• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Wars: A Multi-Platform Smash game (Current job: Submitting a female character)

Base Roster size?

• Same has Brawl (39)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same has Smash 4 (51)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Same has Ultimate (74)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright so, my idea for gameplay, should be noted that if this is the selected gameplay it wouldn't be necessary detail all the things wehn we start to do movesets.
  • Three attack buttons (light, heavy and special)
  • There are 2 jabs/"auto combos" (light ground jab and light aerial jab)
  • The shields instead of time has their own "life meter", if they take enought damage they will be broken, when you aren't shielding you will slowly regenerate the shield's life.
  • Dodges in the air becomes an air dash, you can do a forward dash or a backdash.
  • 5 special moves (neutral, forward, back, up and down), shield special is optional
  • A super meter with 3 stocks, use 1 stock for a level 1 attack (like a non-cinematic Final Smash like Mario's) and 3 for a level 3 attack (cinematic Final Smash like Captain Falco's, the ones that aren't cinematic but are too flashy and too long like Cloud's could also fit this category).
  • 4 taunts for each direction + air taunt.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i agree,Mario can have the same moveset from official Smash but with some changes,as the Mario throwing his cap as side special, FLUDD as up special, Mario using a hammer from Mario & Luigi series as side smash and Mario Tornado returned

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, it looks that everyone already voted so I will close the votations right now, time to see our winners!

Sonic the Hedghehog, Pac-Man, Cloud Strife, Ryu and Saber joins the roster!
If you look in the poll you can see that she and Makoto where in a tie, but I didn't wanted to include the two characters that I submitted so I used the power of the RNG to decide which one we would choice and the winner was she. Congratulations to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario who submitted Pac-Man, Northsouthmap who submitted Cloud Strife and Darkonedagger who submitted both Ryu and Sonic!

Remind that both the discussion and the votations about gameplay would still be open until tomorrow!

We would take a break about characters since now we will...
JOB #5: SUBMIT A STAGE!
Submit a stage in general, if you want it you can explain how this stage would work, the layout and that sort of things or just include the name of the stage and the image, unless we end having more than one stage for a same franchise all the stages will be included.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 5: Pong

soyjak going with something reasonable like peach's castle or green hill vs chad making your first stage overly complicated

This stage would be similar in layout to the Pokemon Stadium from Smash; One large, hard platform accompanied by a soft platform on each side.

What's different about this stage, though, are the two paddles on each side. They will attempt to catch fighters who are launched towards the left or right blast zone, and coming in contact with them will launch them towards the other side. On paper, this sounds like a safe way to avoid being KO'd, but at certain percentages, you will fly too fast for the paddles to catch up with you, causing you to fly to your doom. In short, it's like the King of Fighters Stadium's invisible walls, but they can only "support" one fighter at a time, so be careful.

If that wasn't confusing enough for you, there's the stage's second gimmick; The ball. At random, the ball will appear as the paddles begin to rally it back and forth. Coming in contact with the ball deals a considerable amount of damage and fixed knockback, making it a nuisance to deal with (although you can send it flying with your own attacks). However, the paddles will prioritize returning fighters over the ball, so if you can have a paddle catch you or an opponent over the ball, the ball will fly into the blast zone and be absent for a good while, allowing you to play a semi-normal match. Oh, and of course, the side opposite of the one who dropped the ball will get a point, though this is solely a cosmetic mechanic.

In short, Pong is a stage gone wacko; An inconsistent, easy-to-manipulate barrier from the blast zones and a constant projectile create a chaotic environment. ...Alternatively, you can turn off stage hazards and have a perfectly legal Pokemon Stadium clone. But where's the fun in that?

Sonic stage submission:
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Green Hill Zone is one of Iconic Sonic locations and it's the first world of Sonic the Hedgehog (1991). Green Hill Zone is a green, hilly tropical area with palmtrees, Totem poles and high mountains in background. It locates on South island on Mobius or Earth in Sonic Multiverse/Universe and it's very known due to largest amount of appearances in Sonic Games like the First Game, Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces as Sandy one.

Green Hill Zone was inspired by California (One of States in USA, where it lies in West Coast) and works of Pop Artist Elzin Suzuki. Green Hill Zone is one of most iconic Video Game levels in VG History alongside World 1-1 from SMB.

The Layout of the Map is Similar to smash's Green Hill Zone, but it's bigger and it has resemblance to Sonic Mania design, albeit with modern textures akin to generations and forces. The first expanded part is taken from first part of Green Hill Zone cct 1, where there is a hill with monitor as cecoration.
The Second expanded part is based on beginning of Green Hill Zone act 2 of Sonic Mania.

There are Camoes of Sonic characters:
  • Tails - Runs in shuttle Loop
  • Knuckles - Runs along with Tails
  • Silver - Runs along with Tails
  • Zavok - Runs along with Tails
  • Sticks the Badger - Sits on Hill on left side of the map.
  • Amy Rose - Amy Stands on right side of the Map
  • Metal Sonic - Flies in the Background
  • Motobug - Rolls through whole stage. Doesn't harm anyone.
(This submission originally came from Pop-Culture Clash thread)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will submit Midgar, it would be almost identical to Smash but it has more summons like Shiva (who uses Diamond Dust freezing the stage), Titan (who uses Anger of the Land creating an earthquake), the Fat Chocobo (who would work near identical to Snorlax) and Knights of the Round (who uses Ultimate End dealing massive damage),

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Has I said yesterday all the stage submissions will be added, now it's time for a new pair of jobs:

JOB #6 SUBMIT CHANGES FOR A CHARACTER WHO APPEARED IN SMASH
Since Smash Gameplay was the winner, we will only do some changes to the movesets of each character instead of redoing them, the characters that appeared in Smash that are part of the roster at the moment are Mario, Samus, Sonic, Pac-Man, Cloud and Ryu. Please try to not submit a lot of features at once to leave the rest of participants the opportunity to do their own changes, if a change is too drastic we will have a poll to see if that change should be do or no.

JOB #7 SUBMIT MOVESETS FOR THE NEWCOMERS
Submit your own moveset for a newcomer (or to say it better, a character that never appeared in Smash before), the characters that didn't appeared in a Smash game at the moment are the Master Chief, Kratos, Gordon Freeman, the Doom Slayer, Sacboy, the Heavy and Saber. You can do as many do you want but the most important would be the specials and Final Smash, or if the character would have some sort of gimmick explain the gimmick too.

Unless there are more than one submission of the same character all the movesets will be accepted. Also since these two jobs would require quite more time the jobs will be open for all the weekend.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Mario Changes
  • Neutral Special (Fireball) stays relatively the same - The fireballs are just smaller and faster.
  • Side Special becomes Cappy Toss - Mario throws Cappy forwards. While the cap serves as a weak, flinching "projectile" (as in it's just a disjointed hitbox), it's Mario's subsequent dive forwards that deals the most damage and knockback.
  • Up Special (Super Jump Punch) stays the same.
  • Down Special becomes the Star Spin from Super Mario Galaxy, with Mario spinning in place to reflect projectiles and air-stall. It's pretty much the cooler Cape.
  • Mario's Final Smash becomes Mega Mario - Growing in size, Mario becomes invincible and stronger for a short time.
Sonic Changes
  • Neutral Special (Homing Attack) stays the same, but Sonic will perform a mid-air trick upon landing it (though much like Incineroar's post-attack taunts in Ultimate, this can be cancelled out of).
  • Side Special becomes the Light Speed Dash from Sonic Adventure, aka Fox Illusion.
  • Up Special becomes Sonic Boom from Sonic Rivals, aka Fire Fox minus the fire.
  • Grounded Down Special remains the Spin Dash, but the aerial Down Special becomes the Bounce from Sonic Adventure. Sonic drops downwards while curled up, being able to bounce off opponents he lands on while knocking them down. He also can bounce off the ground.
  • Super Sonic is controllable again ala Brawl and Smash 4.
Pac-Man Changes
Honestly, while I'd enjoy a more Pac-Man World-centric moveset, seeing as Pac-Man's probably going to be one of the few Namco arcade reps, it makes more sense to keep him as-is for the purposes of being a "celebration of gaming", which Namco as a whole should be a part of. As such, I only have two changes I want to propose.
  • Super Pac-Man, like Super Sonic, is controllable again.
  • I like Wario3's idea of making other Namco characters a part of Pac-Man's smash attacks, but I think the ghosts should remain there in some capacity (I could see the Ghost Gang's sprite and World designs coexisting, with the latter being playable characters). Maybe make it a random thing like Pac-Man's side taunt?
Doom Slayer Moveset
Doom Slayer's specials and smash attacks consume ammo, a limited resources which can be replenished by hitting opponents with Doom Slayer's normals.
  • Neutral Special: Plasma Rifle / Chaingun / Rocket Launcher
    • That's right, the Doom Slayer has three N-Specials, although he can only have one equipped at a time.
    • Plasma Rifle: The Doom Slayer begins firing shots from his Plasma Rifle. The shots aren't too strong and won't even make foes flinch until higher percents, but they do insane shield damage.
    • Chaingun: The Doom Slayer begins firing shots from his Chaingun. Compared to the Plasma Rifle, the shots are stronger, faster, and have more launching power, but don't have the same amount of range and has more noticable start/endlag.
    • Rocket Launcher: The Doom Slayer fires a rocket from the Rocket Launcher. This rocket is the strongest of the Slayer's projectiles, but also has the most start/endlag attached.
  • Side Special: Super Shotgun
    • The Doom Slayer fires a shot from the Super Shotgun. The shot is pretty low-range, but deals great damage and knockback.
  • Up Special: Meathook
    • The Doom Slayer uses his shotgun's meat hook as a tether recovery. He can also grab onto opponents, much like Byleth's Up Special.
  • Down Special: Frag Grenade
    • The Doom Slayer tosses a grenade in an arc, which explodes soon after deployment.
  • Shield Special: Weapon Swap
    • The Doom Slayer switches the weapon used for his Neutral Special. The swap does take a second to occur, during which the Slayer is suspectible to attack.
  • Final Smash: BFG 9000
    • The Doom Slayer pulls out the Big Friendly Gun 9000 and fires it, creating a massive energy blast to rack up damage and send foes flying.
Meet the Heavy('s Moveset)
  • Neutral Special: Sasha
    • The Heavy takes out his beloved minigun and begins firing it. The fire isn't a projectile more as it is a disjointed hitbox (kinda like Mii Gunner's F-Smash), quickly racking up damage but having low launch power. The Heavy can move left and right while firing.
  • Side Special: Shotgun
    • The Heavy takes out his shotgun and fires a close-range, high damage/knockback shot from it.
  • Up Special: Killing Gloves of Boxing
    • The Heavy performs an uppercut with the eponymous boxing gloves. The uppercut deals immense damage, but only goes straight up, making it a mediocre-at-best recovery.
  • Down Special: Sandvich
    • What would Heavy be without his favorite meal? He takes a few seconds to enjoy his food, after which he gains a temporary attack power boost, plus some healed percentage for good measure. However, while he chows down, he is suspectible to attack.
  • Final Smash: Ubercharge
    • The Heavy's best buddy, the Medic, appears and Ubercharges him as he unleashes a bullet hell from Sasha, dealing immense damage to opponents before launching them away.

Samus changes:
Side Special - Beam change/shot - Now Samus can swap her 5 beams using match and they have random effects:
■ Normal Beam - Samus shoots forward with it. Deals normal damage.
■ Ice Beam - She shoots out ice projectile that freezes opponents for while.
■ Charge Beam - Samus can charge her beam to make it stronger. Acts like normal Beam, but it's stronger.
■ Plasma Beam - Samus shoots out a wavy Beam that pierces through multiple enemies.
■ Diffusion Beam - Samus shoots out Beam that spreads across the area like in her home games.
(It works like Shulk's monado arts, but as Side B)

Down Special: Counter/Bomb Plant - She would retain her Bombs, but when she's far from enemy, then she could plant them.
Also if she is close to Enemy and it want to attack her, then she counters the attack back to Enemy like in Metroid Dread.

Rest of her moveset remains.

FazDude

Smash Master
Samus Changes
  • I like Tankman's idea about being able to shoot different beams, but I think it'd be better as a Shield Special so we can keep her missiles.
  • Also, I think Down Special should stay as is. Samus' Melee Counter could easily be an up tilt.
  • Finally, let Metroid crawl (by going into her morph ball form).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Has I said yesterday all the stage submissions will be added, now it's time for a new pair of jobs:

JOB #6 SUBMIT CHANGES FOR A CHARACTER WHO APPEARED IN SMASH
Since Smash Gameplay was the winner, we will only do some changes to the movesets of each character instead of redoing them, the characters that appeared in Smash that are part of the roster at the moment are Mario, Samus, Sonic, Pac-Man, Cloud and Ryu. Please try to not submit a lot of features at once to leave the rest of participants the opportunity to do their own changes, if a change is too drastic we will have a poll to see if that change should be do or no.

JOB #7 SUBMIT MOVESETS FOR THE NEWCOMERS
Submit your own moveset for a newcomer (or to say it better, a character that never appeared in Smash before), the characters that didn't appeared in a Smash game at the moment are the Master Chief, Kratos, Gordon Freeman, the Doom Slayer, Sacboy, the Heavy and Saber. You can do as many do you want but the most important would be the specials and Final Smash, or if the character would have some sort of gimmick explain the gimmick too.

Unless there are more than one submission of the same character all the movesets will be accepted. Also since these two jobs would require quite more time the jobs will be open for all the weekend.
Okay, this may sound a bit nitpicky but I've got a couple of ideas for Cloud specifically that might help somewhat.

Neutral B: I'm keeping this the same. I considered putting Meteorain here as the Limit move but it felt a bit redundant and I felt the projectile types would be too different. It feels more reasonable to keep this simple.
Side B: I think this would be a good place to put Finishing Touch when used in Limit Break form. The normal form would still be Cross Slash, but Finishing Touch would be more forward-focused so that it's more like Cross Slash when used. The whole "super CS" isn't really a thing in FFVII so I felt it'd be more logical to remove it. (I know the whole "super BB" isn't a thing either but it makes more sense gameplay-wise.)
Up B: Remains roughly the same, but loses the red effect unless it's the Limit Break form, basically becoming Braver when used without limit.
Down B: Okay so the Limit Charge remains the same, I think it works well. However, I moved Finishing Touch over to Side B so that I could put Meteorain here instead. Meteorain would summon a total of six meteors above and around Cloud that would fall downward and explode on the ground. (Cloud's immune to them.) Direct hits do pretty meaty damage, but the resulting explosions also deal quite a lot of damage too. If used in the air, the meteors will fall until they hit the stage or fall into the abyss - I guess they could also have a sweet spot spike if you wanted but I don't know for certain.

I'm also going to suggest that if your Limit Gauge is full when you use Omnislash, it deals significantly more damage but doesn't increase knockback or change the animation. (Basically, it prevents you from instantly having access to a Limit move right after your Final Smash which I think would generally make gameplay better.) It still doesn't increase your Limit Gauge however.

This might not be too popular but it's just an idea I had personally that I felt would work pretty well. Feel free to tell me if it sucks ass. I'm gonna leave it at that, though. I don't really know enough about the characters not yet discussed to put anything out there, and the characters already discussed seem to be in good hands.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think I was Ninja'd meanwhile I was doing all this things.
Samus Changes:
Her physics are different now being less floaty and having a bigger fall speed like in her games, her jab is replaced by the basic beam that use the "lemon" version from Super Metroid, she can also walk and run using this jab a-la Mega Man meanwhile the side Smash is the charge normal Beam, now when she crouch twice she uses the Morphball form, it only has one jump and has just one attack being the bomb. Her Down B is replaced by a Beam Selector that allows her to change between:
  • Plasma Beam (Forward, fire and high damage)
  • Ice Beam (Backward, ice and low damage)
  • Spazer/Diffusion Beam (Upward, three beams at the same time and low damage)
  • Wave Beam (Downward, electric and regular damage, can also traspass a character like Kazuya's laser) beam.
Since it looks that people wants to have "Install Final Smashes" back I submit the Metroid Suit from Dread has her new Final Smash, all her beams are locked to the Hyper Beam, she can heal herself using the Hyper Beam in this state.
Ryu Changes:
Now Ryu has his own meter (called just Super Meter), when the meter is full he can use Shinku Hadouken with a double QCF + Attack input and the Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku that its a powered up version of his Tatsumaki with a vacuum effect that can be used with a double QCB + Attack input, now his only Final Smash is Shin Shoryuken but that reflects more the new version from SF6. Focus Attack is replaced by the Denji Charge that enhance his Hadouken becoming electric and having additional hitstun.
Doom Slayer's Moveset
Mechanic: Weapon Wheel
The Slayer can use the Shield Special to select between different weapons, having the Pistol has a base weapon, the other options are:
  • Chaingun: A machine gun that shoots a lot of bullets in rapid succesion, each individual bullet does very low damage but its so fast that you will not note it, it also has nearly non-existent knockback nor killpower. It has 200 bullets.
  • Plasma Rifle: Shoots beams of plasma that can stun the opponent, It has 40 bullets.
  • Super Shotgun: A short range but powerful gun, it has the biggest killpower between all but the Slaye requires to do a small recharging animation after each shoot, It has 20 bullets but each shoot use 2.
  • Rocket Launcher: Launch a powerful missile like Snake but trades more damage but isn't telediriged. It has 15 bullets.
Each gun has a certain quantity of ammo has you can note, you can obtain more ammo attacking, certain attacks gives more ammo like the grabs and the side special.
  • Neutral Special: Fire
    • The Slayer shoots the weapon that he is using.
  • Side Special: Chainsaw
    • The Slayer swings his chainsaw, is a multi-hit attack similar to Corrin's Smash Attacks, it doesn't has any of killpower but can knockdown oppontents.
  • Up Special: Meathook
    • The Slayer swaps to his shotgun for a brief moment to use the Meathook that works has a tether, if hits an opponent the Slayer will launch himself near them.
  • Down Special: Equipment Launcher
    • The Slayer launch a different grenade depending of how much you hold the button:
      • Tap the button to shoot a Frag Grenade that it's similar to Snake's grenades but can't be grabbed and takes less time to explode.
      • Hold the button a little to use the Ice Grenade that freeze the opponent.
      • Hold the button longer to use the Flame Belch that isn't a grenade but a torrent of fire.
  • Final Smash: BFG-10000
    • The Slayer uses his BFG-9000 and shoots a big green energy ball, all the opponents hitted by the ball are teleported to a cinematic where the opponents are in Mars and the Slayer shoots them (alonside the rest of Mars' surface) with the BFG-10000.
Saber's Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Mana Burst
    • Saber charges his sword glowing stronger the more it's charged, launching a explosive brust after that.
  • Side Special: First Air
    • It's a "Dancing Blade-like" attack, she can attack high, mid or low depending of the direction of the subsequents attacks being 4 attacks in a chain.
  • Up Special: Wing Air
    • Saber does an uppercut with her sword followed by a rising one with her sword, in the air she will only do the rising uppercut.
  • Down Special: Command Seal
    • Saber has 3 Command Seals per stock, which only recover after respawning like Banjo's Wonderwing. When the button is pressed, Saber will enter a stance and a red aura will surround her, there are 3 Commands Saber can be given, determined by how long the button is held.
      • Simply tapping it will give Saber a Mana Burst effect, which has an initial hitbox similar to Rebel's Guard and will slightly boost her speed in exchange for some defense and weight.
      • Holding it long enough to use two Seals will heal Saber for a fair amount and temporarily reduce the damage she receives. This will also remove the Mana Burst effect.
      • Fully charging it to use up all seals will teleport Saber in a red flash right behind the opponent, no matter where they are on the stage.
  • Final Smash: Excalibur, Sword of Promised Victory
    • Saber launch Avalon, the sheath of her sword, if someone hits the sheat it would be teleported to a cinematic where she holds her sword above her head, it begins to glow more intensely and energy is drawn to it, as she begins to declare her Noble Phantasm's name, she brings her sword down as a giant beam of light is released out of her sword and travels forward, damaging any opponents in front of her before launching them away as a pillar of light forms where her target once stood. "Ex...calibuuurr!"
Has a side note, Emiya Shirou will appear alongside Saber in some of her taunts and in her victory poses.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was wondering if actually someone knows about them here lol. I would likely try to do movesets for the former three but for Sackboy I would require the help of someone else.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Kratos Moveset
Neutral Special: Leviathan Axe- from God of War of 2018,Kratos throws his leviathan axe forward,and the axe goes back to where Kratos threw it
Side Special: Nemean Cestus- Kratos gives a forward punch with a Nemean Cectus,a pair of metal gauntlets that Kratos uses on God Of War 3
Up Special: Icarus Wings- Kratos jumps high with a pair of wings and spreads them to glide
Down Special: Barbarian Hammer- from God Of War 2,Kratos hammers to the ground with a Barbarian Hammer
Final Smash: The God of War's Rage- this Final Smash is a transformation Final Smash, Kratos shines transforming with the God Armor and Blade of Olympus,various Kratos' attacks are simple swordsman attacks

Master Chief Moveset
Gimmick: Master Chief has ammo number and a gun symbol in his HUD,when the ammo is zero,Master Chief can't shoot,but it's possible to reload giving shield dodge
Neutral Special: Spartan Shot- Master Chief shoots using a gun,it's possible walking and jumping while shooting
  • Assault Riffle-this gun is Master Chief's main gun,it faster and the ammo is 100
  • Magnum-this gun Master Chief can shoot once and it is weaker,the gun's speed is similar as Falco's Neutral Special and the ammo is 150
  • Rocket Launcher-this gun is stronger and also can shot once,the ammo is 15
Side Special: Plasma Grenade-Master Chief thows a Plasma Grenade and the grenade explodes on the ground
Up Special: Jetpack-Master Chief flies with a jetpack on his armor,this Up Special is similar as R.O.B.'s Up Special
Down Special: Weapon Swap-Master Chief switches weapons,and the weapons are in order in exchange,the first is Assault Rifle,the second is Magnum and the third is Rocket Launcher,the HUD changes when Master Chief changes weapons
Final Smash: M-6 Spartan Laser: Master Chief aims and shots a red laser beam with a M-6 Spartan Laser

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 5 delayed:Multiverse of Kingdoms

this stage is a original FD stage,the stage design is a round floating stone painted in four halves (Red,Blue,Green and Yellow),the red half is a red grass with fire flowers,the blue half is subway station floor with graffiti of PlayStation button symbols,the green part is a cybernetic floor with green neons and yellow half is a steampunk-style floor with rusty pipes. and the scenario of stage changes,i will explains on five phases

phase 1:a purple other space with various red,blue,green and yellow comets
phase 2:a kingdom with red sky and white clouds and some of them have a red flag with a letter N (this phase is Nintendo Kingdom and the place is a reference of Nintendo meaning that is "Leave luck to heaven")
phase 3:a city with blue sky that reminds the PlayStation 3 background and floating train tracks with blue train signs with PlayStation icon,some subway trains and locomotive trains appear running in the tracks (this phase is PlayStation Kingdom and the place mad a kind of sense of the word "PlayStation")
phase 4:a sci-fi city with green starry sky,flying cubes with a green X and a giant moon that is the Xbox icon (this place is a Xbox Kingdom and this place is kinda based on Xbox Original menu)
phase 5:a steampunk kingdom with orange sky and yellow flags with Steam icon (this place is a Valve Kingdom and this place make sense into Valve company,Steam and Steampunk)

the scenario backs into the phase 1 and repeats it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

B - Plasma Pistol:
Matser Cheif shoots with his plasma pistol.

Side B - Sniper Rifle:
Cheif takes out his sniper riflfe and fires.

Up B - Gravity Lift:
Master Chief throws down a gravity lift, which shoots him upwards. Think Sonic's spring or mega man's Rush coil.

Down B - Plasma Gradane:
Master Cheif throws a plasma grenade forwards.

Final Smash: Warthog:
Master Chief summons the iconic vehicle and jumps in the back, shooting wildy as it drives over foes.
B - Popit Menu:
The Menu will appear above Sackboy's head. He can choose things to place down, including a fan that will blow opponents away, a spike and a bomb.

Side B - Paintinator:
Sackboy takes out his Paintinator and fires a paintball forward. This can be aimed.

Up B - Bounce Pad:
Sackboy places a bounce pad down that will fling him upwards.

Down B - Sackbot:
Sackboy summons a Sackbot. These act like slightly weaker versions of himself and will follow him around for a short time.

Final Smash - Prize Bubble:
Prize Bubbles will rain down and opponents will become trapped in them. Sackboy can break them out, which will send them flying. Other Prize bubbles will contain random items
Gimmick - Spartan Rage:
Kratos builds this up by his damage percentage, the more damage he has the more he deals.

B - Leviathan Axe:
Kratos throws his axe forward. Charging it gives it more power and means it will freeze opponents that it hits

Side B - Blades of Chaos:
Kratos takes out the blades of Chaos and flings them forward.

Up B - Ivaldi's Anvil:
Kratos jumps up into the air and slams his axe down, creating an icy shockwave around him.

Down B - Cyclone of Chaos:
Kratos spins the blades of Chaos around him, knocking back anyone around him.

Final Smash: Father and Son:
Kratos shouts “Now, boy!” as his son Atreus appears and fires a barrege of arrows into the foe before Kratos finishes them off with a powerful axe attack.

2018 Kratos would be the default but there could be alts for classic Kratos.

Might do Freeman later

Last edited by a moderator:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
So yeah, here we go with a change list/moveset rework for our favorite badass alien-hunting armored heroine, Samus Aran.

For starters, I'll be going for less floaty physics (even though it may have been because of NES's slower falling and Super Metroid on SNES, which was the last game made before the original Smash on N64) and a faster fall speed akin to modern 2D Metroid games like Zero Mission and Fusion.

Samus has three jumps, with the first one having a high distance thanks to High Jump Boots, with Spin Boost from Dread and Space Jump being following ones. Her dash animations now use the Speed Booster (normal dash) and Shinespark (creates small afterimages when fully holding the control stick). She can also now perform a wall-jump and cling into walls with Spider Magnet, able to shoot Power Beams three times in a row and change the trajectory while clinging.

Additionally, Samus also uses the SenseMove from Other M for her dodging/roll animations, Phantom Cloak to briefly turn herself invisible for a spot/air dodge and Flash Shift to dash at a blinking speed for directional air dodges, the latter two coming from Metroid Dread.

Normal Attacks:
  • Jab/Side Tilt/Neutral, Up & Down Air:
    • Tap - Power Beam: Tapping the button will allow Samus to shoot out three yellow energy beams at a time, working similarly to Mega Man's Mega Buster normals and even being able to aim upwards or downwards in the air like in Super Metroid. Properties can be changed with her Shield Special.
    • Hold - Charge Beam: Holding the button will make Samus charge up the beam, able to freely move around and jump while doing so. A projectile's pretty much the same as it was in her old Neutral Special.
  • Up Tilt - Melee Counter: From Metroid: Samus Returns and Dread, Samus swings her arm cannon upwards in a crescent arc, similar to an uppercut.
  • Down Tilt - Slide Kick: From Metroid Dread, Samus quickly slides across the ground while kicking forward.
  • Dash Attack - Dash Melee: From Metroid Dread, Samus uses the Melee Counter to perform an upwards flip kick while boosting forward with Shinespark.
  • Side Smash: Samus rapidly fires a stream of shots from her arm cannon, working same as Mii Gunner's Side Smash.
  • Up Smash - Screw Attack: Samus crouches down and then hops a bit while performing a somersault, surrounding herself in a green electrical field. Works similarly to Sonic's Up Smash in the Super Smash Bros. series.
  • Down Smash - Cross Bomb: Samus turns into her Morph Ball form and then drops a Cross Bomb, setting off a cross-shaped explosion around herself.
  • Forward Air: Samus unleashes a fire blast forward from her arm cannon, pushing herself backwards a bit by it's force.
  • Back Air: Samus turns around and then releases a burst of flames behind herself from her arm cannon, like Mii Gunner's own Back Air in Smash.
  • Grab: Grapple Beam - Samus fires out a blue, tethering energy beam from her arm cannon that allows her to catch an opponent in-front of him and hang on ledges.
  • Pummel: As a reference to her Metroid DNA since Fusion and their ability of leeching energy, Samus slowly absorbs the opponent's health while grabbing them.
  • Forward Throw - Melee Counter Throw: Samus smacks the opponent away with her Melee Counter and then fires three Power Beams at them.
  • Back Throw - Lethal Strike: Samus uses the Grapple Beam to swing the opponent above her and then quickly tosses them backwards. Partially based on a throw tactic used in Other M.
  • Up Throw: Samus performs a back-breaker with her knee, launching the opponent upwards into the air.
  • Down Throw: Samus slams the opponent down onto the ground and then fires several blasts from her arm cannon, based on her fight against Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
Special Moves:
  • Shield Special - Beam Switch: A menu appears next to Samus, allowing her to swap between one of her four beam types. These slightly change the properties of all her beam-firing normal attacks. When a beam is selected, Samus will strike her taunt pose from Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    • Power Beam - A standard energy blast.
    • Ice Beam - An ice projectile, that can freeze opponents when fully charged (turning blue and being stuck in place for a bit).
    • Wave Beam - An oscillating energy ball that can go through walls. Causes an electricity effect.
    • Plasma Beam - A thin laser beam that can set opponents on fire and pierce through multiple enemies.
  • Neutral Special - Missile: Functions similarly to her old Side Special, but can also be changed with her Shield Special and charged by holding the button.
    • No Charge:
      • Tap - Seeker Missile: A standard missile, but has a slight homing capability.
      • Hold - Storm Missile: From Metroid Dread, Samus will fire a barrage of missiles at once that quickly homes in an opponent in-front of her.
    • Power - Super Missile: Works the same as her old Side Special's held version in the Super Smash Bros. series, but deals more damage.
    • Ice - Ice Spreader: Samus fires a homing blast of ice that does low knockback, but freezes opponents on hit.
    • Wave - Wavebuster: Samus fires a electric beam forward in-front of her, that stuns opponents when hit and does more damage.
    • Plasma - Flamethrower: Samus emits a continuoushh stream of plasma from her arm cannon when holding the button, able to set opponents on fire.
  • Side Special - Free Aim Mode: From Metroid: Samus Returns and Dread, Samus will enter the Free Aim Mode, able to use her arm cannon's laser sight to track an aiming direction in a 360° arc around one axis. The player can use an "attack" button to shoot a Power/Charge Beam in any direction, but cannot move while in this state, being left wide open unless they press the "special" button again to exit.
  • Up Special - Grapple Beam: Samus fires her Grapple Beam diagonally or angled upwards in the air (depending on a control stick's direction) and either hangs into a ledge by reeling herself in like Zero Suit Samus' Up Special in Smash, or grabs the opponent to slam them down like Joker's Grappling Hook. Also acts as a tether recovery like a normal grab version, working more like how it was used in 2D Metroid games like Samus Returns.
  • Down Special - Morph Ball: Samus transforms into a sphere-like Morph Ball form, able to move around and jump for a while. She can also use this move to crawl on the ground and turn back to normal by simply pressing the "up" arrow on a control stick.
    • Neutral Special:
      • Tap - Bomb: Works same as her Down Special in the Super Smash Bros. series, except that bombs will now remain stationary even in the air, unlike simply dropping down.
      • Hold - Power Bomb: Holding the button will make Samus deply a Power Bomb, that leaves out a huge explosion (blast radius being the same as this one). She cannot drop more bombs until it explodes in approximately two seconds.
    • Side Special - Boost Ball: Samus rushes forward in her Morph Ball form, damaging anyone on her path.
    • Up Special - Spring Ball: Samus leaps vertically upwards a high distance into the air while using her Morph Ball form, before falling back down.
    • Down Special - Spider Ball: Samus will activate the Spider Ball to allow her ball form's appearance, allowing her to magnetically stick onto surfaces for a limited amount of time.
  • Final Smash - Hyper Beam: A Baby Metroid will fly towards Samus as it imparts spheres of energy into her as she lets out a yell, transforming her armor into Metroid Suit from Dread's final boss battle. It then disappears and Samus is able to freely move around in this state for 15 seconds, holding the button allows her to unleash a devastating energy beam (which functions similarly to Dread's and has a rainbow-like color from Super Metroid) that can go through walls and enemies, even being able to use her Side Special (Free Aim Mode). When a time period ends, a red X Parasite will appear as it touches Samus and reverts her back to normal.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We will still accepting moveset submissions for Gordon Freeman, here is some quick summary of all the job:
  • All Pac-Man changes are accepted, the sprites that would appear in each Smash attack would be randomized between the Ghosts and the other Namco Arcade reps.
  • All Mario, Sonic, Cloud and Ryu changes are accepted, unless someone doesn't agree.
  • Samus was the character that received the biggest quantity of changes submissions, honeslty I like all the ideas but we will require to either decide for one or try to mix all of them in one, unless the former is decided I will start to do the later.
  • The Heavy, Saber and Sackboy's movesets are accepted.
  • Doom Slayer, Kratos and Master Chief's moveset would require votations, vote for your favorite!
  • Next job would be released tomorrow most likely when I go back home (since I will be on the school most of the day), it would be a character submission so stay on!

Top Bottom