• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Wars: A Multi-Platform Smash game (Current job: Submitting a female character)

Base Roster size?

• Same has Brawl (39)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same has Smash 4 (51)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Same has Ultimate (74)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Link would have to be in this Game Hes one of the most important Gaming Chars ever!
Cant say the same about Zelda or Ganon tho!
Now for his Apearnce considering how much he could blend in with lets say Dragon Born lets go with Toon Link:
Of course he would come with Skins Refrencing Young and BOTW Link as well as maybe a Adult Link Skin for the Dragonborn!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Link would have to be in this Game Hes one of the most important Gaming Chars ever!
Cant say the same about Zelda or Ganon tho!
Now for his Apearnce considering how much he could blend in with lets say Dragon Born lets go with Toon Link:
Of course he would come with Skins Refrencing Young and BOTW Link as well as maybe a Adult Link Skin for the Dragonborn!
I'm sorry to say that for the moment we are only submitting alternative costumes for the characters that are already included, but dont worry its very likely that Link would win in some of the future jobs where he would fit.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I guess for a potential Alternate Costume, considering Kratos and Shovel Knight are both in the game, why not give Shovel Knight his Armor of Chaos, the Armor he gets for beating Kratos in the PS4 Version. Also Wedding Mario would be sick! And I’m not sure if this would work, but maybe we could have Zero Suit Samus become a Costume for Samus like Justin Bailey in the original Metroid. Could be a good way to keep her in someway lol.
228AFEFB-0227-4C92-9711-2DEAFE2830EE.jpeg

D8A89D57-C94A-4C0C-B903-5DE0AA2F5E12.jpeg

D5441242-5D2F-4261-97D0-A82013024FAF.jpeg

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I guess for a potential Alternate Costume, considering Kratos and Shovel Knight are both in the game, why not give Shovel Knight his Armor of Chaos, the Armor he gets for beating Kratos in the PS4 Version. Also Wedding Mario would be sick! And I’m not sure if this would work, but maybe we could have Zero Suit Samus become a Costume for Samus like Justin Bailey in the original Metroid. Could be a good way to keep her in someway lol.
View attachment 354783
View attachment 354785
View attachment 354786
I like the ideas, however I have two questions:
  1. How much different is the Armor of Chaos to the regular armor of Shovel Knight?, if its just a palette change I think it would fit better has just an alternative color.
  2. I know that in the NES Metroid Samus can use the morphball with the Justin Bailey like normal but I think it would be weird to see this now with menhanced graphics, do you have any idea for allow Samus to do this outside of the outfit without looking weird or making a drastic change to the gameplay? (since we could give her a regular crawl instead of Morphball when she has the outfit, but it would have different propierties and that's not a thing I want).

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I like the ideas, however I have two questions:
  1. How much different is the Armor of Chaos to the regular armor of Shovel Knight?, if its just a palette change I think it would fit better has just an alternative color.
  2. I know that in the NES Metroid Samus can use the morphball with the Justin Bailey like normal but I think it would be weird to see this now with menhanced graphics, do you have any idea for allow Samus to do this outside of the outfit without looking weird or making a drastic change to the gameplay? (since we could give her a regular crawl instead of Morphball when she has the outfit, but it would have different propierties and that's not a thing I want).
1. Maybe give it some battle damage. I mean, it would make sense considering who you get it from.
2. Well, in the Prime Series, the Ball is see through, leading to her not being shown inside. So I think just doing that with the color scheme of the Zero Suit works best.
C4159BCA-0DE4-41E7-B2A1-5CC29CD992C9.jpeg

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
1. Maybe give it some battle damage. I mean, it would make sense considering who you get it from.
2. Well, in the Prime Series, the Ball is see through, leading to her not being shown inside. So I think just doing that with the color scheme of the Zero Suit works best. View attachment 354800
It wouldnt be weird that she suddenly gains armor?, either way I will allow it mostly since I was thinking on how include ZSS without making her a separate character.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright votation is over, our new stage is the Wii Menu!, Costume Submissions would still be open for the rest of the day.

