• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Wars: A Multi-Platform Smash game (Current job: Submitting a female character)

Base Roster size?

• Same has Brawl (39)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same has Smash 4 (51)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Same has Ultimate (74)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Miscellanea:
  • Samus has three jumps, the first one using the High Jump Boots, the second one with a Spin Boost and the last one with a Space Jump.
  • Her running animation resembles both the Speed Booster and the Shinespark (after running for a long time).
  • Her roll resembles the SenseMove.
  • Her spot and air dodge resembles Phantom Cloak.
  • She can dash forward and backwards in the air using Flash Shift has a directional air dodge.
  • Samus gains the ability to wall jumping.
  • When Samus is in Morph Ball form, she can cling into walls with the Spider Magnet (only vertical).
  • Samus can shoot Power Beams three times in a row and change trajectory while she is clinging from a border (no Morph Ball form).
  • Samus physics changed to be more similar to modern Metroid games being less "floaty" and having a higher falling speed.
Normal Attacks:
  • Jab/Side Tilt/Neutral, Up & Down Air:
    • Tap - Power Beam: Tapping the button will allow Samus to shoot out three yellow energy beams at a time, working similarly to Mega Man's Mega Buster normals and even being able to aim upwards or downwards in the air like in Super Metroid. Properties can be changed with her Shield Special.
    • Hold - Charge Beam: Holding the button will make Samus charge up the beam, able to freely move around and jump while doing so. A projectile's pretty much the same as it was in her old Neutral Special.
  • Up Tilt - Melee Counter: From Metroid: Samus Returns and Dread, Samus swings her arm cannon upwards in a crescent arc, similar to an uppercut.
  • Down Tilt - Slide Kick: From Metroid Dread, Samus quickly slides across the ground while kicking forward.
  • Dash Attack - Dash Melee: From Metroid Dread, Samus uses the Melee Counter to perform an upwards flip kick while boosting forward with Shinespark.
  • Side Smash: Samus shoots a big last of energy based on the Omega Cannon.
  • Up Smash - Screw Attack: Samus crouches down and then hops a bit while performing a somersault, surrounding herself in a green electrical field. Works similarly to Sonic's Up Smash in the Super Smash Bros. series.
  • Down Smash - Cross Bomb: Samus turns into her Morph Ball form and then drops a Cross Bomb, setting off a cross-shaped explosion around herself.
  • Forward Air: Samus unleashes a fire blast forward from her arm cannon, pushing herself backwards a bit by it's force.
  • Back Air: Samus turns around and then releases a burst of flames behind herself from her arm cannon, like Mii Gunner's own Back Air in Smash.
  • Grab: Grapple Beam - Samus fires out a blue, tethering energy beam from her arm cannon that allows her to catch an opponent in-front of her and hang on ledges.
  • Pummel: Samus hits the opponent with her cannon.
  • Forward Throw - Melee Counter Throw: Samus smacks the opponent away with her Melee Counter and then fires three Power Beams at them.
  • Back Throw - Lethal Strike: Samus uses the Grapple Beam to swing the opponent above her and then quickly tosses them backwards. Partially based on a throw tactic used in Other M.
  • Up Throw: Samus performs a back-breaker with her knee, launching the opponent upwards into the air.
  • Down Throw: Samus slams the opponent down onto the ground and then fires several blasts from her arm cannon, based on her fight against Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
Special Moves:
  • Shield Special - Beam Switch: A menu appears next to Samus, allowing her to swap between one of her four beam types. These slightly change the properties of all her beam-firing normal attacks. When a beam is selected, Samus will strike her taunt posefrom Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    • Power Beam - A standard energy blast, has average damage.
    • Ice Beam - An ice projectile, that can freeze opponents when fully charged, the damage is lower than the regular beam.
    • Wave Beam - An oscillating energy ball that can go through walls. Causes an electricity effect, the damage of the beam is average.
