• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

Celph

Smash Journeyman
i spend $10-$15 every time I go to a tournament, and I have a limited amount of money like I said earlier. I don't want to just throw away money at something I suck at. I don't care much for doubles and for now I don't want to play it. I love playing melee and all, but I do need to worry about money. I think this rule is ridiculous personally. If it is enforced, then I won't go to tournaments. Me not going to tourneys won't really make a difference to other people, but I am just saying that I won't go to any tournaments with this rule unless I really feel that I can do well in doubles.

gami out
Then stop going to tournaments. You suck at singles too, but that doesn't stop you. You don't care for doubles because you suck at it and don't know what you're doing.

Going to a tournament implies entering the events. If you can't do that, then you can't go support a tournament. Do what you have to do to to be able to do that or don't come. Simple as ****.

I won't go to tournies that forced me to enter an event!
No *****. Yes you would, shut the **** up. Even if you wouldn't, that's a stupid *** moral high ground stand to take. No one would care. And you would cave.

okay, since no one likes this rule, I won't be enforcing it.
It's your tournament! Do what the **** you want! It shouldn't matter who agrees or disagrees with you. What is SoCal going to do, not attend? And go to the other biweeklies that other people are hosting?

OH WAIT.

Oscar u still didnt reply if you everrrr wanted to team with me :p
Just like I told Nate, don't ask people way better than you to team over something like smash boards. They don't want to respond to you and are trying to blow you off. Prove you're worthy before you team with someone out of your league.

Atlus8

Smash Master
No *****. Yes you would, shut the **** up. Even if you wouldn't, that's a stupid *** moral high ground stand to take. No one would care. And you would cave.
Luckily, I <3 the f**k out of doubles! Also, people WOULD care if I didn't enter doubles. That's the reason why this rule was brought up in the first place, to get people to play.

Edit: JDM, I'll team with you! Let me add you up right after Plan 9!

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Also, people WOULD care if I didn't enter doubles.
Don't flatter yourself. This is how it will go:

"Oh, you're not attending because of that rule?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. Well, that rule's dumb."

That's it. So I guess people would "care," but who gives a ****, their "care" isn't going to mean ****.

That's the reason why this rule was brought up in the first place, to get people to play.
Which has nothing to do with people giving a **** about if you enter doubles.

Anyway, I'm going to stop bringing my TVs (unless it's to save on a venue fee, and even then I only need one TV to do that) and stop taking Sherigami to tournaments just to be a *****. :laugh:

embracethe12

Smash Lord
then don't come P
sounds like an obvious solution. sherigami won't have a ride, but he's the kinda guy that would step up in gas money to get taken anyway so i'm sure he'll find one.

cry about how your "way of the smash ninja" isn't the same as everyone elses a little more then attend anyways to flaunt your skills and grab little kids' money.

telling connor to "run his own tourney" is pretty **** funny because it inches you closer to being in control of pretty much everything. To you, you think you do the seeding, singles fee, venue fee, doubles fee, call matches, well no one needs for you to do that. plenty of people are there at ALL TIMES (cept connor lol) that always help/do that stuff at connors tournament. You just ram your head in there and try to run it your way regardless of who's doing what at the time. You've even got yourself "co-host" when actually you weren't making jack **** of a difference other than turning off cubes for matches. (which is a really good thing actually in all honesty)

Bottom line is people don't want the rule, and connor already said he's not enforcing it. Why are you trying so hard? you even wrote

"Anyway, I'm going to stop bringing my TVs (unless it's to save on a venue fee, and even then I only need one TV to do that) and stop taking Sherigami to tournaments just to be a *****. "

nice 4th grade mentality. No one needs you being a cohost or for you to attend with your dictator-like attitude throwing negative energy around the room.
The way your attitude has changed after you got good is just not even comfortable to be around. If i'm not the first to think it, i'll be the first to say it:

Neighborhood P is a ***** troll even in real life.

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
then don't come P
sounds like an obvious solution. sherigami won't have a ride, but he's the kinda guy that would step up in gas money to get taken anyway so i'm sure he'll find one.

cry about how your "way of the smash ninja" isn't the same as everyone elses a little more then attend anyways to flaunt your skills and grab little kids' money.

telling connor to "run his own tourney" is pretty **** funny because it inches you closer to being in control of pretty much everything. To you, you think you do the seeding, singles fee, venue fee, doubles fee, call matches, well no one needs for you to do that. plenty of people are there at ALL TIMES (cept connor lol) that always help/do that stuff at connors tournament. You just ram your head in there and try to run it your way regardless of who's doing what at the time. You've even got yourself "co-host" when actually you weren't making jack **** of a difference other than turning off cubes for matches. (which is a really good thing actually in all honesty)

Bottom line is people don't want the rule, and connor already said he's not enforcing it. Why are you trying so hard? you even wrote

"Anyway, I'm going to stop bringing my TVs (unless it's to save on a venue fee, and even then I only need one TV to do that) and stop taking Sherigami to tournaments just to be a *****. "

nice 4th grade mentality. No one needs you being a cohost or for you to attend with your dictator-like attitude throwing negative energy around the room.
The way your attitude has changed after you got good is just not even comfortable to be around. If i'm not the first to think it, i'll be the first to say it:

Wow, tellin it like it is. Good Shiit Embrace. But P's head is so big im not sure if any of this will get through......

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
then don't come P

*** YEA.

You're about to get fuked up embrace, cant wait for P's response.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
hahahaha, i like your sig romeo

motha ****ing DC

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I was just proposing the use of this rule because I wanted doubles to get more entrants. but if it makes me look like the new Manacloud, I'd rather not go through with it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
then don't come P
Which response sounds better:

"Unlike you, I actually have a chance to place"

or

"What, don't you like getting ***** by my secondaries some more?"

Sorry buddy, but I enjoy myself immensely at tournaments. You're probably too busy telling everyone how they should play the game to notice.

With a sentence like this, it's easy to see why you got kicked out of high school. :laugh:

telling connor to "run his own tourney" is pretty **** funny because it inches you closer to being in control of pretty much everything. To you, you think you do the seeding, singles fee, venue fee, doubles fee, call matches, well no one needs for you to do that.
Would you feel like a ******* if I told you that I never asked to do any of that? That Connor, in fact, asked me to do that?

You just ram your head in there and try to run it your way regardless of who's doing what at the time.
Either that or because the host actually told me to do those things. I would insert a standard insult, but the humility you're feeling as you're reading these words is reward enough.

You've even got yourself "co-host"
Yes, you're right -- I did get myself co-host. How did I do that? By being myself, who, by the way, must be an amazing dude, because I got the illustrious "co-host" tag without asking for ****.

Translation: I don't give a **** that I'm announced as a "co-host," dude. Only you would use that against me, LMAO.

when actually you weren't making jack **** of a difference
Connor offered me the "position," as you would call it (this just in: no one cares as much as you), because I got everything done faster.

Bottom line is people don't want the rule, and connor already said he's not enforcing it.

Why are you trying so hard?
Dude, I am struggling to phrase this in such a way that won't get this post flagged for flaming, because I really want you to read this entire post, realize how god**** stupid your entire post was, and slink back to your corner without a response because I ***** your life. ****, I think I just succeeded, so I'll get to my point:

Voicing my opinion isn't "trying so hard." That's the majority of my posts, Sherlock. But you're so smart, you think you can read something into it. Hahahahaha!

Do you really want me to dissect the ways YOU'RE trying so hard? Should I think it's coincidence that the first chance you get, after I've been humiliating you on smash boards recently (and yes, it's humiliation to you, not a big deal to anyone else), you gather the balls to post big blocks of text basically just trying to outNeighborhoodP thee one and only NeighborhoodP?

After this I bet you won't try anymore. Honestly, you couldn't be any more wrong.

you even wrote

nice 4th grade mentality.
Steven, you are so smart. I cannot believe you figured that out. That was assuredly not my intention in the slightest. I was sure I could hide it from the community, especially you, but much to my dismay it seems I cannot. I will make sure to never try to keep anything from you, Master Detective.

(Hint: That was the whole ****ing point.)
The way your attitude has changed after you got good is just not even comfortable to be around.
Oh come on little Steven, I'm only a ******* to you specifically. Yes, that's right, you are special. Even Kouryuu doesn't get my wrath anymore; he's actually a pretty cool guy. All this time I thought he was a little Steven. But nope, you're the one and only dude in the smash community I honestly can't stand, at least when they're taking about smash. If you knew half of what you thought you knew, you would be the best player in SoCal.

So I give you more **** than anyone, hoping it will prove a point. I'm mean to you for one very simple reason: I don't like you. But the great thing about me is even if you don't like me, you have to respect the fact that I'm usually right about stuff, and even if I'm not, it's logical either way. Too bad no one could say the same about you; you're just an annoying know-it-all. Don't get your panties in a bunch that someone finally had the balls to tell you like it is, and you ESPECIALLY shouldn't be surprised that I was the one to do so. No one is exempt from anything; if you're wrong, I'm going to call you on it. Guess what? You're usually wrong, and this is no exception.

Wow, tellin it like it is. Good Shiit Embrace. But P's head is so big im not sure if any of this will get through......
Forgive me if I don't believe you (you need more people!), since this is coming from the same guy who keeps begging me to unblock him on AIM.

bbb

Smash Champion
nasty nate, lets team for this

or scsa or whatever it's called if it's still going

Lovage

Smash Hero
plan 9 + nasty nate seems like a good team

in a messed up way, because plan 9 has a very weird aggressive doc style i would love to see him team with another good puff

embracethe12

Smash Lord
Listen Steven,
Had a crazy day today. The kids at school were on some kind of high, maybe because the weekend was approaching. I spent all day saying "No, don't do that" or "Stop it" as kids poured milk all over the floor, jumped on tables, hit each other, threw wooden blocks round the room or just ran around like loonies. I have visions of my kids going home and telling their parents "Stop it, stop it" all weekend as that's the most English they heard from me today.

At home things are also slightly insane. Living with 3 dogs and 2 cats is a lot more work than I thought. It doesn't help that Buddy is the clumsiest dog I've ever met in my life. If I put any food down for them it's guaranteed he'll step in it and tip it over. Finally Buddy ate something of Nung's today, though, so that brought a smile to my face. As far as Nung is concerned Buddy is some kind of angelic baby who should be pampered and could do no wrong. That was until today when Buddy ate Nung's Man Utd door plaque. Somehow I don't think Nung will complain so much about Buddy sleeping outside anymore!

Tomorrow I'm teaching my first voluntary classes then we're off to Korat for a wedding. It'll be nice to have some time together as our work schedules are complete opposites. We only see each other when Nung drives me to and from school during the week. At the weekend we get a couple of hours free each day but then it's a race to do shopping and errands before Nung is back to work. We had decided that Nung would give up working daytimes as the money isn't worth us having no time together, but his boss likes the idea of having a manager there at lunchtime so we're stuck with it now. It has created more work for me too, as Nung works 13 hours a day I'm stuck with housewife duties. I can't really nag him to do stuff when he's hardly ever at home. I draw the line at ironing, though.
what??

i was just voicing out i didn't like you and that nothing would change if you didn't show up.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Plan 9- possibly, but I like to keep my options open. Also if that doesnt work out I might have a partner for you.

Top Bottom