JOB #15: SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM AN UNREPRESENTED GENRE!
We are doing a new character job, this time the focus would be represent a genre that doesn't has a representant yet, the already represented genres are:
  1. Platforms (Mario, Sonic, Shovel Knight)
  2. Metroidvania (Samus, Quote)
  3. FPS (Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Heavy, Gordon)
  4. Hack n' Slash (Kratos)
  5. Puzzle (Sackboy)
  6. Fighting (Ryu)
  7. Arcade (Pac-Man)
  8. Sandbox (Steve)
  9. RPG (Chosen Undead)
  10. JRPG (Cloud)
  11. Visual Novel (Saber)
I know that a lot of this characters in more than one genre, but I didn't wanted to limit the job too much so I just choiced what I think it's their "main genre".

FazDude

Smash Master
Tower Defense Rep: Crazy Dave (Plants vs. Zombies)

This dapper fellow is named Crazy Dave, but you can call him Crazy Dave. He's the deuteragonist of the Plants vs. Zombies series, and while he isn't directly involved in the war which the series is named after, he's practically become one of its main faces alongside the basic zombie and Peashooter.

In the PvZ games, Crazy Dave is your best friend in the struggle against the undead, offering you tips on how to properly use plants and even offering you some special plants and power-ups (for a price; guy needs to keep his business going). That isn't to say he doesn't have an adventurous side, though; PvZ 2 is all about him going back in time with his time-traveling minivan Penny in order to eat a taco again, with the player joining him to fend off zombies all throughout history. ...Yeah, these games get weird.

Anywho, Crazy Dave would fight by making use of the various plants used in the PvZ games. This would include placing down some plants for elements of stage control (although I'd imagine him to have some sort of limiter, like a sun gauge). Overall, when Crazy Dave's on the field, things are gonna get... well... you can guess.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 15:Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil) (Horror Rep)

Leon Kennedy is one of Main Characters from Resident Evil series, he is an American/Caucasian agent from DSO (Division of Security Operations) that survives fighting against Zombies infected by a virus called T-Virus,this virus is developed by Umbrella.

other Resident Evil characters as Jill and Chris are good choice,but Leon is more iconic than they and Leon's default design is Resident Evil 4 design

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Alright votation is over, our new stage is the Wii Menu!, Costume Submissions would still be open for the rest of the day.

JOB #15: SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM AN UNREPRESENTED GENRE!
We are doing a new character job, this time the focus would be represent a genre that doesn't has a representant yet, the already represented genres are:
  1. Platforms (Mario, Sonic, Shovel Knight)
  2. Metroidvania (Samus, Quote)
  3. FPS (Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Heavy, Gordon)
  4. Hack n' Slash (Kratos)
  5. Puzzle (Sackboy)
  6. Fighting (Ryu)
  7. Arcade (Pac-Man)
  8. Sandbox (Steve)
  9. RPG (Chosen Undead)
  10. JRPG (Cloud)
  11. Visual Novel (Saber)
I know that a lot of this characters in more than one genre, but I didn't wanted to limit the job too much so I just choiced what I think it's their "main genre".
There are three characters here that I want to use, but there’s one that should be here yet isn’t and somehow didn’t win the first poll. I am of course referring to Link.
65A70A59-95DB-46FE-8867-127E7A29C315.jpeg

Imagine redefining a genre three times. Link should be here, wether it be the Champion of the Wild, or the Hero of Time, even back in 1986 with the Kid who killed Ganon, Link has always had certain weapons on them at all times, so I think using Ultimate Link as a base would be perfect. I could also see him borrowing the Hook Shot. Custom Moves would also be a way to expand Link even more, wether the Fire Rod, turning into a painting, or conducting the Winds. There’s so much to do for his Costumes it’s not even funny. Just from the games alone. Maybe an Alt based off of Link to the Past, pink hair included, Or Adult Link as seen in Ocarina of Time. Maybe his Skyloft Clothes from Skyward Sword or the Gerudo Outfit from Breath of the Wild could be added as well. Why not even sneak in Dark Link as well there is so much you can do with Link, and he is from one of the most influential series of all time, so why not add Link to this Roster of Gaming Icons, he’d be great, and rep the genre of the Adventure Game as well but honestly, he’s justified even without that.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My characters had a genre change but his roots are related to a genre that it must be represented here somehow, the Beat em' Up, I'm talking about...
RYU HAYABUSA
The Legendary Ninja, when we talk about ninjas in videogames he is the main face of the archetype, maybe in terms of genre there are other characters who has a bigger trajectory and recognition (like characters from Final Fight and Street of Rage) but I just think Hayabusa must be here, his franchise is legendary and create a school for a lot of videogames like The Messenger.