    • Plasma Beam - A thin laser beam that can set opponents on fire and pierce through multiple enemies, it has high damage.
  • Neutral Special - Free Aim Mode: From Metroid: Samus Returns and Dread, Samus will enter the Free Aim Mode, able to use her arm cannon's laser sight to track an aiming direction in a 360° arc around one axis. The player can use an "attack" button to shoot a Power/Charge Beam in any direction, but cannot move while in this state, being left wide open unless they press the "special" button again to exit.
  • Side Special - Missile: Samus shoots, well, a missile, just like her regular Side Special but the propierties of the charged projectile can be changed depending of her selected beam,.
    • Power - Super Missile: Works the same as her old Side Special's held version in the Super Smash Bros. series, but deals more damage.
    • Ice - Ice Spreader: Samus fires a homing blast of ice that does low knockback, but freezes opponents on hit.
    • Wave - Wavebuster: Samus fires a electric beam forward in-front of her, that stuns opponents when hit and does more damage.
    • Plasma - Flamethrower: Samus emits a continuoushh stream of plasma from her arm cannon when holding the button, able to set opponents on fire.
  • Up Special - Screw Attack: Samus does a somersault covered in energy, it's a powerful multi-hitting attack, unlike in Smash if Samus didn't used her other two air jumps she can still jump once again after use the attack mantaining the screw attack propierties.
  • Down Special - Morph Ball: Samus transforms into a sphere-like Morph Ball form, able to move around and jump once. She can also use this move to crawl on the ground and turn back to normal by simply pressing the shield button.
    • Jab - Bomb: Works same as her Down Special in the Super Smash Bros. series, except that bombs will now remain stationary even in the air, unlike simply dropping down. Samus can still "jump" using this bombs but it can only do it three times in a row.
    • Neutral Special - Power Bomb: Requires hold the button, Samus deply a Power Bomb, that leaves out a huge explosion (blast radius being the same as this one). She cannot drop more bombs until it explodes in approximately two seconds.
    • Side Special - Boost Ball: Samus rushes forward in her Morph Ball form, damaging anyone on her path.
    • Up Special - Spring Ball: Samus leaps vertically upwards a high distance into the air while using her Morph Ball form, before falling back down.
    • Down Special - Spider Ball: Samus will activate the Spider Ball to allow her ball form's appearance, allowing her to magnetically stick onto surfaces for a limited amount of time.
  • Final Smash - Metroid Suit: A Baby Metroid will fly towards Samus as it imparts spheres of energy into her as she lets out a yell, transforming her armor into the Metroid Suit from Dread's final boss battle. It then disappears and Samus is able to freely move around in this state for some seconds, all her beams are looked to the devastating Hyper Beam (which functions similarly to Dread's and has a rainbow-like color from Super Metroid) that can go through walls and enemies, even being able to use her Side Special (Free Aim Mode), when charged Samus can heal herself a little depending of the damage inflicted. When a time period ends, a red X Parasite will appear as it touches Samus and reverts her back to normal.
Ressuming, most of tonygameman's moveset is used since he did the major quantity of changes, however the up special was reverted to the regular Screw Attack to evite repite the same move twice (the other option was remove her grab to a regular one), the neutral and side special where swapped since I think it works better in that way and in the case of the Side Special the Seeker and Storm Missiles (even if I like them) where removed to evite "overbloat" an already overbloated moveset. I considered use the Melee Counter has a down special and the Speed Booster/Shinespark has either a side or up special but it has the same problems of repite moves and appart some people didn't wanted to use the Melee Counter has a down special in favor of the Morph Ball (I was considering use the Morph Ball has a "second crouch" like in the original games either way, if in the end we decide go for Melee Counter while mantaining the morphball). Any suggestion before ending the job is welcome.

