• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Contest: The Ultimate Fox Showoff (RULES UPDATE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
Hey M2K, join the contest!

I like the idea of the signatures. That's a great way to advertise the contest. I guess, Hoodie, you'll be able to make them? If not, I can just do it, but I've been pretty busy lately. That's why I don't check SmashBoards too often.

10-15 people would be good for this contest. How about we try to start this contest before October 10th? If we start it somewhere around the 10th of this month, we can make the deadline Halloween or something, so people remember the date.

at MLG Orlando on the middle bottom of the pokemon stadium yellow rock-field, I infinited Darkrain from about 20 to 190% in JUST short hop drill out of shine over and over. This was the 4th (last) tourney match in our set.
Random? lol, join the contest though.
thats kinda soon dalal IMO.

im actually about to try and fiure out how to record at home myself, haha. so yes i guess.
okay ive been recording since i posted this and its REALLY hard to try and do what i want for a really long time, so my videos gonna be like 30 seconds, but it wont be bad at all! i can garuntee over 300 attacks in that time limit. :) but it wont be submitted until after the 14th. :(

hey dalal, i saw in the rules that you said we can make it fade into different characters and such, but wouldnt that be having more than one scene? in other words breakin the rules? or did you change it so our videos asre montages cause thatd be lame. :(
all at once is better, its harder. if it IS all at once (one scene) dont let them fade nto other characters, they might have messed up after that waveshine combo and johned out by fading into another lol. just a though.
double post ftl, cause i wanted to get your attn with a new post haha

I ALSO saw it has to be 2-3 minutes, nut if its all one scene, im afraid i cant keep doing things of a certain level for that long in a row like that lol. minimum time limit=bad.

and as for the voting process, i dont like the idea of the poll thing cause there could be cheating and stuff. you should have 5 panelists, all of which are well-known players and would know who should win. if m2k doesnt participate, make him a panelist and cort for sure. seriously though.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Yes, I changed the rules. Before you say anything, the reason I changed them is because people weren't joining. Without participants, the contest wouldn't have worked out anyway so yeah. A lot of people had problems with the 'one-session' deal, so I took it out, to get more participants. Yeah, I know, I didn't want to do this for the same reason you didn't, but how do we get more participants.

I still have the old 'strict' rules in a document on my computer. I could pop those back in anytime, but since the rule change more people have started joining so I guess these new rules work better.

Even if we spot some editing intended to create the impression of true skill, the judges could just go and down-grade that video. So, what do you think we should do?

Also, about the poll concept, I don't mind changing it at all. That was just something I thought up randomly. It came to my mind. The five panelists sounds fine to me. If you find anyone fit for the job. PM them and we can get the judges.

i understand about the whole changing the rules thing now kthx.
ill be sure to PM you a name or two of smashers i know are NOT biast, lol. and are experienced and knowledgable of the game. :)

but i do recomend Cort.
PM coming lol.

Cort

Apple Head
Haha, I would love to judge. I think adding more than just 1 straight run through and having different spliced clips should draw more people... Since the videos can still be judged on the quality of each clip based on how long/complex/challenging it was to pull it off, and bonus points to unique stuff. ^^

Come on guys, start on your submissions!

Haha, I would love to judge. I think adding more than just 1 straight run through and having different spliced clips should draw more people... Since the videos can still be judged on the quality of each clip based on how long/complex/challenging it was to pull it off, and bonus points to unique stuff. ^^

Come on guys, start on your submissions!
Cort as judge ftw! thats what i was hoping theyd judge on cause i already started recording.
btw i talked to kdj and lunin spectra about this.
kdj=judge maybe
lunin=participant maybe
:D

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
I infinited 2 people at the same time for 75% each (150% total obviously) during a teams match and said during the combo, "Someone get a camera".

I drill-shined Isai across Pokestadium. I reverse blaster back & forth, with fast fall, I can also Reverse Double blaster. :-/ I don't think this proves anything, its all useless to say without having something recorded (just come to a tourny over here at Norcal and I'll show you some fox stuff).

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I'll be interested in being a Judge. Too bad I can't participate because I can't get my film on the computer. It'll still be fun nonetheless.

but bragging is too fun, i cant wait for this to happen! now we got more good ppl here, youre in too right fastfox?

