product has not been reached yet, I appluad your skills as a superb programmer, Fuzziqer. Keep up the good work.

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice

Snes

Smash Rookie
thanks biolizard
now for 5 hours of figuring out how to use this

Top Bottom