Has a side note in the next days I will start to join all the work in a Google Doc since it looks that we will recopile a lot of info and it would be better use a Google Doc for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Slayer: Faz
Kratos: Me
Cheif: Me

Gimmick - HEV Suit:
By dealing damage to opponents, Gordon will charge up his HEV suit. It will reduce damage and knockback. It will also slightly increase Gordon's speed and jumping ability . Using certain abilities, such as the UP b, will reduce it's power.

B - Gravity Gun:
Gordon pulls out the Gravity Gun. Gordan can use this to grab projectiles and hurl them back to the target. Gordon can also use this move to grab items.
Side B - RPG:
Gordon will take out his RPG and fires out a rocket. This can be controlled with the control stick.
Up B - Long Jump Module:
Gordon launches himself upwards in the air with a module on his HEV suit.
Down B - Trip Mine:
Gordon places down a trip mine. It will emit a small, light blue circle. If an opponent touches it, it will immediately explode.
Final Smash - Resonance Cascade:
A green lightning bolt shots down in front of Gordon, teleporting anyone it strikes to Xen, where they are attacked by the alien forces.

Wow we have a lot of gun / shooty people already. The opposite of Smash,

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Darkonedagger's Kratos moveset would be used. Both the Doom Slayer and Master Chief moveset are in a tie, vote for one of them if you didnt voted yet, if not I will ask for a friend or my cousin if they can break the tie. Next job would be in a few hours.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, I ended using the almight RNG power to select movesets, Darkonedagger's Master Chief's moveset and FazDude FazDude 's Doom Slayer movesets would be used, the Doc would be ready in a few hours (I hope).

JOB #7 SUBMIT AN INDIE CHARACTER!
It's time to give the little guys their spotlight!, submit a character from an indie game, for make some rules, Doujin Games and indie companies owned by large companies would be considered has indies even if some people would disagree, we will have 3 winners but this would be probably the last time I will use this method of multiple winners, at least for the moment.

FazDude

Smash Master
Indie Fighter: Sans (UNDERTALE)

I already submitted Frisk to All-Star Strife; Can't do that again.

It's him - the funny skeleton song man. Sans isn't the most eager to battle, but when he gets going, you're in for a bad time. He's also UNDERTALE's most iconic character by far (even if most of that comes from his battle theme), so in a world of gaming all-stars, Sans has more than earned his place.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, time to vote!

I added Shantae since my cousin wanted it but it was quite bussy to do the proper submission, since the quantity of submitted characters was smaller than I was expecting we will only have 2 winners.

JOB #8: SUBMIT AN ITEM!
We require items, so it's time to have some of them!, you can just submit a Smash item or submit a brand new one, all items would be accepted.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Item Name: Item Capsule
Item Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog

Tossing a bone to the Sonic series, the Item Capsule would appear on the stage and simply... exist. On its own, it actually doesn't do all that much, but when destroyed by a player, it'll give them the Shield ability (based on the Shield item seen in the classic titles before the introduction of elemental shields in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.) It's essentially a weak shield that surrounds you for up to 15 seconds. It's notable in that it can only take a single hit before breaking, but won't leave you in hitstun and tanks all of the damage and knockback you otherwise would have taken.

Whilst I considered adding other Sonic abilities such as the Speed Shoes and Invincible, I felt that a shield-based ability would be the most simple to include, as well as allowing the capsule to effectively work as both an obstacle and a potential gambit in risky situations. I felt a Sonic item would be a good choice, given Smash's lack of them aside from Assist Trophies, and it'd be a good way to help Sonic feel more like the at least semi-important series it is, as opposed to a bit of an afterthought.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Votations had ended, it's time to see our winners!

Our firsts indie characters are Quote and Shovel Knight!
The item job would still be open but now we will also have two additional jobs!

JOB #9: SUBMIT A MOVESET FOR QUOTE AND SHOVEL KNIGHT!
The new guys also need their movesets so it's time to gave them one!

JOB #10: SUBMIT A COLLECTABLE!
It's time to decide our collectables too, the easier option would be just put the trophiesm but I want to see if someone has another idea we can pull!

Job 10:
Action Figures
1654788772604.png

(It's an example btw)

Action figures would be like trophies from Smash, but you could move their limbs (And also pose them whatever you want).
Also you could collect them like trophies. They range from iconic characters to obscure ones as they are divided by groups of unrepresented series or represented ones.
The figures are 11 cm tall.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 10:Figures

the figures would be like the trophies from Smash games (Melee,Brawl and Smash 4),but the figures has a rarity classes (the rarity classes are Fighter (this class is unlocked when the player complete a Arcade Mode,like trophies from Melee,Brawl and Smash 4 and fighter spirits from Ultimate), Common (one star), Rare (two stars), Epic (three stars) Legendary (four stars)) and it's possible collect the figures at a trophy exhibition of each represented series (like the trophy exhibits from Smash 4)

Item submission:
Leviathan Axe (God of War)

1654801505300.png

Leviathan Axe is a weapon from God of war series (actually from 2018 GoW). It's an Axe, which you can throw at enemies.

When spawned, you can do light throws or heavy throws. Light throws are activated with normal attacks, while being weaker and faster. Heavy throws are activated by special buttons and they're slower, but stronger. Also it has blue marks when you throw it stronger.

I nominate the Item, because it would be first item from God of War series and it could be fun item to have in the Game. Also, this item is first item that is Melee weapon, but you can throw at opponent with brutal or light damage,

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, time for the summary:
  • All items would be added.
  • The action figures and the figures would be merged has one collectable, they would be articulated and would have rarities (the same has the spirits) apart of being able to be showed in a exhibitor.
  • Movesets jobs for Quote and Shovel Knight would still be open.
We will have a new character job later, but for the moment:
JOB #11: SUBMIT FIGURES!
Submit some figurines that we can add, it could be from any game (not counting licensed games), only requirement is add their rarity, you can submit up to ten figures!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Has a side not, I want to tell that if you want to help me in the Google Doc you can do it without any problem, just send me the permission with your name!, the reason is because I actually don't have the time to do the updates so any help is VERY WELL welcome!

Last edited:
Figure submissions:
1. Luigi (3 Stars/Epic) (Mario)
2. Goomba (1 star/Common) (Mario)
3. Dr. Eggman (3 Stars/Epic) (Sonic)
4. Alex Kidd (3 Stars/Epic) (Alex kidd/Misc. SEGA)
5. Link (3 Stars/Epic) (Legend of Zelda/Misc. Nintendo)
6. Tails (3 Stars/Epic) (Sonic)
7. Arbiter (4 Stars/Legend) (Halo)
8. Amy Rose (2 Stars/Rare) (Sonic)
9. Zeus (4 Stars/Legend) (God of War)
10. Chell (3 Stars/Epic) (Portal/Half-Life)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Peach (2 Stars/Rare)
Bowser (4 Stars/Legend)
Knuckles (3 Stars/Epic)
Cortana (2 Stars/Rare)
Alyx Vance (3 Stars/Epic)
G-Man (4 Stars/Legend)
Ken Masters (3 Stars/Epic)
Chun-Li (3 Stars/Epic)
Tifa Lockheart (3 Stars/Epic)
Sephiroth (4 Stars/Legend)

Might write a Shovel Knight moveset later

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Rosalina (4 Stars/Legend) (Mario)
Wario (2 Stars/Rare) (Mario)
Waluigi (2 Stars/Rare) (Mario)
Koopa Troopa (1 Star/Common) (Mario)
Atreus (1 Star/Common) (God of War)
Ares (3 Stars/Epic) (God of War)
OddSock, Toggle & Swoop (2 Stars/Rare) (Little Big Planet)
Shadow (3 Stars/Epic) (Sonic)
Ms. Pac-Man (2 Stars/Rare) (Pac-Man)
Scout (1 Star/Common) (Team Fortress 2)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
All the figurines would be added.

It's time for a new character job!
JOB #12: SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM THE 2010's!
Most of our roster is very centred on classic games and we all love them! But there it should also be some love for the newer games so it's time to add a representant from the new era!. It must be from a franchise that was released in that time, new characters from old games aren't allowed.

FazDude

Smash Master
2010s Character: Renominating Sans.
Indie Fighter: Sans (UNDERTALE)

I already submitted Frisk to All-Star Strife; Can't do that again.

It's him - the funny skeleton song man. Sans isn't the most eager to battle, but when he gets going, you're in for a bad time. He's also UNDERTALE's most iconic character by far (even if most of that comes from his battle theme), so in a world of gaming all-stars, Sans has more than earned his place.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Also reminder that the jobs for movesets for Quote and Shovel Knight are still active, you can not submit all the moveset and just submit one or two specials if you want, with other person making the rest.

D

Deleted member

Would Joker from p5 count or does the whole Franchise have to debuted in the 2010s?

FazDude

Smash Master
I'll take a stab at Shovel Knight. I'm designing him as a fairly easy-to-play character, so I won't be bringing back his treasure mechanic from Rivals of Aether.
  • Neutral Special: Flare Wand
    • Shovel Knight casts a fireball from the Flare Wand. It's essentially a smaller, faster, weaker Hadoken, making it a reliable projectile.
  • Side Special: Dust Knuckles
    • Shovel Knight throws three punches from the Dust Knuckles, each one propelling him a short distance forwards. It's rather slow for a space-closer, but the three powerful hits it brings more than makes up for it!
  • Up Special: Propeller Dagger
    • Shovel Knight uses the Propeller Dagger to propel himself upwards, dealing multiple flinching hits of damage to opponents who touch the blade. He does enter freefall after using the move.
  • Down Special: Mobile Gear
    • Shovel Knight places down a Mobile Gear, which patrols the platform it was placed on. Players can ride the top of the Mobile Gear, while opponents hit by the sides will take damage (although this does not apply to Shovel Knight). However, only one Mobile Gear can be deployed at a time, and it will only last for around ten seconds at a time.
  • Super Move: Catch Her!
    • The background becomes a misty white as Shield Knight begins falling from the sky from above Shovel Knight. The fight becomes a race to catch her, as whoever does will be immune to the major damage and knockback the non-catchers will recieve (although this will never happen to Shovel Knight). If nobody catches Shield Knight before she hits the "ground" (ie, where Shovel Knight was standing where the super move was activated), all opponents will take the damage/knockback.

D

Deleted member

Chosen_undead.png

Chosen Undead
First released in 2011, Dark Souls is one of the most important game series of the 2010's. It started a whole genre! Some may want to go with a named character but it makes sense to go with a player character since they have all the abilities. They'd have alts of the protags from 2 and 3.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Plutia / Iris Heart and Peashy / Yellow Heart (Neptunia)

They will be a stance fighter. A little obscure choice, yet will some potential.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Plutia / Iris Heart and Peashy / Yellow Heart (Neptunia)

They will be a stance fighter. A little obscure choice, yet will some potential.
Just to aclare, you are submitting two or one fighter?, I aren't like the best expert in Neptunia but I was guessing that in terms of stance you we're reffering to Plutia transforming to Iris Heart and Peashy transforming into Yellow Heart?, if they are separate characters please just select one, I will also attach images of both to reference for the rest of people.
1654960894900.png
1654960917247.png
1654960937653.png
1654960954583.png

From left to right: Plutia and Iris Heart, Peashy and Yellow Heart.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Just to aclare, you are submitting two or one fighter?, I aren't like the best expert in Neptunia but I was guessing that in terms of stance you we're reffering to Plutia transforming to Iris Heart and Peashy transforming into Yellow Heart?, if they are separate characters please just select one, I will also attach images of both to reference for the rest of people.
Two that can be swapped during the fight, and that can transform.

Top Bottom