• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
whenever I go to tournaments and stuff, I need to pay out of my own pocket, so I don't like this rule. I don't want to spend $10+ when going places, especially since I don't get allowance or have a job.

bbb

Smash Champion
heres what I'm gunna do for you connor

I'm going to flip a coin

heads: no doubles rule, same as it ever was

tails: new rule, you have to do it at least once, if it doesn't work out, no biggie

how's that sound?

MacD

Banned via Administration
My fox ***** Macd lets money match.
i'm not much of one too mm, hmmmm, but if your fox ***** we could team this week and **** and if we win then i could mm you

ask around, my peach rules in teams, p got really pissed at it but he can't arugue that i do good with it in teams

hey lovage, we should team at connor's next biweekly, like this one if you don't have a partner... or the next one or something, idk, it could be fun :)

Celph

Smash Journeyman
The rule is perfectly reasonable because the people who don't enter doubles degrade the experience for everyone else who does. So suck it up and enter doubles for the majority or stop going if five extra bucks is really that big a deal to you.

Connor's gonna just make you pay a bigger venue fee anyway so either way you're going to get penalized for doing nothing. It's despicable that you're claiming to love the game and support it yet tournaments can't even get enough teams half the time for a decent bracket because people are too stingy / lazy. It's a tournament, dude. You're expected to enter. You're being dishonest with yourself and the host; we're lucky we have these tournaments, and we need to support them to keep them. If you can't live up to that commitment, go to smash fests or whatever. Stop wasting other people's time, space, and money.

And if you claim you want to get better, well you have no excuse.

Forcing people to enter doubles is dumb on the surface, I agree, but it's always been implied by virtue of it being a tournament. It's the fault of the people being gay enough to not enter doubles. Like wtf, why are you at the tournament if you won't enter an event. What if I just stopped bringing TVs because it's an inconvenience for me to lug them all the time and it'd help me out? Who cares about the 20 other people who all benefit from me bringing it.

PS, MacD, don't flatter yourself. And Kevin's Fox sucks.

MacD

Banned via Administration
PS, MacD, don't flatter yourself. And Kevin's Fox sucks.
reality checks are nice sometimes, and that's good to know, maybe i should take the mm

question for you p, why only neutrals in a mm, isn't counterpicks part of the game, i have an idea but i want to hear your reasoning

Lovage

Smash Hero
hey lovage, we should team at connor's next biweekly, like this one if you don't have a partner... or the next one or something, idk, it could be fun :)
im teaming with atlus for this one (or scsa) but maybe next weekend not sure yet

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
P put it the way it is. what if there were 30 people and 15 teams, but only 17 or so people entered singles, that would suck right? it sucks just as much for those who enjoy doubles when there is a small amount of team entrants. but it is kinda pathetic that we (as a community) have to force people to play doubles lol

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
umm i wanna stay over someone's house in 805 or 818 or connors house friday and smash for saturday's tourney (whichever one occurs). whoever wants some sd love practice holla!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
im down for sure; ps im a respectful house guest so no worries there.

and we are gonna get top 3 in doubles this time :)

nublet06

Smash Lord
well if its about having fun and not degrading the experience of everyone who does enter doubles, then why not make the doubles tournament free?

instead of forcing people to throw away money at something they are not good at.

exactly! its fuggin stupid. dont make people do anything they dont want to. money doesnt grow on trees and sometimes 3 dollars means a lot to these kids i see at tournaments. (i have no idea how much it costs to enter doubles so i said 3 dollars because money doesnt matter to me when it comes to smash lol.)

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
i spend $10-$15 every time I go to a tournament, and I have a limited amount of money like I said earlier. I don't want to just throw away money at something I suck at. I don't care much for doubles and for now I don't want to play it. I love playing melee and all, but I do need to worry about money. I think this rule is ridiculous personally. If it is enforced, then I won't go to tournaments. Me not going to tourneys won't really make a difference to other people, but I am just saying that I won't go to any tournaments with this rule unless I really feel that I can do well in doubles.

gami out

Top Bottom