Nigzel

Smash Ace
I'm in. But don't expect good sound sync. I usually don't capture with audio, and when I do it tends to magically unsync. itself.

Anyways, could you wait with the contest two weeks before starting it? PC2's killing me! X_X

im done recording and choosing scenes. i have like 2:08 of gameplay, it should be done after the 14th thought ike i mentioned earlier.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Dalal, actually I want to use the AR, but it's not what you think!

There is one code I'd love to use - No, it's NOT the debug-menu code, NO - It's no 'super code'.

I'm sure you'll say no if I don't post it here, but since it will be a part of intro it would ruin a bit of the fun knowing what code it is. Also, there may be copy-cats. :p

So, unless you allow it right here., right now.; PLEASE do send me a PM and I'll tell you the code, since it's confidental.

Dalal-do we still have to use scenes only on cpus or a non-playing human? cause if not, can i just submit my new combo video when its done? lol.
either ways fine for me though.

Xin

Smash Cadet
I wan't to join, i just don't have anything I can record my matches with at the moment.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Xin, I added you to the list. Just make sure you get something soon.

Silent Wolf, the only real rules are the ones I've posted on the first page. When you make your combo video make sure you don't include AR in the gameplay footage. Also, you must include sound effects (however faint) to prove that it's not AR. Those are the rules. How about this? For this contest you can just make sure that in your video your sound effects are prominent. When you post your actual combo video you can do whatever you like with the sound effects.

Juce, the contest end date? I still don't really know. The only thing I'm really sure of is that the contest should end before the middle of September. But it probably won't even go on that long. I was thinking we could make Halloween the last date of submission.

Xin

Smash Cadet
Hey Dal, since you added me, just thought I would let you know that my name when I play SSBM is "Jet", or "The Jet" as my friends call me, just a name they gave me since almost no matter what I do (Sports, games) I'm always moving fast. Also would help the confusion if I posted a vid and people saw "Jet" instead of Xin. I'm just Xin on the forums cause the name sounds sexay! lol xD But atm i just need to work on getting something to record my fights. Most of my fights are on VHS, and I don't have a VHS to DVD converter.

Also, when you say show off, you wan't clips of combos during fights? Or just us doing stuff in general? Or both? Just wondering if you could clear this up for me.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Uh, I'll be a judge if you want, seeing as though you're at a lack. I do play a good Fox, but I never come to the Fox boards, just saw this one randomly and decided to check it out. I'm not sure if that was your def of an unbiased source or not, but if so, I'll be glad to help out...

umm, my video might be like 8 minutes then lol.
that also means i wasted my time making a video that wont win cause i used the old rules....i spent like 3 hours on it too.........

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'd like to judge, when it does happen. I don't know any of of these fox players personally (or even like relatively) so it'd be pretty impossible for me to be bias (unless they're using a color!!11)
heck..i'd even like to enter the contest myself, but i know for a fact, i'll never get around to buying anything to be able to record it.

emcp7

Smash Apprentice
is anybody still gonna use the old rules? im still gonna try a straight 2-3 min freestyle, unless i keep messin up near the end and get frustrated.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
ugh lame i liked the idea of one long clip (not too long though)
so that it shows you can do that stuff consintly
never mind ... still looking forward to this

Xin

Smash Cadet
I went to the store today to look at DVD recorders, and they ranged from $179 and higher... I don't have that kind of money.

Then I looked into buying VHS to DVD converters, and they were $250 and higher... if I don't have the money for a DVD recorder, no way in hell am I going to have enough for a that.

Does anyone have any other ways i could record my fights? I would really like to participate in this competition. Right now I'm still feeling the deficit on my wallet from buying my college books.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I could join, but don't know if I can capture the sound. Oh well, I suck so you'll know it's not AR from that..

Dalal- is it alright if my videos like 13 minutes long? cause i dont want to have to make 2 videos and certainly not make 2 videos with the same clips lol. cause itll be my combo video and itll be a little long cause of some certain cool things in there youll see when i release it. can i use that? it should NOT be boring for the judges in any way possible trust me.

that basically was the point of the contest, but the thing is, my entry i was GOING to use will be in there somewhere before the credits,a dns ince were able to do it combo vid style as well, id like to have it all, plus it would add onto my combo video and make it cooler. :)
id say the judges should decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom