• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

constructing a captain fabulous helmet

Hax

Smash Champion
i really wanna roll into genesis with one of these http://ny-image2.etsy.com/ialcr_fullxfull.32170.jpg but they're wayy too pricy. so i copped a speed racer helmet at toys r us and decided i'd construct my own out of it. i have no experience spraypainting/constructing and i'm far from an artist though, so i'm asking for your help. what materials would i need to spraypaint and customize this speed racer helmet? it's made out of plastic. thanks

Hax

Smash Champion
if you guys could teach me how to spraypaint, i'd make some beast ones and sell em at genesis.

Hax

Smash Champion
^interesting, i'll look into this. =) i'm definitely gonna need a dark pink, light pink, white and black. white and black for the shades. or; can spraypaint colors be mixed? if so i could just mix the dark pink with the white to make a brighter shade of pink... educate me

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
1. Is the helmet already the shape you want? If Not then I suggest using styrofoam to make it the shape you want.

2. To get light pink I would try mixing white + Dark pink to get the light pink. Try to go really easy on the Dark pink since that helmet is really light. I would geuss maybe one part dark pink to one part white. I would not try shading with white/ black or whatever you had in mind.

3. I would use a cutout to spraypaint on the dark pink.

To get the lines/ details in the Falcon symbol you might want to just paint that on yourself if its too hard to incorporate it into the cutout somehow, I imagine that would be quite difficult.

PS, I'm no expert I merely have some experience trying to make a wampa helmet, no spratpaint used.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you defeat the great warriors that mortals know as SilentSceptre, Darkrain, and Scar teamed against you, all of lesser awesomeness will bow before your might. Angels will sing as a holy light shines from above. This helmet will descend from the heavens and gently rest upon your head, crowning you the eternal ruler of the universe.

That's one way to get a free one, I guess.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
If you defeat the great warriors that mortals know as SilentSceptre, Darkrain, and Scar teamed against you, all of lesser awesomeness will bow before your might. Angels will sing as a holy light shines from above. This helmet will descend from the heavens and gently rest upon your head, crowning you the eternal ruler of the universe.

That's one way to get a free one, I guess.
Woah mang. You're making it sound like those three are better than Hax. And while I do agree that Scar is better, I wouldn't BET on Scar beating Hax.

Hax should've had Scar in that tourney recently...can't remember the name, but it was close and Hax basically lost because of a SD.
Basically the whole point of my post is to say that Scar isn't lightyears ahead of Hax.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Woah mang. You're making it sound like those three are better than Hax. And while I do agree that Scar is better, I wouldn't BET on Scar beating Hax.

Hax should've had Scar in that tourney recently...can't remember the name, but it was close and Hax basically lost because of a SD.
Basically the whole point of my post is to say that Scar isn't lightyears ahead of Hax.
Darkrain and SS aren't better than Hax?

Scar

#HarveyDent
popular opinion right now is basically
1) darkrain
2) SS
3) hax / scar

i think that hax and i are even, hax thinks he's better than me, and pretty much everyone else (besides pb&j) thinks that i'm better than hax

also no one knows how good SS is because he never travels out of state, and darkrain has just consistently done well everywhere in the country so we give him the number 1 spot unconditionally

hax and i have really been stepping it up as of late so we both actually hope to get to genesis and change everyone's minds next weekend.

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon players are the sh**. Also, I find Captain Falcon himself awesome, because all it takes is a different color scheme to change him from the most metal character in the game to perhaps the fruitiest. It takes a great man to achieve a look like that.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
hax that looked like a magneto helmet or something

and it looked like the dude used clay to make the falcon part on it

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hax that looked like a magneto helmet or something

and it looked like the dude used clay to make the falcon part on it
i thought it looked like the material that they use to make wrestling helmets/mats, that squishy foam stuff.

Hax

Smash Champion
regardless of how good we are, this helmet is mandatory for genesis lol. i'll be making it on tuesday. its in a very desirable shape; the shape doesn't have to be changed. so all in all i'll be needing dark pink spraypaint, white spraypaint, and i guess black for the inside..? what's that stuff called primer do/am i missing anything else?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Nice helmet and way to go showing your manly hood; I wanted to roll in with my custom Class of 2009 Mr.Game and Watch t-shirt but I can't afford to go so awells...

You've got a good idea going for a trend in the community to like =) ; keep it up!
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
regardless of how good we are, this helmet is mandatory for genesis lol. i'll be making it on tuesday. its in a very desirable shape; the shape doesn't have to be changed. so all in all i'll be needing dark pink spraypaint, white spraypaint, and i guess black for the inside..? what's that stuff called primer do/am i missing anything else?
didn't scribz bring one to RoM? ask him about his.

Hax

Smash Champion
it cost me nearly $60.. but the captain fabulous helmet is ready for genesis. its sooo fresh :)

defsithe

Smash Ace
vids or it didnt happen. lol. seriously i wanna see it, in all its glory.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Seconded. A Falcon Helmet's a second of my wanted game items, the first being Gordon's HEV Suit

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I wore this at Genesis and the hotel several times.

Needless to say, it was one of the greatest things ever. I'm probably going to make my own now (cept I'm going to probably do O.G. Isai falcon)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
OMFG

I wanted to make one

Speed racer helmets are HELLLAAA EXPENSIVE

40 bucks

QQQQQQQ

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yo Aziz

I have a few questions:

1. Did you spraypaint it or did you just paint it with a brush or something?

2. If you spraypainted it, how did you spray the different parts of it with different colors? Like, how did you paint the little circles on the side dark pink and the rest of the helmet? Same with the visor; how did you paint those without getting the paint all over the rest of the helmet?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Aziz, i'll lose all respect for you if you don't wear this to school on Halloween

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
im not sure how hax did it, but generally i believe you use a stencil type thing so that the cutout area and the stencil get painted, but not the bit the stencil is protecting.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hmm..... do you think the helmet would look better if the little button pad on the side were painted the color of the helmet or the color of the orb on the side?

Use that for reference.

For example, if we're making a default Falcon helmet, would it be better to paint that little thing with the buttons red or yellow?

Top Bottom