Last edited:
Unrepresented genre character:
Solid Snake (Metal Gear) (Stealth)

1655365562807.png

He is an obvious choice for a video game crossover, since he would represent Konami.

For real, Solid Snake is a main protagonist of Metal Gear series, made by Hideo Kojima back in 1987 and he is special-ops agent or spy that sneaks to any enemy base inside to destroy any Metal Gear (A giant robot from game). In games, he fights his enemies like Big Boss (Who was naked snake whole time) or Grey Fox in form of stealth (Like he sneaks behind the enemy).
Solid Snake is a very popular video game icon that influenced many stealth games and he would be obvious choice for a celebration of gaming.
Since we haven't got a Konami character, Snake would fit into the roster.

As for his moveset, he would keep the same from smash, but there are gonna be changes like some of his moves would be stealth-themed to reference his stealth mechanic from Metal Gear games.
Also he would keep the same playstyle as smash, but make him more stealthy like in his games.

Solid Snake has a lot of potential for alternate costumes that would fit him like a glove.

I nominate Solid Snake for the job, because we haven't got Konami rep in our roster, so it would be the time for him to join.
Also Stealth genre is also one of iconic genres in game, so it would be cool if we included a character from Stealth genre in game like Solid Snake for notorious example

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I think we can start to do the poll, vote for your favorite options here!, again I think I would add more than one winner due the amount of submissions and I start to think that I should stop saying "I will allow just one winner next" since I never end doing it lmao.

I will be quite ausent between today and saturday since I will be on a family trip, but I will leave a job before that.

JOB #16 SUGGEST A MODE!
We will start to make some changes to the general game this time, of course we will have a VS mode where you can play against either players or CPU but we need more, so don't be shy and tell your ideas!, it could be any type of mode like an Arcade Mode, a Minigame, etc.

Mode submission:
Arcade Mode

Arcade mode is a gamemode that is used a lot in fighting games. You fight the opponents in random order until you get to the final boss.

The arcade mode would be the same like in smash (Which it would include minigames based on bonus rounds from games).
Each character has own arcade mode route like in Smash Ultimate.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 16:Time Coliseum

The Time Coliseum would be All-Star Mode from Smash,but it's different. the stage is an original stage,the stage's level layout is similar as Smashville and it's inside a coliseum and the order of characters is similar as Smash Ultimate,the oldest character by debut to youngest character by debut.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Chess Smash
dumbass.png

You'll start selecting 5 Characters each one being assigned to a selected piece of chess and 1 Collectable figure set to the queen, and then, It would be very straight-forward a game of chess with your characters, however, instead of "eating" the chess pieces, when the situation of two characters possibly colliding, a match would start with a pre-set ruleset.
That's all, very weird idea ik

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm back so it's time for a summary!:
  • All modes would be added, there it would be special jobs for Smash Run (apart of change the name of the mode) and Arcade Mode later.
  • Our new characters are:

Link from The Legend of Zelda and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid joins to the roster!
Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 who submitted Link and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds who submitted Solid Snake!​
  • This time we will run 2 jobs at once!
JOB #17: SUBMIT CHANGES FOR LINK AND SOLID SNAKE!
Since both characters are in Smash it woud be easier to do their changes than the other characters that requires to think in all their movesets. Remind that we will also add Custom Moves in the future so try that their special moves don't interfer with that! (You can always map their gimmick to the shield button that wouldn't have variations).
JOB #18: SUBMIT A STAGE FOR A UNREPRESENTED GAME!
Smash has some stages that aren't attached to a character, and since there are franchises that works more has a stage than other thing you can try to submit one! (remind that the stage would disconfirm the franchise to have a playable character, at least in the base game).

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1384072719_preview_20180512155054_1.jpg

gm_construct (GMOD)
Hear me out, It does come from a game that originated as a Half-Life 2 Mod, but, that's also de case for TF2 and Heavy is a character (Not that TF2 was a hl2 mod but tfc was a hl mod and all source games developed by valve until lfd used hl2 as a base).
In terms of the actual stage I think it could be a travelling stage, you'll start at the same spot where you start in GMOD and you would be transported by a mess of hl2 and cs:go props stacked to make a plataform, to areas like the mirror, the pool, the dark room and the top of a building, all of these would feature different layouts and unique aesthetic things
Now for the cool thing, the gimmick, in every match there would be a "player" messing around and moving around the map, this player however has the power of creating props and npcs, so, if you're in a battle you have a chance of this dude throwing Personality Cores at you and summoning the ****ing Nihilanth from Half-Life.
One quick thing that I would like to add to the stage is that, if this game were to release on steam, it could read your library and use only models for that "player" from games that you have.

On other stuff, what design are we using for Link?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submitting WarioWare Inc.

This would combine the microgames from the canon version with Brawl Minus' moving platforms - 3 platform changes, then a microgame. No new microgames however.

Partially submitting this because I don't want Nintendo oversat like the Another Universe thread, so I'm disconfirming a major contender out the gate.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
On other stuff, what design are we using for Link?
True, I forget to clarify this, due that we will not have multiple Links I will allow use references of any version of Link (including Toon and Young if someone considers fitting) for make the moveset, even then the classic green outfit would be the main due their iconicity.

FazDude

Smash Master
Link Changes
Gonna be honest here; Given Console Wars' nature as a celebration of gaming history, I think Link's perfectly fine the way he is. Sure, we could update his moveset to pull from BoTW, but seeing as he's probably gonna be the only Zelda rep we get, I'd rather encompass the series as a whole rather than just one game, which Link's Smash kit does pretty well. The only thing I'd really do is bring back his Hookshot as a grab/tether.

As for his design, I'm going to vouch for his Ocarina of Time adult design; It's the most iconic look for the character. Totally not against other designs (mainly Twilight Princess and BoTW) getting in as costumes, though.

Snake Changes
As for Snake, I'm just gonna avoid touching him altogether; I'll leave that to someone who knows more about Metal Gear than I do.

Unrepresented Series Stage: The Park (Roller Coaster Tycoon)

Wario3 beat me to a Wario stage, so I'll submit the next best thing. While RCT isn't quite as "historic" as most of the other stages so far, it holds a place in many gamers' hearts. Plus, who wouldn't love a stage set in an amusement park? My vision for the stage would have it take place on a rollercoaster, with the background displaying most of the park. The main obstacles would be rollercoaster cars zipping on the tracks; Think Big Blue, but instead of the cars being something to land on, they're something to avoid. Unfortunately, you can't send the cars off the track and doom passengers to a fiery demise, but such is life.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Gonna submit my changes for Snake and Link too.

Link
1655595024719.png

Magnesis
Link would pull out his magnet and grab the enemy, but it's not that easy, this grab would have a pretty long range and thanks to that, when a player gets grabbed by it, they would stay in the place where they were grabbed.
Throws would also be different, perhaps i'll elaborate in them more later.
Arrow and Bomb selector
When as Link you do your neutral special while shielding, it will open up two little icons above Link's UI showing an arrow selector and a bomb selector
Arrows
  1. Common Arrow
  2. Fire Arrow
  3. Ice Arrow
Bombs
  1. Common Bomb
  2. Remote Bomb
  3. Square Bomb

Snake
Snake's Jab would change to a simple pistol shot, same as Project M
Snake would pull out a cigarette and start smoking, he wouldn't get high tho, however he would get 1% every second the taunt is used, since this taunt could be held (Basically, more Project M stuff)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Arrow and Bomb selector
When as Link you do your neutral special while shielding, it will open up two little icons above Link's UI showing an arrow selector and a bomb selector
Arrows
  1. Common Arrow
  2. Fire Arrow
  3. Ice Arrow
Bombs
  1. Common Bomb
  2. Remote Bomb
  3. Square Bomb
I consider that it would be better have different arrows/bombs has custom moves.

I have a question for Snake tho, showing cigarettes is ok? Because if it is, it could make a good taunt.
Unless someone else disagress (I mean, having God of War and DOOM already makes the game escalate to at least a T in the ESRB rating) I don't see why not.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
I consider that it would be better have different arrows/bombs has custom moves.
Perhaps, but since we are doing a "composite" Link we could borrow that from BOTW and then give him different sets of arrows for the custom specials, with the bombs I think they would be cool either way.

Top Bottom